Barotrauma Adult Mods?

On 9/19/2023 at 1:34 AM, Matias Torres said:

That was a change made from the original mod. As funny as getting impregnated by watchers is, I'm not sure if it really works well as a mechanic, so I've been thinking about removing it.

Straight up do remove the watchers thing. I don't think it even works as intended. It straight up slaps every status effect on you at once. Doesn't seem right.

It would be really sweet if we could use EuropaWaifu body textures with the strange Europa. The NSFW texture mode seems perfectly set up for sex interactions.  

Hmm, I tried out the Patched version from Matias. Not sure what I'm doing really. I was able to get pregnant using an egg from the vending machine and gave birth to some foreign material. I'm curious how the sex animations will work if at all while using EuropaWaifu. Going by what Matias said, the animations might not play at all. 

I don't really know what the mod does in it's entirety. I'm at a station and couldn't find any sex interactions with NPC's even though I was doped up on horny pills. 

Edited by Reefymapupset

Haven't done a lot but oh well.

• Add breast creature preg variants
    • Should be applied from creatures randomly
  • Add testicle creature preg variants
  • Use interval for a few sub-affliction updates to improve performance slightly
    • Let me know if performance is still an issue, I just need to spend some time looking for stuff that doesn't need to run each frame.
  • Remove Watcher's Gaze affliction override
    • Didn't really fit with the mod, kinda broke the mechanics.
  • Fixed some bugs
    • Fixed a few more bad affliction texture coords from the original. (Let me know if there's more, there are a lot of them)

I experimented a bit with using some of the fixes from the original-original mod, but there were a few things that I wanted to test more, specifically how names/descriptions are handled. I'll probably get that done by the next time I decide to drop a build.

I'm also still working on packing the alternative human textures, I need to look more into how Barotrauma handles body part masks.

I'd like some feedback with respect to how often creatures impregnate, both normal and while horny. Normal chances are around 30% per affliction I believe, maybe lower. However, all chances are 100% when they are horny which doesn't seem right to me. I was wondering how you guys would balance that mechanic?

I'd also like some feedback with respect to how much damage bursting does. I think it was accidentally nerfed quite a bit when I made the damage only apply to the torso while keeping the damage per tick the same. Should it be higher or lower?

Let me know if you run into any issues. I only work on this mod sporadically so it doesn't get as much testing from me as it used to.

[EA-HI] Strange Europa Patched (no burst noises).zip [EA-HI] Strange Europa Patched.zip [EA-HI] Strange Europa Patched (clothes + no burst noises).zip [EA-HI] Strange Europa Patched (clothes) .zip

On 10/5/2023 at 4:13 PM, Reefymapupset said:

I was able to get pregnant using an egg from the vending machine and gave birth to some foreign material.

The egg is probably broken, I wouldn't use it. The items are largely untouched from the original mod and are quite buggy, I'm planning on re-doing them from scratch eventually. 

I'm curious how the sex animations will work if at all while using EuropaWaifu. Going by what Matias said, the animations might not play at all. 

Barotrauma as a game doesn't have animations, only ragdolls, so a content package mod like this one cannot add them. This mod adds a preg system and some basic sex interactions via a penis, used like a husk stinger.

I don't really know what the mod does in it's entirety. I'm at a station and couldn't find any sex interactions with NPC's even though I was doped up on horny pills. 

The mod is mainly limited to vending machine stuff right now, with a the exception of the creature preg system that I've added. You can get randomly impregnanted by mudraptors, crawlers, and some husked creatures. Making the enemies horny will make them not do any damage as they attack, but will increase the chance of pregnancy to 100%.

2 hours ago, Matias Torres said:

Haven't done a lot but oh well.

• Add breast creature preg variants
  • Add testicle creature preg variants
  • Use interval for a few sub-affliction updates to improve performance slightly
    • Let me know if performance is still an issue, I just need to spend some time looking for stuff that doesn't need to run each frame.
  • Remove Watcher's Gaze affliction override
    • Didn't really fit with the mod, kinda broke the mechanics.
  • Fixed some bugs
    • Fixed a few more bad affliction texture coords from the original. (Let me know if there's more, there are a lot of them)

I experimented a bit with using some of the fixes from the original-original mod, but there were a few things that I wanted to test more, specifically how names/descriptions are handled. I'll probably get that done by the next time I decide to drop a build.

