Barotrauma Adult Mods?

11 hours ago, Matias Torres said:

Not sure if you saw my spiel earlier, but this engine is pretty limited. You can only override entire characters, both male and female. That means you can only choose one human type from either that mod or this one, based on load order. Same thing with patching other characters. As an example, in order to disable a mudraptor's attack when they are horny, I need to completely overwrite the mudraptor character, I can't just patch in the conditional attack based on horny, which is the only thing I actually change. That means that you can either have horny mudraptors or a mudraptor from another mod, which don't get horny. You can't even do a simple texture replace without completely overwriting the entire character data/ragdoll.

Going back to the original idea though, I can't make this work with Europa Waifus++ for the same reason. Both want to override the human character, so you can choose only one. I can't just patch in the dick/belly/breasts without overwriting everything. Afflictions and items are pretty insulated from this though, since most of the ones in this pack are custom and don't override core afflictions/items. As a result, you can probably use items and get the status effects like normal. However, you won't have visuals on your character. 

Mods don't seem to have the ability to play nicely with each other.

Oh ok, thx for the answer.

10 hours ago, SaintHusky said:

I'd imagine all the material / husk growing was more useful before all the prices were changed to 1.

Oops, forgot I did that. I did that for testing purposes before I discovered the debug console.

Fertilized is indeed there only to be a death sentence. Dunno why. Could be fun to make it something else.

I plan on replacing it with specific preg types for each species.

I could totally see husks with the horny debuff causing the husk eggs preg instead of normal husk parasites.

Yeah I was thinking about it, but IDK. The only reason that item exists is to get more of it, but I didn't even consider the farming aspect. You think just leaving it in for farming is fine?

All fun ideas. All probably very time consuming. Good luck~!

Thanks

On 5/16/2023 at 1:03 AM, Matias Torres said:

Yeah I was thinking about it, but IDK. The only reason that item exists is to get more of it, but I didn't even consider the farming aspect. You think just leaving it in for farming is fine?

If it wasn't infinite like it currently is? Yeah. I suppose a lil' bit of farming doesn't hurt.

On 5/15/2023 at 6:38 AM, Matias Torres said:

Next, I think I want to rework the preg system. Currently, there are the following pregs:

• Fertilized: A death sentence, grow until burst.
  • Symbiotic Husk: Get symbiotic husk eggs now and again. Not sure if they have any use.
  • Plant preg: Grow one of 3 different kind of plants.
  • Material Preg: Grow one of 3 type of material preg.
  • Preg: Grow genetic material.

Plant and material require the use of a medication to be applied. Size increases as long as a preg is in effect, I believe. When size 3 reaches 81%, damage starts being applied constantly. A lot of these pregs apply themselves again after birth, or do not wear out. So here's my idea for a rework:

• All pregs are temporary.
    • After birth, the effect is removed
      • Other preg effects should continue uninterrupted
  • Size should mostly be dependent on the number of active pregs in that body part
    • This will be hard to accomplish, but possible
    • Size should grow as the corresponding pregs grow.
    • What # of pregs in the part correspond to which size?
  • Remove fertilized
    • Seems fairly useless, only there to kill
    • Replace with a creature preg where used, reuse asset for creature preg.
  • Add pregs for mudraptors and crawlers, yields baby versions of these creatures when complete.
    • Idea: On their own, they should not be lethal?
      • Is it possible to stack afflictions?
    • Idea: Maybe add a low-chance spawn for a pet?
  • Consider simplifying item and plant generation
    • Why is there a need to apply preg items in order to get these? Balance? Seems confusing.
    • Either remove the precursor medication, or the item to cause the preg of the given type.
      • Idea: If removing the preg item of the given type, maybe this could be generalized. Maybe after applying a really expensive medication, you can grow nearly any item in the game, or at least a set of very valuable items like the ones provided currently.
        • Grow items by dragging onto person, applying like medical item
          • Make it a net positive, multiple items per birth
          • May be too invasive, prevents other mods from patching anything patched here?
  • Consider removing symbiotic husk eggs
    • Not sure if they have a use
    • Maybe change to just husk eggs, and make them cause bursting
      • Afflict randomly when facing a husk, like infection (seems redundant?).
    • Not sure how to rework this one tbh. 
  • Consider removing genetic material preg
    • Only really useful for getting material, but that may be fine by itself. Doesn't integrate well with the rest of the mod though.
  • Add a better kind of "birth"
    • I think this is from the plant/material pregs, but applying a large stun followed by spawning an item/character is how "births" are currently emulated.
      • Extend this to all pregs
  • Make all creature attacks (at least mudraptors and cralwers) possibly inflict a preg, even when not horny
    • Make gameplay less centered on the vending machine and an actual unique challenge
    • Make body strengthener be a band-aid to survive
  • Apply larger speed debuff at larger sizes
    • Speed debuff is currently only 0.9, I think it should be more punishing.
      • 0.7? 0.5? Lower?

