SexLab Framework Development

Can someone tell me what mod I need to use that would affect the animation settings from sexlab? I want to only use certain anims from sexlab and I have sexaddicts installed but whatever settings I put on sexlab there is no change when using the sexaddicts mod

what mod do I need to use for the animations?

Can someone tell me what mod I need to use that would affect the animation settings from sexlab? I want to only use certain anims from sexlab and I have sexaddicts installed but whatever settings I put on sexlab there is no change when using the sexaddicts mod

Because sex addicts is an old mod that has been surpassed by sexlab but has no connection beyond they both are frameworks for adding sex into skyrim. I recommend uninstalling sex addicts and install some plugins made for sexlab framework in the sexlab framework download section. 

Because sex addicts is an old mod that has been surpassed by sexlab but has no connection beyond they both are frameworks for adding sex into skyrim. I recommend uninstalling sex addicts and install some plugins made for sexlab framework in the sexlab framework download section. 

Which one would you recommend? I want the most basic ones that will allow me to select the animations.

there is a good list with links here http://www.loverslab.com/topic/19588-sexlab-index/the ones under mindless sex are a good way to test sexlab. I would say maybe try http://www.loverslab.com/topic/17343-sexlab-matchmaker-updated-09172014/ but there is many to choose from. I like the ones that are more immersive myself but to see what sexlab does matchmaker is a good start. To select animations yourself you can turn them on or off in sexlab mcm menu. You can also switch during sex with the keyboard settings you set in mcm among other things. Make sure you have followed the guide for sexlab none of this will work if you skim it and forget to install skse or fores.

Which one would you recommend? I want the most basic ones that will allow me to select the animations.

Sexaddicts is my mod and I haven't used it in a play through for over two years now. I recommend you look through the index of mods and pick a few that you'd like to try and run a short play through with that combo and decide if you could live with it for a full play through. If not try another combo until you find the set that you can live with.

After each play through you can try another combo again which can change how the game plays for you keeping it fresher while we all wait for the next game that can be so extensively modded like this one.

One mod I have always used is Sexlab Submit, even if I turn off it's rape content it provides a good dialog basis to start sex acts with just about any valid NPC.

Add Sexlab Matchmaker to get spells for starting sex, Sexlab Random Sex for the random sex, and Sexlab Util1 to enable an equivalent to the "Calm" effect in SexAddicts and you have a combination of mods that give you everything Sexaddicts had.

Any update on v 1.60 progress?

Poked at it a bunch just last night. Finished and tested the implementation for more than 125 animations/creatures/voices/expressions, finished up a new creature detection system that's faster at detecting valid creatures and easier for modders to add new supported creature races, fixed a bug with strapons making them not show at first when using TFC and SexLab erroneously deleting an actors strapon that they already had before the animation, and made the papyrus/console logging more informative and consistent across sexlab scripts. 

<depressive rant>

Honestly though, despite all of the above, at this point I feel like I'm making zero progress. Beyond the important update for more than 125 animations and male/female creature separation; everything else feels like such minor and pointless improvements. I'm basically spending most of my time making fast performing sexlab functions, perform a little bit faster, which is ultimately a complete waste of time for everybody except me looking at the benchmarking results.  With the exception of the rare instances like last night, everytime I start working on the mod lately it usually starts with 1-2 hours of staring at the scripts trying to come up with something I could "improve" or "fix" in some minor way, procceded by shrugging and going to do something else. 

There's a lot of features in SexLab that are going unused by most, if not all sexlab mods, both in terms of functionality and making things easier for modders to do certain tasks; the time spent poking at the scripts to make the animation startup happen 1.5 seconds faster would probably be significantly better spent improving the documentation to help modders make use of what's already there.

Ultimately, I feel like the 1.6x series is very likely going to be the "final" version(s). At this point I'm considering just finishing up whatever absolutely needs to be finished to put out 1.60 ahead of schedule and just do bugfix and minor API updates. Running out of steam and besides the 2 important new features coming in 1.6, I'm just out of ideas of what else to do with the framework. 

</depressive rant>

Well, something highly useful would be a consensus module of some sort for things like the breast/belly node weights. We have lotsa mods that utilize those, it'd be nice if there was a central API with some options that a user could pick a consensus on them for handling how multiple mods mess with it at once.

