Damsels in Distress - SE (0) - Follower Collection

I've converted the mod's meshes to LE with nifoptimizer and can confirm it works fine. The only variable is how each damsels are bound with the Zaz assets. Most of them worked just fine, two of them didn't (Eren was standing up, and Veil was outside her cage). For a flawless conversion, best go with the masterless version.

Another thing to take note of is if you have AFT, in order to get Nova to work as a follower, the correct plugin load order is:

damsels in distress.esp

amazingfollowertweaks.esp

rdo - aft v1.66 patch.esp

On a side note, is there any chance we can have a patch to remove the war paint? Some of the girls (especially Frost) are very attractive, but the war paint kind of cover their faces up. Just a suggestion, no hard feelings at all if you don't feel like doing it.

Thanks for the phenomenal mod. If you have a patreon, please let us know so we can help contribute to your great work.

13 hours ago, SomeDragonbornGuy said:

Flower Girl Patch would be nice.

Dont use SL anymore

I don't use flowergirls, I can't make a patch for it. Stop asking.

23 hours ago, hoangkhue98 said:

I've converted the mod's meshes to LE with nifoptimizer and can confirm it works fine. The only variable is how each damsels are bound with the Zaz assets. Most of them worked just fine, two of them didn't (Eren was standing up, and Veil was outside her cage). For a flawless conversion, best go with the masterless version.

Another thing to take note of is if you have AFT, in order to get Nova to work as a follower, the correct plugin load order is:

damsels in distress.esp

amazingfollowertweaks.esp

rdo - aft v1.66 patch.esp

On a side note, is there any chance we can have a patch to remove the war paint? Some of the girls (especially Frost) are very attractive, but the war paint kind of cover their faces up. Just a suggestion, no hard feelings at all if you don't feel like doing it.

Thanks for the phenomenal mod. If you have a patreon, please let us know so we can help contribute to your great work.

Eren and Veil are expected to be like that, Eren intentionally, Veil unintentionally. Eren doesn't have furniture, she is cuffed standing while the gibbet that Veil attempts to use has a bad mounting point so she has a very hard time getting inside of it. Supposedly she eventually gets in if you give her a minute.

13 hours ago, SomeDragonbornGuy said:

That's rude.

I was stating that for someone else to make one since this is the mods discussion page.

You are being incredibly F*$king rude. Two weeks ago, Pyrite told you that they do not use FG, and can't make a conversion. That is why you got a 'Stop asking' tacked on to the response. At no point did you indicate that this was directed at other people, or, indeed anything but a demand that they accede to your desires.

23 hours ago, bwaomega said:

You are being incredibly F*$king rude. Two weeks ago, Pyrite told you that they do not use FG, and can't make a conversion. That is why you got a 'Stop asking' tacked on to the response. At no point did you indicate that this was directed at other people, or, indeed anything but a demand that they accede to your desires.

At no point did I direct my comment to Pyrite. There are other people that edit scripts in the skyrim community for mod conversions.

But it's always nice to see fanboys come out of the woodworks.

At no point did you indicate that your demand, posted in Pyrite's thread, was not directed t them. THAT was what you needed to do after having already been told that they were not going to be able/willing to do what you wanted. NOR was it expressed as a request.

Edited by bwaomega

Hi and thanks for this intriguing mod, Damsels in Distress - SE - Follower Collection! I have a couple of questions:

1) Can anyone tell me what body the NPCs from this mod use? Is it the default body?

2) Also, what does the extra file, Damsels in Distress - SE (0) - Extras.7z, do? It looks like it will change the NPC's appearance, but does it improve them?

Thanks!

9 hours ago, trgdolors said:

Hi and thanks for this intriguing mod, Damsels in Distress - SE - Follower Collection! I have a couple of questions:

1) Can anyone tell me what body the NPCs from this mod use? Is it the default body?

2) Also, what does the extra file, Damsels in Distress - SE (0) - Extras.7z, do? It looks like it will change the NPC's appearance, but does it improve them?

Thanks!

They use whatever body you have installed.

bodyslide files for something or other if memory serves.

On 8/26/2022 at 8:02 PM, hoangkhue98 said:

Ditto on this.

Ran the mod straight out of the box in my LE game and Frost was bald with greyface.  Ran all the facegen and hair through Nif Optimizer and reloaded my game and Frost looked as she should as did all the others.  Things went fine until I got to the end and had to go rescue Frost... you know where... (avoiding spoilers).  When I got there saw some weirdness with some outfits, I had not run the skirt through NO, so I did that and reloaded.  Looked better but the female version had body issues and checking it in Nifskope I noted it has a 3BBB body built in and I use UNP so people will have to do some outfit work in Bodyslide Outfit to replace the 3BBB body with whatever they use.  Apparently that's all that needs to be done to backport it to LE.

Other than that the mod ran fine, no other issues.  Enjoyed the dialog and sense of humor in some of the stories and comments.  Nicely done.

