ODefeat - Defeat Reborn

1 hour ago, DIYDeath said:

I'll do it after I test to make sure it works. If you get impatient, load it into wrye bash, change the OSA master to anything you want, ideally an armor mod or dummy plugin. Something to fool sseedit into opening the plugin.

Then you load it into sseedit, right click odefeat, select clean masters, save. Make sure saved esp won't revert back via vortex or whatever by deploying and accepting the changes.

Run Nemesis

Boot up the game and see if it works. Ideally with a load order that has ostim standalone functioning already.

Thank you for the breakdown, I think I'll wait for you to test the stuff, you seem to know what you're doing and I'd just fuck it up.
Thanks for doing this!

1 hour ago, engeggybeakurvaanyad said:

Thank you for the breakdown, I think I'll wait for you to test the stuff, you seem to know what you're doing and I'd just fuck it up.
Thanks for doing this!

I was slightly wrong, you just do the wrye bash part, save and you're done. It's working right now for me with just that step.

Here's the upload. No guarantees that it's not going to do weird, funky stuff lol. ODefeat can screw up and remove your ability to do certain things, reguiring a restart to fix. Last I experimented using a mod like Acheron or Shadow of Skyrim or Death Alternative can bypass this if you get it doing it's magic after odefeat finishes up.

Just rename your bashed patch to whatever I have mine as in this test file and you should be good to go (also run nemesis).

In theory this could be done with any older ostim mods that require OSA. In theory.

ODefeat - 1.1 Modified for Ostim Standalone test.rar

Edited by DIYDeath
On 11/5/2023 at 7:55 PM, DIYDeath said:

I was slightly wrong, you just do the wrye bash part, save and you're done. It's working right now for me with just that step.

Here's the upload. No guarantees that it's not going to do weird, funky stuff lol. ODefeat can screw up and remove your ability to do certain things, reguiring a restart to fix. Last I experimented using a mod like Acheron or Shadow of Skyrim or Death Alternative can bypass this if you get it doing it's magic after odefeat finishes up.

Just rename your bashed patch to whatever I have mine as in this test file and you should be good to go (also run nemesis).

In theory this could be done with any older ostim mods that require OSA. In theory.

ODefeat - 1.1 Modified for Ostim Standalone test.rar 133.63 kB · 57 downloads

I installed this. It says missing masters in mod manager. This can be ignored? Bashed Patch, 0 dummy.esp is required by odefeat

Edited by xellon100

Please tell me this mod isnt abandoned. Defeat has always been one of my top favorite sex mods, so it would be great to see more added to this version of it.

Also I am glad someone posted a version for Ostim Standalone. Recently switched from NG to that and realized that ODefeat didnt work with Standalone yet.

installed the file @DIYDeath posted, doesn't seem to be working

update - I"ll try using wynebrush myself

2nd update - Well, I just used wrye bash with the default odefeat and it seems to partially work for me. The assult doesn't seem to be 100%. I'm not immortal, and when I am defeated, both me and the bandit was launched 2000 ft into the air. After he did the deed, we both free fall down and die.

Edited by xellon100
11 hours ago, Abelyo said:

Please tell me this mod isnt abandoned. Defeat has always been one of my top favorite sex mods, so it would be great to see more added to this version of it.

Also I am glad someone posted a version for Ostim Standalone. Recently switched from NG to that and realized that ODefeat didnt work with Standalone yet.

Welp, never mind. The ODefeat posted here isnt working with Standalone. Heres hoping someone can convert it properly eventually.

On 11/10/2023 at 10:40 PM, xellon100 said:

Yup, this needs a good fix/conversion for ostim stand alone. If you enable player as victim, you will be launched into the air (or maybe its just me). You're also stuck in the player disable state and the only way to fix it is to close skyrim.

I'm having the same issue, oh well. I'm gonna try some other stuff and see if I can rig something to work.

I tried to rebuild the plugin from source to try to triage some of the issues for OStim Standalone, and I got it half-way working.

- I managed to fix the defeat struggle "spawning in air" issue

- Post-defeat Punishment seems to be broken, ODefeat checks for "odefeat_victim" metadata at the end of the ostim scene, but this is missing so no punishment is triggered, leaving the player in defeat state.

- Ostim.RegisterForGameLoadEvent and Ostim.GetUndressScript had to be removed, it *seems* to be missing in Standalon, so this probably broke something. This can likely also be replaced by different code, especially the OnGameLoad thing, but I didn't manage to do that yet.

