Old Games that are Now Free for PC

@KoolHndLuke I don't like that page at all. Heavenly Sword is not a free game... and does it also offer, among other things, the PS4 Spiderman for PC? WTF ?

The page where you should "get" the activation code has a virus alert. You should edit that. It is not a trustworthy page.

3 minutes ago, JB. said:

@KoolHndLuke I don't like that page at all. Heavenly Sword is not a free game... and does it also offer, among other things, the PS4 Spiderman for PC? WTF ?

The page where you should "get" the activation code has a virus alert. You should edit that. It is not a trustworthy page.

Whoops. Sorry for that. Checking.

Edit: Huh? MediaFire and downloading. What's the alert you got? Still checking

Edited by KoolHndLuke
4 minutes ago, KoolHndLuke said:

Whoops. Sorry for that. Checking.

Edit: Huh? MediaFire and downloading. What's the alert you got?

The file is harmless... until you install it and it asks for an activation code that is obtained in a document inside a folder called "Activation !!!".

The document has this link:

http://gameinstallfiles.com/502494  -Avast Alert

Edited by JB.
38 minutes ago, KoolHndLuke said:

Anyway, the thread is still about free old games and I happen to know of some and will search for more. Apologies for the op again. Will check things better from now on. 

> I do not believe in free stuff. There is always some catch behind it. ;)

7 minutes ago, EvalovesEP said:

> I do not believe in free stuff. There is always some catch behind it. ;)

It's abandonware, Sweetie. Meaning the devs and publishers are gone or they just dropped any support for the games and the rights to them. Or at least that's how I understand it. The trick is getting them to run on newer systems and hardware I guess. I've got a few old titles on my pc that I got through these types of sites that host them and they run just fine.

Downloading the original RE2 right now. ;)

Edited by KoolHndLuke
1 minute ago, KoolHndLuke said:

It's abandonware, Sweetie. Meaning the devs and publishers are gone or they just dropped any support for the games and the rights to them. Or at least that's how I understand it. The trick is getting them to run on newer systems and hardware I guess. I've got a few old titles on my pc that I got through these types of sites that host them and they run just fine.

> My opinion is that game makers that gives old games for free is just

giphy.gif?cid=36b14facdfk2i9ohzjqq94s3080db99bn4elquwt5qnhmrd0&rid=giphy.gif&ct=ggiphy.gif?cid=36b14facc7a687enz3t3len2saygryz95trmsrmnww0qr6qc&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

Right, I'm seeing some fuckery going on with some of these as they require activation codes and a fee. So I'm going to delete those links or sites as I find them. Very disappointing so far as there are a fuck-ton of games out there that no one has played in many years. The fucking publishers are just so terrified of losing a single fucking dime on anything, they'll never relinquish control- the greedy fucking bastards. I hope they all die miserably.

Edited by KoolHndLuke
  • 5 weeks later...
On 10/2/2021 at 2:19 AM, KoolHndLuke said:

Thread dedicated to any old games that have been abandoned for pc. Got carried away and listed a bad link, so I'll be more careful. :classic_wink:

https://www.abandonwaredos.com/

Testing these sites right now. If I find any problems, I'll take them down.

Here are two that i have used =

https://oldgamesdownload.com/faq/

https://abandonwaregames.net/