So I made a bouncing butt animation for LAPF Skeleton and SetBody Reloaded...

EDIT - RESOLVED! If you are animating with any of the new bones from LAPF skeleton and are having a similar issue here is how to resolve it. The culprit is probably the idle found in the _male folder. For most players theirs was probably was made before LAPF existed. Just import your idle.kf animation and parent it to the LAPF skeleton in Blender. Then just re-export. All fixed! ?

Hello!

I was wondering if someone can help me trouble shoot this. I made an animation for both bouncing breasts and butt. The breast animations came out perfectly in game, using the 'Bip01 Op2' bones. No problems. However the butt animation doesn't work at all.

For that I used the 'Bip01 L' & 'Bip01 R' bones of the buttock. It looks fine in both blender and nifskope using the femalelowerbody_BBB.nif from Setbody Reloaded, which comes with those bones already painted to the glutes. It just...doesn't work in game. ?

I looked at some old BBButt animated armors on nexus and notice they actually have the buttocks area weight painted to the breast bones,. So when the breast moves so does the butt in tandem. I guess back then buttock bones were not added?

Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong? If not, does someone have an example of a bouncing butt animation that works with the LAPF butt bones? 

Edited by Art_B

normally you do not need to remove all animations just the one or multiple that is creating issue .

but now that you removed them you just need to add them back by lot and find the one or several that create a problem and replace or remake .

as  Shadd Ashborn  said 

"Seems that game is even more picky when it comes to character animations than I thought. So, if someone will have same issues (not working external bones), just make your _male folder totally empty (except skeletons) and add anims one by one during generation process. Ugh. "

On 9/6/2021 at 4:35 PM, coolfreaky said:

normally you do not need to remove all animations just the one or multiple that is creating issue .

but now that you removed them you just need to add them back by lot and find the one or several that create a problem and replace or remake .

as  Shadd Ashborn  said 

"Seems that game is even more picky when it comes to character animations than I thought. So, if someone will have same issues (not working external bones), just make your _male folder totally empty (except skeletons) and add anims one by one during generation process. Ugh. "

Thanks but how should I remake them? Do I just import and re-export them with the LAPF skeleton?

edit- It looks like the culprit is the idle. Which I  believe comes from the pretty woman mod on nexus.

double edit - That worked! I didn't even give the buttocks bone priorities ?

Edited by Art_B
On 9/2/2021 at 1:04 AM, Art_B said:

EDIT - RESOLVED! If you are animating with any of the new bones from LAPF skeleton and are having a similar issue here is how to resolve it. The culprit is probably the idle found in the _male folder. For most players theirs was probably was made before LAPF existed. Just import your idle.kf animation and parent it to the LAPF skeleton in Blender. Then just re-export. All fixed! ?

I d-know know what that means, but I would first look at the priorities of bones in animations - Animations that have a higher priority on these bones will just overwrite yours, that's all

For example, I have an animation (idl.kf, where the boobs twitch when the actor breathes), AND for ALL animations from the Lovers - they twitch when they play because the idl animation overwrites them, exactly on the boob bones.

I get what you are saying and thanks for the tip. But that wasn't the issue here.

The idle did not have priorities for the buttock bones because the animator made it with a different different skeleton. A skeleton which did not have those bones at all.