Implementing this system will allow for the removal of the pseudo-random burst spawn death, instead just executing spawns for the appropriate preg types. I think this system is also cleaner, less confusing, and potentially integrates better with gameplay since its not completely centered on the vending machine. Tuning this new system with the punishments inflicted by making enemies horny (should creature pregs cause burst by default? Stack? Chance to spawn hatchling, chance to spawn adult?) may be a challenge. Thoughts?

how can i remove the irritating grunts and screams

also a permanent version of the body strengthen thing could be nice?

I'm curious is it okay to use waifu of the deep along with this? I notice that both have the same human model. But the some of the outfits are different and the human nude model. I'm just curious since I encountered the WotD mod yesterday and saw it had most of the same models as strange europa.

4 hours ago, VideNoir said:

how can i remove the irritating grunts and screams

Lol, I'll add an option to the build to disable. You want to prevent the use of the new grunts and screams, or just to prevent them in the burst state?

4 hours ago, VideNoir said:

also a permanent version of the body strengthen thing could be nice?

Yeah, I was thinking about that. Some people don't want to interact with bursting so it could serve as a way to soft-disable it. Or maybe it would be better to just add a build option to disable body strengthen decay entirely, since it seems useless to have both a permanent and temporary one?

2 hours ago, Deviljho-san said:

I'm curious is it okay to use waifu of the deep along with this? I notice that both have the same human model. But the some of the outfits are different and the human nude model. I'm just curious since I encountered the WotD mod yesterday and saw it had most of the same models as strange europa.

Probably not, this mod adds belly/dick/breasts in the character file, which gets overridden by that other mod. You could probably mess with the load order, and have this mod loaded second, which would be the closest I think to having it work. This would have this mod's clothes take precedence over the other where they both try to override the same piece of clothing. Also, did you try the clothed version of this mod earlier in this thread? Are clothes in the clothed version of this mod and WotD different?

53 minutes ago, Matias Torres said:

Probably not, this mod adds belly/dick/breasts in the character file, which gets overridden by that other mod. You could probably mess with the load order, and have this mod loaded second, which would be the closest I think to having it work. This would have this mod's clothes take precedence over the other where they both try to override the same piece of clothing. Also, did you try the clothed version of this mod earlier in this thread? Are clothes in the clothed version of this mod and WotD different?

Heres some examples I had seen in the outfits. So I had got the first download of SE on the first page to get the clothes. Since the patches had removed the clothes But I wanted to keep them so every update I would get everything instead of the jobgear folder.

Spoiler

image.png.03d9273493c8a8fc798181049447bbd5.pngThis is Assistance in WotD

image.png.c7b02655abeef5788626e381b4013f64.pngThis is Assistance in SEimage.png.5ebadcf41f14e23c14f641437943462a.pngClown_Rare in WotD

image.png.7c6bc18df55184c26afbdfb61cb1e10c.pngClown_ Rare in SEimage.png.96c1808f16cfe565882bff8dac39d6e9.pngCaptain_2 in WotD

image.png.d138ac02566e0700c651299fd4b0cfaa.pngCaptain_2 in SE

On 5/15/2023 at 5:38 AM, Matias Torres said:

"Consider removing symbiotic husk egg"

Not sure if this is vanilla, as part of the Husk Quest in the campaign is where...

