HoT&WeT SE

View File

What's New  See Change LogVoice Pack Avail See install section below

HoT&WeT v1.43 for SE   LE Page

HoT&WeT is a Toys&Love Framewok, content mod & includes the HoT&WeT Toy Box 

My Dearest Reader, 

20210809221506_1.jpg

Skyrim is a wild and wondrous land, full of mystery and riches for the intrepid and brave adventurer.  Whether you seek gold or glory, knowledge or power you can find Fate's fulfillment within her bounds.  Though there are trials and travails and foes aplenty, there is one danger above all that claims those who visit these fair lands.

You see Dearie, Skyrim is a land as bitter and cold as a Draugr's heart and that cold claims more lives than simple brigands or giants.  Your precious swords cannot hold the cold at bay and it sinks through the cracks and crevices of your shiny armor to gnaw on the bones beneath.

But fear you not, for there is a solution to such problems and that is the service I humbly offer Dearie.  If you want protection from the relentless frost I can provide you with the items you seek.  Simply seek me out and we can strike a bargain depending upon your needs.  Unlike the harsh and bitter cold, I shall not bite but will instead see to all of your needs provided you are willing to pay my price.

Your humble servant Dearie, 
Baltus Aurum

Overview

HoT&WeT has a significant quest and includes a Toy Box.

In addition, HoT&WeT provides warming, wetness, and overheating effects, making use of Toys' Thermal Strength feature. It uses Toys' Rrousal, Denial, Fondle, and Oversexed features extensively. These all work while questing with other Toys content mods when Frostfall is installed.

Quest

Baltus, according to his letter above, awaits you. The quest will teach you to deny orgasms, fondle, and avoid becoming too oversexed, to survive the cold using Thermal Toys. You will find yourself in possession of new toys along the way, and a reward allowing you to acquire more toys uniquely. To start, speak to a Khajiit trader.

Overheating

Causes uncontrollable love.

Glacier Themed Toy Box

The HoT&Wet Toy Box is themed for the snow. It includes 18 Glacier Themed, rustic toys, 6 of which become Thermal Toys that warm you, when they melt. The toys include the use of a broad spectrum of effects, buffs, and escape methods available in Toys.

Additionally, there are several other Thermal Toys, in other Toy Boxes (the ones that melt), and they too will provide warming.

Frost Fall Support

This mod can be used without installing Frostfall if you only wish to use the Toy Box.

Warming/wetness/overheating mechanics, and the quest, require Frostfall.

Warming, Overheating, and Wetness

These are the main features added by HoT&WeT. See the Warming, Wetness, and Overheating.

How to Start

Speak to a Khajiit trader. Their caravans travel between different settlements.

Requirements, Installation, & Upgrading

See the details...

Spoiler

For LE, go HERE

Requirement

Optional

Installation

1. Make sure you've installed the Requirements listed above, including Frostfall if you wish to use more than the Toy Box
  2. Download a HoT&WeT package from this page, choosing the one that matches your body. CBBE, CBBE 3bbb, BHUNP are supported
  3. Install with a Mod Manager
  4. Build for the group HoT&WeT with Bodyslide. See Building toys in Bodyslide.  One of the most common mistakes is not getting this step right
  5. Once in game use Toys MCM option Toys&Love MCM Installation Test on the Setup tab. If the test fails, Steps to fix if the test in MCM failed. This mod will not work if that test fails

Golden Rule - don't corrupt your save

Links

Toys Family of Mods - Listing of mods using or supporting Toys

Warming, Wetness, and Overheating

Change Log

Help:

Credits & Permissions

The Toys Team

Mercplatypus - Story & Dialogue / VirginMarie - Scripting / Audhol - Toy Creation / Slappa - Animations

Permissions

Spoiler

Permissions:

1. You can NOT post this mod or any of its parts (including any derived works) without my explicit permission
  2. You can NOT incorporate any of the code in any for-profit project
  3. You can NOT use any of the code in a closed source project
  4. You CAN otherwise use the code for your own projects as long as you include all source code with your distribution and allow others to use your own code in a similar fashion and give credit with link
  5. Permission for the many assets listed with authors above, require that you obtain your own permission from the author

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    08/08/2021
  • Category
  • Requires
    Toys&Love
  • Regular Edition Compatible
    Yes

Edited by VirginMarie
  • VirginMarie changed the title to HoT&WeT SE & LE
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest AthenaESIV

Love the things this mod promises to add, look forward to more features being patched in all the time :)

2 little things, sorry if they've been asked before...

