Rune Factory 5 modding

Are you using the latest version of unity asset studio?  When I right click something in the asset list tab I see an option that says show original file that shows the file in explorer.  I do not even see a raw tab.  I have replaced several portraits in my game with no problem so I know it works.  How are you importing?  Are you using the edit texture plugin in uabea to load the new image?

Edited by anym6
11 hours ago, anym6 said:

Are you using the latest version of unity asset studio?  When I right click something in the asset list tab I see an option that says show original file that shows the file in explorer.  I do not even see a raw tab.  I have replaced several portraits in my game with no problem so I know it works.  How are you importing?  Are you using the edit texture plugin in uabea to load the new image?

Yeah my mistake, Tldr I messed up a lot of things but now have it working, I managed to edit fuuka's pajama portrait, the  _300 one, knowing it would appear messed up ingame, any tips on how to proceed from here to at least not have fuuka's head off to the side or to center hina's portrait more, if it's ok to ask, how much progress have you made on your own portrait swaps you mentioned for reference?

Edit.jpg

I did not do portrait swaps but only edits.  They're still the same characters and I did not have to move anything for them to align.  There are only two ways you can fix the faces not lining up.  One find the script that places the faces and adjust its offsets.  I do not know where that script is but it obviously would be better to edit it if you could find it.  Otherwise you have to move the character portrait to line up as close as you can to where the original character portrait did.  I suggest loading both files as separate layers in a single image setting one as partial transparent and moving that way then setting it back to normal and deleting the other layer.  You will have to do this for all 5 or 6 face expressions.  I suggest saving these as a multilayer file in your image editors format then hiding all layers but one so you can do later edits more easily.  You also want to swap the contents of the sactx files but you may have to align the parts yourself if they are not the same.  I do not know if they would be.  Fuuka is probably the hardest character to swap because of that outfit.  It may help to remove most of the face leaving only the eyes and the mouth and eyebrows in the sactx file so it does not have to line up as perfectly.

Edited by anym6

I use gimp because it is free and good.  You can use anything.  Photoshop paint.net or whatever.  It just needs to be something that has features like layers and good tools that can export to png or tga.

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Dante91 said:

I want to share this mod i made for Beatrice. Im not really a fan of Nude mods but hey, its something... if you want to know how to mod the game check this server https://discord.gg/8Dkm8YNmYy at BDSP section in modding-resources.
Theres a script and some instructions for custom meshes, im busy atm so it needs a few tweaks but idk when i will have free time

vlcsnap-2022-04-13-01h45m31s773.png.93d24d1d0ffa75275118a68e187e1a9a.pngvlcsnap-2022-04-13-01h45m25s646.png.2407760a98d0844865f282228660d653.png

atmosphere.rar 1.79 MB · 14 downloads

Progress! Thanks for that.

23 hours ago, Dante91 said:

I want to share this mod i made for Beatrice. Im not really a fan of Nude mods but hey, its something... if you want to know how to mod the game check this server https://discord.gg/8Dkm8YNmYy at BDSP section in modding-resources.
Theres a script and some instructions for custom meshes, im busy atm so it needs a few tweaks but idk when i will have free time

vlcsnap-2022-04-13-01h45m31s773.png.93d24d1d0ffa75275118a68e187e1a9a.pngvlcsnap-2022-04-13-01h45m25s646.png.2407760a98d0844865f282228660d653.png

atmosphere.rar 1.79 MB · 18 downloads

Damn nice work, this is an excellent milestone.

On 4/13/2022 at 10:57 AM, Dante91 said:

atmosphere.rar 1.79 MB · 20 downloads

Yeah i dont really like nude mods myself, just more skin.

Thanks for the mod!:)

Maybe something similar can be done to the main character?

Edited by Fox696