Resolved: AAF's HUD doesn't appear during some scenes. Is this even a bug?

Resolved: It wasn't a bug after all. There's an option in AAF Violate to hide the HUD during scenes, and I had it toggled on!

I just finished installing AAF and a bunch of fun-lookin' mods, with the help of this convenient guide. I'm in the process of testing everything to make sure its all working right before I start a new game, and so far almost everything appears to be working. Yay!

I've run into something that might be a bug, though. Since I'm new to this mod, this might just be the mods working as intended... but I figured I should ask, just to be safe. During a couple of scenes, I've noticed that the usual AAF HUD (which you normally toggle by hitting the [Home] key) doesn't show up -- which means that I can't see/change which animation is playing, nor can I prematurely end the animation. So far, this has happened after I'm forced to surrender via the AAF Violate mod, and after manually surrendering via the AAF Sex Em Up mod. So far I haven't seen it happen in situations where my character is the aggressor, so I think it's probably related to scenes where the player-character is the victim.

On subsequent testing, I noticed that's it's not just the AAF HUD that disappears. The vanilla HUD is also disabled during these scenes, and the only button which has any effect is [Esc], which brings up the menu. I tried using the "tm" (toggle menu) console command, but that had no effect other than causing the console to disappear.

So that's as much as I know right now! If anyone has an idea of what's causing this, I could really use the help. :3

Edited by shar181
Edited to fix typos!
12 hours ago, shar181 said:

I just finished installing AAF and a bunch of fun-lookin' mods, with the help of this convenient guide. I'm in the process of testing everything to make sure its all working right before I start a new game, and so far almost everything appears to be working. Yay!

I've run into something that might be a bug, though. Since I'm new to this mod, this might just be the mods working as intended... but I figured I should ask, just to be safe. During a couple of scenes, I've noticed that the usual AAF HUD (which you normally toggle by hitting the [Home] key) doesn't show up -- which means that I can't see/change which animation is playing, nor can I prematurely end the animation. So far, this has happened after I'm forced to surrender via the AAF Violate mod, and after manually surrendering via the AAF Sex Em Up mod. So far I haven't seen it happen in situations where my character is the aggressor, so I think it's probably related to scenes where the player-character is the victim.

On subsequent testing, I noticed that's it's not just the AAF HUD that disappears. The vanilla HUD is also disabled during these scenes, and the only button which has any effect is [Esc], which brings up the menu. I tried using the "tm" (toggle menu) console command, but that had no effect other than causing the console to disappear.

So that's as much as I know right now! If anyone has an idea of what's causing this, I could really use the help. :3

Hud is hided by aaf violate not aaf itself

• shar181 changed the title to Resolved: AAF's HUD doesn't appear during some scenes. Is this even a bug?