Ahem....ahm....Hi!

Though I am not new, but have been a member that watches from the shadows, I've never really posted much. My way of thinking is "if i aint got nothing productive to say, I dont say anything at all"....yea, lame I know But, givin how things are going in my life atm *both goodish to eh....* I thought id finally say something as I have been telling myself to "try" and make some more friends. I am your typical nerd: lover of video games, comics *mostly manga*, anime, cartoons *lover of the old loony toons*, hentai *love it*, and a just a touch anti-social.

If you're wondering about the eh in my life, feel free to ask

To cut this short, I love this community and how you guys treat one another and I thank you for producing the mods I love using

side note: names gabe ( ^_^)/

Hi, its Zoey, struggling around with nifskope and bodyslide 2.   I managed to create a working NIF for CBBE HDT of the Fairy Tale outfit using the UNP one as a base.  It works in game, but when I try and view the files in Nifskope, it breaks nifskope and the program won't properly display *any* other nifs until its uninstalled all the way down to removing related registry items associated with nifskope and re-installing.   Also been trying to figure out how to get bodyslide to actually output the _0 _1 nif files when you do a Save as.  I got it to work once, but subsequent attempts create no output.   Any ideas or help would be welcome!

-Zoey

I figured it out!  Its possible to create a nif file that has missing weights that breaks nifskope 1.1.3 by messing up its cache (I think this is what happens.)  I talked to some folks on the niftools RC channel, and got the Nifskope2.0 alpha which doesn't suffer this bug.  Anyway you can fix 1.1.3 but *completely* uninstalling it, and removing its registry entries, but if you open the broken nif again, you have to rinse repeat.   I also figured out the body slide issue.  I was expecting outfit studio to make .nif files, but it doesn't really do that.  It only makes .xml files.  The BS tool itself generates the nif files.  I think I got confused because I made the .xml file, and then immediately afterwards did a batch build that ended up including the .xml I had made, so I thought the OS had done the work.    So conceptually I got it sorted.  BS makes files from .xml files, OS makes .xml reference files with sizing and mesh data but doesn't actually make any .nifs.

Huzzah! :shy:

Hi Yal! Totally not new... deleted my Twatter account so had to start out fresh! kind of fells good because I only posted 50 times in the last 2 years on my old account haha and to all the really really new people welcome to the best modding community I know of... well yeah lol :ph34r: