SexLab Framework Development

Hiya Folks.

Just a question, is it somehow possible to mute or silence the persons walking along or standing beside your sex scene. For the sake of not having them repeat there voice lines over and over and over and over...

and over and over...

and over and over...

and over and over...

and over and over again.

A"little" bit anoying =)

Maybe something to put into sexlab itself if it's possible

Hiya Folks.

Just a question, is it somehow possible to mute or silence the persons walking along or standing beside your sex scene. For the sake of not having them repeat there voice lines over and over and over and over...

and over and over...

and over and over...

and over and over...

and over and over again.

A"little" bit anoying =)

No but you can give them something ELSE to say:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/35611-beta-spectator-crowds-ultra-edition-with-morality-guards/

Hiya Folks.

and over and over...

and over and over...

and over and over...

and over and over again.

A"little" bit anoying =)

It's possible in the technical sense. It's not possible in the SexLab features and scope of planned updates however, it's something a different mod would have to implement. Scanning the area for nearby NPCs to silence would require, well, repeatedly scanning the cell for nearby NPCs; something that would add a not insignificant amount of scripting and processing to scenes for something relatively minor and that not not everybody would want to disable.

Not remotely worth the effort for the framework to implement. A specialized 3rd party mod, or a mod that already scans nearby NPCs during scenes for other reasons, would be more appropriate for implementing such a feature..

Is there currently a means of registering an animation but preventing it from being selected unless explicitly called?

What I'm thinking of are animations that would be specific to certain mod-defined situations and would not be appropriate otherwise. These might be intros or outros for certain types of SL animation, animations used for particular furniture, or that should be restricted to certain quests.

Is there currently a means of registering an animation but preventing it from being selected unless explicitly called?

What I'm thinking of are animations that would be specific to certain mod-defined situations and would not be appropriate otherwise. These might be intros or outros for certain types of SL animation, animations used for particular furniture, or that should be restricted to certain quests.

The answer you are looking for is on this very page

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/18708-sexlab-framework-development/?p=1010158

This is a report on an issue I've been looking into regarding creature animation.

There have been reports of something refereed to as "jittering", "twitching" or "vibration" in animations involving certain creatures. The effect is most notable with canines and horses but is not consistent and may not be noticeable at all for some users. Typically the effect will appear within a few seconds of the start of an animation and continue until a new animation is played or the sequence ends. The rotation for most creatures presents as varying degrees of forward pitch irrespective of the actual animated posture (a dog lying on its side will still pitch forward in relation to the ground). This pitch can be anything up to 45 degrees in some cases but can be so small that the effect is barely noticeable, it can also vary in speed from several times a second to a single permanent rotation. The effect can be seen when starting an animation on uneven terrain, however it also manifests unpredictably when on perfectly level ground such as interior floors where both actors start, play and finish the animation sequence on the same level.

post-346443-0-47136100-1418790352_thumb.jpgpost-346443-0-60632200-1418790359_thumb.jpg

The obvious conclusion that others have already come to is that this is due to the way these particular creatures are required to tilt to adapt to the terrain. This hypothesis is borne out by the observation that spiders adapt to uneven ground with both pitch and roll and, in testing, spiders in SL animations can exhibit the undesirable rotation in both directions.

The pitch and roll effects for these creatures are toggled in the Race window in Creation Kit under General Data -> Tilt Front/Back and Tilt Left/Right.

My first attempt to address this problem was to use the SKSE Race functions IsRaceFlagSet(), SetRaceFlag(), and ClearRaceFlag() to make a dynamic change to the races, allowing the Tilt Front/Back flag to be toggled on demand:

Race tiltRace = creatureActor.GetLeveledActorBase().GetRace()
If tiltRace.IsRaceFlagSet(0x08)
    tiltRace.ClearRaceFlag(0x08)
Else
    tiltRace.SetRaceFlag(0x08)
EndIf

However, this method does not appear to actually update the race in the current game. It should be noted that the documentation for these functions is ambiguous, showing both binary flag field and zero-based denary indexing. A quick look at the code shows only flag field support and this is apparent in testing. I have not been able to locate any successful use of SetRaceFlag() beyond the simple storage of flags.

My second attempt was much cruder and impractical for actually solving the problem at hand. It involved a simple mod that permanently altered the Horse race, removing the Tilt Front/Back flag. Unfortunately, though this change was confirmed through IsRaceFlagSet(), there was no change in the creatures' tilt behaviour. Using the hot load procedure to try and force the change was not successful. It seems that these values are not alterable in vanilla races.

My apologies for the spam, but I though it best to save anyone else looking into this the trouble of repeating it all.

Perhaps someone has some idea of a way to work around this, prevent the creature model from trying to settle, fool it into thinking it's on level ground, or maybe there is something we can do with the positioning of animations to reduce it? Or could I have made a mistake here and this can be achieved through SetRaceFlag()?

