First Time Modding Skyrim and Using MO2 Using an Awesome Guide by "@Just Don't" but "ANIMATIONS DO NOT START".

I staeted with a clean install. Everything seems to work fine until it's time for the animation to begin , then nothing. I use the spells via SL Matchmaker, first on NPC then on player. The arousal amount briefly pops up. The NPC will stop whatever he is doing at the time and both the NPC and player stand up straight and you get the question whether or not you want to find a private area, like you can tell it's getting ready to go into the animation but then nothing.. I run FNES after (almost) every mod install. I did forget a couple of times. I run LOOT prior to starting the game and I start from SKSE through MO2. LOOT did flag two plugins because of missing master but they both have their associated .esp file and its located in the same places that other mods esp files can be found in so I'm thinking that might be a MO glitch, unless I'm mistaken on what the master files are, which is very possible.   I'm new to MO2 (actually first time using it) which I now know it will take some time getting familiar with it but I know it will be well worth the time & effort. I followed Mod Organizer 2 & Other tools - From zero to "Hey Sexlab is working!"  to the "T" (minus the graphics mods which are optional ). After first starting the new game to check SKSE (as instructed in 4.4) and realising the animation would not start, I started troubleshooting as much as I could with very limited knowledge in modding, and did not see any errors other than the apparent false LOOT errors, I started to wonder if maybe I had misunderstood thinking that SL Matchmaker was enough to run animations. That's when I got a little sloppy and installed a few animation mods from the LL lists without fully reading what they were about. But, I went back and read them and still can't figure out what's blocking animation from starting. Please help!!

Plugin Load Order.txt modlist.xlsx

10 minutes ago, soileau said:

LOOT did flag two plugins because of missing master but they both have their associated .esp file and its located in the same places that other mods esp files can be found in so I'm thinking that might be a MO glitch, unless I'm mistaken on what the master files are, which is very possible. 

What mods did loot say what missing masters?  If you were missing masters then you wouldnt be in game.

If fnis gives no errors and you have xpmse installed then my guess is something is overwriting your skeleton. YOu can look in left window(MO) and Mo will tell if anything is overwriting skeleton.  DO you have right skeleton?   LE or SE versions. 

New game procedure is slightly different when using Live Another Life mod.

- Run FNIS (if you have added new animations, then also select HKX file check option to verify that animations are SE compatible)

- create new game

- wait for mods to stop posting messages on screen

- save game

- exit game

- load saved game

- again wait mods to stop posting messages (last message should be Sexlab framework reporting being ready)

- Use Sexlab Animation Loader MCM menu to load animations

- now you can setup rest of mods in MCM menu

- talk to statue and choose a way to start your game

2 hours ago, Heroine HoneyCrotch said:

What mods did loot say what missing masters?  If you were missing masters then you wouldnt be in game.

If fnis gives no errors and you have xpmse installed then my guess is something is overwriting your skeleton. YOu can look in left window(MO) and Mo will tell if anything is overwriting skeleton.  DO you have right skeleton?   LE or SE versions. 

Devious Lore-KS hair patch.esp and Cum Shot Brothel.esp are the two that LOOT flagged and continue to flag each time I run LOOT but not sure why because the files are in place as far as I can tell.

I just verified that I do have the skeleton version. XPMSE and XPMSE fixed scripts are loaded in that order. I attached a screen print of my current MO state. I do have a bunch of conflict markers and unfortunately I did not learn how to resolve these yet and I do not fully understand them. For example, the XPMSE fixed scripts reflecting a conflict and is red but it is loaded after XPMSE as the example in the guide I followed?

Thanks for the help.

screen print of MO.xlsx

2 hours ago, coolfreaky said:

after activating sexlab in MCM you need to register animations  .  and with animation loader  in MCM you register animations and than rebuild sexlab animations . you can also reapply JSON .

fnis logout would nice to have to see if their is any warning .

I tried numerous times to register the sexlab animations but everytime it came back as 0 registered. Not sure why that is. Any suggestions? I did not put that in my initial post because I didn't think it could cause issues. 

