Damsels in Distress - SE (0) - Follower Collection

On 9/19/2022 at 11:45 AM, Pyreite said:

What?? (Looks in Extras folder) Those aren't supposed to be higher resolution than... normal? These should be the files spat out by sculpt exportation.

if you set iTintTextureResolution=2048 in your SKSE.ini, the exportation dds will be of higher resolution (and bigger in size as well).

So far, so good. Just installed this week. Rescued most of the girls without any problems. Have yet to take any as companions but I'll let you know if any glitches.

Only thing I noticed (and I would bet it's 99% a problem with my game!) is that the Damsels are not tied up or locked into furniture or restraints. I have SD Cages installed and they all seem to be just standing around inside the cages if there is one in the room. I DO have Zaz 8.0 installed so maybe Cages is overriding Zaz?

In any case, this was a fun addition to my game and I spent two nights running around rescuing the Damsels. Was a lot of fun and a more creative way to get a follower than just "meet, greet and off you go".

1 hour ago, Vancleef said:

So far, so good. Just installed this week. Rescued most of the girls without any problems. Have yet to take any as companions but I'll let you know if any glitches.

Only thing I noticed (and I would bet it's 99% a problem with my game!) is that the Damsels are not tied up or locked into furniture or restraints. I have SD Cages installed and they all seem to be just standing around inside the cages if there is one in the room. I DO have Zaz 8.0 installed so maybe Cages is overriding Zaz?

In any case, this was a fun addition to my game and I spent two nights running around rescuing the Damsels. Was a lot of fun and a more creative way to get a follower than just "meet, greet and off you go".

If you installed the "Masterless" version, like I did by mistake at the last update, you get a version minus all the Zaz-ery. If you didn't, then I have no idea why, myself. Then again, my devil's brew of installed mods is interfering with some functions as well

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/1/2022 at 7:59 AM, Pyreite said:

If he installed the Masterless version then there would be some in cages but I think most just kneeling on the ground.

This sounds like it might be the problem.

If one of you wouldn't mind dumbing it down for me, can you tell me which order to install the files? I see that I have all four files (beta, followers, masterless and add-ons).
Which file(s) do I install?

Turns out I HAD installed the Masterless version. Installed the other version and the extras. Not only are the Damsels in true peril now but they look even better.

Thank you for the advice.

Everything running great. For the record, Veil is my favorite but Nova is a close second.

On 10/10/2022 at 9:15 AM, Vancleef said:

Turns out I HAD installed the Masterless version. Installed the other version and the extras. Not only are the Damsels in true peril now but they look even better.

Thank you for the advice.

Everything running great. For the record, Veil is my favorite but Nova is a close second.

Wait, for the love of god no, you're not supposed to install all of the versions!

Quick question (and apologies if it's already answered here in the thread. I'm honestly too lazy to look...) but what are the red & yellow locations on this map referring to?

Spoiler

172208214_DamselsMaplabelled.png.4809b8f2201587ca0891299d897c89d6.png

The locations for the Damsels, of course, mark them. But who are the Wenches and Captives? Other NPCs to rescue? Or just other locations related to the Damsels?

Edited by Vancleef
12 hours ago, Vancleef said:

Quick question (and apologies if it's already answered here in the thread. I'm honestly too lazy to look...) but what are the red & yellow locations on this map referring to?

Hide contents

172208214_DamselsMaplabelled.png.4809b8f2201587ca0891299d897c89d6.png

The locations for the Damsels, of course, mark them. But who are the Wenches and Captives? Other NPCs to rescue? Or just other locations related to the Damsels?

The captives in the Immersive Wenches and Sexy Bandit Captive mods respectively, would be my guess.

Does seem to be one bug, again most likely due to my Devil's Gumbo of mods.

Ran around with Veil and Siri. Anytime I ordered them to attack an enemy (by using the "I need you to do something" command in the dialogue), they reply, "I can't do that" and just stand there waiting for me to do all the damn work!

Those two should be the most willing to commit heinous murder, or I did something very wrong.

That wins Quote of the Day!
I have several companion mods running so most likely it's a conflict between one of them. While I can sort of navigate Skyrim Edit, I really don't know how to resolve conflicts.
For the moment, let's assume it's my load order and not your awesome mod.

14 hours ago, LusterPurge001 said:

I ran in to a problem with Luna, the game closes when I make my way to Sundered Tower. I did a test by not accepting the quest and fast traveled to  Sundered Tower; this time Skyrim did not closed. I s anyone having this problem?  

I'm guessing you don't have the appropriate version of zaz or something. Have you rescued any other girls of mine?

On 10/24/2022 at 9:37 PM, LusterPurge001 said:

So I found the issues. It was the "Extra damsels".  

Telling me you have an issue does not tell me what the issue is.

16 hours ago, LeFranco said:

Not sure why, this mod crashes the cells in BrokenOarGrotto and the ship in the quest LightsOut! Have all the requirements, tried cleaning, the cells would always crash so I couldn't get past even LightsOut! once I started the quest line for the Damsels.

Have you tried rescuing any other girls?

11 hours ago, Pyreite said:

Telling me you have an issue does not tell me what the issue is.

Have you tried rescuing any other girls?

Not yet, I was able to see and interact with Frost just fine. Then went on to start with the Lights Out! quest.
I'll try with the other girls and let you know, failing anything else. Was I supposed to start elsewhere before attempting anything related to "Lights Out!"?
I tried the option to skip to the combat, but that didn't work either.

Ran into an issue with the final(ish) part of the quest.

Rescued them the first 9, and then chose the option with Frost to skip first half of 'Lights out'. Killed Deeja an rescued Navi. I now have to go back to Frost to collect reward, but shes no longer in Dragonsreach.

In order to find out where she might have got to, I did player.placeatme and then after waiting a few hours, player.moveto'd to the cloned actor. For some reason she went to Blackreach, but the real Frost was nowhere to be seen. Am I supposed to finish the lights out quest first? In my playthrough Farengar is dead (I did Mephala's whispering door quest), but I doubt thats the cause of Frost's disappearance as she was there for a while after Farengar died.