This is a report on an issue I've been looking into regarding creature animation.

There have been reports of something refereed to as "jittering", "twitching" or "vibration" in animations involving certain creatures. The effect is most notable with canines and horses but is not consistent and may not be noticeable at all for some users. Typically the effect will appear within a few seconds of the start of an animation and continue until a new animation is played or the sequence ends. The rotation for most creatures presents as varying degrees of forward pitch irrespective of the actual animated posture (a dog lying on its side will still pitch forward in relation to the ground). This pitch can be anything up to 45 degrees in some cases but can be so small that the effect is barely noticeable, it can also vary in speed from several times a second to a single permanent rotation. The effect can be seen when starting an animation on uneven terrain, however it also manifests unpredictably when on perfectly level ground such as interior floors where both actors start, play and finish the animation sequence on the same level.

attachicon.gifSl-Horse-Rotation-Normal.jpgattachicon.gifSl-Horse-Rotation-Tilted.jpg

The obvious conclusion that others have already come to is that this is due to the way these particular creatures are required to tilt to adapt to the terrain. This hypothesis is borne out by the observation that spiders adapt to uneven ground with both pitch and roll and, in testing, spiders in SL animations can exhibit the undesirable rotation in both directions.

The pitch and roll effects for these creatures are toggled in the Race window in Creation Kit under General Data -> Tilt Front/Back and Tilt Left/Right.

My first attempt to address this problem was to use the SKSE Race functions IsRaceFlagSet(), SetRaceFlag(), and ClearRaceFlag() to make a dynamic change to the races, allowing the Tilt Front/Back flag to be toggled on demand:

Race tiltRace = creatureActor.GetLeveledActorBase().GetRace()
If tiltRace.IsRaceFlagSet(0x08)
    tiltRace.ClearRaceFlag(0x08)
Else
    tiltRace.SetRaceFlag(0x08)
EndIf

However, this method does not appear to actually update the race in the current game. It should be noted that the documentation for these functions is ambiguous, showing both binary flag field and zero-based denary indexing. A quick look at the code shows only flag field support and this is apparent in testing. I have not been able to locate any successful use of SetRaceFlag() beyond the simple storage of flags.

My second attempt was much cruder and impractical for actually solving the problem at hand. It involved a simple mod that permanently altered the Horse race, removing the Tilt Front/Back flag. Unfortunately, though this change was confirmed through IsRaceFlagSet(), there was no change in the creatures' tilt behaviour. Using the hot load procedure to try and force the change was not successful. It seems that these values are not alterable in vanilla races.

My apologies for the spam, but I though it best to save anyone else looking into this the trouble of repeating it all.

Perhaps someone has some idea of a way to work around this, prevent the creature model from trying to settle, fool it into thinking it's on level ground, or maybe there is something we can do with the positioning of animations to reduce it? Or could I have made a mistake here and this can be achieved through SetRaceFlag()?

Looks more like a problem resulting from playing the animation on an incline. Playing an animation on a flat leveled ground is always going to be better, on an incline like the one in your screenshot. Regardless of race, any sizeable amount of script lag is going to cause some lag between stages of the positioning script to be more visually noticeable, under ideal circumstances it simply happens fast enough, or the positioning difference is minor enough, that the changes into the forced positioning for animation aren't overly noticeable.

Looks more like a problem resulting from playing the animation on an incline. Playing an animation on a flat leveled ground is always going to be better, on an incline like the one in your screenshot. Regardless of race, any sizeable amount of script lag is going to cause some lag between stages of the positioning script to be more visually noticeable, under ideal circumstances it simply happens fast enough, or the positioning difference is minor enough, that the changes into the forced positioning for animation aren't overly noticeable.

The effect is certainly more pronounced and more common when positioning the animation on an incline, but it's not limited to these cases.

post-346443-0-17508400-1418822375_thumb.jpg post-346443-0-95092100-1418822381_thumb.jpg

Even so, ideal circumstances are a rarity as there are few cells with perfectly level, unobstructed ground (many interiors will have steps, platforms, pits, ramps, and furniture that will trigger the tilting). The problem is more critical for Immersive mods, especially Submit and Defeat, which do not really provide opportunities to locate an area of level ground before animating.

If script lag is a factor then we can only really expect instances of noticeable rotation to increase as the average game becomes more heavily modded (assuming that users add mods more than they remove them).

Please don't take this as a demand for a fix, I'm just presenting what I've observed and tried in the hope that someone may have other ideas for tackling the issue. I'm aware this is likely a minority problem and may be intractable. I'm posting in the dev thread in case any solution that presents itself may be something you want to include in the framework.

Is there any option to make "Male Positon 1" for m/m ? If no can someone make it ? It would be great. Sorry.

Any existing animation can already do m/m. The positions in SexLab are all completely agnostic as to which gender is in which position, starting an animation with two males functions no different than starting an animation with any other gender combination.

