MC Command Centre Settings

Hey everyone,

since I haven't found a separate mod support area for the MC Command Centre, I hope my question is right here:

Can any of you tell me how I can control it so that Sims don't occupy all the empty flats en masse in one day? Apparently the game manages to occupy the flats more logically, as it keeps happening in between and taking random households. It is the randomness that is most important to me. Since I installed MC Command, on Friday nights all empty houses are occupied at the same time and just filled with the most recently created households. So it's not random anymore, it's just based on the household list from top to bottom, first families, then singles :(

I also can't get around it by setting a day for the exam, like with weddings or pregnancies, because there's no option for that to set the check day :( 

I first thought it was a bug due to outdated mods. But since I was already able to clean them up and no more error messages are generated, it must be a setting.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

9 hours ago, The Blob said:

Hey everyone,

since I haven't found a separate mod support area for the MC Command Centre, I hope my question is right here:

Can any of you tell me how I can control it so that Sims don't occupy all the empty flats en masse in one day? Apparently the game manages to occupy the flats more logically, as it keeps happening in between and taking random households. It is the randomness that is most important to me. Since I installed MC Command, on Friday nights all empty houses are occupied at the same time and just filled with the most recently created households. So it's not random anymore, it's just based on the household list from top to bottom, first families, then singles :(

I also can't get around it by setting a day for the exam, like with weddings or pregnancies, because there's no option for that to set the check day :( 

I first thought it was a bug due to outdated mods. But since I was already able to clean them up and no more error messages are generated, it must be a setting.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

The game settings also have a switch to enable sims to be moved into homes automatically.

It's either ON or OFF.

But it's possible MCCC causes all Sims to move in on Fridays all at once rather than at random.

Just the way the Mod works I think.

In my game I just have them disabled from moving in automatically and move Sims around manually.

You can disable that in MC Settings > Population Settings > Moving Settings >Allow Homeless Move-Ins (0) 

Thank you for your input.

I know the game's own option in the menu. I think it's actually quite good as far as random placement is concerned. However, here the game mostly generates new families for, although I have over 150 self-generated and homeless and it also definitely doesn't seem to occupy all the houses at some point.

I had hoped to be able to adjust the whole thing through MC Command. Here, no new families are then generated at the time of the moves, but 50 moves happen at once and the randomness disappears insofar as it is foreseeable which households will be taken: First households with >1 person, then single households in descending order according to their update (so in principle, which household was created last).

So both are very unsatisfactory, because for a replay value and fun factor, randomness is needed. I don't want to have to decide for myself which household moves in where. That completely ruins immersive surprise.

Since the upcoming update won't change this, I have to hope for a setting in MC Command that I might be doing wrong. If there isn't one, then I guess I'm out of luck and have to play with one evil or another, but would then be very disappointed with such an extensive mod.

11 hours ago, shorty943 said:

Since the last update to TS4 code, I have noticed the game seems NOT to be reading the settings.cfg file.

Deaderpool is not yet releasing any fixes. so for now we are stuck.

what do you expect? Like there is a game update and 10mins all mods are updated as well?
The modders are people too, with normal lifes and stuff... give them some time.

And as a hint for everybody that uses mods/CC: don't update your game until the mods are updated - if you do so and your mods are broken, your fault....

On 12/1/2021 at 8:11 PM, thaclone said:

what do you expect? Like there is a game update and 10mins all mods are updated as well?
The modders are people too, with normal lifes and stuff... give them some time.

And as a hint for everybody that uses mods/CC: don't update your game until the mods are updated - if you do so and your mods are broken, your fault....

Actually That mod was out of date for a month while EA\Maxis put out 2 updates. Don't presume you know every thing.

11 hours ago, shorty943 said:

Actually That mod was out of date for a month while EA\Maxis put out 2 updates. Don't presume you know every thing.

that mod was never out of date for a month...

there was a new TS4 update and the current Version of MCCC works just fine with it. Nothing is/was broken and until now, there is no MCCC update for the newest game patch, because there is no need ?‍♂️

Since the patch, there have even been 2 updates for the mod, as far as I've noticed. I've been playing Sims for a month at all, but with the popularity and the current intervals, I can't imagine that the mod was unusable for months.

Anyway, I'd like to get back to the origin of the topic? :D

So I have taken to building houses on all the lands and occupying them via MCCC. Unfortunately, you can't set a check day here, so you always have to play towards Friday night for a whole week. I wonder, however, whether it makes a difference in terms of the game / programming whether households live in homes or are homeless?

