Skyrim + New OS + New SSD CTD Startup . How can i solved

As you can see here   CTD on startup ?? something is missing ???   The problem arose just as the title says: New OS + New SSD + Skyrim CTD Startup

Yes, I know it's crazy to conceive such a thing  ? 

When our HDD decides to abandon us, we begin to worry. And now ???, do I have to re-download everything ??  NO ?

You may be thinking "fuck you say, if I no longer have my HDD, I have to re-download and reinstall everything"   NO ?

Here's how to avoid downloading / reinstalling everything

1) Follow these data recovery instructions    OS + HDD Broken down

2) Access the location of your Skyrim and start it via SKSE . The new game will start. When you are in control of the menu, set the general configuration and exit the game

3) Eliminate any Skyrim-related icons (SKSE, FNIS, Bodyslide and / or other) from the desktop and taskbar

4) Follow the path of your Skyrim and, take the entire folder

Spoiler

Immagine.jpg.54cf25409790cf10f8edef54b2dbacb7.jpg

5) Copy to the new directory

Spoiler

Immagine1.jpg.f0f75f69fd29318f1f131185f987c403.jpg

6) Repeat the process with your ModManager

7) From here on, you will be working on the new directory

8 ) Open Bodyslide (ignore the error message if it appears) setting/Browser and enter the Data folder of the new path .

If, you have used the exact same path, this step will probably not help

Spoiler

Immagine.jpg.717f71eaf1abcbb2238ffc8efbef7a80.jpg

9) Open the ModManager and activate all plugins. Launch FNIS

10) Send SKSE Launcher exe to Desktop

11) Start the game. Obviously, having lost most of the data, it will be a new game but, that's already something . In any case, starting from the beginning will be mandatory, but at least, you won't have to download / install anything, just a simple Copy / Drop

This procedure is only valid if your old HDD still has a little life. If, you cannot access the Hard Drive, resign yourself to redo everything

Video Demonstrative

Spoiler

Edited by Lestat1627
Add Video Demonstrative
  • 1 year later...
2 hours ago, donttouchmethere said:

That can never happen, this are all horror stories to scare badly modded kids

It had happened to me, and , as I explained, with the copy/paste trick , I fooled Windows 11  ? . It may have been a coincidence , however, at the time it had solved the problem for me.