Barotrauma Adult Mods?

18 hours ago, Matias Torres said:

I think I'm around 70% done with reworking all the afflictions. I still need to add creature pregs and rework the horny affliction.

Not sure what to do with the assets for the seedbed, nano, and fertilized afflictions since they are all going to be removed. If anyone has any ideas I'll try to add them in.

There's also a "Fertile" affliction that currently does nothing. Maybe for now I could copy it over as-is and in the future make pregs from humans and creatures more likely while it is active. 

In the process of creating the creature pregs, I'm likely going to use the assets for the genetic material pregs and will probably remove them. If anyone thinks that it is important they stay in, LMK.

Items are likely going to be jank when I post a build. I've patched over the issues as best I can, but some afflictions follow a fundamentally different model now that the original items cannot understand without me reworking them. The original items were also buggy as hell. I'll fix them all in a later item rework, but they should all be roughly functional.

I also still need to balance everything, the growth speeds and buff/debuff strengths. I've done a rough job on it for testing, but I kinda just want to post its current unbalanced version here in the future for advice since I honestly think I suck at this.

I have a README at https://gitgud.io/matiastorres/strange-europa-patched that should document the approximate path I want to take for development under the roadmap section, feel free to suggest more. If someone wants to write a rough guide when I finally finish this rework, that would also be much appreciated.

I think I understand now. I've fixed overflow applying without a penis. Horniness however seems to not be related to fucking, it just decays very slowly over time. I'll try to rework it best I can for now, but I don't want to mess with the character files too much right now since I have a lot to work on as is. In the future, I think making horny transfer to the target by fucking or something might be a good idea though, I've added it to the roadmap. 

Bro, thank you very much for your efforts. But as a computer noob, I don't know how to use this file. If you could teach me something, then thank you very much

4 hours ago, maple_wei said:

Bro, thank you very much for your efforts. But as a computer noob, I don't know how to use this file. If you could teach me something, then thank you very much

You want to start by downloading and unzipping one of the mods from this thread. After, copy the folder to your LocalMods folder in your games files. See here for a quick way to get there. Make sure the folder you copy has the filelist.xml file directly inside it. Then, load the game, go to the mods section, and move the mod over to the load list and hit apply. If it works, the interface should flash and the mod should stay in the loaded section. If there is a critical issue, it will unload. Hit F3 to see the debug console in this case, it will contain all generated warnings and errors.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/12/2023 at 2:19 AM, wdbhwasd said:

Why can't I give someone else an injectionBesides, what happens after I inject my tentacles

I think that was a bug that was fixed in one of the versions here. I don't understand the rest of what you mean, can you phrase it differently?

On 6/13/2023 at 3:13 AM, wdbhwasd said:

Can you provide an explanation of his content and gameplay? I think I really need this. Thank you

I went over most of it here. I haven't written an actual guide yet, but I can answer specific questions.

On 6/24/2023 at 1:01 PM, larryyan said:

Hello, kinda new about barotrauma.

Is it normal for the characters not having nipples?

Still trying out the mod of strange europa

I think that's only at lower sizes. The mod used to have clothes that were removed at larger sizes, so small sized character art is likely lackluster since I don't think they finished.

On 6/25/2023 at 4:35 PM, rtwwre said:

I have gotten an error while trying to load the mod, the error is highlighted in red.

Error in item config "(identifier: Wf_Blame_Harpoongun)" -Deconstruction output contains an item with no identifier 

I've been attempting to develop a patched version of that mod to fix those issues. You can find some of the builds earlier in the thread.

On 6/25/2023 at 11:17 PM, wdbhwasd said:

我只找到了本地版本,我不能在这里注入其他人。此外,模块中的所有内容都正常工作

I don't speak Chinese, apologies if I misunderstand something. Can you send a link to the build you have with the medication issue? I am fairly certain I fixed that, but maybe I missed something. Since I don't speak Chinese, I've only been targeting English. However, alternate language support seems easy enough, but I would need a translator and someone to test the builds.