As an example: I always start a new game with a good 190 Sims of my own created. In my last test run, the game actually used several of them for the science career and gave them to me as work colleagues. In the current test run, however, although I have not consciously changed anything in this respect, the game is constantly creating its own Sims and does not even take mine.

Surely this must be controllable somehow? With almost 200 of my own created households (set to unplayed) and all the predefined NPC families, it must be possible to keep the creation of new Sims to a minimum somehow. This alien creation also really gets on my nerves. In the last game I didn't have any. Since the updates, at least 3-6 are always created. Super annoying.

13 hours ago, The Blob said:

So I have taken to building houses on all the lands and occupying them via MCCC. Unfortunately, you can't set a check day here, so you always have to play towards Friday night for a whole week. I wonder, however, whether it makes a difference in terms of the game / programming whether households live in homes or are homeless?

The game likes to use homeless for many types of NPC service jobs like pizza delivery, bartenders, DJ's, etc., but will usually assign residents to EA Careers.

But the game will also keep spawning sims at random for no reason at all so many sims added are useless anyway.

Some of the settings in MCCC Careers can be changed to prevent residents from having EA Careers assigned by Age and percentages.

You can also stop the game from moving homeless into every home in game by using MCCC and disabling the setting in game settings if that's what you want.

These auto move-ins always happen on Fridays at Midnight.

I assume you have MCCC set to import sims from your library rather than EA random uglies.

Surely this must be controllable somehow? With almost 200 of my own created households (set to unplayed) and all the predefined NPC families, it must be possible to keep the creation of new Sims to a minimum somehow.

I use NPCC mod to prevent the game from adding more useless sims and use both existing sims residents and homeless for service jobs rather than adding new sims all the time.

Be sure to check NPCC settings to enable both residents & homeless for service jobs.

Then find and enable the setting called 'Do Not Generate' (New Sims).

It has many other useful settings besides those.

Second choice is a mod called Zero_No Random Assign Jobs and it only uses filters for game packs you have installed.

You just need to install only the filters you have Packs for and everything, mostly, is done automatically.

It rarely gets broken with game updates as it's just filters and not a script mod like NPCC.

Although it doesn't have any settings to change it still does a damn good job at keeping EA random sim generation to a minimum. 

This alien creation also really gets on my nerves. In the last game I didn't have any. Since the updates, at least 3-6 are always created. Super annoying.

You can also disable occult generation, abductions, and Alien Pregnancies with MCCC settings.

Your post covers a lot of different topics that are a bit more complicated to explain everything so this might help with some of them..       

I would like to thank you again in advance for your friendly and detailed helpfulness !

My problem is that in over 100 hours of play I still haven't understood the basic functionality of the game so that I can make changes based on it.

It already starts with your hint that I let the game import Sims via my library. No, I don't. I've never been sure which is better. I've created all the households so far and then brought them into the game via the move menu, but haven't put them in houses anywhere. This meant that they were already available to the world as homeless households in the "My Households" category and were set as unplayed instead. I just want everything to happen as randomly as possible, so I want them to move into houses on their own.

I only installed the MCCC afterwards and saw this import function. However, I couldn't find out anywhere what advantages and disadvantages this has. I also use Sims from the gallery in my library and adapt them if necessary, e.g. if I don't have certain pack contents. But what does the game import then? The original version or the one with a spanner at the top left of the picture as the "customised" version? Also, are the names taken over or are they converted into standard surnames? Do their characteristics and preferences remain saved or are they overwritten for the game import?

Since I had no way of finding this out anywhere, I thought my method above was safer. The fact that MCCC then occupies all the houses at once on Friday night is therefore a compromise that I could live with, because otherwise the game often created new households and put them in the houses, which I then always delete before Friday night.

I will definitely have a look at your NPCC. I had seen it somewhere before, but I couldn't find out whether it was compatible for the current update and whether it was still being maintained at all.

Edited by The Blob
36 minutes ago, The Blob said:

It already starts with your hint that I let the game import Sims via my library. No, I don't. I've never been sure which is better

The main reason for importing your saved sims is because you eliminate EA throwing in random ugly sims.

But for example I have edited over 150 sims with cc hair, makeup, clothing, etc., and saved them to my Library to use for importing by MCCC later.

So it doesn't make much sense if you don't have a ton of nice sims saved to use.

If the game needs more than what you have saved to your Library it will reuse the same ones and rename them.