Fix for the spawning in Air issue:

When doing the struggle animation, it tries to calculate the position of the player, for which it seems to use a legacy OStim Method `GetBlankObject`. This was replaced with a Stub that only returns `None` in OStim Standalone. Later, when calculating the position, the result of None just returns position (0,0,0), which causes the struggle to spawn in the middle of the air.

if !posref
       Writelog("Posref not found, making new one")
       posref = GetBlankObject()
endif

So I changed the position calculator to just use X,Y,Z coordinates of ObjectRef, that somehow seems to work (but probably looks less accurate)

Float posRefX
        Float posRefY
        Float posRefZ
        if (attacker == PlayerRef) ; Move scene to the location of the player.
            posRefX = attacker.X
            posRefY = attacker.Y
            posRefZ = attacker.Z
        else
            posRefX = Victim.X
            posRefY = Victim.Y
            posRefZ = Victim.Z
        endif

float[] CenterLocation = new float[6] ; Get coords of posref exactly.
        CenterLocation[0] = posRefX
        CenterLocation[1] = posRefY
        CenterLocation[2] = posRefZ + 5

This is probably less then optimal, but at least it works.

Edit: I posted this in the hope that someone who has more knowledge about OStim can maybe do it properly. Test it, to see if it works for you, but this is far from playable.

Edit: Removed plugin, a better fix is upcoming soon

Edited by gerroth

I managed create a version that mostly works with OStim Standalone

I had to fix the following issues

- Hotfixed spawning in air on struggle minigame

- Fixed not triggering post defeat punishment and missing crosshair after defeat

- Fixed "MoveToSaveSpot" outcome

So basically the worst issues I noticed should (at least) work now

Disclaimer: I have no idea if those changes have any side effects, and I've never used ODefeat with OStim classic, so I cannot verify if this behaves as it should. Please test ist and use it at your own risk, and tell me if there's still anything wrong with it. 

The struggle game is definitely not looking that good, probably due to the hotfix with the positioning. You can look at my changes here, I'm open for   improvmeents: https://github.com/garryrot/ODefeat/commits/1.1-ostim-standalone-fix

Maybe, together, we can get this fixed for a version that properly works with standalone 

Edit: I re-added MoveToNearestNavmesh which I accidentally removed, this caused the player to sometimes float 10cm above the ground. Download is replaced with the better one

Edit 2: Btw, the mod already says so itself, but only test this on a throway safe, cause once you enable player defeat you won't be able to turn it off.

ODefeat - 1.1 for Ostim Standalone Experimental 2.zip

Edited by gerroth
35 minutes ago, gerroth said:

- Fixed not triggering post defeat punishment and missing crosshair after defeat

Disclaimer: I have no idea if those changes have any side effects, and I've never used ODefeat with OStim classic, so I cannot verify if this behaves as it should. Please test ist and use it at your own risk, and tell me if there's still anything wrong with it. 

The struggle game is definitely not looking that good, probably due to the hotfix with the positioning. You can look at my changes here, I'm open for   improvmeents: https://github.com/garryrot/ODefeat/commits/1.1-ostim-standalone-fix

Maybe, together, we can get this fixed for a version that properly works with standalone 

ODefeat - 1.1 for Ostim Standalone Experimental.zip 140.94 kB · 0 downloads

Thank you so much for this!

20 hours ago, gerroth said:

Edit: I re-added MoveToNearestNavmesh which I accidentally removed, this caused the player to sometimes float 10cm above the ground. Download is replaced with the better one

ODefeat - 1.1 for Ostim Standalone Experimental 2.zip 140.98 kB · 1 download

Can you set some condition so it will only play Leito animation (I think the author use this animation pack) instead of using everything you have

56 minutes ago, conca said:

Can you set some condition so it will only play Leito animation (I think the author use this animation pack) instead of using everything you have

Did it do that in the past? 

Cause the code only seems to call a regular StartScene with the flag "aggressive=true" and the rest is up to the OStim implementation.

Edit: To answer your question, I'm not sure why it behaves different and how I could change that, I'll have to do a little more research

Edited by gerroth
8 hours ago, gerroth said:

Did it do that in the past? 

Cause the code only seems to call a regular StartScene with the flag "aggressive=true" and the rest is up to the OStim implementation.

Edit: To answer your question, I'm not sure why it behaves different and how I could change that, I'll have to do a little more research

Tbh, I don't know, I never used it before. This is more like a suggestion than saying if there's a problem with the mod. I just think starting a regular scene in a rape situation just doesn't feel right so I hope you can somehow change it

29 minutes ago, conca said:

Tbh, I don't know, I never used it before. This is more like a suggestion than saying if there's a problem with the mod. I just think starting a regular scene in a rape situation just doesn't feel right so I hope you can somehow change it

I think that is just how OStim behaves, its not really written with non consensual scenes in mind.

The old OStim might have had an Option to disable player controls in aggressive scenes (at least thats what I take from reading its source), but that just meant that it used the AI to select any of the scenes, so it would not be that different to enabling auto modes.

6 hours ago, gerroth said:

I think that is just how OStim behaves, its not really written with non consensual scenes in mind.

The old OStim might have had an Option to disable player controls in aggressive scenes (at least thats what I take from reading its source), but that just meant that it used the AI to select any of the scenes, so it would not be that different to enabling auto modes.