I'm also still working on packing the alternative human textures, I need to look more into how Barotrauma handles body part masks.

I'd like some feedback with respect to how often creatures impregnate, both normal and while horny. Normal chances are around 30% per affliction I believe, maybe lower. However, all chances are 100% when they are horny which doesn't seem right to me. I was wondering how you guys would balance that mechanic?

I'd also like some feedback with respect to how much damage bursting does. I think it was accidentally nerfed quite a bit when I made the damage only apply to the torso while keeping the damage per tick the same. Should it be higher or lower?

Let me know if you run into any issues. I only work on this mod sporadically so it doesn't get as much testing from me as it used to.

[EA-HI] Strange Europa Patched (no burst noises).zip 13.77 MB · 1 download [EA-HI] Strange Europa Patched.zip 13.77 MB · 0 downloads [EA-HI] Strange Europa Patched (clothes + no burst noises).zip 16.87 MB · 1 download [EA-HI] Strange Europa Patched (clothes) .zip 16.87 MB · 1 download

for this build look like no problem for pregnancy update and a bit faster from previous build for performance part ?, but may be need to correct some bug in weapon category and outpost event as previous build.

Btw I also found some bug during using new body sprite due to we need "Human_female_mask" file that match with new body also if we use new body sprite, because if we only replace with "Human_female" file alone, it will conflict with base build.

And I also remove Autoshotgun correction from my old post due to I forget something that we don't need to change xml file, because you can also change Sprite picture name to match name in weapon xml file too?; like this

转轮式霰弹枪.png

Edited by zeroke107
4 hours ago, Matias Torres said:

The egg is probably broken, I wouldn't use it. The items are largely untouched from the original mod and are quite buggy, I'm planning on re-doing them from scratch eventually. 

Barotrauma as a game doesn't have animations, only ragdolls, so a content package mod like this one cannot add them. This mod adds a preg system and some basic sex interactions via a penis, used like a husk stinger.

The mod is mainly limited to vending machine stuff right now, with a the exception of the creature preg system that I've added. You can get randomly impregnanted by mudraptors, crawlers, and some husked creatures. Making the enemies horny will make them not do any damage as they attack, but will increase the chance of pregnancy to 100%.

Good to know Matias. Shame about the animation system. You would think animation would be relatively easy in a game like this. That's really disappointing. I really appreciate that you're keeping the flame alive regardless. 

Given what we know about animations or lack-thereof, could we instead invent new, smoother, more sex orientated ragdolls and apply them to what would essentially be a two-party sex skirmish? I haven't actually witnessed the stinger sex. Will try that out now I know how it works. Cheers!

PS. I noticed you uploaded some new files. I'm curious about the Clothes patch. I noticed that the EA-HI clothes items are missing names and possibly other effects. Using Europa-Waifu all the EA-HI clothes appear invisible on me. Not a terrible thing really. I guess I'll find out what you've done to them when I get through this mission. 

On 10/8/2023 at 1:56 AM, zeroke107 said:

for this build look like no problem for pregnancy update and a bit faster from previous build for performance part ?, but may be need to correct some bug in weapon category and outpost event as previous build.

Nice to hear. Do you think I should spend more time optimizing the performance or is it ok now? Also as I mentioned, I'm still experimenting with incorporating the fixes, it will probably be done by the next build.

On 10/8/2023 at 4:21 AM, Reefymapupset said:

Good to know Matias. Shame about the animation system. You would think animation would be relatively easy in a game like this. That's really disappointing. I really appreciate that you're keeping the flame alive regardless. 

Yeah I was pretty disappointed too. Barotrauma "animates" everything by applying forces on a ragdoll. These "animations" also seem limited to a set of animations the game already knows about, like "swim fast" or "walk"; I don't think its possible to add a new animation that can be triggered at will. 

