15 minutes ago, netwave said:

I spent a lot of time running back and forth between Markarth and Whiterun again and again, but I couldn't find one (Ri'saad's Caravan).

Is there a way to force the quest to start through console commands?

Thanks.

We don't do console commands. They break quests.

When I look for them, I take carriage to Whiterun, Solitude, and Windhelm. I've never NOT found them by just checking those 3 places. So it takes me 3mins max.

Edited by VirginMarie
4 minutes ago, VirginMarie said:

We don't do console commands. They break quests.

When I look for them, I take carriage to Whiterun, Solitude, and Windhelm. I've never NOT found them by just checking those 3 places. So it takes me 3mins max.

Is taking carriage different than running on the road?

I ran on the road for an hour but didn't see them.

Are they sitting on the side of the roads or walking?

Edited by netwave
7 minutes ago, netwave said:

I have finished the HoT and WeT quest, and there is no more quest in the journal, but the items can not be removed.

Where can I find the keys to unlock them?

Thanks.

When Baltus left you a note, and you picked it up, you got keys for the toys he put on you. You may have consumed them unlocking something else. 

Toyful Temptations mod, is the main way to get keys.

Toy Story also has a character you meet who will give keys for a certain service.

Don't add mods mid-playthrough though, unless you add them at the very end of your load order. These two above, you can do that. See Golden Rule.

Edited by VirginMarie
1 hour ago, VirginMarie said:

When Baltus left you a note, and you picked it up, you got keys for the toys he put on you. You may have consumed them unlocking something else. 

Toyful Temptations mod, is the main way to get keys.

Toy Story also has a character you meet who will give keys for a certain service.

Don't add mods mid-playthrough though, unless you add them at the very end of your load order. These two above, you can do that. See Golden Rule.

Thank you.

• VirginMarie changed the title to HoT&WeT SE & LE

@Dremora Lord Responding here re. your review....

Only issue I had.... was related to the cellar not being a public area which was easily fixed in SSEdit. I found the solution in the comment thread (copy over last record in to ESL, copy across the public area from toy workshop). In my case I think LUX had overwritten it.

I'd like to put something in Troubleshooting, or fix if it's a mod conflict that can be fixed... But I'm not clear on the problem (or mod conflict?).

Here's where I'm confused...

- HoT&WeT does not have a "cellar". It DOES have a cave. Millonce is in a cellar, but she's in Toy Story

- HoT&WeT does not have a Toy Workshop. That's in the Toys Workshop mod

1. So which of the 3 mods? Need to pin point location and mod, and what is the "problem", such as "I could not enter"... or?
  2. "not being a public area" - I'm guessing you are saying its the Millonce Cellar in Toy Story and another mod is overriding where my mod has made the cellar public. If so which mod is conflicting? You say maybe LUX so I'm guessing Lux at Skyrim Special Edition Nexus - Mods and Community (nexusmods.com)... but can we confirm? If you fixed in SSEdit, you'd see the mod overriding.

I've I've got his right in #2, then the solution is almost the same as in this.... Known Mod Conflicts - Toy Story

Edited by VirginMarie
5 hours ago, VirginMarie said:

@Dremora Lord Responding here re. your review....

I'd like to put something in Troubleshooting, or fix if it's a mod conflict that can be fixed... But I'm not clear on the problem (or mod conflict?).

Here's where I'm confused...

- HoT&WeT does not have a "cellar". It DOES have a cave. Millonce is in a cellar, but she's in Toy Story

- HoT&WeT does not have a Toy Workshop. That's in the Toys Workshop mod

1. So which of the 3 mods? Need to pin point location and mod, and what is the "problem", such as "I could not enter"... or?
  2. "not being a public area" - I'm guessing you are saying its the Millonce Cellar in Toy Story and another mod is overriding where my mod has made the cellar public. If so which mod is conflicting? You say maybe LUX so I'm guessing Lux at Skyrim Special Edition Nexus - Mods and Community (nexusmods.com)... but can we confirm? If you fixed in SSEdit, you'd see the mod overriding.

I've I've got his right in #2, then the solution is almost the same as in this.... Known Mod Conflicts - Toy Story

You are quite correct, attached it to the wrong review , I've been running through all the Toy quest mods 8O)  I've removed it from the review.

I've removed it from the review.

On 4/23/2022 at 6:09 AM, Lisette11 said:

Is it possible to make the quests also available if one has survival mode active? It makes installing frostfall redundant. 

Not possible. Frostfall offers an API for other mods to use. Survival mode is a simplified Frostfall (same author by the way), with no API at all.

Also does Survival Mod have campfires? The campfire is a key part of HoT&Wet.

24 minutes ago, Lisette11 said:

It does, but survival can also be patched with campfire. 

There's always a way, like I could hack the hell out of Survival Mode (people call that patching), but I don't patch. One reason I would not patch is that in the same amount of effort, I could just make HoT&WeT do its own climate and campfires. This would mean it does not matter which Survival mods you have, it just works. It would work with no survival mod. But no route of abandoning FF is small effort.

15 hours ago, VirginMarie said:

There's always a way, like I could hack the hell out of Survival Mode (people call that patching), but I don't patch. One reason I would not patch is that in the same amount of effort, I could just make HoT&WeT do its own climate and campfires. This would mean it does not matter which Survival mods you have, it just works. It would work with no survival mod. But no route of abandoning FF is small effort.

Good to know. That's Ok.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, BHAitken said:

This mod does NOT work with Skyrim's Survival expansion?

Only Frostfall.

I assume you mean Survival Mode....

That Creation Club mod (Survival Mode) was done by the same author as Frostfall, but has less features and no API. HoT&WeT can't do anything without the API.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...