But that's just random ideas, the framework's really nice already, so take it at any pace and it's fine!

Poked at it a bunch just last night. Finished and tested the implementation for more than 125 animations/creatures/voices/expressions, finished up a new creature detection system that's faster at detecting valid creatures and easier for modders to add new supported creature races, fixed a bug with strapons making them not show at first when using TFC and SexLab erroneously deleting an actors strapon that they already had before the animation, and made the papyrus/console logging more informative and consistent across sexlab scripts. 

<depressive rant>

Honestly though, despite all of the above, at this point I feel like I'm making zero progress. Beyond the important update for more than 125 animations and male/female creature separation; everything else feels like such minor and pointless improvements. I'm basically spending most of my time making fast performing sexlab functions, perform a little bit faster, which is ultimately a complete waste of time for everybody except me looking at the benchmarking results.  With the exception of the rare instances like last night, everytime I start working on the mod lately it usually starts with 1-2 hours of staring at the scripts trying to come up with something I could "improve" or "fix" in some minor way, procceded by shrugging and going to do something else. 

There's a lot of features in SexLab that are going unused by most, if not all sexlab mods, both in terms of functionality and making things easier for modders to do certain tasks; the time spent poking at the scripts to make the animation startup happen 1.5 seconds faster would probably be significantly better spent improving the documentation to help modders make use of what's already there.

Ultimately, I feel like the 1.6x series is very likely going to be the "final" version(s). At this point I'm considering just finishing up whatever absolutely needs to be finished to put out 1.60 ahead of schedule and just do bugfix and minor API updates. Running out of steam and besides the 2 important new features coming in 1.6, I'm just out of ideas of what else to do with the framework. 

</depressive rant>

It has been a real joy getting into Skyrim and learning a bit about mods ( I wish I felt the drive of youth to learn what I needed to make my ideas come to life, it feels like my learning curve has become a line) but I marvel every day at what my game and characters look like,  its amazing and at or near the peak of "Skyrim amazing" is Sexlab.  Short story...thanks

As for the depressive rant thing, I think the list of people that understand what is even possible with Sexlab might not be that long, could you get exposure for some of the unused functions by making a mod with them? It will give you something to direct your focus on and possibly help with payoff for hard work already done. Not to mention a potentially cool mod. Just a thought, if its a bad one please disregard.

I seem to be more excited about the standardized Arousal thing than most, its a great base for non combat stuff rather than just random.

disclaimer.....this may be more tequia than sense, or should people be allowed to drink and post?

<depressive rant>

</depressive rant>

I imagine that my mod is probably one of those, under-utilizing Sexlab's features, given the scope. I'm utilizing Sexlab for quite a bit:

• Ghost animation registration (to avoid polluting the animation pool)
  • The Expressions API
  • The Voices API
  • Animation hooks at multiple stages of scene execution
  • Animation replacements, reallignments, etc.
  • A plethora of function calls, for everything from Moaning, Stripping, etc.

What other features of yours should I be using, that I'm not? If there's a treasure trove of buried features that aren't being utilized, I'd love to know about them. ;)

EDIT: Posted this a bit more verbosely. 

<depressive rant>

</depressive rant>

To me this reads more like "My work is complete and everything I ever wanted is in there and works as well as it ever will".

Shouldn't this be a moment of celebration, rather? :)

PS: Coming from a person using it but who never delved into the depths of the power that SL has to offer, and utilizing only the rather high level functions...that documentation thing would be actually welcome, because I don't think I understand even 1% of SL! :)

The lack of documentation is the main reason why I don't use most of the SL functionality. The dilemma is that writing documentation is the most boring work a developer can do.

And there are some technical problems that prevents me from using some functionality - for example the search-for-actor function sometimes collect NPCs that can not be used - wounded NPCs  - that's why I use my own search functions. I am unfamiliar with git - otherwise I might submit some patches...

PS: search for bed function is also insufficient and collects beds that are used by NPCs - even if I parametrized the function to ignore used beds.

You could reproduce these issues if you try the search functions in military camps.

