Offspring Question

I have some offspring from the mod, and have been traveling around with them. I know that the offspring eventually do grow up, but I'm wondering what is to happen when they do? Do they act like companions or do they just become NPCs that kinda go whereever. Like could I send them to the Lucky 38 and just live there? Also do I need to constantly have them in my inventory for them to grow up? Like, what would happen if I left them in a container?

3 hours ago, drunkrooster said:

I have some offspring from the mod, and have been traveling around with them. I know that the offspring eventually do grow up, but I'm wondering what is to happen when they do? Do they act like companions or do they just become NPCs that kinda go whereever. Like could I send them to the Lucky 38 and just live there? Also do I need to constantly have them in my inventory for them to grow up? Like, what would happen if I left them in a container?

You don't need to keep them in the inventory, but if you keep them in the container you'll randomly get messages in the top left, that they have grown to the next stage, and then they will try to reach you and become a follower.

The follower mechanics are really bare bones. You can't really communicate with them, or give them orders, they will just follow you and join into fights until they get killed. They aren't protected in any way.

I use SexoutOffSpring.esm  (version: august 2017,  size 645736 bytes), and offspring of my follower (Willow) has such topics as:
"Wait here"  (one of reply variants is "Looks at you with sad eyes":'(), "Follow me", "Go to the Suite at the Lucky 38" (!seems has no check for correct quest stage), "Follow me closely", "Follow me at a fair distance", "Let's see what you are carrying" etc.

What's really bad, followers children have no idea about their true parents, and all those topics rely only at player (oblivion's "hiyoko" were able to be with their mother, father and Player - provided their disposition to PC was high enough).

Spoiler

..i wrote it and now it comes to me -- what if ANY npc'childs will come follow me? :classic_confused:

8 hours ago, emo877 said:

I use SexoutOffSpring.esm  (version: august 2017,  size 645736 bytes), and offspring of my follower (Willow) has such topics as:
"Wait here"  (one of reply variants is "Looks at you with sad eyes":'(), "Follow me", "Go to the Suite at the Lucky 38" (!seems has no check for correct quest stage), "Follow me closely", "Follow me at a fair distance", "Let's see what you are carrying" etc.

What's really bad, followers children have no idea about their true parents, and all those topics rely only at player (oblivion's "hiyoko" were able to be with their mother, father and Player - provided their disposition to PC was high enough).

Reveal hidden contents

oh.. Then I haven't played Fallout New Vegas in a long time. I completely forgot about that.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...
19 hours ago, deathlyhill said:

my game still saying it cant find the esm even tho i put the 3 mods in my mod manager

"it is part of the SexoutPregnancy download", was what I was going to type, until I realised I forgot to add it to the most recent release.

It is now part of the SexoutPregnancy ESM download.

Sorry for my mistake.

4 hours ago, dborg2 said:

"it is part of the SexoutPregnancy download", was what I was going to type, until I realised I forgot to add it to the most recent release.

It is now part of the SexoutPregnancy ESM download.

Sorry for my mistake.

❤️