Rune Factory 5 modding

On 6/20/2022 at 9:32 PM, Dante91 said:

I'm still doing commissions for Yawn, and a single mod takes a while to create, so maybe in the future

Ok that is fine,  I could easily wait 1 year just for a single mod to be honest, besides that though, luckily the game is coming to steam soon, hopefully that makes modding easier ( and hopefully someone makes a tool to convert switch saves of rf5 to work with steam rf5 ) but that's a different subject.

2 hours ago, adolsilver said:

Ok that is fine,  I could easily wait 1 year just for a single mod to be honest, besides that though, luckily the game is coming to steam soon, hopefully that makes modding easier ( and hopefully someone makes a tool to convert switch saves of rf5 to work with steam rf5 ) but that's a different subject.

Modding will be the same since it's still using unity and saves are sometimes compatible without editing anything.

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Dante91 said:

Its pretty easy to port the mods, hopefully i will post them tomorrow, and you can even trasnsfer the Switch Save Data to the PC version

Hide contents

image.png.e1866b9944d010f91642204009ec7da5.png

WOW that would be so great! how do you port ur save to pc? (just copy paste the save files?)

edit: I wasnt able to even find where the game actually saves xD
edit 2: hell the game launcher shows you the location :D

if anyone intersted: it works fine :) just tested :D

Copy all your savefiles to the Steam save folder (which is conveniently located for you on the launcher), and add .dat extension to all files.

Edited by anna096

I should be able to check that soon, I know copying and pasting switch saves to the steam version did not work for rune factory 4 special, even after renaming them to be what the pc version save were named, so I had assumed the same would hold true for rune factory 5's pc port.

To any future fellow degenerate who wants to mod the game, and needs to find what .bundle asset a villager's body and outfit slot is bound to, here's the list I've compiled:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Rkk7cPjmhfkfIJlygSaVOz6x6IWV7dI6KfJAEYriD0M/edit?usp=drivesdk

Some assets I don't recognize, and I've included pics, so if anyone recognizes and wants to identify them, please help (and thanks).

And for reference, here are the bachelor Ch IDs,

01: Alice
02: Priscilla 
03: Lucy
04: Scarlet
05: Fuuka
06: Beatrice
07: Ludmila

2 hours ago, Yawn_Y said:

To any future fellow degenerate who wants to mod the game, and needs to find what .bundle asset a villager's body and outfit slot is bound to, here's the list I've compiled:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Rkk7cPjmhfkfIJlygSaVOz6x6IWV7dI6KfJAEYriD0M/edit?usp=drivesdk

Some assets I don't recognize, and I've included pics, so if anyone recognizes and wants to identify them, please help (and thanks).

And for reference, here are the bachelor Ch IDs,

01: Alice
02: Priscilla 
03: Lucy
04: Scarlet
05: Fuuka
06: Beatrice
07: Ludmila

Oh my god! Thank you very much for compiling the file names. This will save a lot of time since we wouldn´t need to look through every single file to find it

19 hours ago, adolsilver said:

I should be able to check that soon, I know copying and pasting switch saves to the steam version did not work for rune factory 4 special, even after renaming them to be what the pc version save were named, so I had assumed the same would hold true for rune factory 5's pc port.

Yeah switch saves work, you just need to rename all of them to end in .dat and put them in the pc versions save directory, though of course you need a modded switch to get the saves off of it.

1 hour ago, KuugenTheFox said:

I'm mainly interested in body swaps (head+body or just the body) for various NPCs and the protagonists. I'm not familiar with unity unfortunately, what would I need to even start on this?

Swapping its kinda hard right now, because you have to match the rig the character uses, fix some weights, edit the texture skin tone and many other things
i couldnt achieve model swap because it seems the files are hard coded :(

Well, that sucks. Considering custom meshes to make the boobs bigger is even less likely to happen, body swapping was my backup. Guess I'll pass on the game then. Can't really get into it when all the marriage options are this small.

Edited by KuugenTheFox
On 7/14/2022 at 5:09 AM, Dante91 said:

Okay, there are the mods ive created so far, Freshly ported for PC, theres a ReadMe! File, Enjoy :)

RF5 PC Mods.rar 21.87 MB · 339 downloads

Fantastic, love this! Any way to get the topless version of the main character to replace the swimsuit instead of or in addition to her main outfit? I would love to see her topless any time I take a bath.

---

As for a general question, not directed at Dante, does anyone know if it will be easy/possible to remove the 'black shadow' underneath every girl's skirt? It looks like some (like Fuuka or the main character) are still modeled underneath, just obscured by a black texture, but others (like Priscilla) probably are modeled to be obscured. Thoughts?

Edited by carolthewildcat
1 hour ago, carolthewildcat said:

Fantastic, love this! Any way to get the topless version of the main character to replace the swimsuit instead of or in addition to her main outfit? I would love to see her topless any time I take a bath.

---

As for a general question, not directed at Dante, does anyone know if it will be easy/possible to remove the 'black shadow' underneath every girl's skirt? It looks like some (like Fuuka or the main character) are still modeled underneath, just obscured by a black texture, but others (like Priscilla) probably are modeled to be obscured. Thoughts?

Just the legs are modeled in most cases :(

Spoiler

image.png.710cc59160875629a789824bbac484c5.png

Edited by Dante91