If/when you create new households and move them into homes they usually get saved to your Library automatically.

Using NPCC or Zero's mod will reduce the number of sims you need for service jobs but the game will still be trying to move sims into homes.

Not sure how this last part will work since I have it disabled in my game and only move sims into homes manually either by making new ones or using my saved sims.

I should also mention with the game and MCCC using sims for EA Careers and NPCC using sims for service jobs you might end up with a shortage of sims

to use if NPCC is set to Do Not Generate.

This is why I disabled MCCC Careers because service sims are more important/useful for actual game functions like bartenders, vendors, Butlers, etc.

It's rather crazy the way the game assigns sims to different things but even if you have 200 sims available the game will keep on adding more.  

Edited by Scorpio
On 12/8/2021 at 3:27 PM, Scorpio said:

The main reason for importing your saved sims is because you eliminate EA throwing in random ugly sims.

But for example I have edited over 150 sims with cc hair, makeup, clothing, etc., and saved them to my Library to use for importing by MCCC later.

So it doesn't make much sense if you don't have a ton of nice sims saved to use.

This is not a problem. As I said, I already have about 200 Sims available and was hoping the game would have enough then and not have to create more unnecessarily. But unfortunately it does, as you also say. I welcome when the households I created but left unplayed decide to take EA careers or NPC jobs, so you can find them everywhere.

Using NPCC or Zero's mod will reduce the number of sims you need for service jobs but the game will still be trying to move sims into homes.

This is also not a problem. After all, I want all the houses to be occupied. I didn't build on the empty lots for nothing. I just want it all to develop randomly. That's why I've always started games so far by bringing all my own households into the game myself, just no home to move in except my intentionally played household.

I should also mention with the game and MCCC using sims for EA Careers and NPCC using sims for service jobs you might end up with a shortage of sims

Also no problem. I would also like to focus only on one played household. Therefore, all the others should act as autonomously as possible and I welcome if they do not remain all unemployed and homeless, which I have created.

The question remains: I have more or less 2 files for each Sim in the library. Once the original and then once an edited. Either I had to choose other clothes because I do not have the packs, or have removed Sims from the original household or let single Sims play together as one household, have changed characteristics or added preferences.

In any case, the game always creates a copy with a blue wrench in the upper left corner. What does MCCC import now? The original or the edited version? Ideally, yes the edited version, otherwise all my changes are not taken over.

If MCCC is then instructed to import only sims from my own library: If it then needs a Sim for a job, does it then import only single Sims even from related households, sort of tearing them apart and importing them as a single household or does it then import the whole household but only one of them gets the currently needed job ?

29 minutes ago, The Blob said:

In any case, the game always creates a copy with a blue wrench in the upper left corner. What does MCCC import now? The original or the edited version? Ideally, yes the edited version, otherwise all my changes are not taken over.

MCCC selects sims randomly from your gallery when the game needs a NPC. That's why it's a good idea to keep only one copy of any sim. It could import the original or your edited ones if you have them both stored.

29 minutes ago, The Blob said:

If MCCC is then instructed to import only sims from my own library: If it then needs a Sim for a job, does it then import only single Sims even from related households, sort of tearing them apart and importing them as a single household or does it then import the whole household but only one of them gets the currently needed job ?

MCCC treats each sim in your gallery individually so it will break up households in your gallery to pull only the one NPC that the game needs. It will not import an entire household if only one sim is required. There's also something else to note in that when MCCC imports a sim from you tray, they are no longer the same sim. They are the same in appearance only. They will be given random traits once imported.

Edited by BatDood
1 hour ago, The Blob said:

This is also not a problem. After all, I want all the houses to be occupied. I didn't build on the empty lots for nothing. I just want it all to develop randomly. That's why I've always started games so far by bringing all my own households into the game myself, just no home to move in except my intentionally played household.

What is often done when using NPCC is leaving the Do Not Generate setting off until after you've played your new game for awhile to allow the game and Mods to do their thing as normal if you want the homes filled up and Service Jobs added normally.

Either allowing the game and MCCC to move sims into homes on Fridays OR move them in manually.

After most all homes are filled then the game will continue to add Homeless Sims from then on.

This is usually when it's time to enable the NPCC setting Do Not Generate to stop the game from adding more and more useless sims.

I also only keep one copy of each sim, or family, saved in my library as I only want my edited versions being used and not the originals.

So you have the fixed up Goth Family version saved for example and when I start a new game I just replace the Goths in that house with my edited version and delete the old originals.