I agree with Kimy, if you feel like there's nothing more to do that means you're close to finding the holy grail of modding: a finished mod! ^^

I'm actually jelly! I wish I could say that! But every time I look at my mods I'm overwhelmed by ideas and suffocated by the knowledge that 70% of them are infeasible because of Skyrim's limitations and the other 30% would take me another 3 years of work to implement. Booooo!

But although you may not think it's so important and users may not be as grateful as they should be for it I LOVE you for all the optimisation work you're doing! Making ANYTHING in Skyrim go faster than a dead snail stuck in tar and encased in titanium is a miracle! And as someone who runs and writes some very script intensive mods I appreciate every milisecond shaved off papyrus delays! I think it's the best feature of Sexlab: despite being the most complex and scriptishly advanced mod in Skyrim it manages to be stable and responsive and that's kind of a big deal! <3

Hey, everything comes to an end and there is nothing to moan about a finished well working framework mod. You will part the fate of Lovers with PK...and believe it or not, I still have a full Oblivion installation and use that mod.

For me the most important thing was breaking the 125-animation-limit.

...and if you are bored and truly want to dive into explanations/guides to use more possibilities of the framework (and maybe a detailed guide about SexLab framework itself, I am pretty sure I still haven't detected all possible features it delivers right now...)....my own (and egoistic) suggestion would be a guide for adding/implementing animations by myself. I am not an ainmator, but I have some lying around here, I can't provide publicly, but for my own purposes.

I imagine that my mod is probably one of those, under-utilizing Sexlab's features, given the scope. I'm utilizing Sexlab for quite a bit:

• Ghost animation registration (to avoid polluting the animation pool)
  • The Expressions API
  • The Voices API
  • Animation hooks at multiple stages of scene execution
  • Animation replacements, reallignments, etc.
  • A plethora of function calls, for everything from Moaning, Stripping, etc.

What other features of yours should I be using, that I'm not? If there's a treasure trove of buried features that aren't being utilized, I'd love to know about them. ;)

EDIT: Posted this a bit more verbosely. 

Given the scope, I'd expect your mod to be one of the few that actually does utilize most of SexLab's features. I'm not super familiar with how DDI handles some things, I've only ever really ventured into it's scripting after I noticed some changes I made in a development build broke something DDI was trying to do.

A major one I'm not sure if your using or not that would probably benefit DDI, is the actor/faction tracking system. Rather than scanning every animation that starts for actors using devices, you could add the actors that equip a device into a faction (something I'd assume you probably already do anyway for other uses), and  do the following for easier detection of actors using devices being added to a sexlab scene:

event OnInit()
	SexLab.TrackFaction(DeviousWornFaction, "DeviousIntegration")
	RegisterForModEvent("DeviousIntegration_Added", "ActorAdded")
endEvent

event ActorAdded(Form ActorForm, int thread_id)
	sslThreadController Thread = SexLab.GetController(thread_id)
	Actor ActorRef = ActorForm as Actor
endEvent

The default actor tracking events are "Added" (when actor is added to a scene) "Start" (when preparation is finished and they begin actual animation) and "End" (they are exiting the sexlab animation) You can also send custom events as well whenever you want regardless of scenes using SexLab.SendTrackedEvent(ActorRef, "CustomEvent", optional_ID)

You can track either Factions like above, or individual actors using SexLab.TrackActor(ActorRef, "callback")

I'd also like to see more mods making use of the sex stats in some way, or adding custom stats, radiant prostitution is the only mod as far I know using the custom stats.

If you need an idea then focus on - voices!

With everything you have already it shouldnt be that difficult to give ability to modders to choose what voiceset to play and what sound file. (actor1 say that once if playing that animation.) That would open developement for new mods.

Also simple things like get dressed after sex and play animation while doing it  (same animation for undressing) instead of just magicaly getting dressed also voices here would do magic. (based on stats for example relationship with the player they could say if they liked it or not and play sound file to say it).

The goal of 1.60 was "Animation start/end sequences in place of ragdolling and instantly standing up". Is that system added? If not it should be even if there are no animations currently for it - for the future use.

Bottom line is if you have all mechanics working aim for realism.

It would be nice as well for the framework to have some empty voice slots instead of having to use my mod SexLab Extra Voices. I could discontinue my mod and SexLab would have empty slots for anybody to edit easily without editing the CK or using my mod.