Wondering if there's any plan to replace PapyrusUtil with JContainers. Both provide serialization to and from Papyrus to JSON files, however JContainers has some mapping functions I could make use of...

Very unlikely. I prefer the more straight forward nature of PapyrusUtil, and seeing as I'm currently the developer maintaining PapyrusUtil, I can add functions to it that I need for SexLab to it whenever necessary.

You'll need to either add JContainers as a dependency, or if the feature you find lacking from PapyrusUtil is something I can implement, I'll include it in future versions of the plugin packaged with SexLab.

Can I request two things for future versions?

- Some options to restrict foreplay animations to only play during foreplay phases. Currently it seems they are randomly chosen during regular phases, too.

- Player specific undress settings.

Very minor thing, maybe you already know this but while working with stats I noticed you forgot to add "Stats." to some functions in SexLabFramework script. :

bool function IsStraight(Actor ActorRef)
	return IsStraight(ActorRef)
endFunction

bool function IsBisexual(Actor ActorRef)
	return IsBisexual(ActorRef)
endFunction

bool function IsGay(Actor ActorRef)
	return IsGay(ActorRef)
endFunction

The functions were cheking themselves for a true or false in a loop, no wonder my script was freezing. xD

Very minor thing, maybe you already know this but while working with stats I noticed you forgot to add "Stats." to some functions in SexLabFramework script. :

bool function IsStraight(Actor ActorRef)
	return IsStraight(ActorRef)
endFunction

bool function IsBisexual(Actor ActorRef)
	return IsBisexual(ActorRef)
endFunction

bool function IsGay(Actor ActorRef)
	return IsGay(ActorRef)
endFunction

The functions were cheking themselves for a true or false in a loop, no wonder my script was freezing. xD

Already fixed in current development build.

Was wondering what has changed in the newest SKSE 1.7.2 beta ?? Maybe stuff has changed too much some mods no longer seem to work right any reason for something to break like this ?? i thought SKSE was suppose to be backward compatible ??

I haven't noticed any issues yet while testing the update. But it's a beta for a reason, if you have an problem with the beta, report it to the SKSE team.

While speaking of the stats system, every NPC in the game ends up being bisexual when seeded, which makes it unusable for what I need to do (replace gender checks by sexuality check, but if they are all bisexual everyone is allowed so this is useless.)

The function needs to be configurable, for example, this is weird to me to see that every male NPC in the game had experiences with other males (sometimes more than hetero experiences) there should be an option to disable this entierly or make it a lot less current, I would also like to see females be more easily bisexual than males.

Do you plan to improve the function or are you waiting for help? You could make a lot simplier function that use some player's settings:

Let's say, the option "Male homosexuality : 10%" the function rands a number 1-100, if under 10 this NPC is homosexual, the function sets a lot more homosexual intercourses than hetero ones using the current formula base (using aggression, confidence etc, though I suggest you to drop actor value Energy because every NPC has the same and drop the Level check because every npcs in the game lvl up with the player)

If it rand above 10 the NPC is hetero and have a lot more hetero intercourses.

Female homosexuality

Female bisexuality (You even more or less the homo/straight intercourses if the function rands under the set frequency)

Male bisexuality

All set to 10% by default for example.

Just an idea, a very simple one and thus probably not the best one but this is something.

Ashal, do you know of a way effect shader textures can allow multiple effects instead of the replacment method which currently happens..

I am trying to work with sexlab zoned cum effects and layered bukkake

its too much work to have individual textures for every combination possible.

4 zones x 4 levels of bukkake is equal to 16 textures, plus all the additional combinations make the texture count to about 250. thats work overload!, there must be another way.

for more details please see my scoclb mod. its working now with sexlab but without zones,

sexlab, skyrim cum on clothes and layered bukkake.

maybe you can build or help me with some script to handle layers or if you have any ideas. be good to hear other ways to setup what I wish to do.

cheers

Requesting a feature in a future version:

Please make it so that "Reset Strapon List" reads from a Formlist entry.

Trying to compile scripts for strapon registration has been a nightmare.  I cannot even get basic "tutorial" scripts to reliably compile without either crashing the CK or just getting a "failed to compile" notice with no information of what to fix.  Using third-party compilers works for basic scripts, but not for anything SL related.  Seems that Mod Organizer's treatment of FNIS (not in expected/default directory) makes the FNISVersionGenerated unusable for compiling, and it seems to get called if I am referencing Sexlab.  No doubt I am doing something wrong, but I can't tell which parts are technical issues and which are script-related, and after seven hours of fiddling with it, I am sick of trying.

So, yeah, if it could read from a Formlist (easily editable with CK or TESVEdit), that'd be magnificent.  Thanks.

Is it possible to have the animation name popup when an animation starts? just so it makes it easier to know which ones you like and which ones you wish to unitck - i will admit some are easy to figure out but some are not.

Open the console, the current animation will be displayed in the console output.