So I will attempt to register them again by starting new game but do I need to uninstall and reinstall everything and start over??  I started this 29 hours ago. Kinda slow huh.

I attached an excel file with FNIS loadout for your review. I do not see any errors. The screenprint is just so you could see what patches are ticked.

Thanks for the help.

FNIS loadout.xlsx

3 hours ago, Shadowbroker3495 said:

- Run FNIS (if you have added new animations, then also select HKX file check option to verify that animations are SE compatible)

- create new game

- wait for mods to stop posting messages on screen

- save game

- exit game

- load saved game

- again wait mods to stop posting messages (last message should be Sexlab framework reporting being ready)

- Use Sexlab Animation Loader MCM menu to load animations

- now you can setup rest of mods in MCM menu

- talk to statue and choose a way to start your game

I will go with this procedure next time I start the game. Thanks for the help.

1. Animations issues -> share your fnis log (all the text FNIS prints after it finishes).
  2. The missing masters: it means you're missing a required mod, so when it says Cum Shot Brothel.esp is missing a master file you don't need to look for the "Cum Shot Brothel.esp" file, you need to check which mod is required by Cum Shot Brothel (LOOT should tell you this info, you can also check this in MO if you put your mouse over the corresponding plugin (you'll see these have a warning/notification icon) image.png.f412d9d911f45295c799a8fe349a27bc.png
  3. For conflicts there are some general indications in the guide, the rest is personal flavor and following instructions. For example if you intend to apply a fix for a mod you need to load it after the mod you're trying to fix (like XPMSSE and the XPMSSE fixed scripts). In your modlist I see you have a fix for Zaz, but it's being loaded before the actual mod, so it's flagged with that grey bolt. That fix is useless until you move it below Zaz in your left panel:image.png.f4712ad5bf26b055e1b3629d82081847.png

So I would start by checking what does FNIS says after using it and dealing with these missing master notifications. You also have another notification (image.png.2228bdcda8f6079faf0fefe049b22785.png). You want that number to be 0. So check what it is and address it. If you still have doubts ask away.

And btw, weird way to share a screenshot (inside an excel?). You can create a quick screenshot of any place with Win + SHIFT + S, then you can copy (CTRL + V) into this thread. For text you can always copy and paste it, if it's a long text using the spoiler (the "eye" in the message editor image.png.2f06a49e30313d5bc77eb4dc31726579.png) is the best way.

3 hours ago, Shadowbroker3495 said:

It's been a while since I used LAL, but I'm pretty sure you can complete both SL and SLAL installs after creating the character and before leaving the starting cell. I may need to get LAL again and test this to see if an updated procedure is needed.

1 hour ago, Just Don't said:

It's been a while since I used LAL, but I'm pretty sure you can complete both SL and SLAL installs after creating the character and before leaving the starting cell. I may need to get LAL again and test this to see if an updated procedure is needed.

Yeah, you are probably right. Leaving cell would probably trigger remaining mods to load but the difference is like 1-2 minutes. Files have already been loaded so game starts up very fast.

Personally i prefer to set everything up while in the cell (no distracting dialogues or other noises, no npc's nearby to trigger some mod functionality or combat etc)  but that is ofc a matter of preference.

5 hours ago, Just Don't said:
  1. Animations issues -> share your fnis log (all the text FNIS prints after it finishes).
  2. The missing masters: it means you're missing a required mod, so when it says Cum Shot Brothel.esp is missing a master file you don't need to look for the "Cum Shot Brothel.esp" file, you need to check which mod is required by Cum Shot Brothel (LOOT should tell you this info, you can also check this in MO if you put your mouse over the corresponding plugin (you'll see these have a warning/notification icon) image.png.f412d9d911f45295c799a8fe349a27bc.png
  3. For conflicts there are some general indications in the guide, the rest is personal flavor and following instructions. For example if you intend to apply a fix for a mod you need to load it after the mod you're trying to fix (like XPMSSE and the XPMSSE fixed scripts). In your modlist I see you have a fix for Zaz, but it's being loaded before the actual mod, so it's flagged with that grey bolt. That fix is useless until you move it below Zaz in your left panel:image.png.f4712ad5bf26b055e1b3629d82081847.png

So I would start by checking what does FNIS says after using it and dealing with these missing master notifications. You also have another notification (image.png.2228bdcda8f6079faf0fefe049b22785.png). You want that number to be 0. So check what it is and address it. If you still have doubts ask away.

