FSM Body Textures (Redux & Extreme) - backup of deleted mods from Nexusmods

Hello everyone, after 660 downloads in 2 weeks, I would like to ask you all, please check out this thread made recently and share your opinion on the subject by replying to that thread. It's important to me and it may affect the future availability of this thread as well as the mod included in it and potentially also availability of any mod backups in the future. Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Forzue said:

I might sound stupid, but how do I use the mod? like where to place the files since I mainly use Vortex and am not experienced in manually dragging and dropping mods since idk where to put them

First make sure you have enough free space on your harddrive where the mod is being installed, because the installation process will automatically unpack the files there. Not sure about the Redux version, but Extreme version requires about 10 GB of free space, so keep that in mind and make sure you have that much space available before you start installing. As for the installation process itself, these mods contain fomod installers, that means if you're using Vortex, just drag and drop the mod file into your Vortex window and it should start installing automatically. You will know the installation started successfully when installation window appears, so wait for it.

Fantastic i am so glad i have found you again FSM i reinstalled fallout 4 and discovred no fsm textures anymore omg wtf, nexus are stupid to drive away their best modders still lovers lab is the place to be anyway, again many thanks to fsm creator's, love you being here.

On 7/2/2021 at 5:39 PM, a_robot said:

my assumption would be nexus policy. nexus is launching some kind of collections feature soon and when they do, mod authors won't be allowed delete their mods from the platform anymore.

So basically they are stealing mods yes?

• 1 month later...

I've tried to reinstall this mod in vortex. But after selecting all the options. All that happens is that Piper and Curie's bodies change. I'm using the Punch-drunk Cait mod for her body as it's the only one I know that makes her a natural red head. The unique player body stays a default cbbe body. So something isn't being overwritten?

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I am using FG and the Natasha mods for my Cait companion.

I haven't tried any body texture replacers in the 8k range yet and then I came across this thread. 

The few images I have seen are unbelievably, incredibly realistic. Very glad you guys have posted this topic and the download links.

Are there any links to info and data on using the FSM extreme mod?

I examined the contents of the zip's, and it looks like it is can replace everything from the top of the head to the toes. That kinda makes me nervous about trying to implement it as I am mid to 3\4 the way thru my first playthru.

I have had several dork ups trying to use better face textures and fought the brown face bug till I learned enough to realize all .dds files used on the face must be the same resolution and XY size. So I have my game stable with about 100 mods, and no one with brown face. 

Thanks to all of you for the info you have shared here.

I Have spent the last week trying to locate this mod and make it work with my newly installed MO2. Thank you all so much for the Files and very helpful information. You are all beautiful people and I love you. Have a very wonderful new year.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.

JP

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/11/2021 at 10:30 AM, MrFuturehope said:

Great upload, but I think it deserves its own thread. It's a whole different mod, unrelated to FSM Body Textures.

I suggest checking the rules, posting other authors mods without permission is mod theft, the mods were removed from nexus by the authors for reasons(no control of their own mods, not able to delete etc.), what you are doing here is basically the same thing

On 2/12/2022 at 5:39 PM, Sandatharius said:

Are the textures 2k or 4k?

you can choose up to 8K but yes, there are 2K and 4K versions.

15 hours ago, Dragonjoe69 said:

I suggest checking the rules, posting other authors mods without permission is mod theft, the mods were removed from nexus by the authors for reasons(no control of their own mods, not able to delete etc.), what you are doing here is basically the same thing

isn't the whole "mod theft" drama only on nexus/patreon? on lovers's guidelines there is nothing saying against it, in fact, trying to bring nexus drama to here kind of falls on rule 8, anyway since i don't want a warning it'll let this sleeping dog lie.

14 hours ago, Smellydragon said:

are the words DIRTY and CLEAN that are used in this mod's file names a code for some other meanings? 

ie., like NUDE and NOT-nude respectively?

or are there really women running around who have never had a bath in over 10 years?

No, it's that the Dirty body has dirt on it. Just like the NPCs, you'll get a body that's dirty all the time. Climbing through ruins, trudging into sewers....that's gonna make your character's skin dirty. More realistic. However, I opted for the clean skin, and use CWSS Redux - which causes your character's skin to get dirtier as time passes, and then use working showers to get clean again.

Edited by Sandatharius
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/7/2022 at 2:00 AM, Ends_and_Memes said:

Thanks to the OP for sharing and those that added additional links. I stopped modding around May of last year and recently came back to find a lot of stuff removed from the nexus.

Nexus had changed for the worse. I don't use their greedy site anymore. There are better mod pages like AFKmods.com