Barotrauma Adult Mods?

I wonder if it was a bug or not. I did try out trying to give a npc a drug to produce oxygenite. After I impregnate them (w/e you want to call it.) is all 3 body part suppose to expand to the max level at the same time. The npc had got max breast and belly; Then grew a penis and that went to max. Along with lactation, psychosis, and horny (that randomly appears and disappears.). 

Aside from that how long does the pregnancy suppose to last?

5 hours ago, Deviljho-san said:

I wonder if it was a bug or not. I did try out trying to give a npc a drug to produce oxygenite. After I impregnate them (w/e you want to call it.) is all 3 body part suppose to expand to the max level at the same time. The npc had got max breast and belly; Then grew a penis and that went to max. Along with lactation, psychosis, and horny (that randomly appears and disappears.). 

Aside from that how long does the pregnancy suppose to last?

Maybe I should try to document items/afflictions and their use in a README. For the nano-womb stuff, you need to administer a drug to allow the womb to conceive plants and and items, I think I called it "Nano uterus modification agent".  After administering that drug, administer the nanomaterial oxygenite one. That will start the oxygenite pregnancy. 

As for the preg aspect, using the impreg attack thing will inflicict the watchers gaze, which looks to have been patched to afflict one of the many pregnancy afflictions. I don't think pregnancies can end naturally, I believe the mod just resets it to the bottom of the current preg state after birth, though I believe there's items to end them as well. They can also be removed via an outpost doctor like many other afflictions. Seems pretty easy to change the mod so that it removes that affliction after birth though, LMK if you want me to try that.

The horny icon appearing and disappearing sounds like a bug, but I'm not sure how to reproduce it. Could you be a bit more specific as to what led to that point?

On 5/1/2023 at 10:02 PM, SaintHusky said:

I mean, for what it is rn it's not bad. From what I remember, there used to be clothes that worked with it. But then the original author wanted to redo all of them... And that's the last version we got. Naked. So if there's a person who can sprite... I'd say either clothes or make more enemies/creatures use the impregnating attack instead of their default attack.

I've been messing around with overriding attacks. It's easy to just make enemies fertilize everything they see, but you need to override on a per-enemy basis. However, I also wanted enemy impreg attacks to integrate better with the rest of the mod. I saw that the succubus armor suggested that it made creatures horny. While that is the case, it doesn't change anything about their behavior or attacks. I was thinking I could:

1. Prevent horny affliction from afflicting random preg effects
  2. If the enemy is horny, disable the regular damage-dealing attack method and replace it with an impregnating attack of some kind (with some stun), most likely just afflicting fertilization.  

I was thinking I could eventually specialize the preg type somehow based on enemy types, but that's probably a while later. I'm also not sure how balanced this should be. Wearing the succubus armor can prevent some enemies from attacking, but it also inflicts a potentially lethal affliction, so maybe the strengthening medicine should be temporary to provide some urgency? I'm also thinking about reducing the force of enemy attacks when horny, since mudraptors hit hard enough to cause blunt force, even if their attack does no direct damage. They can also eat through walls and kill by pressure and shrapnel, but disabling their ability to eat through walls I feel would make them too weak. I don't even know if balance is something people even want from this. Thoughts?

1 hour ago, Matias Torres said:

I've been messing around with overriding attacks. It's easy to just make enemies fertilize everything they see, but you need to override on a per-enemy basis. However, I also wanted enemy impreg attacks to integrate better with the rest of the mod. I saw that the succubus armor suggested that it made creatures horny. While that is the case, it doesn't change anything about their behavior or attacks. I was thinking I could:

1. Prevent horny affliction from afflicting random preg effects
  2. If the enemy is horny, disable the regular damage-dealing attack method and replace it with an impregnating attack of some kind (with some stun), most likely just afflicting fertilization.  

I was thinking I could eventually specialize the preg type somehow based on enemy types, but that's probably a while later. I'm also not sure how balanced this should be. Wearing the succubus armor can prevent some enemies from attacking, but it also inflicts a potentially lethal affliction, so maybe the strengthening medicine should be temporary to provide some urgency? I'm also thinking about reducing the force of enemy attacks when horny, since mudraptors hit hard enough to cause blunt force, even if their attack does no direct damage. They can also eat through walls and kill by pressure and shrapnel, but disabling their ability to eat through walls I feel would make them too weak. I don't even know if balance is something people even want from this. Thoughts?