On 9/5/2022 at 1:04 PM, trgdolors said:

OK, thanks! The NPCs will use my default body. That is what I thought.

Now I am wondering what the Damsels in Distress - SE (0) - Extras.7z .nif and .dds files specifically do? Are they just presets for making my own PC? Or do they modify the NPCs?

Extras should be the bodyslide files and racemenu presets so you can play as them should you choose and such.

On 8/23/2022 at 10:28 AM, Gudulba said:

I wrote this down from the on-screen messages (one or two damsels are missing):

Luna (Sundered Tower)
-> Leaving for Silverblood Inn

Amber (Nchuand-zel)
-> Leaving for Understone Keep

Nova (Swindler's Den)
-> Leaving for Bannered Mare

Siri and Opal (Faldars Tooth) (Broken Oar Grotto)
Leaving for Ragged Flagon

Kepa (Mistwatch)
-> Leaving for Kynesgrove

Navi (Icerunner)
-> Leaving for Winking Skeever

Anka (Trevas Watch)
-> Leaving for Stalleo's camp

Veil (Fellglow Keep)
-> Leaving for Shrine of Talos

Malo

-> Stonehills

Frost:

-> Dragons Reach

Opal was refusing to leave Broken Oar Grotto while just following after rescue and being very sarcastic about getting dressed. Had to tell her she was safe, then enlist her as follower to shift her outside. Probably something with my loadout rather than the mod, since no one else seems to have mentioned it.

On 8/27/2022 at 7:39 AM, SomeDragonbornGuy said:

Flower Girl Patch would be nice.

Dont use SL anymore

Technically you don't need a patch for Flower Girls, unless the girls can be taken as sex slaves. If it's just setting them free, and later recruiting them as followers, all that is needed is the Damsels mod raise their disposition towards you for saving them, and you can proceed to seduce them the same as any other eligible npc. If you want to go straight to fuck buddies, disable seduction on Flower Girls MCM.

While i'm here.

For those who wish higher resolution facetints makup, you can do it with the Damsels in Distress - SE (0) - Extras provided by the author.

Spoiler

Use the console and go to QASMOKE cell, then open racemenu, select the appropriate race and gender, and load the npc preset you wish the makeup for. Exporting the head will give you a 2k resolution facetint file (16 Megabytes size).
You need to rename the file to the BaseID of that npc, and then replace the original facetint file at Textures\Actors\Character\FaceGenData\FaceTint\Damsels in Distress.esp\

This need to be done with each of the girls.

Using racemenu, 7zip and windows explorer is not hard, there are tutorials available, don't be afraid to try. Always backup your mods, before changing them.

On 9/8/2022 at 5:54 PM, Pyreite said:

Everybody casually ignoring the fact Frost has a post quest feature where she gives you markers on all damsel current locations.

Not seeing that feature available, but I'm using the "Live Here" mod to park her at one of my houses. Might only work if you don't mess with her scripting and let her go back to Dragons Reach

Would be nice to have that available. Most of the girls went walkabout for some reason, and I don't remember where Eren returns to. Possibly Blue Palace ? Thankfully were nice enough to put in a mostly complete list.

Said it before, and will say it again - this is great work, and a really enjoyable mod

On 9/17/2022 at 9:32 AM, Namtar55 said:

For those who wish higher resolution facetints makup, you can do it with the Damsels in Distress - SE (0) - Extras provided by the author.

What?? (Looks in Extras folder) Those aren't supposed to be higher resolution than... normal? These should be the files spat out by sculpt exportation.

On 9/17/2022 at 8:21 PM, darksong said:

Not seeing that feature available, but I'm using the "Live Here" mod to park her at one of my houses. Might only work if you don't mess with her scripting and let her go back to Dragons Reach

It's supposed to be available after you complete the quest. Saying this stuff just concerns me.

4 hours ago, Pyreite said:

It's supposed to be available after you complete the quest. Saying this stuff just concerns me.

I really think if it's supposed to be there, it's a matter of some other mod I have installed interfering. I'm running Andragon's Underground Bathouse - which is known to do wonky things to followers based on it's ability to ask one if they want to come live there, which is completely broken in SE. I also made Frost live at Shade Hall after I rescued her and Malo, so she never went back to Dragonsreach. I also use NFF for a follower manager, so that's just another factor in there as well.   I'll do another playthru with a new save and let Frost go back, and see if that feature is available

yeah, is has to be one of my loaded mods interfering with Frost's post-quest stuff. She's acting like I used "Live Here" to park her at whatever location I brought her and Malo and told them they would be safe. Malo went on her merry way, Frost stayed put and had dialog options of a companion available to recruit, plus the Underground Bathhouse options.

Unless someone else reports her damsel marker feature not working, I'd just say my devil's brew of mods I have loaded (535+) is interfering with it.

This is always going to be in my Skyrim load order, no matter how many more times Todd releases the game. :D