Weight Change - Realistic Needs and Diseases

View File

WHAT DOES THIS MOD DO?

This is an addon to Realistic Needs and Diseases (RND) by perseid9. Obviously you will need RND installed for this to work. It will change the player's body weight based on their eating habits and activities.

HOW DOES IT WORK?

This mod will start when RND starts and stop when it is stopped.

• The player's weight is restored to it's original value when it's stopped.
  • No configuration menu is added by this mod.

Weight Change RND monitors the hunger magic effects placed on the player by RND. It will also monitor how often the player is in combat, sprinting, and if the player is over encumbered. ( Player's inventory weight greater than max carry weight and the player is forced to walk ).

Generally:

• Gluttony will shift the player's weight up
  • Satiated & Peckish shift the player's weight towards their original weight.
  • Hungry will not shift the player's weight ( by itself. other activities will most likely shift weight down ).
  • Very Hungry & Starving will shift the player's weight down

combat, sprinting, and being over encumbered all contribute to shifting the player's weight down.

Weight adjustments are calculated and applied at the end of the day and is the sum of all the player's actions. e.g. If the player spends half a day with the RND Gluttony effect applied and then spends the other half with RND Starving Effect applied, the net result would be no weight change.

SOME THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND

• The weight change s limited to the in game limit of 0 to 100 of SetWeight().
  • The visual body changes are currently limited to the player's chosen body mesh.

REQUIREMENTS

Shouldn't proper eating and exercise cause the player's weight to drop? Where-as being peckish and starving should cause skill loss / stamina loss...  and general unhealthy-ness?

Not really. Under that logic all people who eat properly and exercise will continuously loose weight and never reach and maintain their ideal weight that eating properly and exercise should help them achieve. Rather than being arbitrary and determining what that ideal weight should be RND Weight sets the ideal weight as the original weight that the player decided on.

As far as applying effects that cause skill / stamina loss, I leave that to RND.

Hy , for me it does nothing, the player weight don't change  ( the dialogue tell glutted, pekish .... ) , 

i have istalled  locational damage and other combat mod  (ace byog , realising fighting  use skse ) 

someone had other problem with compatibility ?  thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hy , for me it does nothing, the player weight don't change  ( the dialogue tell glutted, pekish .... ) , 

i have istalled  locational damage and other combat mod  (ace byog , realising fighting  use skse ) 

someone had other problem with compatibility ?  thanks

It's a slow change. A few % per game day.

Also try stopping and restarting RND.

• 1 month later...

I liked the idea. But after 16 levels I haven't had a visible weight change. My sorceress (cloth only) was nearly always sprinting or fighting (dagger) and spellcasting. Never had a horse. I was starving for some days and slept and waited during this time. Checking the quest variables I saw that I lost 0.44 weight. I thought a marathon runner behaviour would make her much more slim.

As I said: I like the idea. But it needs some ways to tweek it to personal needs.

Btw: How does it affect MsLeech-Vampires if the human-vampire-option in RND is off?

• 2 months later...

Interesting mod! So far, it's effects are only apparent when you're character is undressed (even if you have armor that is weight scalable), I take it? 

If the armor scales with weight then this will too.

Most meshes available use weight to scale how muscular the npc is though.

Great job !! 

But it's possible to make it affect our followers?

(now I' m trying it  together with  alternate actors mod to see what appens :)

I liked the idea. But after 16 levels I haven't had a visible weight change. My sorceress (cloth only) was nearly always sprinting or fighting (dagger) and spellcasting. Never had a horse. I was starving for some days and slept and waited during this time. Checking the quest variables I saw that I lost 0.44 weight. I thought a marathon runner behaviour would make her much more slim.

As I said: I like the idea. But it needs some ways to tweek it to personal needs.

Btw: How does it affect MsLeech-Vampires if the human-vampire-option in RND is off?

This mod just looks for the RND hunger effects (Gluttony, Peckish, etc..) on the actor and how long they have been affecting the player. If those effects are never applied, i.e. vampires don't suffer the effects from not eating, then weight will never change.

Currently, RND hunger effects are never applied to a NPC. Using the same method for the player will not work. I could make a companion's weight loss/gain mirror the player's but it will never be independent of the player's weight gain/loss.

• 2 weeks later...

this is a good mod but to seperate muscle growth and getting fat you should take the pregnancy meshes and use the belly nodes to give the effect of gluttony. and the exercise raise the the regular body weight.

for pregnancy you should use the tbbp pregnancy sliders it can be found on this site if you google tbbp pregnancy lovers lab maybe

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Great mod, Jb. Not sure if you still want to develop this further, but I think the implementation of belly node scaling (Like in your Estrus Chaurus mod) for overeating would be great. 

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 years later...