"Spoiler Warning"

Spoiler

... you have Husk in one of your characters and gain special powers while at the same time Husks won't attack you and you won't get any of the negative effects.

4 hours ago, Matias Torres said:

Lol, I'll add an option to the build to disable. You want to prevent the use of the new grunts and screams, or just to prevent them in the burst state?

Yeah, I was thinking about that. Some people don't want to interact with bursting so it could serve as a way to soft-disable it. Or maybe it would be better to just add a build option to disable body strengthen decay entirely, since it seems useless to have both a permanent and temporary one?

its extremely irritating to hear the constant screams and stuff when they are bursting or near bursting (for me atleast) and i cant exactly volume the voices down without voluming everything down too and i guess another build could work too but i imagine it'd add to the work of updating stuff so why not just make it an option in the vendors

On 5/19/2023 at 10:27 PM, Deviljho-san said:

Heres some examples I had seen in the outfits. So I had got the first download of SE on the first page to get the clothes. Since the patches had removed the clothes But I wanted to keep them so every update I would get everything instead of the jobgear folder.

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.03d9273493c8a8fc798181049447bbd5.pngThis is Assistance in WotD

image.png.c7b02655abeef5788626e381b4013f64.pngThis is Assistance in SEimage.png.5ebadcf41f14e23c14f641437943462a.pngClown_Rare in WotD

image.png.7c6bc18df55184c26afbdfb61cb1e10c.pngClown_ Rare in SEimage.png.96c1808f16cfe565882bff8dac39d6e9.pngCaptain_2 in WotD

image.png.d138ac02566e0700c651299fd4b0cfaa.pngCaptain_2 in SE

Oh, I see. I would suggest to keep doing what you are doing, or to make SE load second. As long as the human character file that gets used is SE, you should be fine. 

On 5/20/2023 at 1:20 AM, Halakason said:

Not sure if this is vanilla, as part of the Husk Quest in the campaign is where...

"Spoiler Warning"

Hide contents

... you have Husk in one of your characters and gain special powers while at the same time Husks won't attack you and you won't get any of the negative effects.

That's a good idea, I'll do that instead of removing them. Thanks.

On 5/20/2023 at 1:51 AM, VideNoir said:

its extremely irritating to hear the constant screams and stuff when they are bursting or near bursting (for me atleast) and i cant exactly volume the voices down without voluming everything down too

Lol, just realized some human audio is at 120% for whatever reason. I'll bring that to 100%, as well as add a build option to remove completely.

On 5/20/2023 at 1:51 AM, VideNoir said:

i guess another build could work too but i imagine it'd add to the work of updating stuff so why not just make it an option in the vendors

Barotrauma's modding abilities are very limited, its not possible to save some kind of variable from a vending machine and access it in another location. In this specific case though, it might be possible to emulate by adding an invisible affliction that disables the screams, usable via a settings item from the vending machine (note that I'm fairly certain this will not work with clothing replacements, since I don't think you can change item sprites at runtime). However, this is more work than just adding a build option. Programming a few lines of python is easier than trying to work with Barotrauma's modding format.

On the other hand though, does anyone actually like the screams? If not, I'll just remove them from the bursting stage entirely. 

5 hours ago, Matias Torres said:

On the other hand though, does anyone actually like the screams? If not, I'll just remove them from the bursting stage entirely. 

Isn't this a quick fix? I just go to the preg_afflictions.xml, find and replace {volume="1"} to like "0.25" or something.
I personally like the audio feedback, I just tone them down using the above method.

Also, I enjoy the spawning you've added. Do you think it is possible to cause a blood splatter effect using particle emitters when a burst/spawn occurs? Maybe using this?

Love your work, looking forward to see what else you do!

