FSM Body Textures (Redux & Extreme) - backup of deleted mods from Nexusmods

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I decided to give Fusion Girl a try and for what i read, all CBBE textures should be compatible with FG.

But when i look at the peview in bodyslide i see cbbe working fine(left) and definite texture issues with FG(right)

Is there a quick fix or a FG version on this mod floating around somewhere i would hate to have to switch to another mod, this is by far my favorite.

image.png.5d681b8f2f3d32e16ece79f15c269776.pngimage.png.af1f2affdbf8982c24f4d0c633d8b22c.png

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 8/13/2022 at 2:46 AM, FovI said:

I decided to give Fusion Girl a try and for what i read, all CBBE textures should be compatible with FG.

But when i look at the peview in bodyslide i see cbbe working fine(left) and definite texture issues with FG(right)

Is there a quick fix or a FG version on this mod floating around somewhere i would hate to have to switch to another mod, this is by far my favorite.

image.png.5d681b8f2f3d32e16ece79f15c269776.pngimage.png.af1f2affdbf8982c24f4d0c633d8b22c.png

I guess that compatibility of certain combination doesn't necessarily guarantee 100% correct or perfect results, it just means that technically it works together, i.e. it doesn't outright break your game. These screenshots are not a sign that CBBE is 100% correct or perfect either, CBBE has its own issues which may be different and you may run into them later in the game, issues which you wouldn't run into while using Fusion Girl, because both are suitable for different purposes and it's up to you which one suits your game preferences better.

I don't want to assume what is your game style, but since you're here at Loverslab, I'd guess you're also interested in stuff like adult mods, because when it comes to non-adult mods, most of those are available elsewhere. If you studied the guide tailored around the adult mods for Fallout 4 here at Loverslab, you could easily come to a conclusion that Fusion Girl is probably the better choice of the two, for its compatibility with said adult mods as it doesn't require additional fixes which are normally "required" but in reality not recommended with some adult mods, such as kneefixes for CBBE, as well as headrear fixes, etc. It is what it is with Fusion Girl, but it's still being developed and improved, I personally like to do version upgrades time to time and so far I haven't run into visual issues that would be too invasive for immersion.

Maybe try to do version upgrades more frequently, experiment with bodyslide presets and sliders to generate your own preferred body (assuming you know how to do that), personally I like curvy body shape for my NPCs, so that's the preset I'm using, but you may like something different.

Edited by MrFuturehope
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, assassin394 said:

Anyone have the dirty version?

Probably not, if I remember correctly, there were only 3 versions in total. Two for old version (dirty and clean) and one for the newer bigger version (only clean), so there was actually never a dirty version, which I know for sure I was very interested in myself it's what it is... You could still use the dirty preset of the older version. I believe it's not possible to mix them in any way in their current state though, so you could only install one. Obviously nothing is really set in stone for modders and a skilled modder would most likely be able to upscale the older version of dirty preset to match the size of the new version and possibly even create a mix of clean and dirty presets (because yes, the game actually can use both types of textures at the same time for different types of NPCs, it was just not made that way in this particular mod originally, but I know for sure there are other skin mods which offer both dirty and clean textures although not as detailed as these peculiar FSM mods), BUT the big issue about modifying these mods is the copyright obviously. None of us is the original author of the mod, so we were not given permission for anything whatsoever, not for redistribution and certainly not for modifying, we are simply sharing the mods for preservation purposes only as we acknowledge that the mod highly popular but unfortunatenly no longer available on its original host at Nexusmods and neither is the mod author available for permission requests as they disappeared rather quickly along with the mod itself, otherwise I would have given them credit at the very least, because now all I can do is only give credit to an unknown author which is shame, it seems that good modders are very rare these days, due to changes on Nexus of late, many good modders have moved away from Nexus and quite possibly stopped modding as well.

On 4/5/2023 at 12:03 AM, MrFuturehope said:

I guess that compatibility of certain combination doesn't necessarily guarantee 100% correct or perfect results, it just means that technically it works together, i.e. it doesn't outright break your game. These screenshots are not a sign that CBBE is 100% correct or perfect either, CBBE has its own issues which may be different and you may run into them later in the game, issues which you wouldn't run into while using Fusion Girl, because both are suitable for different purposes and it's up to you which one suits your game preferences better.

I don't want to assume what is your game style, but since you're here at Loverslab, I'd guess you're also interested in stuff like adult mods, because when it comes to non-adult mods, most of those are available elsewhere. If you studied the guide tailored around the adult mods for Fallout 4 here at Loverslab, you could easily come to a conclusion that Fusion Girl is probably the better choice of the two, for its compatibility with said adult mods as it doesn't require additional fixes which are normally "required" but in reality not recommended with some adult mods, such as kneefixes for CBBE, as well as headrear fixes, etc. It is what it is with Fusion Girl, but it's still being developed and improved, I personally like to do version upgrades time to time and so far I haven't run into visual issues that would be too invasive for immersion.