Stregthening med should be temp, sure. That sounds like a fun change actually. A sense of urgency or just a way to survive that particular pregnancy. It'd also be cool if all the rupturing damage was just on the torso? Like, why's a head getting lacerations from a womb? ... Or a leg. Or an arm... Also, it'd be cool to actually bring those max preg sizes to term? Like, so far it only seems to exist to try to kill you? Imagine if strengthening just removed the damage aspect, not the size itself... Or ya' know. Whatever you think is fun. I'm just happy this mod's getting attention.

Edited by SaintHusky
8 hours ago, SaintHusky said:

Stregthening med should be temp, sure. That sounds like a fun change actually. A sense of urgency or just a way to survive that particular pregnancy. It'd also be cool if all the rupturing damage was just on the torso? Like, why's a head getting lacerations from a womb? ... Or a leg. Or an arm... Also, it'd be cool to actually bring those max preg sizes to term? Like, so far it only seems to exist to try to kill you? Imagine if strengthening just removed the damage aspect, not the size itself... Or ya' know. Whatever you think is fun. I'm just happy this mod's getting attention.

I suppose if someone's willing to do a bit of sprite work, they could remove the lacerations and tearing that comes with the maximum size. Pairing that up with what you've already said seems like a decent starting point towards the mod. Probably sounds simple on paper but could be difficult to pull off.

On 4/28/2023 at 1:39 AM, Matias Torres said:

From what I can tell, the mod is mostly pregnancy and futa, with bursting. They implemented "sex" by defining a penis as an appendage and made it "thrust" by making it be able to be used for attack, like a husk stinger.  When it hits, it can cause pregnancy. There are items you can buy in vending machines that cause a variety of effects like growing a dick and pregnancy. There are many kinds of pregnancy, which increase belly size. If it exceeds a limit, bursting occurs though this can be prevented with one of the medications from the vending machine. I think there's new clothes (like a tentacle suit?), but I haven't tested/translated them. There's also an (untranslated) mission in the files that I've been trying to force to occur with no luck. It looks like a drinking contest where the character unknowingly drinks a liquid that impregnates them. This mod also looks like its a heavily modified version of some other mod, just from how the files are structured, though I don't know what it is.

Honestly, I don't think you can do much better than this mod for content package type mods. Content packages seem very rigid in what they allow to occur, its not a proper scripting system. The barotrauma engine also seems very limited, in that you can't define and use custom animations at any time since the game lacks actual animations; it implements them as physics on a ragdoll. Even implementing these fake animations, I believe you are limited to redefining animations the game knows about like "Run" and "SwimFast", and cannot add custom animations which are fired when conditions are met. You might be able to do better with lua for barotrauma, but with a cursory glance you would need to patch the game executable itself with that mod; its more invasive than content packages. Even then, you would probably still be limited to moving the ragdoll with forces to simulate animations, unless you manage to create your own rendering system somehow on top of it.

I'm kinda disappointed to be honest, I can see why Strange Europa has been the most in-depth barotrauma mod I've seen on here. With content packages, the best you can get is essentially reskins, new status effects, new enemies, new items, and new missions. Massive behavioral changes seem untenable without a lot of work, like proper animations. I was hoping I could learn how to mod barotrauma by updating Strange Europa but honestly looking at all the limitations of content packages has kinda killed my motivation. I'd love to hear someone else's experience with barotrauma mods. 

All that being said, I can try disabling parts of the mod that people don't like if I'm requested, like bursting and futa. I'm also open to extending it if requested; one of the earlier comments here mentioned spawning something during birth, which seems possible. 

I've had trouble getting the mod to work past status effects. The vending machines dispense the items, and i can see the status effects popping up in the bottom right, but no animation, no nudity, nothing at all happens. Is there something I'm doing wrong? I'm only running this mod.