And btw, weird way to share a screenshot (inside an excel?). You can create a quick screenshot of any place with Win + SHIFT + S, then you can copy (CTRL + V) into this thread. For text you can always copy and paste it, if it's a long text using the spoiler (the "eye" in the message editor image.png.2f06a49e30313d5bc77eb4dc31726579.png) is the best way.

Hey there, I very much appreciate the tips & tricks. Just the Win + SHIFT + S and CTRL + V will save me ALOT of time. You would not beleive how long it took me earlier to figure out how to post a file copy of my mod list, plug in list, FNIS, and print of MO on this forum. At least an hour, probably a little longer. But I'm learning and I really enjoy this $hit. It took me about 6 months to finally get animations working on Fallout 4 using Vortex but it was so satisfying when they finally did.  I will get to work on these tips and I'll let you know what happens. By the way, awesome job with the guide. I would not have gotten nearly this far without it.

Spoiler

image.png.408b46e6d269d36906d51955c2493cd1.png

3 hours ago, soileau said:

But I'm learning and I really enjoy this $hit.

Yeah, Skyrim modding is great fun. Both the learning process and designing your own gameplay.

Be patient and gradually build your mod collection. This way you will have a stable base mod setup and if you suddenly get problems, you know it is most likely caused by the lastest added mods.

Btw, your FNIS report looks fine. You chose the XXL version which is good.

As a new SE modder this page may be useful for you.

Have fun :)

10 hours ago, soileau said:

I will get to work on these tips and I'll let you know what happens. By the way, awesome job with the guide. I would not have gotten nearly this far without it.

Thank you. The screenshot of FNIS shows no warnings and its detecting things correctly.

Verify your left panel in MO has no other mods out of place (like the Zaz fix I pointed out in my previous message) and see if you can complete the ingame install of Sexlab without problems (new game for sure, as I think you're still in the testing phase so don't get attached to a save/character until you're positive everything works as intended). I don't see additional animation packs (for SLAL), so you can skip that part as the message will say 0 new anims were added.

8 hours ago, Shadowbroker3495 said:

Yeah, Skyrim modding is great fun. Both the learning process and designing your own gameplay.

Be patient and gradually build your mod collection. This way you will have a stable base mod setup and if you suddenly get problems, you know it is most likely caused by the lastest added mods.

Btw, your FNIS report looks fine. You chose the XXL version which is good.

As a new SE modder this page may be useful for you.

Have fun :)

Thank you.

Hy, had near same problems in a fresh setup. Animations not starting, some mods bugging somehow in an strange unfinished state. 

So i step over this posting. And yes if you install Sexlab in MCM  after Unbound start and BEFORE character creation, the init script fucked up.

My Intention was to have a basic setup for several play througs, but this goes south.

Years ago i had a similar situation with LAL setup in the starting cell - some animations where fucked up for ever, only an fresh new game was a salvation. 

39 minutes ago, gurugoile said:

Hy, had near same problems in a fresh setup. Animations not starting, some mods bugging somehow in an strange unfinished state. 

So i step over this posting. And yes if you install Sexlab in MCM  after Unbound start and BEFORE character creation, the init script fucked up.

My Intention was to have a basic setup for several play througs, but this goes south.

Years ago i had a similar situation with LAL setup in the starting cell - some animations where fucked up for ever, only an fresh new game was a salvation. 

I would even know how to install Sexlab before character creation because it loads up in game and the very first thing you get after selecting new game is character creation. So I don't beleive that could be the cause of my issue but I am close to the the point of starting all over with a clean start, clean mod downloads and all. 