Maybe try to do version upgrades more frequently, experiment with bodyslide presets and sliders to generate your own preferred body (assuming you know how to do that), personally I like curvy body shape for my NPCs, so that's the preset I'm using, but you may like something different.

yeah, thats why i wanted to switch to FG, i do use a bunch of adult mods but i guess my priority isnt with those its more an addition. CBBE simple has the most choice in clothing mods and the like, and i have the most experience with it, been using it since it came out of the original skyrim

15 hours ago, MrFuturehope said:

Probably not, if I remember correctly, there were only 3 versions in total. Two for old version (dirty and clean) and one for the newer bigger version (only clean), so there was actually never a dirty version, which I know for sure I was very interested in myself it's what it is... You could still use the dirty preset of the older version. I believe it's not possible to mix them in any way in their current state though, so you could only install one. Obviously nothing is really set in stone for modders and a skilled modder would most likely be able to upscale the older version of dirty preset to match the size of the new version and possibly even create a mix of clean and dirty presets (because yes, the game actually can use both types of textures at the same time for different types of NPCs, it was just not made that way in this particular mod originally, but I know for sure there are other skin mods which offer both dirty and clean textures although not as detailed as these peculiar FSM mods), BUT the big issue about modifying these mods is the copyright obviously. None of us is the original author of the mod, so we were not given permission for anything whatsoever, not for redistribution and certainly not for modifying, we are simply sharing the mods for preservation purposes only as we acknowledge that the mod highly popular but unfortunatenly no longer available on its original host at Nexusmods and neither is the mod author available for permission requests as they disappeared rather quickly along with the mod itself, otherwise I would have given them credit at the very least, because now all I can do is only give credit to an unknown author which is shame, it seems that good modders are very rare these days, due to changes on Nexus of late, many good modders have moved away from Nexus and quite possibly stopped modding as well.

i think with the old version you could select if raiders and the like used the dirty texture or the normal ones seperately, i probably have the old file somewhere

4 hours ago, FovI said:

i think with the old version you could select if raiders and the like used the dirty texture or the normal ones seperately, i probably have the old file somewhere

Versions me and tzenrick have uploaded here were all the available versions on Nexus before they were hidden / removed, so unless you have something different than what is already available here, there's no need to upload anything, but having several backups (in case the original link stops working for any reason) is always good.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/17/2023 at 8:46 PM, MrFuturehope said:

Versions me and tzenrick have uploaded here were all the available versions on Nexus before they were hidden / removed, so unless you have something different than what is already available here, there's no need to upload anything, but having several backups (in case the original link stops working for any reason) is always good.

oh yeah i have no idea its been like 2 years and im mostly just too lazy to delete old mods or old versions of mods i dont use anymore

8 hours ago, FovI said:

oh yeah i have no idea its been like 2 years and im mostly just too lazy to delete old mods or old versions of mods i dont use anymore

One of the advantages of being lazy - you may end up with something valuable in your collection that's no longer available anywhere else which could make you rich and famous lol :D

On 4/27/2023 at 1:42 AM, MrFuturehope said:

One of the advantages of being lazy - you may end up with something valuable in your collection that's no longer available anywhere else which could make you rich and famous lol :D

i dont know about rich or famous hahaha, i do have the most up to date pre AE USSEP update which is probably the most significant and important old mod/version of anything i have

6 hours ago, valkimedes said:

Why is so heavy? 7gb for just texture bodies?

I'm not the mod author, but the mod basically contains the textures which are made in high resolution and offers several variants which you can customize - different skins and features for different purposes. Naturally, such extent of customization wouldn't be possible without having multiple texture variants already packed in. To make it all easier for the end-user, the mod contains easy to use FOMOD installer which allows you to customize it all, because it's not one preset for everything type of mod.

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Joosh2021 said:

So the latest version of FSM can be found here?

Whether it is the latest version available or not, I don't know as I haven't found it anywhere else on the internet. Maybe I wasn't looking hard enough, but it's certainly the last version that was available on Nexusmods before it disappeared along with the mod author. I hope this clears the confusion.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys I'm gonna be honest, I don't know how to make the neck/face skin tone look the same as the rest of the body. I just get this massive cutt-off at the collar bone into a different skintone and it really bothers me. Tried looking for fixes, I can't seem to figure it out.

3 minutes ago, killerbooy123 said:

Guys I'm gonna be honest, I don't know how to make the neck/face skin tone look the same as the rest of the body. I just get this massive cutt-off at the collar bone into a different skintone and it really bothers me. Tried looking for fixes, I can't seem to figure it out.

Are you using any custom face texture mods? Some mod combinations just don't work that well. Sometimes I see slight differences in colors too, but I don't care that much even though I usually am a perfectionist, but this is Fallout, it's never going to be a perfect game lol.

11 hours ago, MrFuturehope said:

Are you using any custom face texture mods? Some mod combinations just don't work that well. Sometimes I see slight differences in colors too, but I don't care that much even though I usually am a perfectionist, but this is Fallout, it's never going to be a perfect game lol.

I can't find any Fo$ skins that do not have a mismatch between face and body. Pretty much as soon as you put any mod in that affects the face, e.g. makeup etc, face and body skin will mis-match.

As the overhaul is on the way for FO4, I am waiting til that lands, see how much mods get messed up and what fixes come along...

5 hours ago, ebbluminous said:

I can't find any Fo$ skins that do not have a mismatch between face and body. Pretty much as soon as you put any mod in that affects the face, e.g. makeup etc, face and body skin will mis-match.

As the overhaul is on the way for FO4, I am waiting til that lands, see how much mods get messed up and what fixes come along...

Well, I don't expect much from the update to the FO4. It was supposed to be a free update for everyone right? If they wanted to do a full remaster, they would have gone the Skyrim way with multiple versions, but so far it doesn't seem like that will be the case here.