Given what we know about animations or lack-thereof, could we instead invent new, smoother, more sex orientated ragdolls and apply them to what would essentially be a two-party sex skirmish? I haven't actually witnessed the stinger sex. Will try that out now I know how it works. Cheers!

Honestly, redesigning the ragdolls would basically involve redesigning the mod. You would need to redesign human characters and them redesign every piece of clothing in the mod, since they are all tied to the ragdoll. I'm hesitant to undertake something like that; I think it would honestly be easier to start a new mod. 

PS. I noticed you uploaded some new files. I'm curious about the Clothes patch. I noticed that the EA-HI clothes items are missing names and possibly other effects. Using Europa-Waifu all the EA-HI clothes appear invisible on me. Not a terrible thing really. I guess I'll find out what you've done to them when I get through this mission. 

You can't combine this mod an Europa-Waifu without breaking a lot of things. Like I mentioned, a lot of stuff is tied to the ragdoll. If you change it, like by using another mod that overwrites humans, a lot of stuff  breaks. Off the top of my head, body parts will not show, like penises, breasts, and bellies since those are defined on the human character files, which get overwritten by Europa-Waifu. Additionally, none of the clothes will work since all the texture coordinates assume that the EA-HI ragoll is being used, and not the Europa-Waifu one. There may be other stuff that breaks as well, as any file that both mods try to patch or replace will only get patched/replaced by one of the mods.

Edit:
Also, just to be clear, each of the uploaded files is a different version of the mod and is designed to be used independently. Clothes are present in some versions and absent in others. 

Edited by Matias Torres
11 hours ago, Matias Torres said:

Nice to hear. Do you think I should spend more time optimizing the performance or is it ok now? Also as I mentioned, I'm still experimenting with incorporating the fixes, it will probably be done by the next build.

Yeah I was pretty disappointed too. Barotrauma "animates" everything by applying forces on a ragdoll. These "animations" also seem limited to a set of animations the game already knows about, like "swim fast" or "walk"; I don't think its possible to add a new animation that can be triggered at will. 

Honestly, redesigning the ragdolls would basically involve redesigning the mod. You would need to redesign human characters and them redesign every piece of clothing in the mod, since they are all tied to the ragdoll. I'm hesitant to undertake something like that; I think it would honestly be easier to start a new mod. 

You can't combine this mod an Europa-Waifu without breaking a lot of things. Like I mentioned, a lot of stuff is tied to the ragdoll. If you change it, like by using another mod that overwrites humans, a lot of stuff  breaks. Off the top of my head, body parts will not show, like penises, breasts, and bellies since those are defined on the human character files, which get overwritten by Europa-Waifu. Additionally, none of the clothes will work since all the texture coordinates assume that the EA-HI ragoll is being used, and not the Europa-Waifu one. There may be other stuff that breaks as well, as any file that both mods try to patch or replace will only get patched/replaced by one of the mods.

Edit:
Also, just to be clear, each of the uploaded files is a different version of the mod and is designed to be used independently. Clothes are present in some versions and absent in others. 

For this build after you adjust update time for pregnancy part, lagging performance issue get better but due to you also implement breast prgnancy back, so if your PC or NPC 4-5+ ppl get  pregnant at the same time, game will start lagging again but not as bad as previous build

And for clothes patch or ragdoll patch from this game modding system, you can't just copy and paste to get it work directly because every xml files for clothes or weapon they have their line for clothes effect and the most importance thing is you need to add command line for each clothes to use correct sprite picture in Strange Europa patch mod too.

But if your load order for Strange Europa patch not on top of your mod list and you also use others mod that include Ragdoll, body texture or clothes due to design of base game, it will only use the top mod of mod list as base for your gameplay for those texture.

13 hours ago, zeroke107 said:

For this build after you adjust update time for pregnancy part, lagging performance issue get better but due to you also implement breast prgnancy back, so if your PC or NPC 4-5+ ppl get  pregnant at the same time, game will start lagging again but not as bad as previous build

I see, I'll keep that in mind. Looks like the creature pregs are the main offender, so I'll focus there. Maybe I can increase the update interval to 2 seconds in some places. Do you remember which creature pregs in particular caused the issue?