On 5/6/2023 at 11:02 PM, SaintHusky said:

Edited Saturday at 11:02 PM by SaintHusky

Prevented horny from inflicting preg effects, made the strengthening temp, limited burst damage to the torso, and made strengthening med remove damage in burst state and not remove it entirely. I want to experiment a bit more with mudraptors with these new changes before I upload something though. I don't think I want to work on patching every creature at once since that sounds like a lot of work, I'll do it incrementally as I go. I'll start with mudraptors, then crawlers, then maybe husks. Not sure if I should do the big stuff like molochs or latchers though.

On 5/7/2023 at 7:57 AM, zeitgaming said:

I suppose if someone's willing to do a bit of sprite work, they could remove the lacerations and tearing that comes with the maximum size. Pairing that up with what you've already said seems like a decent starting point towards the mod. Probably sounds simple on paper but could be difficult to pull off.

I might attempt that. The hard part will be the preg clothes since they adapt to the body size and are completely dependent on how limbs are laid out in the human spritesheet. Maybe I'll try to automate with a script.

On 5/8/2023 at 10:18 PM, mjfmjf said:

I've had trouble getting the mod to work past status effects. The vending machines dispense the items, and i can see the status effects popping up in the bottom right, but no animation, no nudity, nothing at all happens. Is there something I'm doing wrong? I'm only running this mod.

Load into the game, hit F3 to open the debug menu, then screenshot and upload. Upload an image of your game while playing too. If you are using other modpacks, screenshot and upload that list (keep in mind other modpacks are very likely to break this imo since I don't see a great way for modpacks to play nicely with each other). Not enough info here for me to even take a guess at what's wrong, sorry.

Edit:
To be clear, I need you to upload more info here if you want help.

Edited by Matias Torres
Clarity
On 5/10/2023 at 1:30 PM, Matias Torres said:

Prevented horny from inflicting preg effects, made the strengthening temp, limited burst damage to the torso, and made strengthening med remove damage in burst state and not remove it entirely. I want to experiment a bit more with mudraptors with these new changes before I upload something though. I don't think I want to work on patching every creature at once since that sounds like a lot of work, I'll do it incrementally as I go. I'll start with mudraptors, then crawlers, then maybe husks. Not sure if I should do the big stuff like molochs or latchers though.

I mean, unless there are plans for even MORE sizes then I doubt there's a point to doing the bigger critters. Lest those would be the actual deadly pregnancies.

Doing one creature a time does indeed seem the wisest~.

Edited by SaintHusky

Finished some of the stuff suggested in this thread. My light testing seems to indicate it works. Here's the full list of changes:

• Horny no longer applies random preg effects
  • Bursting damage is applied only to the torso
  • Fix error that occurred when shooting non-character objects with a preg med
  • Make body enhancer temporary
  • Made body enhancer not disable the third preg state, only the damage
  • Patched mudraptors, crawlers, husked crawlers, and unarmored mudraptors to apply fertilized effect when horny (shoot them with they syringe gun with horny med or use the succubus armor, which applies AOE horny constantly)

I didn't bother experimenting with the big stuff, so LMK if I should try that. Patching characters was easier than anticipated, I can script it pretty easily. I didn't patch husks, as the original mod did and I'm not entirely sure what changes they did to them over the base game, so I need to spend some time on that. Not entirely sure what I want to go for next tbh, I'll just keep doing stuff I see in this thread until I run out.

[EA-HI] Strange Europa Patched.zip

8 minutes ago, Matias Torres said:

Finished some of the stuff suggested in this thread. My light testing seems to indicate it works. Here's the full list of changes:

• Patched mudraptors, crawlers, husked crawlers, and unarmored mudraptors to apply fertilized effect when horny (shoot them with they syringe gun with horny med or use the succubus armor, which applies AOE horny constantly)

I didn't bother experimenting with the big stuff, so LMK if I should try that. Patching characters was easier than anticipated, I can script it pretty easily. I didn't patch husks, as the original mod did and I'm not entirely sure what changes they did to them over the base game, so I need to spend some time on that. Not entirely sure what I want to go for next tbh, I'll just keep doing stuff I see in this thread until I run out.

[EA-HI] Strange Europa Patched.zip 10.95 MB · 0 downloads

i did creature attack (f on f) on a random outpost npc and crawlers or something popped up later (and people tried to arrest me) and my char was a human- idk if thats meant to happen

also do you plan to bring back the clothes in some way?