1. Sunhelm is an awesome survival mod, it seems to have a much smaller impact on performance in my game and is pretty popular... Integrating with that for SE would be 10/10
  2. The hotkey to show status, would it be possible to have it (aside from working alongside Frostfall or Sunhelm's notification icons) work similar to status updates in Frostfall / Sunhelm where pressing the button prints the status directly to the debug notification corner instead of a popup? Bonus points if the notifications are in a JSON and easy for user to edit, similar to what that amazing Whorecrux mod does :D
1 hour ago, AthenaESIV said:

Love the things this mod promises to add, look forward to more features being patched in all the time :)

2 little things, sorry if they've been asked before...

1. Sunhelm is an awesome survival mod, it seems to have a much smaller impact on performance in my game and is pretty popular... Integrating with that for SE would be 10/10
  2. The hotkey to show status, would it be possible to have it (aside from working alongside Frostfall or Sunhelm's notification icons) work similar to status updates in Frostfall / Sunhelm where pressing the button prints the status directly to the debug notification corner instead of a popup? Bonus points if the notifications are in a JSON and easy for user to edit, similar to what that amazing Whorecrux mod does :D

Sunhelm

• FF (Frostfall) has a very extensive API. That made it possible for HoT&WeT to do what it does... a significant integration
  • FF has a huge user base
  • When I look at SunHelm, I see good things, but I see no mention whatsoever of API/mod author support. So it may not be possible to do what's needed with SunHelm. Not sure
  • Looks like I'd be able to use the Campfire mod still, as I do some crazy stuff with fires in this mod. If you have played far enough you may have seen?
  • No LE version. That's a show stopper, and I'm not making HoT&WeT run for both FF and SunHelm... dual integration is nuts. It needs to be one or the other
  • Perhaps in a few years, if SE Anniversary version has kept Skyrim alive, and there's only 5 percent of the Toys user base on LE, instead of the current 35 percent, and SunHelm has taken off, plus added API, it would be time to switch

HotKey/Notifications

• Much of the info you get is already in the notifications, as things happen. Some you can get using FF's own hotkeys, as you said, using notifications. The Hokey pop-up stats is just an extra. It contains 6 values, and you can't catch that much info in a notification, first because its too small a font if you do it there, and 2nd, because it passes by too fast to read it all. Thus I did the pop up. Its really just like a short cut to see the MCM for HoT&WeT, as its showing the same info. I find also its good that it pauses the game, since you need to read it the most when you are on the verge of not surviving :P
  • The immersive dialogue we've done using the Toys "Voice in my Head" feature, which can't use json, but CAN be voiced
Edited by VirginMarie
2 hours ago, tznvlw said:

@VirginMarie What is hardcore strip? ?

Its where you get even more nakeder :P No... here's the explanation from the in Toys Features page...

Strip & Hardcore Strip

A toy you wear, has forced your main armor or clothing off. You can adjust the chance of this happening in MCM. Hardcore is an immediate strip, where as the regular effect is chance based and on a delay.

9 hours ago, VirginMarie said:

Its where you get even more nakeder :P No... here's the explanation from the in Toys Features page...

Strip & Hardcore Strip

A toy you wear, has forced your main armor or clothing off. You can adjust the chance of this happening in MCM. Hardcore is an immediate strip, where as the regular effect is chance based and on a delay.

@VirginMarie I saw it, thank you for your reply. ?I want to try this feature and see how it works?

2 hours ago, tznvlw said:

@VirginMarie I saw it, thank you for your reply. ?I want to try this feature and see how it works?

Hardcore Strip is on the torch in this mod, its also on the torch in SLaVE, and its on the Collar Bands Exotic in the Insignia Toy Box that comes with Toys.

Its really there for mod authors/quests, to force the hardcore nature, which is the case in this mod.

