Final Fantasy 7 Remake

4 minutes ago, minamoto_soki said:

I can't say what's other people think. But for me, the launcher launched in the sorry state. Even now most functions are not there yet. But Epic just keep buying exclusive instead of fixing the launcher. And now with Square Enix just put this PC port for 70$. It's an instant pirating.

Me personally I've never had a problem with their launcher. I play Fortnite and NBA2K21 fine on there. But I can see the price being an issue. 

14 minutes ago, Theorize1 said:

How long does it usually take for mods to start dropping? This is the first game I've been interested in moding the same day it came out.

it can be a few days (resident evil speed), a few weeks (guilty gear strive speed), a few months (dead or alive 6 speed), or even a year (atelier ryza speed)

15 minutes ago, hilbo75 said:

it can be a few days (resident evil speed), a few weeks (guilty gear strive speed), a few months (dead or alive 6 speed), or even a year (atelier ryza speed)

or a new speed (final fantasy 7 remake speed ),one day 

Edited by hdaam
On 12/10/2021 at 10:42 AM, budgiecat said:

Its not a remake its a sequel. They did that so they could include all the story beats from the FF VII compilation; like the stories of Dirge of Cerberus and Advent Children, which take place after OG FF VII. Sephiroth goes back in time to ensure he wins this time.

It is a cosmic retcon more than a sequel since when things diverge the original plotline, forces trying (and ultimately failing) to maintain Fate intervene before Sephiroth fully changes everything anyway.

Only the first part will resemble the rest of what happened in the 1997 release. The 'Remake' assumes intimate familiarity with the source material so anyone looking to play it will benefit from at least reading a summary of the plotline from FF7 if they do not want to experience it for themselves. 

2 hours ago, hilbo75 said:

Mods for Resident Evil 3 were technically made before the game was released since they were developed for use with the demo. Not much can hope to beat that level of speed. 

There's a mod that put Cloud in one of his three dress choices shown in a Youtube video. However, where to find this actual mod isn't showing up on Google search results. It's supposedly a mod made by Adol. I take it, it might be a similar HxD edit like swapping Tifa original out to one of her alternative costumes. So probably a save file hex edit. Though, Cloud can actually fight as normal in this mod and not locked out of any action commands.

image.png.d6a26621e860659d5e6ec8709d3be192.png

image.png.567992bc4266662a8bb0de70934bd4f1.png

image.png.cc852be30dd8a9eeae7f3c36b1b70caa.png

Also, anybody found where they hidden the configuration files? The game doesn't have the usual Engine.ini in the common folder structure locations.