I would also like to request some form of limiting sounds with spoken words with somewhat similar structure like the mild,medium,hot descriptors.

Perhaps other descriptors like mild,medium,hot,rape but solely for spoken words.  The framework would play those sounds periodically far less than other vocal sounds that would be for each voice slot. Perhaps with certain tags present for other mods and animations, the voice descriptor for rape which would only play spoken words that are suited for such. 

Just an idea from an idiot that's not really good with the framework or its workings.

If somebody has already mentioned such then forget what I mentioned here.  ;)

With everything you have already it shouldnt be that difficult to give ability to modders to choose what voiceset to play and what sound file. (actor1 say that once if playing that animation.) That would open developement for new mods.

Creature voices is the one voice feature I'd like to finish before calling SexLab "Final", not sure what specifically you mean here though. I have no desire to add any sort of actual vocabulary to any of the default voices.

The goal of 1.60 was "Animation start/end sequences in place of ragdolling and instantly standing up". Is that system added? If not it should be even if there are no animations currently for it - for the future use.

This plan has more or less unfortunately died.

All the animators I've proposed the idea to and asked for animations to do it have been scared off... And even if somebody was able to provide the adequate animations, I'm no longer convinced it's really worthwhile in terms of animation or scripting effort compared to spending that same time on new sex animatimations.

Could you potentially add a system that works with chairs thrones in the same way sexlab currently uses beds? That way you could use all the new chair/throne sex anims without having to add a animobject.

I'd Have To Second This Suggestion.

Chairs have to many situations where a detected chair wouldn't work well due to the chair being to close to a table or other things the actor would likely clip through during animation. While it's a good idea in theory, it'd be more consistent for any chair animations made to just include the chair as a furniture animation, similar to how ZaZ handles pillories. It could probably be worked around, but I'd argue unless 5+ chair animations suddenly show it it's most likely simply not worth the time and effort for such a niche situation.

Current v1.60 development build does however have a new feature to support bed only animations, using an animation Arrok made awhile ago where the actors are sitting on the ledge of a bed rather than in the middle playing a regular animation.

Could you potentially add a system that works with chairs thrones in the same way sexlab currently uses beds? That way you could use all the new chair/throne sex anims without having to add a animobject.

I have been using the chair animations and was thinking about this very thing. I had the throne animation kick on when I said yes to use bed, the chair sat on the bed. Not a big deal since nothing broke but if there is a way to prevent this, and I would also like to see them restricted to indoors (mine have never gone off in the wilderness so they may be) this was just a thought I had after the throne on the bed thing.

Creature voices is the one voice feature I'd like to finish before calling SexLab "Final", not sure what specifically you mean here though. I have no desire to add any sort of actual vocabulary to any of the default voices.

I was talking about adding mechanic so other modders can do it. At the moment its possible to add new voice sets and set what voice set to play for what actor. Its limiting. There are mods already that include actual words and if someone would want to choose what line to say during what animation its not really that easy. sex sounds are good as they are and can be replaced or added by other sound files but i was talking about something else here. if there are tags for voice files as for animations then modders would be able to use those files to add more realism for current situation.

By the way i want to try to do something crazy and shrink keys used by sexlab to minimum... where could i find name of the functions for sexlab adjustment keys?

Chairs have to many situations where a detected chair wouldn't work well due to the chair being to close to a table or other things the actor would likely clip through during animation. While it's a good idea in theory, it'd be more consistent for any chair animations made to just include the chair as a furniture animation, similar to how ZaZ handles pillories. It could probably be worked around, but I'd argue unless 5+ chair animations suddenly show it it's most likely simply not worth the time and effort for such a niche situation.

Current v1.60 development build does however have a new feature to support bed only animations, using an animation Arrok made awhile ago where the actors are sitting on the ledge of a bed rather than in the middle playing a regular animation.

Yeah that's fair enough. That would cause another truckload of issues.

The problem with the furniture animations as they are currently is that the furniture object gets stuck if you will.

Currently with Non sexlab animation pack the new leito animations spawn in the chair which is fine. It despawns properly on animation end which is fine. However if you swap to a different animation using the sexlab key say a cowgirl animation. The chair will still be there despite not being used.

Is that a Sexlab issue or is it down to FNIS/The animator ?