Large families might require you to delete some of the originals in game first to make room to merge your edited family into the same house and then delete the original.

MCCC has a setting called Pause on Zone Load that should be enabled.

This allows you to edit sims in game if needed and keeps the game paused so that no time passes.

On a new save once you have all your homes filled with edited sims you can do a "Save As' 'Master Save' and use it whenever you want to start a new save you just load the Master as it has never been played because the game was always paused when you created that Master Save.

Then make a new Sim to play and move into a house then do another 'Save As' 'Whatever' so you preserve the Master without any progress to use again later.

It saves a ton of time not having to repeat the whole process over again whenever you want to start a new game with all your edited sims pre-installed and ready to go.

Need to make changes/fixes to your Master Save later just load it up and make changes and save it as you normally would.  

Edited by Scorpio
On 12/9/2021 at 10:01 PM, BatDood said:

MCCC selects sims randomly from your gallery when the game needs a NPC. That's why it's a good idea to keep only one copy of any sim. It could import the original or your edited ones if you have them both stored.

MCCC treats each sim in your gallery individually so it will break up households in your gallery to pull only the one NPC that the game needs. It will not import an entire household if only one sim is required. There's also something else to note in that when MCCC imports a sim from you tray, they are no longer the same sim. They are the same in appearance only. They will be given random traits once imported.

Oh damn that sucks, that really really sucks :D

Then it really makes no sense. If I have to delete the original files of other simmers from my library, I'll have to look for them all again when I've bought the necessary packs to be able to wear the orignal clothes. That then for the fact that by importing through MCCC my Sims lose their preset characteristics and preferences anyway?

I think I will try it now as follows: I start as always. All households are already brought into the game by myself, all homeless. I then use the NPCC and activate "Do Not Generate" in the hope that the game then uses the existing Sims, but their characteristics are preserved.

On 12/9/2021 at 10:35 PM, Scorpio said:

On a new save once you have all your homes filled with edited sims you can do a "Save As' 'Master Save' and use it whenever you want to start a new save you just load the Master as it has never been played because the game was always paused when you created that Master Save.

I already have a Master Save, as you probably mean. Thanks for the tip anyway. Knowing that I still have a lot of experimenting to do before I can play properly, I've already built my worlds completely. Also the whole households I had to get then all individually into the game and edit, if I was missing e.g. Packs or characteristics still had to be selected. So I don't have to do it all over again, my new games always start from then on.

Oh guys, the game is really starting to piss me off. Actually, I had hoped that I wouldn't have to bother you any more and would have elicited all the necessary information from you in order to finally be able to start the game properly, but fiddlesticks.

Now I've already installed 2 mods (MCCC + NPCC) to fix the game's pointless programming and it still doesn't seem to be enough.

Background info: I currently have 190 homeless single households in the "My Households" category and several multi-person households in the "Other Households" category. The ones specified by the game, such as the Goth family, are already in houses, but my own are not yet, as are the singles. Everything is set to "unplayed" except for one household, mine.

I have switched off the setting in the game options "Occupy empty houses". When I activate it, despite the setting in NPCC, new families are still generated and placed in the houses instead of taking the existing homeless. So there is no choice but to occupy everything manually or wait until Friday night. Problem recognised, accepted and banished.

But now comes the scoop with the jobs: I play the science career. Before installing NPCC, the game always created homeless singles and used them as my work colleagues (although there were 200 possibilities for taking my created Sims...) But well, we've already made fun of that here, what the game creates all Sims for.

Now through NPCC what happens? Although I have set all the necessary settings according to my discretion (Residence +++++++++ Homeless++++++++ use both), nevertheless now only sims with residence are used. I enter the science lab and am allowed to welcome Mr.Goth and Mrs.Feng as work colleagues. They've got to be kidding me. Now the game even overwrites the actual jobs and preferences of the given Sims instead of taking the over 200 unemployed despite the mod! I then experimented with a few more settings in the NPCC, but to no avail.

Of course, I could go and uncheck residence now, but that's not the point. After all, if I manually fill all the houses now, they would never be able to have an EA career, but will at most do NPC jobs like librarian or entertainer. Is there a preference from the game that for EA careers it only takes those with residency? I can't really imagine that though, because with 2 mods with so many and sometimes unnecessarily packed setting options, isn't there any way to influence those preferences?

MCCC is responsible for managing EA careers, but where? I only found an option in the career module for it "Jobs only for inactives" and tried it both enabled and disabled (not understanding from the translated description what the option is trying to do anyway) and it changed nothing.