Edited by VideNoir
1 hour ago, VideNoir said:

i did creature attack on a random outpost npc and crawlers or something popped up later (and people tried to arrest me) and my char was a human- idk if thats meant to happen

Yeah, that's another thing I've been thinking abut. Currently, there isn't really a way to determine what a preg was caused by, so pseduo-random spawns are used. The solution would be to track that as an affliction, per character that can afflict preg. That would also alleviate the issue of being unable to create a truly random spawn on death. However, some pregs don't have good mappings, like humans; what should be spawned in that case? An NPC? Nothing? For other characters like mudraptors though, its probably easy to  just spawn a hatchling or something. I'm trying to think of a good way for that system to work, feedback is helpful.

As for the arrest, I'm not 100% sure how reputation works in this game. I don't believe creature attack reduces reputation directly, but something else I believe reduces it, I think when NPCs take damage. I don't believe a mod can outright prevent reputation loss on damage, but I need to look into that more.

As for fixing  f on f causing preg, that will be more complicated. I haven't experimented with reading properties from an attack target yet, like gender of whether they have a dick. In some cases I can imagine with will make no sense, like f on crawler, so you would need to detect and disable the statuseffect somehow. This seems like a lot of work for something that's more of a cosmetic change imo, so I'll keep this in mind but I don't want to work on this directly right now.

Edited by Matias Torres
Response to edit
9 hours ago, Matias Torres said:

[EA-HI] Strange Europa Patched.zip 10.95 MB · 14 downloads

If possible, you could make creatures RNG spawn with horny. Just like they sometimes spawn with husks. (I think?) But instead they'd just be horny on spawn.

Edited by SaintHusky
15 hours ago, Matias Torres said:

Yeah, that's another thing I've been thinking abut. Currently, there isn't really a way to determine what a preg was caused by, so pseduo-random spawns are used. The solution would be to track that as an affliction, per character that can afflict preg. That would also alleviate the issue of being unable to create a truly random spawn on death. However, some pregs don't have good mappings, like humans; what should be spawned in that case? An NPC? Nothing? For other characters like mudraptors though, its probably easy to  just spawn a hatchling or something. I'm trying to think of a good way for that system to work, feedback is helpful.

As for the arrest, I'm not 100% sure how reputation works in this game. I don't believe creature attack reduces reputation directly, but something else I believe reduces it, I think when NPCs take damage. I don't believe a mod can outright prevent reputation loss on damage, but I need to look into that more.

As for fixing  f on f causing preg, that will be more complicated. I haven't experimented with reading properties from an attack target yet, like gender of whether they have a dick. In some cases I can imagine with will make no sense, like f on crawler, so you would need to detect and disable the statuseffect somehow. This seems like a lot of work for something that's more of a cosmetic change imo, so I'll keep this in mind but I don't want to work on this directly right now.

to be honest it was pretty much a good thing i got rep loss since i somehow caused it with my mutated ass fem on fem mating somehow hahaha (wait i just realized there is no males with this mod, all fem sadly)

Edited by VideNoir
16 hours ago, Matias Torres said:

[EA-HI] Strange Europa Patched.zip 10.95 MB · 17 downloads

Hey. Does this great mod work with the Europa Waifus++ mod ?

14 hours ago, SaintHusky said:

If possible, you could make creatures RNG spawn with horny. Just like they sometimes spawn with husks. (I think?) But instead they'd just be horny on spawn.

The issue here is the same with trying to create a random spawn on death, in that there is no way to randomly get a number while executing a status effect. The game handles randomness in a very rigid manner, so what is possible with random is very limited. As an example, dropping a random item is achieved by a chooserandomitem (or something, don't remember real name) attribute that only works in a very specific circumstance. Similarly, husked spawns are achieved by the game choosing to spawn a swarm of a certain enemy type. Husked enemies are considered their own type. However, a horny mudraptor is still a mudraptor. I could try to create a new horny mudraptor character and try to manage transitions between the default mudraptor and the horny one, but that seems like quite a bit of work and would make everything pretty messy since it would need to be replicated for each character. Furthermore, I'm pretty sure enemy spawns are done on level creation most of the time, and I believe horny decays over time. By the time you find the swarm, the effect may have already worn off. Maybe creating a special enemy type of permanently horny mudraptor is good enough though, idk. I really wish this engine wasn't so limited.

