Better Heels Sound FX

View File

Description

Hey folks !

Did you ever said to yourself : "These heels sounds are really nice, but the quality of some sounds is pretty... meh"
Well, nothing wrong with that, some files from Heels Sound are encoded with a sampling rate of 11kHz, which is rather low. Say no more !

What it does

I replaced most of the heels sounds with better quality audio files, some of which I downloaded from royalty-free sound database websites, and others from the original sound files which I edited myself to reach 44kHz quality.

I didn't touch the files that had a good quality, like sounds on grass and carpet.

Good to know

I started editing these files almost 2 years ago and left the progress at 80%, and finished the last few files I didn't like recently, so there may be a slight inconsistency with some sounds (Nothing serious don't worry, I tested them in game).

Please let me know if you notice anything that sounds wrong to you.

Credits

Heels Sounds 1.5 SSE reupload by ApoKrytia and ybsj520 his original author.

High Heel Footstep Sounds by Indrisblake.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    03/22/2022
  • Category
  • Requires
    Heels Sound 1.5 SSE
  • Special Edition Compatible
    Yes

Edited by Laethas
8 hours ago, daylight36 said:

Hello author ! you forgot to put 'fx' folder to 'Sound' folder. Might I suggest fix it so people that just downloaded it can just use your amazing mod ?
Thank you again for the mod ! This was machine-translated

Whoops, thanks for pointing that out. I had some problems uploading my file yesterday and ended up screwing up the destination folder.

This should be fixed with the new hotfix :)

On 3/29/2022 at 10:51 AM, donnerwetter said:

@Laethas I'm not sure how the deck on the yacht from AN_Timeless is tagged, but I noticed my character walking on it sounding rather more gravelly than it used to.

I've never used this mod, but it's quite possible that the floor from the mod you're talking about is tagged as dirt, since all the heels sounds on dirt I found from royalty-free websites were more gravelly than the original as you said.

I'll try to edit the original sound files if I got some spare time one of these days. In the meantime, you can delete the "dirt" folder from my mod if it bothers you too much.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
On 10/28/2023 at 11:06 PM, KentuckyExpat said:

There is a new version of Heels Sound, v1.6 available on Nexus. It was released a day after your most recent release.

I just checked the audio files from the nexus update (better late than never) and yeah, he basically reuploaded it with my sound files. 😄 A little credit would have been nice from him, but it is what it is I guess.