I saw Serana add on doing something like that before, they separate the kissing situation from the sex situation. They stop you from using any sex position when you choose the option to kiss, so I think maybe you could try to set condition like that. Oh and thank you for your hard work. Reviving an ancient mod like this is not an easy job, but you do it anyway, so I and the Odefeat fan own you a lot

1 hour ago, conca said:

I saw Serana add on doing something like that before, they separate the kissing situation from the sex situation. They stop you from using any sex position when you choose the option to kiss, so I think maybe you could try to set condition like that. Oh and thank you for your hard work. Reviving an ancient mod like this is not an easy job, but you do it anyway, so I and the Odefeat fan own you a lot

Not trying to curb your enthusiasm, but my main goal was to just make the last version of the mod work with Stand Alone as-is, not really add any new features.

Testing this out with the various events, I'm consistently hitting the fallback for safe wakeup even with 100% chance of the killPlayer event, entering this if statement here: https://github.com/garryrot/ODefeat/blob/94b3093c8c5192b374d27bf9adcd1bf74c60d8f2/Scripts/Source/ODefeatMain.psc#L1237-L1241.

This can be reproduced by setting ODefeat Execution Event.Weighting to 100% in oDefeatNativeEvents.json and then checking the console output in game after a scene ends, for me it always prints the log statement in that link above

My guess is that something is going wrong setting/loading the oDefeatEventsJDB property, but I am unfamiliar with the methods it's calling in there: https://github.com/garryrot/ODefeat/blob/94b3093c8c5192b374d27bf9adcd1bf74c60d8f2/Scripts/Source/ODefeatMain.psc#L23C1-L30C12

Edited by HLuWpXMRSmyxwRKw
Bad reproduce explanation
1 hour ago, HLuWpXMRSmyxwRKw said:

Testing this out with the various events, I'm consistently hitting the fallback for safe wakeup even with 100% chance of the killPlayer event, entering this if statement here: https://github.com/garryrot/ODefeat/blob/94b3093c8c5192b374d27bf9adcd1bf74c60d8f2/Scripts/Source/ODefeatMain.psc#L1237-L1241.

This can be reproduced by setting ODefeat Execution Event.Weighting to 100% in oDefeatNativeEvents.json and then checking the console output in game after a scene ends, for me it always prints the log statement in that link above

My guess is that something is going wrong setting/loading the oDefeatEventsJDB property, but I am unfamiliar with the methods it's calling in there: https://github.com/garryrot/ODefeat/blob/94b3093c8c5192b374d27bf9adcd1bf74c60d8f2/Scripts/Source/ODefeatMain.psc#L23C1-L30C12

Finally followed the references far enough to realize this was caused by a missing dependency on JContainers, not sure how I missed that but it seems to be working with that dependency added

On 11/15/2023 at 8:35 PM, gerroth said:

Edit 2: Btw, the mod already says so itself, but only test this on a throway safe, cause once you enable player defeat you won't be able to turn it off.

ODefeat - 1.1 for Ostim Standalone Experimental 2.zip 140.98 kB · 36 downloads

I can confirm that this works. Appreciate this.

also can someone remind me what's the hotkey to bring up the re-align menu? 

So I'm trying gerroth's experimental ODefeat. However, I'm using it with a Wabbajack install of CharGrinn that uses ModOrganizer and OStim Standalone.

ODefeat has the prereq of ML_MCM which isn't included in CharGrinn. So I installed that mod and ODefeat and touched nothing else. Things seemed to work as intended, I lost a fight, got grabbed and assaulted, though I had to choose my own animations through the OStim Standalone, that's no big deal.

The problem came when I finished the sex animation. It just ended, and I stood up naked, and the nearby bandits were non-hostile. My health meter and most of my UI was now missing. Attempting to quicksave and quickload crashed the game. Any ideas on how to fix the end of assault sequence to properly "kill" me? The Defeat mods are really why I bother engage in combat at all.

10 hours ago, thenlar said:

So I'm trying gerroth's experimental ODefeat. However, I'm using it with a Wabbajack install of CharGrinn that uses ModOrganizer and OStim Standalone.

ODefeat has the prereq of ML_MCM which isn't included in CharGrinn. So I installed that mod and ODefeat and touched nothing else. Things seemed to work as intended, I lost a fight, got grabbed and assaulted, though I had to choose my own animations through the OStim Standalone, that's no big deal.

The problem came when I finished the sex animation. It just ended, and I stood up naked, and the nearby bandits were non-hostile. My health meter and most of my UI was now missing. Attempting to quicksave and quickload crashed the game. Any ideas on how to fix the end of assault sequence to properly "kill" me? The Defeat mods are really why I bother engage in combat at all.

Not sure, that issue you described was fixed for me with gerroth's patch on the previous page. On a side note, I've heard that the quicksave/quick loads were bugged. Not sure if they were ever fixed or not.