MC Command Centre Settings

I might have an issue related to this. There is this one specific sim of mine who i don't want working as a bloody paparazzi, but every time i unassign this role and use MCCC to flag to freeze career when the sim has no career and then i reset the traits back to where they where, one of these two mods puts my sim back into that role of paparazzi with the flag career off and will not relent in this behaviour.

Now even if that specific sim is assigned to the role of a massage therapist, if i send one of my famous sims out to somewhere that attracts those paparazzi, that specific sim that was a message therapist turns into a paparazzi. I've reached my end of the matter and want it stopped. This has not happened to any other of few hundred sims, it's just this one specific sim and it's gotten well beyond annoying.

i have set NPCC and MCCC to the way i liked and i never had an issue until this battle began over this one specific sim.

5 hours ago, The Blob said:

Now, do any of you have an idea how I can stop this family generation and only individual Sims are imported for NPC jobs? 

I think the family importing is a game feature you can disable in the settings named 'move ins' or something.

MCCC also has a setting for this under the population menu I think.

When I start a new game I import and place quite a few of my single sims from my tray into game as homeless sims first.

Usually enough for the game to use for important service sim jobs if/when needed.

But the game will continue to generate, or import, more sims into game anyway unless you also use the NPCC mod.

Set the 'Do Not Generate' setting to enabled to prevent the game from adding more sims into game.

(If you travel to vacation worlds they won't have any sims around unless you turn off 'Do Not Generate' before travelling).

(After visiting the Vacation World for awhile and you have enough sims around you can enable the 'Do Not Generate' setting again). 

Set the other NPCC settings to allow the game to use both homeless and residents for NPC service jobs.

(This gives the game plenty of existing sims for service jobs rather that importing new ones every 5 minutes).

(MCCC Careers settings might interfere with competing with NPCC for sims for Careers instead of Service Jobs but IDK).

No way to prevent the game/MCCC from importing single sims from families unless their name is already used in game.

It's supposed to prevent you from having 2 Bella  Goths in game for instance.

This is why I also use NPCC but mostly because the game will continue adding useless sims forever.

But I also play with aging off and the games sims culling disabled in MCCC.

In game reproduction is easy if I want more sims and I can always import more from my Tray as I have like 100+ sims saved.

I prefer to control the games population myself and EA are twits for not having a setting/fix for this.

2 hours ago, Ortikan said:

i have set NPCC and MCCC to the way i liked and i never had an issue until this battle began over this one specific sim.

You might have to use NPCC 'Assign Job' to give that job to another sim first before it will release the other one.

Then use the 'Remove Job' menu to remove the job from the other sim after assigning a new sim.

As I recall there is a setting to limit the number of Paparazzi used in the game inside the NPCC settings so it's also something to consider.

Mods that might also help with Fans and Paparazzi annoyances.

https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post/180477705418/celebs-undercover-get-famous-this-mod-adds-a-lot

https://triplis.github.io/mods/lot-traits.html

3 hours ago, Scorpio said:

I think the family importing is a game feature you can disable in the settings named 'move ins' or something.

MCCC also has a setting for this under the population menu I think.

I deactivated the game's option to occupy empty houses. The families that the game creates with my MCCC tag Sims also do not move into any houses. They are homeless when they are created by the game.

When I start a new game I import and place quite a few of my single sims from my tray into game as homeless sims first.

Usually enough for the game to use for important service sim jobs if/when needed.

If I bring single Sims into the game as homeless people, the game still doesn't take them for NPC jobs. The places remain empty. That's why I wanted to use the tray import function of MCCC and removed all Single Sims again and wrote the hashtag #mccc_include in the description in the gallery. In order not to break up families, I have not hashtagged any families. In addition, MCCC also has the option to rename imported Sims if the name on the score is already taken

But the game will continue to generate, or import, more sims into game anyway unless you also use the NPCC mod.

Set the 'Do Not Generate' setting to enabled to prevent the game from adding more sims into game.

(If you travel to vacation worlds they won't have any sims around unless you turn off 'Do Not Generate' before travelling).

(After visiting the Vacation World for awhile and you have enough sims around you can enable the 'Do Not Generate' setting again). 

Set the other NPCC settings to allow the game to use both homeless and residents for NPC service jobs.

(This gives the game plenty of existing sims for service jobs rather that importing new ones every 5 minutes).

(MCCC Careers settings might interfere with competing with NPCC for sims for Careers instead of Service Jobs but IDK).

We need to move away from NPCC. I don't know how long you haven't played Sims, but this mod is outdated and broken. I found out yesterday that only the Patreon version of the mod is supposed to work, but it's not available to everyone. This is way I used NoRandom to prevent generating useless Sims forever.