I haven't worked on the mod at all since my last post, but I plan to pick it up again soon.

7 hours ago, Matias Torres said:

I think that was a bug that was fixed in one of the versions here. I don't understand the rest of what you mean, can you phrase it differently?

I went over most of it here. I haven't written an actual guide yet, but I can answer specific questions.

I think that's only at lower sizes. The mod used to have clothes that were removed at larger sizes, so small sized character art is likely lackluster since I don't think they finished.

I've been attempting to develop a patched version of that mod to fix those issues. You can find some of the builds earlier in the thread.

I don't speak Chinese, apologies if I misunderstand something. Can you send a link to the build you have with the medication issue? I am fairly certain I fixed that, but maybe I missed something. Since I don't speak Chinese, I've only been targeting English. However, alternate language support seems easy enough, but I would need a translator and someone to test the builds.

I haven't worked on the mod at all since my last post, but I plan to pick it up again soon.

On 6/7/2023 at 7:30 PM, Matias Torres said:

I think I'm around 70% done with reworking all the afflictions. I still need to add creature pregs and rework the horny affliction.

Not sure what to do with the assets for the seedbed, nano, and fertilized afflictions since they are all going to be removed. If anyone has any ideas I'll try to add them in.

There's also a "Fertile" affliction that currently does nothing. Maybe for now I could copy it over as-is and in the future make pregs from humans and creatures more likely while it is active. 

In the process of creating the creature pregs, I'm likely going to use the assets for the genetic material pregs and will probably remove them. If anyone thinks that it is important they stay in, LMK.

Items are likely going to be jank when I post a build. I've patched over the issues as best I can, but some afflictions follow a fundamentally different model now that the original items cannot understand without me reworking them. The original items were also buggy as hell. I'll fix them all in a later item rework, but they should all be roughly functional.

I also still need to balance everything, the growth speeds and buff/debuff strengths. I've done a rough job on it for testing, but I kinda just want to post its current unbalanced version here in the future for advice since I honestly think I suck at this.

I have a README at https://gitgud.io/matiastorres/strange-europa-patched that should document the approximate path I want to take for development under the roadmap section, feel free to suggest more. If someone wants to write a rough guide when I finally finish this rework, that would also be much appreciated.

I think I understand now. I've fixed overflow applying without a penis. Horniness however seems to not be related to fucking, it just decays very slowly over time. I'll try to rework it best I can for now, but I don't want to mess with the character files too much right now since I have a lot to work on as is. In the future, I think making horny transfer to the target by fucking or something might be a good idea though, I've added it to the roadmap. 

Can anyone help me install this mod I have tried multiple times, but nothing is working with the patched version.

Do, by any chance, anyone have any interest in something like Skyrim's Devious Devices but for Barotrauma?

I'm kinda sick of mods which alter the gameplay too much in addition to eye candy. So I'm considering starting making something that is both visually appealing and generally useful for gameplay.

(and the game have a quite robust handcuffing framework to start with)

12 hours ago, Brianna Ghostie said:

Can anyone help me install this mod I have tried multiple times, but nothing is working with the patched version.

Can you tell me where you got the build and how you installed it? I haven't gotten around to versioning these builds and I probably should.

1 hour ago, Brianna Ghostie said:

Oh my bad, I should have made that more clear. That repository is for the scripts needed to build the mod; its not the actual mod itself and can't just be dropped into the LocalMods folder. I've updated the README to hopefully be more clear.

There are a few builds that I've uploaded earlier in this thread that you can use. I've been working on the master branch on git to rework all the afflictions, so I'm not sure how well the mod build on git works right now. If you want to try, I'll attach a build. I haven't finished yet so IDK how well it will work. It's also kinda incompatible with prior versions (I say kinda, but what will happen is when you load with this new mod, a bunch of errors will be thrown that you can click through and all afflictions will be reset, but it will work normally after). LMK how it goes if you attempt this test build.

