Sexlab Defeat Baka Edition LE/SE

Hey, I've been experimenting with this mod and the main issue I'm having with it is that my followers (I usually have a bunch of them, like 5 to 7) are performing executions in the knocked down/off enemies. I've tried a lot of different settings but nothing seems to fix that. I do have Valhalla Combat, Precision, Poise, all that combat stuff and I have Stun and Execution on, but "execution" off. Is that the problem? Should I turn off Stun and Execution completely and let go of this feature if I want Defeat to work properly? I kinda like this system (the thing with the yellow bar so that you stun your enemy over time by blocking, bashing and etc) and before I installed Defeat Baka, my followers weren't performing executions. Now they can't see a stunned/staggered/knocked down/off enemy and they'll just one-shot them immediately without giving me the chance to tie them down or whatever. Anyone gone through something similar or have a guess about what could be a possible solution? Thanks in advance.

Edited by mattvm

Ahhh I might switch back to Sexlab Defeat at this point. I used to play a lot of Oldrim and got AE during the sale and got all these newer updated mods. I am currently using Nemesis since I don't care for Beastiality and I wanted some mods like SkyClimb with OAR instead of DAR so while installing all of Baka's mods I made sure to patch for OAR and never for DAR.

Anyways, I keep facing this problem in the intro itself, sometimes I get knocked down and the struggle bar appears but the enemy is busy fighting Ralof so the hotkeys to fill the bar don't even work because of that (I guess) and when Ralof kills the NPC and moves on, the bar disappears and I am left stuck on the ground and can't get up or move or anything. I tried to do "showracemenu" but still stuck on the ground.
Any fix for this?

your edit of the mod truly makes it lighter. so first of all thank you. 

secondly whenever i try to add a specific set of animations it doesn't appear when i press the ( )0 ) key. lets say i'm trying to add cowgirl animations to run. i used it easily and edited it before on a previous created character save. now this animation doesn't run?? any idea why

many thanks in advance

The Patreon Data pack is removed.

If you want a tester and someone to provide info for VR compatibilty let me know.  (From what I've read as long as the struggle button is rebindable there shouldn't be that many issues.)

I also see that you have your own version of Aroused for SE is there much of a difference between yours and the loose file conversion?

Edited by Pronema
On 11/24/2023 at 8:58 PM, nsfw_phantom said:

Anyways, I keep facing this problem in the intro itself, sometimes I get knocked down and the struggle bar appears but the enemy is busy fighting Ralof so the hotkeys to fill the bar don't even work because of that (I guess) and when Ralof kills the NPC and moves on, the bar disappears and I am left stuck on the ground and can't get up or move or anything. I tried to do "showracemenu" but still stuck on the ground.
Any fix for this?

When the enemies are down , change to 1st POV , jump , then everything should be fine .

At least works for me.

11 hours ago, Ngo Van Dang said:

anyone having problem with witness messages having $ at start of NPC names?

Normally, "$somewords" means that the game is configured for a Language that is not setup in the mod interface translation files and it fails to replace the "$$$" macros placeholders.

In SL defeat deployment folder or in the Skyrim folder.

Go to \Interface\translations

Copy sexlabdefeat_english.txt to sexlabdefeat_XXXXXX.txt, replace XXXXX with your game language as written in English.

The USA steam version of the game supports English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Polish, Traditional Chinese, Russian, Japanese.  The same goes for SL defeat interface but all the files content are in English no matter the language.  They are available for somebody to translate.

Any version of the game that is in another language will have the $placeholder replacement issue.

Edited by safado

I can't seem to get the get up animations to work right. I'm using a gamepad (attack not strafe for struggle) and the All Down mode for follower collateral. If I manage to fill the bar before combat ends, my character is stays stuck on the ground until I equip weapons or spells. If my companions kill the aggressors, the bar disappears and my character stays on the ground until I equip weapons or spells. If my character gets defeated after all my companions are down, my companions immediately get up and start attacking the aggressor after the struggle animation ends which restarts combat. I've had some success using the Original Mode for follower collateral but most times the get up animations refuse to play.

I really like the struggle animations and people say that this mod is perfectly fine. I just can't get this Defeat version to start working right.