And for clothes patch or ragdoll patch from this game modding system, you can't just copy and paste to get it work directly because every xml files for clothes or weapon they have their line for clothes effect and the most importance thing is you need to add command line for each clothes to use correct sprite picture in Strange Europa patch mod too.

I don't really understand, but I think you are saying: "In this game's modding system, you can't just copy and paste in clothes and ragdolls from other mods. The XML contains lines of code that tell it how to use the spritesheet, which you need to copy over too. Furthermore, clothes, weapons, and other XML definitions are dependent on the spritesheets from Strange Europa Patched, so you can't just change them." If that is what you meant, I think you are correct. Mixing and matching characters and clothes between different mods is generally not possible, at least not without a lot of work making the spritesheets agree with each other.

But if your load order for Strange Europa patch not on top of your mod list and you also use others mod that include Ragdoll, body texture or clothes due to design of base game, it will only use the top mod of mod list as base for your gameplay for those texture.

I would also like to say that base Barotrauma provides no way to override parts of the game without rewriting them; I can't say "give this Mudraptor the ability to impregnate humans" without rewriting the entire Mudraptor XML definition, destroying the changes other mods might have done like retexturing. This limitation extends to characters, items, and afflictions too. I hope they add some sort of XML patch system base-game so that other mods can build on top of one another without overwriting each other's changes.

4 hours ago, Matias Torres said:

I see, I'll keep that in mind. Looks like the creature pregs are the main offender, so I'll focus there. Maybe I can increase the update interval to 2 seconds in some places. Do you remember which creature pregs in particular caused the issue?

From this buid due to you reactivated breast pregnancy and I think pregnancy system that we use now allow you to get spam pregnancy (max may be twin) that mean for one PC get impregnated from creature attack you will get max 4 Pregnancy (2 breast and 2 belly count) at the same time, so if many PC or NPC get swarm of creature attack that may cause situation like I mention previously. That game may lagging due to need to update many belly and breast enlargement at the same time.

And I think this situation will occured in all creature that could impregnated  breast and belly of your PC, most likely crawler, mudraptor or tiger something?

@Matias Torres Yeah there only seems to be partial compatibility with EuropaWaifu. Mechanically and for the purpose of insemination it works, its just missing the animations/ragdolls. It works well enough for me seeing as I can't let go of Waifu mod lol. 

I just tested the clothes patch you made. I can actually see the clothes now. Very nice! The tops of the clothes fit perfectly on the Waifu sprite sheet with the exception of my characters tit being exposed. Seems the Waifu breast sprite is a little further to the foreground. The bottoms are a little off. It still works a lot better than before. All the EA-HI clothes still lacking names though. 

Thanks very much for releasing those updates. I might play around in the character editor and see if I can correct the sprite positioning on the legs/feet. Other than that it's working great. :)

Well adding names to the clothes was easy enough. Though I can't seem to figure out how to adjust the sprites. I tried manipulating the sprite origins but no effect in game. I need to find out what the inherit parameter actually inherits from. Maybe then I can make sense of it. 

I can't for the life of me figure out where the sprite origins are defined for EA-HI clothes. Manipulating the origins and/or sourcerect for respective items does nothing. Well only the icon is affected. Disabling inheritance however completely screws the sprite coordinates. 

What really baffles me is that the sprite on say 'Security uniform 8' references an object outside of the mod, in this case: 

texture="Content/Items/Jobgear/MiscJobGear.png"

So if I'm understanding this correctly, I need to somehow modify the sprite origin of the vanilla item? 

Edited by Reefymapupset

Interesting development on the subject of sprite compatibility. Just realized that underclothes actually morph the body sprites for over-armor/suits. I was wondering why the slipsuit only displayed correctly on my crew member and not me. Turns out she was wearing clothing from EuropaWaifu which made the EA-HI over-suit morph almost perfectly to it. 