I just don't know what to do anymore. EVERYTHING seems to work perfectly up until the time the animation should start and then nothing happens. The selected NPC just continues doing what he was doing before I triggered the scene.  

Hey "Just Don't", I've been tring to work with all the conflicts and it seems I'm going in circles. Went from bad to bad, bad, then back to bad. I installed what I thought was the missing master causing one of the flags and of course its requirements, and when I ran FNIS I went from 0 warnings to almost 1500 warnings. This was because I'm pretty sure that a couple of the requirements that I installed were for LE and not compatible with SE. So I have all of them disabled and back to getting a "successful" result when I run FNIS. My overwrite notification is due to missing masters for two of the LE moods that are disabled and one missing master for Devious Lore KS Hair that I never could find the SE version. No files in overwrite. They had a couple but I saved them each in associated mod folders. This afternoon I went through the list of mods on your guide and made sure my installs were in the same order. Is it even possible to clear all the overwrite & overwritten conflicts on the mod list??

It just doesn't seem like it could be much because when I put the spell on each of them to trigger the animation both the selected NPC will stop what he is doing, if anything , stand straight to turn and look at player and I get the "do you want to go somewhere private prompt". Doesn't matter if the question is answered yes or no because either way shortly after answering the same thing will happen. The NPC goes back to what he was doing. Sometimes if the player is close enough to trigger a conversation, one of the questions will be asking if he could tie her up. If I follow that line the player actually takes off her clothes and he ties her hands, gags her, and all that fun stuff but then again nothing. Eventually you get the option to ask NPC to untie you and all goes back to normal play.

53 minutes ago, soileau said:

Hey "Just Don't", I've been tring to work with all the conflicts and it seems I'm going in circles. Went from bad to bad, bad, then back to bad. I installed what I thought was the missing master causing one of the flags and of course its requirements, and when I ran FNIS I went from 0 warnings to almost 1500 warnings. This was because I'm pretty sure that a couple of the requirements that I installed were for LE and not compatible with SE. So I have all of them disabled and back to getting a "successful" result when I run FNIS. My overwrite notification is due to missing masters for two of the LE moods that are disabled and one missing master for Devious Lore KS Hair that I never could find the SE version. No files in overwrite. They had a couple but I saved them each in associated mod folders. This afternoon I went through the list of mods on your guide and made sure my installs were in the same order. Is it even possible to clear all the overwrite & overwritten conflicts on the mod list??

You'll always have conflicts on the left panel. The only way to prevent that would be delete/hide each conflicting file and that would defeat the whole point of MO keeping every individual file in a separate mod folder for you to use whenever you need/want to. The proper way to address conflicts is inspecting which files are conflicting and making an informed decision. For textures the choice is mostly cosmetical, although you could see some visual glitches if you chose a poor combination of mods. If for example the conflict is in the skeleton files (skeleton.nif for each actor) you want to keep the skeletons from XPMSSE for humanoids, so the choice here is to let XPMSSE overwrite/win any conflict for the humanoid actor skeletons. As I said again, if the conflict happens between a mod and a patch you want the patch to overwrite the mod so the fixes are applied. And so on, you'll always have conflicts, each case is different, knowledge of the mods you use will help (file types, what each mod is doing, why X mod is providing Y type of file, etc.). The mods covered in the guide are optimized to solve any conflict in the intended way (custom textures overwrite the default ones from X mod, fixes for Y mod are applied after the mod, etc.). For all the mods you add later you can follow the recommended modlist order (step 11, I think it's about that).

The FNIS warnings you mention are likely as you say because you used a mod made for LE and not converted for SE. To get the SE version you can simply google "<mod name> <loverslab or nexusmods or other website name> skyrim se", or use the resources included in the latest steps (also available on my signature).

53 minutes ago, soileau said:

I get the "do you want to go somewhere private prompt". Doesn't matter if the question is answered yes or no because either way shortly after answering the same thing will happen. The NPC goes back to what he was doing. Sometimes if the player is close enough to trigger a conversation, one of the questions will be asking if he could tie her up. If I follow that line the player actually takes off her clothes and he ties her hands, gags her, and all that fun stuff but then again nothing. Eventually you get the option to ask NPC to untie you and all goes back to normal play.