From a user perspective, toys with just the regular Strip can be configured to act exactly the same as hardcore... just move the chance slider to 100.

Edited by VirginMarie
  • 2 weeks later...

To Everyone...

Anybody using this mod with "Frostfall - Seasons" ?

If you are, I'd be interested to know if it causes any "balance" issues, or otherwise.

I'm not expecting it would, nor do I know of any issues. I'd expect I need to deny my orgasm more in winter months, and get into trouble with oversexed more. Then it would become easier in summer months, but I might overheat more often. Possible it becomes too easy in the Summer?

I'm trying it. There's plenty of adjustable MCM settings in both mods involved, and in HoT&WeT/Toys. If you get oversexed too easily, you can increase the oversexed max.  If you overheat too often, you can increase that max too. Oversexed is in Toys. Overheating is in HoT&Wet.

I've added a new Settings Section to the Warming, Wetness, and Overheating page.

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, N.Gamma said:

I think this is a really interesting mod and therefore wanted to ask if you could please make the mod compatible with SunHelm in addition to Frostfall?

It's not really possible...

• Frostfall has a very extensive API (Application Program Interface). That made it possible for HoT&WeT to do what it does... a significant integration. From what I can tell, SunHelm has no API at all to use. So its not possible to do much, if anything with SunHelm, without patching it which I'd not do
  • SunHelm has no LE version. That's also a show stopper, and I'm not making HoT&WeT run for both FF and SunHelm because dual integration is nuts for the effort. It needs to be one or the other, and thus I must use FF to support LE
  • 4 weeks later...

hi im using UUNP LE version of this mod and it seems my quest doesnt progress after talking with baltus aurum i agree to deal with her but he talks something about properly fitted then nothing happens also this mods mod page in mcm menu its blank empty i cant see the mcm menu of this mod page in game if u can solve my problems thanks already before i forgot these are my modlist and load order

https://modwat.ch/u/alwaysandforever

2 hours ago, killorkilled said:

hi im using UUNP LE version of this mod and it seems my quest doesnt progress after talking with baltus aurum i agree to deal with her but he talks something about properly fitted then nothing happens also this mods mod page in mcm menu its blank empty i cant see the mcm menu of this mod page in game if u can solve my problems thanks already before i forgot these are my modlist and load order

https://modwat.ch/u/alwaysandforever

Sounds like Toys is not functioning.

1. Can you see the Toys MCM? If not see Troubleshooting #4
  2. Does Toys MCM option "Run Installation Test" on the first tab succeed? If the test fails, see Troubleshooting #1

If this does not help you, for me to help further, I need to to know results for those 2 above, and see your papyrus log.

For the log, we want a game session where you... startup the game.... load the save... run the install test in Toys... then exit to desktop, grab that log.

There's a "how to get a papyrus log" in the FAQs if you need it, at the same link above.

The question is perhaps a bit premature, but the anniversary update is supposed to introduce survival updates in Skyrim SE. Even if it will take quite a while until mods like Sexlab will be adapted for the update, I wonder what the future of this mod looks like? Frostfall will then no longer be needed for Skyrim SE and that is a main advantage for Hot&Wet. And whether Frostfall then gets another update is also questionable.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

11 hours ago, N.Gamma said:

The question is perhaps a bit premature, but the anniversary update is supposed to introduce survival updates in Skyrim SE. Even if it will take quite a while until mods like Sexlab will be adapted for the update, I wonder what the future of this mod looks like? Frostfall will then no longer be needed for Skyrim SE and that is a main advantage for Hot&Wet. And whether Frostfall then gets another update is also questionable.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Is a good question, but we don't know enough yet. What we do know is here... LL Post / Nexus Post.

Categories from that first link...

1. Mods that do not rely on SKSE at all should be fine
  2. Mods that require SKSE but do NOT include DLL plugins should be fine once SKSE itself is updated
  3. Mods that require SKSE and DO include a DLL plugin will NOT work until the original authors rebuild them for the post-AE offsets (which may never happen)

For HoT&WeT to work with AE, we need the following (categorized)...