Edit:
Or maybe I could make it so a mudraptor spawn will spawn a random item from a set. When this spawn occurs, it drops an invisible item that destroys itself immediately. Before it is destroyed, depending on type type of invisible object, it could inflict horny on all creatures in a set radius. How important is the random spawn part to you? All of these kind of feel like hacks and I've been trying to clean up this mod, not make it messier. However, if its important functionality, I think its worth making the mod messier.

Edited by Matias Torres
Add idea
7 hours ago, Kojinka said:

Hey. Does this great mod work with the Europa Waifus++ mod ?

Not sure if you saw my spiel earlier, but this engine is pretty limited. You can only override entire characters, both male and female. That means you can only choose one human type from either that mod or this one, based on load order. Same thing with patching other characters. As an example, in order to disable a mudraptor's attack when they are horny, I need to completely overwrite the mudraptor character, I can't just patch in the conditional attack based on horny, which is the only thing I actually change. That means that you can either have horny mudraptors or a mudraptor from another mod, which don't get horny. You can't even do a simple texture replace without completely overwriting the entire character data/ragdoll.

Going back to the original idea though, I can't make this work with Europa Waifus++ for the same reason. Both want to override the human character, so you can choose only one. I can't just patch in the dick/belly/breasts without overwriting everything. Afflictions and items are pretty insulated from this though, since most of the ones in this pack are custom and don't override core afflictions/items. As a result, you can probably use items and get the status effects like normal. However, you won't have visuals on your character. 

Mods don't seem to have the ability to play nicely with each other.

Next, I think I want to rework the preg system. Currently, there are the following pregs:

• Fertilized: A death sentence, grow until burst.
  • Symbiotic Husk: Get symbiotic husk eggs now and again. Not sure if they have any use.
  • Plant preg: Grow one of 3 different kind of plants.
  • Material Preg: Grow one of 3 type of material preg.
  • Preg: Grow genetic material.

Plant and material require the use of a medication to be applied. Size increases as long as a preg is in effect, I believe. When size 3 reaches 81%, damage starts being applied constantly. A lot of these pregs apply themselves again after birth, or do not wear out. So here's my idea for a rework:

• All pregs are temporary.
    • After birth, the effect is removed
      • Other preg effects should continue uninterrupted
  • Size should mostly be dependent on the number of active pregs in that body part
    • This will be hard to accomplish, but possible
    • Size should grow as the corresponding pregs grow.
    • What # of pregs in the part correspond to which size?
  • Remove fertilized
    • Seems fairly useless, only there to kill
    • Replace with a creature preg where used, reuse asset for creature preg.
  • Add pregs for mudraptors and crawlers, yields baby versions of these creatures when complete.
    • Idea: On their own, they should not be lethal?
      • Is it possible to stack afflictions?
    • Idea: Maybe add a low-chance spawn for a pet?
  • Consider simplifying item and plant generation
    • Why is there a need to apply preg items in order to get these? Balance? Seems confusing.
    • Either remove the precursor medication, or the item to cause the preg of the given type.
      • Idea: If removing the preg item of the given type, maybe this could be generalized. Maybe after applying a really expensive medication, you can grow nearly any item in the game, or at least a set of very valuable items like the ones provided currently.
        • Grow items by dragging onto person, applying like medical item
          • Make it a net positive, multiple items per birth
          • May be too invasive, prevents other mods from patching anything patched here?
  • Consider removing symbiotic husk eggs
    • Not sure if they have a use
    • Maybe change to just husk eggs, and make them cause bursting
      • Afflict randomly when facing a husk, like infection (seems redundant?).
    • Not sure how to rework this one tbh. 
  • Consider removing genetic material preg
    • Only really useful for getting material, but that may be fine by itself. Doesn't integrate well with the rest of the mod though.
  • Add a better kind of "birth"
    • I think this is from the plant/material pregs, but applying a large stun followed by spawning an item/character is how "births" are currently emulated.
      • Extend this to all pregs
  • Make all creature attacks (at least mudraptors and cralwers) possibly inflict a preg, even when not horny
    • Make gameplay less centered on the vending machine and an actual unique challenge
    • Make body strengthener be a band-aid to survive
  • Apply larger speed debuff at larger sizes
    • Speed debuff is currently only 0.9, I think it should be more punishing.
      • 0.7? 0.5? Lower?