Edited by The Blob
1 hour ago, The Blob said:

We need to move away from NPCC. I don't know how long you haven't played Sims, but this mod is outdated and broken. I found out yesterday that only the Patreon version of the mod is supposed to work, but it's not available to everyone. This is way I used NoRandom to prevent generating useless Sims forever.

I'm still using the previous NPCC Patreon Version for game version 1.81 & WW 1.66d.

It was worth it to me to pay the cheap subscription cost for a couple months just to be able to use it.

Got tired of the constant game breakage of my Mods and worthless updates so I stopped updating everything so I also stopped paying for NPCC.

If I bring single Sims into the game as homeless people, the game still doesn't take them for NPC jobs

This is what NPCC is used for mostly as it uses existing Sims in game rather than importing them.

Of course the settings have to be set to use both homeless & residents and I use 'Do Not Generate' to stop the importing of any new Sims.

That's why I wanted to use the tray import function of MCCC and removed all Single Sims again and wrote the hashtag #mccc_include in the description in the gallery. In order not to break up families, I have not hashtagged any families.

MCCC does not control assigning NPC service jobs but only NPC Careers like Doctors, Scientists, etc.

It just imports them when the game calls for one.

The only way I can think of is to flag families as 'hidden' but then IDK if you can even see them in your Tray anymore as I've only used it in game.

If you're using the No Randoms mod instead of NPCC you have to remove a couple of filters and let the game assign certain service jobs first and then after awhile you put the filters back into the game to prevent more sims from being imported.

When I used that mod before I edited one of the filters with S4S and removed the filter item for bartenders since the game loves to generate 50 different bartenders.

The game likes to import bartenders for one-time usage and then they become useless afterwards.

But I think the trick is removing the filters and traveling to every bar in every town and make sure you have a bartender at each one and then put the filters back into the game.

I guess the same trick should be used for any other missing service jobs like vendors, etc.

I had problems before with that mod and ended up with 15 mail carriers but it was most likely from me editing the wrong thing.

Just prefer NPCC as I have more control over service jobs and I can stop the stupid games import fest. 

Edited by Scorpio
5 hours ago, Scorpio said:

You might have to use NPCC 'Assign Job' to give that job to another sim first before it will release the other one.

Then use the 'Remove Job' menu to remove the job from the other sim after assigning a new sim.

As I recall there is a setting to limit the number of Paparazzi used in the game inside the NPCC settings so it's also something to consider.

Mods that might also help with Fans and Paparazzi annoyances.

https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post/180477705418/celebs-undercover-get-famous-this-mod-adds-a-lot

https://triplis.github.io/mods/lot-traits.html

Do you know where in NPCC this paparazzi settings is? i don't have access to anything patreon and the latest is what is on the NPCC site itself. I've looked through NPCC just now and don't see any such setting.

(i wished the creator would release his updated content to the public within a reasonable frame of time instead of keeping it locked away)

The link to LMS is very interesting, i'm often finding fans really annoying when one shows up, it's fine, two it's okay and more than that and every sim and what they are doing is completely disrupted and before you know it, over 2 dozen sims are standing around whispering to each other instead of focusing on why they are supposed to be there. I often wonder who's great idea that was in EA to make fans like that, so that's why i'm looking at the LMS link you provided. What i find a little concerning is how old the mod is though.

The other one i have no interest in.

33 minutes ago, Ortikan said:

Do you know where in NPCC this paparazzi settings is? i don't have access to anything patreon and the latest is what is on the NPCC site itself. I've looked through NPCC just now and don't see any such setting.

Sorry I just quit the game and don't recall where that setting is ATM.

34 minutes ago, Ortikan said:

(i wished the creator would release his updated content to the public within a reasonable frame of time instead of keeping it locked away)

Yes it's quite annoying.

35 minutes ago, Ortikan said:

What i find a little concerning is how old the mod is though.

Mod was made for the Get Famous DLC which is also quite old and EA hasn't messed with that particular coding so it doesn't need any updates yet.

The problem is not that no NPC roles are filled. With the help of the MCCC hashtag and the suspension of NoRandom, I could agree that the game would at least take my Sims for this, even if they lose their own personality and get one from the game.

But what bothers me is that the game creates new families from my single Sims that don't actually belong together and aren't partly even in my gallery, even though I have set MCCC to 100%. I thought MCCC would just create a Sim from my gallery for an NPC job whenever the game calls for it. What can I do about the random family generation with other sims?

4 hours ago, The Blob said:

But what bothers me is that the game creates new families from my single Sims that don't actually belong together and aren't partly even in my gallery, even though I have set MCCC to 100%. I thought MCCC would just create a Sim from my gallery for an NPC job whenever the game calls for it. What can I do about the random family generation with other sims?