These suits are quite majestic imo. Props to the creator of those. 

Slipsuit.thumb.jpg.a16f7179c205a4137c5acd03882a99ca.jpg

Edited by Reefymapupset
On 10/21/2023 at 1:53 AM, Reefymapupset said:

@Matias Torres Yeah there only seems to be partial compatibility with EuropaWaifu. Mechanically and for the purpose of insemination it works, its just missing the animations/ragdolls. It works well enough for me seeing as I can't let go of Waifu mod lol. 

I just tested the clothes patch you made. I can actually see the clothes now. Very nice! The tops of the clothes fit perfectly on the Waifu sprite sheet with the exception of my characters tit being exposed. Seems the Waifu breast sprite is a little further to the foreground. The bottoms are a little off. It still works a lot better than before. All the EA-HI clothes still lacking names though. 

Thanks very much for releasing those updates. I might play around in the character editor and see if I can correct the sprite positioning on the legs/feet. Other than that it's working great. :)

Well adding names to the clothes was easy enough. Though I can't seem to figure out how to adjust the sprites. I tried manipulating the sprite origins but no effect in game. I need to find out what the inherit parameter actually inherits from. Maybe then I can make sense of it. 

I can't for the life of me figure out where the sprite origins are defined for EA-HI clothes. Manipulating the origins and/or sourcerect for respective items does nothing. Well only the icon is affected. Disabling inheritance however completely screws the sprite coordinates. 

What really baffles me is that the sprite on say 'Security uniform 8' references an object outside of the mod, in this case: 

texture="Content/Items/Jobgear/MiscJobGear.png"

So if I'm understanding this correctly, I need to somehow modify the sprite origin of the vanilla item? 

1 hour ago, Reefymapupset said:

Interesting development on the subject of sprite compatibility. Just realized that underclothes actually morph the body sprites for over-armor/suits. I was wondering why the slipsuit only displayed correctly on my crew member and not me. Turns out she was wearing clothing from EuropaWaifu which made the EA-HI over-suit morph almost perfectly to it. 

These suits are quite majestic imo. Props to the creator of those. 

Slipsuit.thumb.jpg.a16f7179c205a4137c5acd03882a99ca.jpg

Normally once you use Mod that place in "\barotrauma\LocalMods" directory, if *.xml file for anygear in those Mods have command lines </Override> at the end of those *.xml file that mean they already overide for Vanilla part, so if you want to change any Sprite you need to manage those *.xml files in LocalMods directory not Vanilla one.

Btw this game design to use only one mod as base for any "Ragdoll" or any items (like suits or jobgears) if those stuff count as same cathegory in Vanilla even you use many mod at the same time, base game will only use the top files in your load order as base for your gameplay.

43 minutes ago, zeroke107 said:

Normally once you use Mod that place in "\barotrauma\LocalMods" directory, if *.xml file for anygear in those Mods have command lines </Override> at the end of those *.xml file that mean they already overide for Vanilla part, so if you want to change any Sprite you need to manage those *.xml files in LocalMods directory not Vanilla one.

Btw this game design to use only one mod as base for any "Ragdoll" or any items (like suits or jobgears) if those stuff count as same cathegory in Vanilla even you use many mod at the same time, base game will only use the top files in your load order as base for your gameplay.

I've never tried modifying any vanilla files. Strangely, editing the sprite origins/sourcerect of an item has no effect in-game. Only the icon seems to be affected. 

I was trying to rectify the sprite coordinates for EA-HI clothes for use with Waifu bodies, but it doesn't matter what you change the origins/sourcerect to nothing happens in-game. 

<Sprite name="Security Officer's Uniform 8" texture="Content/Items/Jobgear/MiscJobGear.png" sourcerect="243,71,130,74" depth="0.6" origin="0.5,0.5" />

Editing those values does nothing for me. I still can't work out why the sprite calls for that directory, it doesn't exist in the EA-HI mod directory.  The only thing that is actually reflected in-game is if you toggle the inheritances to false, but that's quite useless as characters just walk around with the whole sprite sheet attached to them lol.  