• SKSE - everything below needs this
  • Toys - Category 2
  • SLA - 2
  • Sexlab - has dll - Category 3 (don't know what the dll does... maybe Sexlab works mostly without it)
  • Frostfall (FF) - 2
  • Campfire - 2
  • StorageUtil, MFG Fix - almost every mod above needs. Not sure how to categorize them

All category 2 mods should just work once SKSE does. Not sure why you think FF/Campfire will need any update? They have no dll. But maybe you know something I don't? If so plz share.

Bottom line.... I think that once Sexlab can work with AE, everything else will be good to go too as they rely on the same utilities. We need SKSE, the utilities like StorageUtil, MFG Fix, and I'm sure something I'm not thinking about, and that's it. FF/Campfire (all Cat 2), should work untouched.

That's the optimistic view. The pessimistic one is in the event where Category 2 has been stated incorrectly. Its possible but seems not very likely.

"Anniversary update is supposed to introduce survival updates in Skyrim SE"...

Well, no, not my understanding. SE is not getting feature updates at all. Not even graphical improvements. All that changes is that it's recompiled to provide a uniform platform across PC, XBox, and PS which is where it breaks SKSE. AE just means marketing scheme/bundling to sell you mods from the Creation Club.

AE "Survival Mode" is a Creation Club Mod, that's been around since 2017. Nothing about that "creation" (aka mod) changes with this AE bundle, other than you get it included if you pay the 20 bucks. AE is not providing anything new in the area of survival. 

Bottom line for HoT&WeT...

I don't think FF's usefulness changes at all. I think that once SKSE is updated, FF will work, but Toys wont yet, not till Sexlab does. So we just all stay off of AE's update till Sexlab works. There's a chance I might have to tweak Toys. But I doubt there's any impact on HoT&WeT through all of this. But if there is, I'd be finding a way to make it work again, even if I had to make my own temperature and wetness systems.

(this has been a long reply, but I felt like thinking through this anyhow :D  Thanks for asking.)

Edited by VirginMarie
On 11/10/2021 at 6:37 PM, VirginMarie said:

"Anniversary update is supposed to introduce survival updates in Skyrim SE"...

Well, no, not my understanding. SE is not getting feature updates at all. Not even graphical improvements. All that changes is that it's recompiled to provide a uniform platform across PC, XBox, and PS which is where it breaks SKSE. AE just means marketing scheme/bundling to sell you mods from the Creation Club.

AE "Survival Mode" is a Creation Club Mod, that's been around since 2017. Nothing about that "creation" (aka mod) changes with this AE bundle, other than you get it included if you pay the 20 bucks. AE is not providing anything new in the area of survival. 

Yes, the "Survival Mode" is a Creation Club Mod, but as far as I understand it, this mode is one of the few free updates that have now been integrated into SE and not only into AE.
Which for me means I don't need mods like Frostfall and INeed anymore, because they offer exactly the same fetures as the "Survival Mode".

7 hours ago, N.Gamma said:

Yes, the "Survival Mode" is a Creation Club Mod, but as far as I understand it, this mode is one of the few free updates that have now been integrated into SE and not only into AE.

Survival Mode is a mod that always worked for SE. Its' been out since 2017. It was done by the same author as Frostfall (It's why you don't see him active anymore on the free mods). You could have been using it since then. AE has changed nothing other than making it free.

7 hours ago, N.Gamma said:

Which for me means I don't need mods like Frostfall and INeed anymore, because they offer exactly the same fetures as the "Survival Mode".

• Survival Mode is like a Frostfall "lite" plus INeeds "lite"... similar but different and simplified. If you are accustomed to Frostfall, you will find things missing
  • Frostfall has an API (Interface for mods to use it). This made it possible for HoT&WeT to do what it does. I don't think Survival Mode has that option, and even if it has something, it won't be compatible
    • I don't rule out that one day, I might try to make HoT&WeT work with Survival Mode, but it seems not possible and not likely
  • It would be more likely that if I spent such time, I'd be making HoT&WeT "survival mod agnostic". This would mean making it not care which survival mod you use by doing its own temperature/exposure/wetness systems, in fact you'd not even need one, if you only want basics
  • 2 weeks later...