10 hours ago, The Blob said:

Of course, I could go and uncheck residence now, but that's not the point. After all, if I manually fill all the houses now, they would never be able to have an EA career, but will at most do NPC jobs like librarian or entertainer. Is there a preference from the game that for EA careers it only takes those with residency? I can't really imagine that though, because with 2 mods with so many and sometimes unnecessarily packed setting options, isn't there any way to influence those preferences?

NPCC has another setting to allow itself to control assigning EA Careers also.

Plus you can click on any sim in game and select NPCC > Assign Job or Remove Job.

The idea is to initially have only residents in game to start with and maybe a few homeless so NPCC will use residents or existing sims first before it imports more from the Library.

But for some jobs the game prefers homeless over residents.

10 hours ago, The Blob said:

Background info: I currently have 190 homeless single households in the "My Households"

All these sims should also be in 'Other Households' as that is another setting in NPCC that's used to select sims for Jobs/Careers.

Not sure if 'My Households' is included in selections list or if it's enabled/disabled.

Also better to leave MC_Careers at defaults or it will remove sims assigned to  EA Careers if set to 0%.

I don't bother with the EA Careers myself as I never have my Played Sim get a Career.

So in my case I set this to 0 because I'd rather have the game using existing Residents for Bartenders and other Service Jobs.

Edited by Scorpio
1 hour ago, Scorpio said:

NPCC has another setting to allow itself to control assigning EA Careers also.

Plus you can click on any sim in game and select NPCC > Assign Job or Remove Job.

NPCC doesn't have (or I can't find) a special function for EA careers. You can only assign which one is accessed via the Sim Settings. It is precisely this self-assignment that I don't want, just as little as the manual settlement. It should just happen randomly and automatically and, especially with the jobs, according to preferences. What's so difficult about that with such a huge amount of Sims?

All these sims should also be in 'Other Households' as that is another setting in NPCC that's used to select sims for Jobs/Careers.

Not sure if 'My Households' is included in selections list or if it's enabled/disabled.

It is included. Here I have activated everything. My households and other households, Sims with and without residence, unplayed households. Fame doesn't matter because I don't have the pack anyway. Nevertheless, currently only the families with residence are selected for EA careers and their current jobs are even deleted for them, so my settings in NPCC above are completely ignored. Even if I then manually delete my work colleagues from the known families, will it simply then assign me others from the families as long as the settings are not correct? In addition, the actual jobs of the family members are then deleted (e.g. Mrs. Munch is no longer in the restaurant).

Also better to leave MC_Careers at defaults or it will remove sims assigned to  EA Careers if set to 0%.

I don't bother with the EA Careers myself as I never have my Played Sim get a Career.

So in my case I set this to 0 because I'd rather have the game using existing Residents for Bartenders and other Service Jobs.

I have not changed anything in the career module of MCCC. The percentages for "employment sectors" cannot be changed anyway. There is also nothing explicitly adjustable for EA careers. I have only slowed down the advancement progress here.

Edited by The Blob
1 hour ago, The Blob said:

NPCC doesn't have (or I can't find) a special function for EA careers.

It's located just below the settings for using Homeless & Residents.

You can also look in the npcc.cfg file and change it there.

"UseHomelessAndResidentsForNormalCareer": 1,

MCCC also has a mc_settings.cfg file you can edit to make certain changes.

"Career_AdultEmploymentRange": "50,70",
"Career_ChildrenQuitSchool": false,
"Career_Difficulty_Adjustment": 1,
"Career_ElderEmploymentRange": "20,30",
"Career_FillCareerInactiveOnly": false, (Not sure what this means even)
"Career_TeenEmploymentRange": "10,20",
"Career_TeensQuitSchool": false,

The numbers represent Minimum, Maximum in percents.

Not sure if NPCC & MCCC will fight with each other about which one assigns EA Careers tho.

If NPCC isn't doing what you want try using Zero's mod instead.

Read the instructions about how to remove certain NOGEN filters until after the Game assigns them.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/no-random-41053263

Edited by Scorpio
11 minutes ago, Scorpio said:

It's located just below the settings for using Homeless & Residents.

You can also look in the npcc.cfg file and change it there.

"UseHomelessAndResidentsForNormalCareer": 1,

Oh, you mean the setting. Yes, of course I activated it from the beginning. But it seems to be ignored, as I said, because only the known family members end up in my science lab.