These options are from a different mod I don't cover on the guide, so it could be that (or another mod you added later) that is interfering in the proper start of the animation events. Did you test the basic setup depicted in the guide first? You could start by trying that, verify it's working as intended and then move on to add new mods and test them one at a time.

edit: hold on, these dialogues could be from features added in the latest Sexlab beta? I haven't got much time to play with it. I'll do a quick test in a few hours/tomorrow and let you know if any additional tweaks are needed for the settings.

Edited by Just Don't

Just Don't, 

I never was able to get a good test on a build with the guide only mods. After attempting to test once, (very first attempt), and animations did not start, I started thinking that I may have misunderstood the guide in that I had what it took to start animation and that maybe I still needed to download more animation mods, so I did but it did not help. Now I know that I shouldn't have downloaded more mods.

So a minute ago I tried what you last suggested which was to attempt testing by enabling only the mods that are listed on the guide. Still nothing. FYI, everytime I attempt to run the game I start with a new game and go through the game set-up (MCM, Sexlab, SOS,etc.) the way the guide says to.

At this point, the only thing I can think of as to why the animations did not work that very first time and may still be the reason, is since the initial SL set up, I never was able to register the animations as is says to in the guide. By that I mean whenever I tried to and I got the result the number of animations registered was 0. Now I don't know if registering, or not registering animations can cause an issue or not, but that is the one thing I can think of that did not go as it should have as per the guide. What do you think??

7 hours ago, soileau said:

since the initial SL set up, I never was able to register the animations as is says to in the guide. By that I mean whenever I tried to and I got the result the number of animations registered was 0. Now I don't know if registering, or not registering animations can cause an issue or not, but that is the one thing I can think of that did not go as it should have as per the guide. What do you think??

That part you mention where registering animations returns a 0 anim registered is SLAL. Like I said in a previous reply you don't seem to have any animation pack installed, so you don't need to register anything (Sexlab has some animations already included and are enabled during the ingame install procedure).

I'll recreate the modlist used in the guide and do some quick test in a while.

EDIT: Okay so I think I found the issue. During step 10.2 Sexlab is installed ingame via the MCM option. In all previous versions you could complete this installation with some checks in "?" or "OK" and the end result was the same, Sexlab installs correctly. In this latest beta (SL 163 beta 9) you need to do this installation in 3rd person view (so all checks are "OK"), otherwise Sexlab won't register its default animations as expected. The fix is simple, install Sexlab only after creating your character and in 3rd person view (all checks should be "OK").

Spoiler

It should look like this (screenshot taken from the same guide, by pure coincidence I did this step while on 3rd person view).

image.png.5649260821fd38731e35466cf64efa0b.png

Test if doing this install step while on 3rd person view solves your problem, it did for me in my tests. If that's the case, sorry for the inconvenience, I should've looked into this new beta release. Checking the forum thread for Sexlab 163 beta 9 I see this is a known issue, but I wasn't paying much attention to Skyrim at the time of this release and on my games it was working fine (by pure chance I guess). I'll update the instructions and upload a new version of the guide to address this change.

edit2 or 6 idk anymore: guide in pdf with new instructions already updated.

Edited by Just Don't
9 minutes ago, soileau said:

I'm not sure I know what I need to do next. Should I start over with clean install of the game? If so, do I delete my mods folder and start over from scratch with MO?

No. Start a new game, complete the character creation, go into 3rd person view, open your MCM and install Sexlab. Then you can pick your start with the LAL statue and test the animations with the matchmaker spells.

The only difference is you need to be in 3rd person view before installing Sexlab.

Woo Hoo, it's working!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I needed to install SL in 3rd person just like you said. I would have never figured out that fix. And something so siple to do. I would have let you know earlier that it was working but my player was a little busy, ugh, exercising. Thank you so much for all the help. Now I continue learning as I go.