I only had the problem with game created families a long time ago before adding Mods, or MCCC I think.

Any Sims added to game now are singles, if I allow any to be imported that is.

You might have missed some settings in MCCC in the Tuner Menu.

I have Auto Marriages, Auto Proposals, Auto Marriages, etc., disabled.

Or maybe it's another setting/s I forgot about.

Look at my mc_settings.cfg to see what is different but beware I do have some other settings rather odd.

Homeless move-ins are also disabled.

All my Sims babies are set to be females only and I have a bunch of traits blacklisted.

Keep in mind the homeless settings must be changed live 'in game' on a computer as just editing the .cfg file won't work.

But your problem might have something to do with Population > Move In Settings so check them in game on a computer. 

mc_settings.cfg

Edited by Scorpio

I also have same kind of problem , but it is not about job , i use NPCC/No Random mod and no new townie , this is good , but when I put MCCC together , it make so many townie , it is not like this before , and I have more than thousand townie in my world but game still make allot of new townie , do you also have this problem ?

20 minutes ago, gygygygygy5566 said:

I also have same kind of problem , but it is not about job , i use NPCC/No Random mod and no new townie , this is good , but when I put MCCC together , it make so many townie , it is not like this before , and I have more than thousand townie in my world but game still make allot of new townie , do you also have this problem ?

You can only use ONE mod of the same type at a time.

Use NPCC only OR No Random Townies but not both together.

When using NPCC only you have to look for the 'Do Not Generate' setting and enable it to stop the game from adding more Sims.

If using just the No Random Townies by the Author Zero you don't need to play with any settings as it's just filters to stop all the useless sims being added.

But this one requires you to also download and install the 'Injection Tools' script in order for it to work.

Edited by Scorpio
34 minutes ago, Scorpio said:

You can only use ONE mod of the same type at a time.

Use NPCC only OR No Random Townies but not both together.

When using NPCC only you have to look for the 'Do Not Generate' setting and enable it to stop the game from adding more Sims.

If using just the No Random Townies by the Author Zero you don't need to play with any settings as it's just filters to stop all the useless sims being added.

But this one requires you to also download and install the 'Injection Tools' script in order for it to work.

Yes , i only use one at the time , I use NPCC before and it work ok with no problem , but now don't work anymore , so i take out NPCC and try no random mod and it is still not work , i take out every mod and put only NPCC or No Random Mod it work in new save , but when I put MCCC in to mod it start making new townie again .

28 minutes ago, gygygygygy5566 said:

but when I put MCCC in to mod it start making new townie again

It sounds like MCCC is trying to override the No Randoms mod for Careers even though it shouldn't.

If you have made any changes to your default MCCC settings you can try removing the mc_settings.cfg file to desktop to reset settings to their defaults.

Unless MCCC is trying to put homeless sims into houses.

Check the MC Settings > Population > Move Ins and the other Population Settings.

I have the Homeless Move Ins setting disabled.

Same settings for 'Move In Sims' are also found in the game settings which should also be disabled.

OR

Look in your MCCC folder and move the mc_career.ts4script to your desktop and test game again without it.

Edited by Scorpio
8 hours ago, Scorpio said:

I only had the problem with game created families a long time ago before adding Mods, or MCCC I think.

Any Sims added to game now are singles, if I allow any to be imported that is.

You might have missed some settings in MCCC in the Tuner Menu.

I have Auto Marriages, Auto Proposals, Auto Marriages, etc., disabled.

Or maybe it's another setting/s I forgot about.

Look at my mc_settings.cfg to see what is different but beware I do have some other settings rather odd.

Homeless move-ins are also disabled.

All my Sims babies are set to be females only and I have a bunch of traits blacklisted.

Keep in mind the homeless settings must be changed live 'in game' on a computer as just editing the .cfg file won't work.

But your problem might have something to do with Population > Move In Settings so check them in game on a computer. 

mc_settings.cfg 21.96 kB · 2 downloads

At first I thought I might have found the right option, but that didn't work either: "Marriage_EnforceFamily": false

The game continues to generate fresh multi-person households with children, although I have set children to 0 everywhere.

At first I thought I might have found the right option, but that didn't work either: "Marriage_EnforceFamily": false

The game continues to generate fresh multi-person households with children, although I have set children to 0 everywhere.

Hard to remember what all the MCCC settings do as there is just so many.

Maybe ask on Deaderpool's MCCC discord channel and someone might be able to help more.

Or you could always just move your mc_settings.cfg file to desktop and try the one I sent for experimentation to see if it works.