Hello, First post here. I've been having a bit of a frustrating experience trying to get Animation loader to register packs. Earlier this week I had downloaded the FurnAnimation mod, and upon downloading it and it's accompanying packs, I've come to find none are active in the AL MCM. I noticed they were all active and acknowledged by FNIS no problem. I've tried fully reinstalling Sexlab, SLAL, Jcontainers, the furniture mod and its available packs, yet they still do not appear in the MCM. I've been trying to research the topic for a few days now and I cannot find a solution. If anyone may know what's I may be doing wrong it'd be much appreciated. I do use vortex as my mod manager of choice.

Screenshot of what it looks like in game for clarification 

ScreenShot3.png

Edited by reemanlee

try clicking around on the screen like an idiot, that seems to fix it sometimes.

if that fails then try reinstalling jcontainers.

edit: you do have a slal pack installed right?

Edited by MadMansGun
4 hours ago, reemanlee said:

Hello, First post here. I've been having a bit of a frustrating experience trying to get Animation loader to register packs. Earlier this week I had downloaded the FurnAnimation mod, and upon downloading it and it's accompanying packs, I've come to find none are active in the AL MCM. I noticed they were all active and acknowledged by FNIS no problem. I've tried fully reinstalling Sexlab, SLAL, Jcontainers, the furniture mod and its available packs, yet they still do not appear in the MCM. I've been trying to research the topic for a few days now and I cannot find a solution. If anyone may know what's I may be doing wrong it'd be much appreciated. I do use vortex as my mod manager of choice.

Screenshot of what it looks like in game for clarification 

ScreenShot3.png

When you start your game have you hit the Install SexLab button in the SexLab MCM? Sometimes the simplest errors cause the biggest problems.

2 hours ago, MadMansGun said:

try clicking around on the screen like an idiot, that seems to fix it sometimes.

if that fails then try reinstalling jcontainers.

edit: you do have a slal pack installed right?

I do, I've been trying on a fresh save to get one working before jumping on reinstalling the others.

16 minutes ago, RohZima said:

Is the JSON file definitely in the SLAL folder? It should show if it is.

The folder is present, and looks like it's holding the correlating files.

18 minutes ago, Psalam said:

When you start your game have you hit the Install SexLab button in the SexLab MCM? Sometimes the simplest errors cause the biggest problems.

I always make sure it's installed when starting a fresh save. Been using the base framework and haven't had any problems with the actual framework or its base animations

1 hour ago, reemanlee said:

I always make sure it's installed when starting a fresh save. Been using the base framework and haven't had any problems with the actual framework or its base animations

You do understand that my question applies to hitting the "Install" button in SexLab after the game starts. I'm sure that you've installed SexLab in your load order.

anecdotal but

1) make sure SLAL is installed BEFORE you install any SL animation packs.

- If you did install them prior to SLAL, uninstall them and then, after a new save and savefile cleaning, reinstall them.

in my game when I first installed animations, I did so prior to knowing SLAL was even needed. None of the animation packs (about a half dozen) showed up in its menu although a coupe I installed after did. Uninstalled "missing" packs and reinstalled them, and voila there they were.

2) make sure to only install SE qualified animation packs. Maybe not as common as it might have once been, but I've been bitten by it, and I've seen a whole lot of posts over the past ~2 years from others who did too. 

When you open SLAL, wait. It can take a little while (10 seconds or more) to load the submenus for animation packs. Presumably this delay is due to some "read" operation that goes on before they're displayed. But in game, it can *seem* like it takes forever for them to display. wait, and then wait just a little longer. I've also found that the delay has increased with the number of packs I have installed.

4 hours ago, anjenthedog said:

anecdotal but

1) make sure SLAL is installed BEFORE you install any SL animation packs.

- If you did install them prior to SLAL, uninstall them and then, after a new save and savefile cleaning, reinstall them.

in my game when I first installed animations, I did so prior to knowing SLAL was even needed. None of the animation packs (about a half dozen) showed up in its menu although a coupe I installed after did. Uninstalled "missing" packs and reinstalled them, and voila there they were.

2) make sure to only install SE qualified animation packs. Maybe not as common as it might have once been, but I've been bitten by it, and I've seen a whole lot of posts over the past ~2 years from others who did too. 

When you open SLAL, wait. It can take a little while (10 seconds or more) to load the submenus for animation packs. Presumably this delay is due to some "read" operation that goes on before they're displayed. But in game, it can *seem* like it takes forever for them to display. wait, and then wait just a little longer. I've also found that the delay has increased with the number of packs I have installed.

Been trying this for about four hours. Reinstalled both slal and have fully Uninstalled and reinstalled the billyy human packs as my testing one, and tried fresh saves as opposed to a current running game. I've also tried reloading and reapplying the json files with no luck. I'm frankly at a loss to what I may be doing wrong. Normally I've been able to troubleshoot my mod problems with a hour or 2 of research but following troubleshooting from other forums has also led to no results.

So, after a bit more digging i decided to try downloading python and try running the animation generator. I do believe i found my problem per say, but this is my first time using a python script, so I'm not entirely sure where to go from here.

Edit: I tried rebuilding, and all four are coming up with a text saying skipping cause of source error. I'm not sure why that may be, these are all files I fresh downloaded maybe an hour prior.

Screenshot (3).png

Edited by reemanlee

ok...that was a fail. Which mod manager are you using and did you actually deploy after installation of it/them?

edit: I posted that ^^^  just as/or after you did. What's this Python script stuff I see in your last reply? Did you create your own animation scripts or are trying to use source code raw? don't they have to be compiled? (honest question, I never thought to check or even look at the file contents) 

never mind on that. I'm a fish out of water.

Edited by anjenthedog
1 minute ago, anjenthedog said:

ok...that was a fail. Which mod manager are you using and did you actually deploy after installation of it/them?

Been managing using vortex. Normally the mods deploy on their own after an edit but I always make sure to deploy again when dealing with animations, along with running fnis before start up.

18 minutes ago, reemanlee said:

Edit: I tried rebuilding, and all four are coming up with a text saying skipping cause of source error. I'm not sure why that may be, these are all files I fresh downloaded maybe an hour prior.

billyy uses the generator that's in MNC ( SLAnimGenerateForMNCv12.pyw ), it has some support for extra commands.

Edited by MadMansGun
14 minutes ago, anjenthedog said:

edit: I posted that ^^^  just as/or after you did. What's this Python script stuff I see in your last reply? Did you create your own animation scripts or are trying to use source code raw? don't they have to be compiled? (honest question, I never thought to check or even look at the file contents)

It was a bit of an older forum, but it recommended trying to run the generator to either fix or find potential errors. I thought it may just have been some issue with the Billyy animations, but I installed another and it seems to have no errors yet still does not appear in the mcm

• reemanlee changed the title to SLAL not registering packs[Solved]
  • 3 months later...
On 1/23/2022 at 3:25 PM, reemanlee said:

Well fuck me, I finally seem to found my problem. Seems my jcontainers and skse were incompatible versions. I had to downgrade both to previous versions. Sorry for being an idiot, thank you all for trying to help

You just saved another idiot (me) a shitload of time, so thank you.