Implementing this system will allow for the removal of the pseudo-random burst spawn death, instead just executing spawns for the appropriate preg types. I think this system is also cleaner, less confusing, and potentially integrates better with gameplay since its not completely centered on the vending machine. Tuning this new system with the punishments inflicted by making enemies horny (should creature pregs cause burst by default? Stack? Chance to spawn hatchling, chance to spawn adult?) may be a challenge. Thoughts?

8 hours ago, Matias Torres said:

Next, I think I want to rework the preg system. Currently, there are the following pregs:

• Fertilized: A death sentence, grow until burst.
  • Symbiotic Husk: Get symbiotic husk eggs now and again. Not sure if they have any use.
  • Plant preg: Grow one of 3 different kind of plants.
  • Material Preg: Grow one of 3 type of material preg.
  • Preg: Grow genetic material.

Plant and material require the use of a medication to be applied. Size increases as long as a preg is in effect, I believe. When size 3 reaches 81%, damage starts being applied constantly. A lot of these pregs apply themselves again after birth, or do not wear out. So here's my idea for a rework:

• All pregs are temporary.
    • After birth, the effect is removed
      • Other preg effects should continue uninterrupted
  • Size should mostly be dependent on the number of active pregs in that body part
    • This will be hard to accomplish, but possible
    • Size should grow as the corresponding pregs grow.
    • What # of pregs in the part correspond to which size?
  • Remove fertilized
    • Seems fairly useless, only there to kill
    • Replace with a creature preg where used, reuse asset for creature preg.
  • Add pregs for mudraptors and crawlers, yields baby versions of these creatures when complete.
    • Idea: On their own, they should not be lethal?
      • Is it possible to stack afflictions?
    • Idea: Maybe add a low-chance spawn for a pet?
  • Consider simplifying item and plant generation
    • Why is there a need to apply preg items in order to get these? Balance? Seems confusing.
    • Either remove the precursor medication, or the item to cause the preg of the given type.
      • Idea: If removing the preg item of the given type, maybe this could be generalized. Maybe after applying a really expensive medication, you can grow nearly any item in the game, or at least a set of very valuable items like the ones provided currently.
        • Grow items by dragging onto person, applying like medical item
          • Make it a net positive, multiple items per birth
          • May be too invasive, prevents other mods from patching anything patched here?
  • Consider removing symbiotic husk eggs
    • Not sure if they have a use
    • Maybe change to just husk eggs, and make them cause bursting
      • Afflict randomly when facing a husk, like infection (seems redundant?).
    • Not sure how to rework this one tbh. 
  • Consider removing genetic material preg
    • Only really useful for getting material, but that may be fine by itself. Doesn't integrate well with the rest of the mod though.
  • Add a better kind of "birth"
    • I think this is from the plant/material pregs, but applying a large stun followed by spawning an item/character is how "births" are currently emulated.
      • Extend this to all pregs
  • Make all creature attacks (at least mudraptors and cralwers) possibly inflict a preg, even when not horny
    • Make gameplay less centered on the vending machine and an actual unique challenge
    • Make body strengthener be a band-aid to survive
  • Apply larger speed debuff at larger sizes
    • Speed debuff is currently only 0.9, I think it should be more punishing.
      • 0.7? 0.5? Lower?

Implementing this system will allow for the removal of the pseudo-random burst spawn death, instead just executing spawns for the appropriate preg types. I think this system is also cleaner, less confusing, and potentially integrates better with gameplay since its not completely centered on the vending machine. Tuning this new system with the punishments inflicted by making enemies horny (should creature pregs cause burst by default? Stack? Chance to spawn hatchling, chance to spawn adult?) may be a challenge. Thoughts?

I'd imagine all the material / husk growing was more useful before all the prices were changed to 1. Like, if actually growing stuff would be a net profit. Fertilized is indeed there only to be a death sentence. Dunno why. Could be fun to make it something else.

All in all, very nice post.

I could totally see husks with the horny debuff causing the husk eggs preg instead of normal husk parasites.

All fun ideas. All probably very time consuming. Good luck~!

Edited by SaintHusky