What settings should I use to make sure Defeat plays the animations correctly?

On 11/29/2023 at 5:06 PM, AzureFlare said:
Spoiler

Any fix for this?

When the enemies are down , change to 1st POV , jump , then everything should be fine .

At least works for me.

I added animation "Sit" to Restored(), PC will play Sit animation when recovery state was finished just "jump" and run away or fight

Sexlab Defeat Baka Edition SE 1.50 Fix v0.7z

On 12/8/2023 at 3:53 AM, safado said:

Normally, "$somewords" means that the game is configured for a Language that is not setup in the mod interface translation files and it fails to replace the "$$$" macros placeholders.

In SL defeat deployment folder or in the Skyrim folder.

Go to \Interface\translations

Copy sexlabdefeat_english.txt to sexlabdefeat_XXXXXX.txt, replace XXXXX with your game language as written in English.

The USA steam version of the game supports English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Polish, Traditional Chinese, Russian, Japanese.  The same goes for SL defeat interface but all the files content are in English no matter the language.  They are available for somebody to translate.

Any version of the game that is in another language will have the $placeholder replacement issue.

According to my knowledge that's something relate to MCM itself, this is about in game notification, and my game is always set in English

4 hours ago, Ngo Van Dang said:

According to my knowledge that's something relate to MCM itself, this is about in game notification, and my game is always set in English

The notifications are debug functions imported using Bethesda Skyrim Scripts.  They also use the internationalization $placeholders to messages to other languages.

Sample from defeat.

debug.Notification("${"+Witness.GetLeveledActorBase().GetName()+"} witnesses what is happenning and decide to join!")

Get the name of the witness NPC and replace the whole sentence with one in the translation folder files.  If it shows the $ sign in game it means it failed to be replaced, and you are seen the placeholder name string.  Failing could be because of a typo in the translation files or in the scripts.

Translation file entry, it shows the same twice because the placeholder and the replacement are in English, but placeholder has $ symbol.

${} witnesses what is happenning and decide to join!	{} witnesses what is happenning and decide to join!

42 minutes ago, yamaiduinzis said:

do you know if its counted as a valid replacement for SL defeat, and works with mods that originally require SL defeat as a dep. ?

It should work as a replacement. The esp name is the same, so the mods should recognize it. Which mods do you want to use with it? I don't use most gameplay mods anymore, but maybe I used the ones you want to use

Guys, I'm having a huge headache.

Does anyone know how (or if it's possible) to disable knockouts by all creatures? Or disqualify them as initiators?

I have only human animations and stuff installed (using Nemesis, don't want to bother with creatures for now), and when I get to 0 HP (Essential - On bleedout options checked) instead of dying I get an animation an HP goes to like 80% instantly, and it loops around like that few times with enemy still attacking.

I tried changing creaonfemale to 0 in configuration JSON of defeat, tried to add all creatures to disabled races list, and nothing seems to help.

Anybody got any idea?

Edit: Ok, it seems to be only a problem with Essential- On bleedout options, when I set Wound threshold the creature just kills me. But still, if there is a workaround I'd like to know it, as I preffer this option than Wound

Edited by Pierun420
14 hours ago, J suzuya said:

Can't get Multiple animations to play when defeated. I set the multiple chance to 100% and i have the animations registered which i can start with matchmaker but they just refuse to work with Defeat idk if this is just a problem for me or if everyone has this issue

The animations are probably filtered out by lack Agressive tag or other tags. In Defeat animation configuration tab press Shift+Left Click on "Require all tags" option to check which animations meet the conditions and if neccessary mark them as Agressive in SL Animation tab

7 hours ago, Pierun420 said:

The animations are probably filtered out by lack Agressive tag or other tags. In Defeat animation configuration tab press Shift+Left Click on "Require all tags" option to check which animations meet the conditions and if neccessary mark them as Agressive in SL Animation tab

Could you go a little more in depth on how to change them to aggressive? i can't figure out where to add tags to animations

13 hours ago, J suzuya said:

Could you go a little more in depth on how to change them to aggressive? i can't figure out where to add tags to animations

You go to MCM of Sexlab. Then go to Toggle Animations tab. Here you click on View option and select Aggressive Animations instead of Toggle Animations. Then you tick animations that should get Aggressive tag added.