[EA-HI] Strange Europa Patched.zip

8 hours ago, thiccusboius said:

anyone know how to use this mod if you got the game from on steam unlocked?

I'll try to keep an install guide here. Let me know if anything isn't clear.

This mod isn't installed through Steam Workshop, so it doesn't matter where you got the game from. Barotrauma supports a way to load "local" mods, or mods that are not installed through Steam Workshop. I've detailed the method to install it in the link above.

Edited by Matias Torres
More info
  • 2 weeks later...

I haven't really been working on this, so I think I'll just drop whatever I do whenever I do it instead of trying to complete the reworks first. This means everything I post will probably be buggier, so heads up. I'll start versioning when I finish the affliction rework, so it will be more clear what I have actually tested.

I didn't write a changelog for last build, so here they are for the last build and the current build. I pulled most of this from the commit logs, so I might have missed a few things.

Last Build

• Remove Breast/Belly/Testicle Preg affliction
  • Add size afflictions for Breast/Belly/Testicle
    • Replaces the preg afflictions for these body parts
    • Uses icons from original afflictions
    • Shrinks naturally over time
    • Generally, based on the number of current pregs
    • Apply speed debuff
  • Apply burst damage for tier 3 body part size
    • Reduce volume
  • Rework Lactation affliction
  • Rework Testicle Overflow affliction
  • Rework Nanowomb afflictions
    • No longer need nanofab affliction
    • They are now all temporary
  • Rework Uterophyte afflictions
    • No longer need nanofab affliction
    • They are now all temporary
  • Add Banana and Pomegrenade Uterophytes
    • Currently inaccessible, will add item for them during item rework.
  • Rework Symbiotic Husk Afflictions
    • Add husk-like buffs
    • Add  blue icon color
  • Add birth effect, common across all reworked pregs
  • Add ability to turn off burst noises at build time, ask me if you want a build
  • Fixed various bugs
    • Sizes apply correctly in more cases (bug in original mod)
    • Many body part sizes are now zeroed correctly (copy+paste errors in original mod)
    • Many bad icon texture coords, across many afflictions, are fixed (bug in original mod)
    • Zero penis afflictions when penis is removed (bug in original mod)
    • Prevent afflictions from being cured in the clinic
      • Due to they way many afflictions are implemented (due to engine limitations), many afflictions cannot actually be cured without casuing bugs.
      • In the future, some afflictions can have clinic support added.
    • Fix many wrong afflictions from being applied (copy+paste errors in original mod)

Note: Most afflictions have been renamed. This will cause errors if used with old saves, but they can be clicked through with no consequence; old saves can be upgraded by ignoring the errors.

Current Build

• Add creature pregs afflictions for crawler eggs, crawler hatchlings, mudraptor eggs, mudraptor hatchings, and petraptors
    • Added only for belly, currently considering adding for other body parts.
  • Creatures have a constant chance to apply pregs of the appropriate type, even when not horny
  • Creatures will no longer apply Fertilized affliction when horny, but instead the creature pregs of the appropriate type
  • Husked Crawlers have a low chance to inflict a symbiotic husk infection
    • Have NOT propagated to human husks yet, need to pick apart original mod more
  • Fixed bugs
    • Fixed patched creatures to apply attack to target limb instead of all limbs, making them absolute monsters (sorry!)
    • Add burn reduction to humans (this was added to humans base-game after the original mod was created, I added it back to be more in-line with normal humans)

Note: Bursting has NOT been fixed yet to use the new creature pregs.

Note: I don't believe that I have tested all of this, LMK if there are any issues.

Note: This should be 100% compatible with the last build; this shouldn't cause any errors/issues.

[EA-HI] Strange Europa Patched.zip

[EA-HI] Strange Europa Patched (with clothes).zip

Edited by Matias Torres
Add clothed build
18 hours ago, Tystdroem said:

Hello, I have these errors when loading this mod, how can I solve it? thank you

5CY{1T$@P5JZ[)CMPFUKA_1.png

What other mods are you loading? 