11 minutes ago, Scorpio said:

MCCC also has a mc_settings.cfg file you can edit to make certain changes.

"Career_AdultEmploymentRange": "50,70",
"Career_ChildrenQuitSchool": false,
"Career_Difficulty_Adjustment": 1,
"Career_ElderEmploymentRange": "20,30",
"Career_FillCareerInactiveOnly": false,
"Career_TeenEmploymentRange": "10,20",
"Career_TeensQuitSchool": false,

The numbers represent Minimum, Maximum in percents.

Not sure if NPCC & MCCC will fight with each other about which one assigns EA Careers tho.

Oh, you have to enter 2 percentages to change it. Got it. But your numbers are even lower than the standard, so there should be absolutely no problem on my side. MCCC only defines the employment ratio and should therefore not conflict with NPCC.

But look, is this perhaps the setting that should be on true? "Career_FillCareerInactiveOnly: false,

But I think that's the setting I already described above and it didn't change anything.

12 hours ago, The Blob said:

MCCC is responsible for managing EA careers, but where? I only found an option in the career module for it "Jobs only for inactives" and tried it both enabled and disabled (not understanding from the translated description what the option is trying to do anyway) and it changed nothing.

1 minute ago, The Blob said:

Oh, you mean the setting. Yes, of course I activated it from the beginning. But it seems to be ignored, as I said, because only the known family members end up in my science lab.

Sorry I was editing my last post at the same time you posted.

Check out the other alternative to NPCC.

It works mostly the same but it's a bit less strict and has no settings to change.

Thank you for pointing this out. It was a recommended tip and I was also hopeful, however it then makes mistakes where NPCC worked.

NPCC:
- creates a job for EVERY possibility. There is a guitar somewhere? An entertainer is hired. An unlively bar in the park at Oasis Springs? A mixer is standing by there. Basically over-the-top and implausible, but acceptable.
- Bug: Creates for EA careers only workmates from households WITH residency WITHOUT regard to a pre-existing occupation or preferences

NoRandom:
- Does not occupy NPC jobs at all. Not even at festivals
- for EA careers, unlike NPCC, it uses all Sims, but does not fill all jobs. Out of 4-5 possible work colleagues I only got one
- I then removed the two files that are in the FAQ. This leads to NPC jobs being filled again and I get maximum colleagues again, but the game then creates sims for them again
- A look at these game-created sims showed that their characteristics and preferences have nothing to do with science to justify why they become my work colleagues rather than my 250 sims.

I don't get it. I think given the situation, it only makes sense to keep experimenting with NPCC because there are no more settings options with NoRandom.

I guess the only compromise then is to spend a whole week in the house until MCCC occupies all the houses on Friday night and only then take a job and leave the house? Or I turn off the residence and visit as many places as possible until Friday evening, so that NPCC then at least doesn't take the known families, but all my still homeless Sims and then turn the setting back on with the mass moves Friday evening.

46 minutes ago, The Blob said:

I guess the only compromise then is to spend a whole week in the house until MCCC occupies all the houses on Friday night and only then take a job and leave the house? Or I turn off the residence and visit as many places as possible until Friday evening, so that NPCC then at least doesn't take the known families, but all my still homeless Sims and then turn the setting back on with the mass moves Friday evening.

Might be the best option to use when starting a new game with a Master Save.

Disable NPCC Residents and allow only Homeless instead.

And disable NPCC assigning any Regular Careers to let the game and MCCC handle those.

But keep in mind MCCC might import new sims from your Library.

Not sure if NPCC's 'Do Not Generate' will prevent it but it's worth a try. 

• 1 month later...

Hey guys,

after many weeks of unsuccessful searching and testing of various mods, I finally had to come to terms with the fact that MCCC with its tray import function is probably the only solution that could possibly come close to my goal.

Unfortunately, the last trick doesn't work either. I deleted all the single Sims from my save and tagged them all in the gallery with #mccc_include. As soon as I delete NoRandom then, the game starts to create more random sims which are not from my library in the same household around my mccc_include sims, turning them into families. I have set the MCCC function for the tray import to 100. Now you have to imagine: Families should be not tagged so that individual Sims are not torn out of their families. But if you were to do that now, a family father, for example, would be torn out of his family in order to be used for an NPC job and would then get a new wife and child at the same time.

This game is so terribly badly programmed :( 

Now, do any of you have an idea how I can stop this family generation and only individual Sims are imported for NPC jobs?