11 hours ago, Pierun420 said:

You go to MCM of Sexlab. Then go to Toggle Animations tab. Here you click on View option and select Aggressive Animations instead of Toggle Animations. Then you tick animations that should get Aggressive tag added.

Thanks for the replies it got me on the right track but i'm pretty sure the main problem now is that Defeat just doesnt support multiple's when it comes to creature animations i guess i shouldve thought of that first but either way you were a huge help tyty

Hey after I get defeated, whether my character is assaulted or not, they have a permanent cut to their movement speed.  I know there's a post assault "Raped" debuff that damages your speed and some regenerations but even after that effect is gone I'm still stuck going at about half speed.  Anyone know why that might be happening?

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure why this is happening, but when I load 1.5 into NMM the mod doesn't show up at all. It says it was added but nothing is added to my lists. can anyone help me with this?

Ok, I figured out what was happening with the mod, it's naming itself "Sexlab Defeat Baka Patch". Is this just an error in naming or am I now suddenly missing a core mod after deleting Sexlab Defeat Baka Edition 1.4?

Edited by ImmortalDreamer27
On 1/11/2024 at 4:51 PM, ImmortalDreamer27 said:

Not sure why this is happening, but when I load 1.5 into NMM the mod doesn't show up at all. It says it was added but nothing is added to my lists. can anyone help me with this?

Ok, I figured out what was happening with the mod, it's naming itself "Sexlab Defeat Baka Patch". Is this just an error in naming or am I now suddenly missing a core mod after deleting Sexlab Defeat Baka Edition 1.4?

That's the name of the mod as written in the FOMOD installation config. 

Spoiler
<fomod>
  <Name>Sexlab Defeat Baka Patch</Name>
  <Version>1.5</Version>
  <Id></Id>
  <Author>Bakafactory</Author>
  <Description/>
</fomod>

Also, NMM is very old and abandoned by Nexus, maybe switch to a modern and supported mod manager like Mod Organizer 2 or Vortex(Nexus new Manager).

Spoiler
  • Open the 7z archive
  • Extract the files in "Sexlab Defeat Baka Base" to Skyrim\data or deployment folder(modern manager).
    • For Skyrim LE: Extract the files in "Sexlab Defeat Baka LE Base" to Skyrim\data folder
    • For SkyrimSE\AE: Extract the files in "Sexlab Defeat Baka SE Base" to Skyrim\data folder
  • Want to use DAR\OAR animations
    • Open folder "DAR Sexlab Defeat"
      • For Skyrim LE: Extract the files in "DAR Sexlab Defeat\LE DAR Defeat KnockOut" to Skyrim\data folder
      • For Skyrim SE\AE: Extract the files in "DAR Sexlab Defeat\SE DAR Defeat KnockOut" to Skyrim\data folder
  • No need for the folders FOMOD or Script Source for normal users.

Edited by safado
On 1/12/2024 at 7:58 PM, safado said:

Also, NMM is very old and abandoned by Nexus, maybe switch to a modern and supported mod manager like Mod Organizer 2 or Vortex(Nexus new Manager).

Thank you for the heads up on the name. I started to assume as much but the confirmation really helps, especially for future patches.

NMM has only been abandoned by the Nexus. It's still being worked on as an open source project by a different team. It's had frequent updates and patches. The current team has added games, fixed bugs, and added features even. Personally, I find NMM more reliable, and easy to use. I did try Vortex, but it didn't even have support for Skyrim, Oblivion, or Fallout 4/NV/3, but that was shortly after it first launched so perhaps I'm being jaded. FOMOD, I feel, is way to complicated for the casual modder. It's great for people who are good with the technical side of modding and manually patching mods (e.g. [Melodic] Amra Armor, [Melodic] Amra Armor Xtra, etc.), but if you are unsure about manual file placement then NMM is great because they place/overwrite the necessary files and let you decide which mods that might be affected by another mod/patch should be altered. NMM makes the process petty straight forward. It does, however, get tricky when trying to set up A Tale of Two Wastelands (FO NV/3). It can be made to work without issues but it's a little tricky to set up at first.