I don't really mind helping out with mod issues, but please include the list of loaded mods. Also, keep in mind that Barotrauma doesn't really offer a way for multiple mods to play nice so there is no guarantee using multiple mods will work at all.

Edited by Matias Torres
On 7/17/2023 at 11:06 PM, Matias Torres said:

I haven't really been working on this, so I think I'll just drop whatever I do whenever I do it instead of trying to complete the reworks first. This means everything I post will probably be buggier, so heads up. I'll start versioning when I finish the affliction rework, so it will be more clear what I have actually tested.

Hey so are we able to have human babies with this mod? I've seen fertilized eggs but all I can do with them is put them into a human to make them pregnant again right?

14 hours ago, Drakeen said:

Hey so are we able to have human babies with this mod? I've seen fertilized eggs but all I can do with them is put them into a human to make them pregnant again right?

I haven't reworked the fertilized affliction yet, currently I think its lethal but maybe that has changed when I reworked some of the other afflictions. I'm considering just removing it. I haven't added human pregs yet, mainly because I'm not sure how that would work functionally. I assume you would want it to be inflicted by fertilized eggs or fucking, but what would it produce? An NPC? A new crewmate? A baby? It feels weird to make an adult, yet if I want to add something else, I'd have to add new art. I haven't touched the spritesheets yet and I want to avoid doing so until at least after I rework/fix items.

TLDR: Not yet, but maybe in the future. Fertilized Eggs are probably broken, you shouldn't use them.

On 7/23/2023 at 3:43 AM, Matias Torres said:

I haven't reworked the fertilized affliction yet, currently I think its lethal but maybe that has changed when I reworked some of the other afflictions. I'm considering just removing it. I haven't added human pregs yet, mainly because I'm not sure how that would work functionally. I assume you would want it to be inflicted by fertilized eggs or fucking, but what would it produce? An NPC? A new crewmate? A baby? It feels weird to make an adult, yet if I want to add something else, I'd have to add new art. I haven't touched the spritesheets yet and I want to avoid doing so until at least after I rework/fix items.

TLDR: Not yet, but maybe in the future. Fertilized Eggs are probably broken, you shouldn't use them.

As a solution to the issue of childbirth, I can suggest the following option: the child is born in the form of an item with sprite of the infant in a small life support capsule. This capsule can be delivered to a station in exchange for a reward(money). This way, it does not affect the size of the crew or the actual gameplay and becomes an additional resource for trading

On 7/25/2023 at 3:20 PM, Mortmenir said:

As a solution to the issue of childbirth, I can suggest the following option: the child is born in the form of an item with sprite of the infant in a small life support capsule. This capsule can be delivered to a station in exchange for a reward(money). This way, it does not affect the size of the crew or the actual gameplay and becomes an additional resource for trading

bro wants to make a profit afterall

In the conditions of a post-apocalyptic world, where human resources are quite limited, it seems logical to me that station managers would be willing to pay for the future generations. Of course, the reward amount should be kinda low, as the main budget is allocated to maintaining settlements, equipment and other things for survival. Maybe even add some bonus to reputation with the faction to which the player delivered the infant. However, I am not really sure, cuz the game has a finely tuned reputation system, and providing another opportunity to gain reputation without an explicit and equivalent counterbalance might disrupt created balance.

6 hours ago, Mortmenir said:

In the conditions of a post-apocalyptic world, where human resources are quite limited, it seems logical to me that station managers would be willing to pay for the future generations. Of course, the reward amount should be kinda low, as the main budget is allocated to maintaining settlements, equipment and other things for survival. Maybe even add some bonus to reputation with the faction to which the player delivered the infant. However, I am not really sure, cuz the game has a finely tuned reputation system, and providing another opportunity to gain reputation without an explicit and equivalent counterbalance might disrupt created balance.

it could be nice to get them as a free crew later on in game tho when they grow or somethin