PS. Anyone else getting this error message and does it matter? 

Error in event set "outpostevents.coldcaverns.advanced.generic.missionevents.EAHI" ([EA-HI] Strange Europa Patched) - could not find an event prefab with the identifier "missionevent_collectminerals_common".

Edited by Reefymapupset
2 hours ago, Reefymapupset said:

I've never tried modifying any vanilla files. Strangely, editing the sprite origins/sourcerect of an item has no effect in-game. Only the icon seems to be affected. 

I was trying to rectify the sprite coordinates for EA-HI clothes for use with Waifu bodies, but it doesn't matter what you change the origins/sourcerect to nothing happens in-game. 

<Sprite name="Security Officer's Uniform 8" texture="Content/Items/Jobgear/MiscJobGear.png" sourcerect="243,71,130,74" depth="0.6" origin="0.5,0.5" />

Editing those values does nothing for me. I still can't work out why the sprite calls for that directory, it doesn't exist in the EA-HI mod directory.  The only thing that is actually reflected in-game is if you toggle the inheritances to false, but that's quite useless as characters just walk around with the whole sprite sheet attached to them lol.  

Error in event set "outpostevents.coldcaverns.advanced.generic.missionevents.EAHI" ([EA-HI] Strange Europa Patched) - could not find an event prefab with the identifier "missionevent_collectminerals_common".

just use file that I attach, this one is OutpostEvents.xml from AnimatedWifu classic build. You can patch it by copy and paste directly to the same file in "\Barotrauma\LocalMods\[EA-HI] Strange Europa Patched\Content\EA-HI\" directory.

OutpostEvents.xml

2 hours ago, Reefymapupset said:

And like I said, you can't use "Strange Europa patch" mod with "Animated wifu" or "europawifu" mod due to all of these mod have their ragdoll**.xml and sprite sheath file of themself,  and due to mechanic of Vanillla design for mod of this game will use the most top file in mod list as base when you play game, so if anyone of these 3 mods on "ragdoll.xml" file has line "</Override>" at the end of "ragdoll.xml", your game will only use ragdoll in the top mod list for gameplay and I already check "ragdoll.xml" from "Animated wifu" and "europawifu" for both mods not match in size nor head position or even "Strange Europa patch" and "Animated wifu" still have some missmatch alignment too.

So by theory, you may need ton of work and need to change many line from scratch to patch 2 mod that have ragdoll.xml file and those gears to work together

@zeroke107 Thanks a lot for the info. I kind of forgot about mod hierarchy in this context. I still don't understand why that would matter for the clothes sprites though. Maybe I just don't have a proper grasp on the fundamentals. 

I kind of expected the clothes edits to work as EuropWaifu, even though it supersedes EA-HI, doesn't share the same items that I'm editing. The funny thing is, only the icon and world object reflect any change. 

I'm not seeing any mismatch at all for ragdoll, at least not as it applies to clothes. I don't have any interest in editing those right now. I just thought the clothes could be fixed simply by manipulating the origin and/or sourcerect, which should in theory work the same as icon and world object editing. 

I could understand if I was trying to modify the same sprite sheets used in Waifu, but to my knowledge the EA-HI clothes use their own sheet independent from everything else. Bloody confusing lol.  

On 10/23/2023 at 4:06 PM, Nerembrake said:

I have a problem with breasts and penises not shown. Any solution?

how many mod that you activated ?, like I mention at prvious thread if you use activated others mod that have sprite skin and ragdoll file above Strange europa patch mod. Your game will only use the most top mod list in your load order as base for sprite skin and ragdoll.

And for penis part, I think @Matias Torres  didn't reactivated it back to game yet.

11 hours ago, zeroke107 said:

And for penis part, I think @Matias Torres  didn't reactivated it back to game yet.

Should be there. You need to buy and use a medication from the vending machines (I think its called Penis Development Agent) to get a penis before any of those effects will take place. It allows people to opt-out of that stuff if they don't want to see it.