13 hours ago, FallSEagle said:

Isn't this a quick fix? I just go to the preg_afflictions.xml, find and replace {volume="1"} to like "0.25" or something.
I personally like the audio feedback, I just tone them down using the above method.

That's actually how I was planning on fixing the issue, yeah. You think 25% is a good default?

Also, I enjoy the spawning you've added. Do you think it is possible to cause a blood splatter effect using particle emitters when a burst/spawn occurs? Maybe using this?

With a cursory glance, it appears to be possible to attach a particle emitter to a status effect. I could have sworn there was some effect already though for the spawn, though, just by default. What do you imagine the effect looking like? Just normal barotrauma blood splatter or something custom? I'm not an artist, so not sure how custom I can get.

Love your work, looking forward to see what else you do!

Thanks. It might be a while until I work on this again though, I've gotten sidetracked with another project. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/22/2023 at 1:05 PM, Matias Torres said:

That's actually how I was planning on fixing the issue, yeah. You think 25% is a good default?

With a cursory glance, it appears to be possible to attach a particle emitter to a status effect. I could have sworn there was some effect already though for the spawn, though, just by default. What do you imagine the effect looking like? Just normal barotrauma blood splatter or something custom? I'm not an artist, so not sure how custom I can get.

Thanks. It might be a while until I work on this again though, I've gotten sidetracked with another project. 

Keep up the good work lmk if there's any update :thumbsup:

7 hours ago, FUEYFUIOWF said:

Asking a quick question with the strange europa patched mod. i can not see the male geneitalia even on males. do you know how to fix this?

use the drugs from vendors but there is no males in the mod tho

ok so i went back and retested, the hitbox for it is there but it dosnt show up, also can humans without the development drug overflow, because it happend to the entire crew

it also dosnt seem to be working like you cant get rid of hornyness by doing the deed

21 hours ago, FUEYFUIOWF said:

Asking a quick question with the strange europa patched mod. i can not see the male geneitalia even on males. do you know how to fix this?

For a dick to show up, you need to apply the penis development medication and some testicle enlargers.

3 hours ago, FUEYFUIOWF said:

ok so i went back and retested, the hitbox for it is there but it dosnt show up, also can humans without the development drug overflow, because it happend to the entire crew

it also dosnt seem to be working like you cant get rid of hornyness by doing the deed

I don't think I understand the issue. Anyways, a lot of this won't matter since I'm rewriting most of the afflictions from scratch.

I think I'm around 70% done with reworking all the afflictions. I still need to add creature pregs and rework the horny affliction.

Not sure what to do with the assets for the seedbed, nano, and fertilized afflictions since they are all going to be removed. If anyone has any ideas I'll try to add them in.

There's also a "Fertile" affliction that currently does nothing. Maybe for now I could copy it over as-is and in the future make pregs from humans and creatures more likely while it is active. 

In the process of creating the creature pregs, I'm likely going to use the assets for the genetic material pregs and will probably remove them. If anyone thinks that it is important they stay in, LMK.

Items are likely going to be jank when I post a build. I've patched over the issues as best I can, but some afflictions follow a fundamentally different model now that the original items cannot understand without me reworking them. The original items were also buggy as hell. I'll fix them all in a later item rework, but they should all be roughly functional.

I also still need to balance everything, the growth speeds and buff/debuff strengths. I've done a rough job on it for testing, but I kinda just want to post its current unbalanced version here in the future for advice since I honestly think I suck at this.

I have a README at https://gitgud.io/matiastorres/strange-europa-patched that should document the approximate path I want to take for development under the roadmap section, feel free to suggest more. If someone wants to write a rough guide when I finally finish this rework, that would also be much appreciated.

On 6/4/2023 at 12:35 PM, FUEYFUIOWF said:

I think I understand now. I've fixed overflow applying without a penis. Horniness however seems to not be related to fucking, it just decays very slowly over time. I'll try to rework it best I can for now, but I don't want to mess with the character files too much right now since I have a lot to work on as is. In the future, I think making horny transfer to the target by fucking or something might be a good idea though, I've added it to the roadmap.