officially gave up on SE

after how ever many years Skyrim has been out I finally bought myself a Gaming Laptop. so I was all giddy about modding the crap out of it. bought the SE edition on steam. I spent maybe 10+ hours probably more trying to get everything to work. in the end I ended up having to delete the entire thing as all the mods broke it :joy:. it seems like all the creators have gone and the SE edition ports are experimental. a lot of the core mods that run everything when I loaded them in vortex said it wasn't compatible with the SE version. 

I'm getting the LE edition right now. I'm hoping that works better?

I guess it's always YMMV.  Heavily modded SE has been a way better experience for me than LE, especially with things like SSE Engine Fixes.

Mod Organizer 2 is your friend here, LE or SE.  Start un-checking mods until you find the one that's causing things to go boom.  This has helped me update or get rid of offending mods many times in the past.

Moved to the correct section.

Do not throw more money to who does not deserve it.

Most can run SE without any big problem, and here you can find all the help you need.

26 minutes ago, R0ughHab1tz said:

after how ever many years Skyrim has been out I finally bought myself a Gaming Laptop. so I was all giddy about modding the crap out of it. bought the SE edition on steam. I spent maybe 10+ hours probably more trying to get everything to work. in the end I ended up having to delete the entire thing as all the mods broke it :joy:. it seems like all the creators have gone and the SE edition ports are experimental. a lot of the core mods that run everything when I loaded them in vortex said it wasn't compatible with the SE version. 

1) ... how about u play Skyrim on MAC?... if you already doing that on Laptop... good job...

2) only some mods are Ported in SE, some of them are recompiled for SE and some other are made for SE, Today more mods come out for SE than LE

3) 10 Hours... kid... i know guy who spend last 5 days building his Skyrim... i know ppl who have 1000+ installed mods... 2500+ installed mods

4) Vortex user... that explains a lot :)... have fun...

5) ... You can't buy LE anymore... You said that you "bought" but i think You probably pirated it... since You don't even know that LE is not available on steam anymore...

21 minutes ago, -̒̈́̕?̖̪̼?̒̈́̕??̒̈́̕?- said:

just because u can view LE dont means You can buy it ;x...

You can buy it and all its DLCs if you have direct links. There are years old threads about this around the internet.

1 hour ago, R0ughHab1tz said:

it seems like all the creators have gone and the SE edition ports are experimental.

Totally.

1 hour ago, R0ughHab1tz said:

Obviously.

Honest answer is no, no it doesnt.

SE is considerably more user friendly, if anything. LE cant even use RAM without you giving it a set of crutches.

Vortex is useless as far as Skyrim modding go. In fact, id say its actively harmfull. There are quite a few mods that didnt get SSE ported, but those that did work as intended. Alot of mods that didnt get a port from author either were ported by community or work "as is" in SE.

So, if you want a specific mod that does not have an SSE conversion and you're willing to give up SSE exlusive stuff for it - go right ahead. But its going to get harder from there.

Besides, on time investment: even if you know exactly what you want and dont it before - 10 hours might not be enough. For the first build - it will take much, much longer.

Edited by nilead
1 hour ago, cetuximab said:

I guess it's always YMMV.  Heavily modded SE has been a way better experience for me than LE, especially with things like SSE Engine Fixes.

Mod Organizer 2 is your friend here, LE or SE.  Start un-checking mods until you find the one that's causing things to go boom.  This has helped me update or get rid of offending mods many times in the past.

I made it pretty simple for myself when it came to installing them. it was the core mods that ran everything that vortex was telling me they weren't compatible. like FNIS spells and sexy moves. then there was the animation loader you needed to run before and errors kept popping up saying some things from sexlab weren't compatible with the SE version. then my game started to crash and burn xD. 

I'm starting from scratch as I loaded up a crap ton of mods. this time ill go slow and try things one at a time. and going to try the LE edition. If and when I do run into problems I'll know for sure I'm the one doing something. I did follow instructions meticulously. if vortex doesn't work then ill try mod manager. thanks for the tips

13 minutes ago, R0ughHab1tz said:

I made it pretty simple for myself when it came to installing them. it was the core mods that ran everything that vortex was telling me they weren't compatible. like FNIS spells and sexy moves. then there was the animation loader you needed to run before and errors kept popping up saying some things from sexlab weren't compatible with the SE version. then my game started to crash and burn xD. 

I'm starting from scratch as I loaded up a crap ton of mods. this time ill go slow and try things one at a time. and going to try the LE edition. If and when I do run into problems I'll know for sure I'm the one doing something. I did follow instructions meticulously. if vortex doesn't work then ill try mod manager. thanks for the tips

Flying blind is going to hurt... alot.  If you aren't already doing so, might I suggest following the conglomerate / STEP guides in my signature (and the stability guide as well!!).  Otherwise you are in for a long long journey full of CTD's and cursing ;)

Edited by Marg597
That's for me to know
16 minutes ago, R0ughHab1tz said:

it was the core mods that ran everything that vortex was telling me they weren't compatible. like FNIS spells and sexy moves. then there was the animation loader you needed to run before and errors kept popping up saying some things from sexlab weren't compatible with the SE version.

Sounds a lot like you were using incompatible mods uh. There are separate forum and download sections for Skyrim and Skyrim SE mods on this site, same goes for nexusmods. Using the proper ones may give you better results.

Edited by Just Don't
58 minutes ago, Marg597 said:

Flying blind is going to hurt... alot.  If you aren't already doing so, might I suggest following the conglomerate / STEP guides in my signature (and the stability guide as well!!).  Otherwise you are in for a long long journey full of CTD's and cursing ;)

you have been the most helpful! I'll look it over right away. and as a user mentioned about not using the right programs for my version I made sure to go to the right section in this forum and steam automatically took me to the SE version of the mod section. I know I used the ones I was supposed to use.. something definitely went wrong XD

2 hours ago, R0ughHab1tz said:

Heads up: SSE isn't bulletproof. It's a broken mess like LE. Why? Bethesda. Now, from LE experience, you can get it to become stable. it requires work. But I assure you, if you think LE will be any better than SSE, nope. Again... Bethesda. Gamer definition of Bethesda = broken/unstable hot mess.

3 hours ago, -̒̈́̕?̖̪̼?̒̈́̕??̒̈́̕?- said:

1) ... how about u play Skyrim on MAC?... if you already doing that on Laptop... good job...

2) only some mods are Ported in SE, some of them are recompiled for SE and some other are made for SE, Today more mods come out for SE than LE

3) 10 Hours... kid... i know guy who spend last 5 days building his Skyrim... i know ppl who have 1000+ installed mods... 2500+ installed mods

4) Vortex user... that explains a lot :)... have fun...

5) ... You can't buy LE anymore... You said that you "bought" but i think You probably pirated it... since You don't even know that LE is not available on steam anymore...

LE is still available for purchase and can be bought off amazon right now.

Stop post.