20 minutes ago, AyseYenilmaz said:

But my main issue right now is, that my pipboy disappeared

player.equipitem 21b3b

or toss the attached in your Fallout4 folder and type:

bat pip

As for the "suggested" mods, If you have Easy Girl then you need the bodyslide files to go with it so you can build them in Outfit Studio.

Personally, I wouldn't install any skin mod unless you actually want to use it. Otherwise, it messes with things you probably don't want messed with. Found that the hard way... fucking eeeewwwww! LOL!

I also just swapped out the looks on several of the NPC's. That way they look good and no "extra" stuff is required. But it's just personal preference!

pip.txt

Edited by izzyknows
3 hours ago, valcon767 said:

which version are you on?

and have you checked by Drumlin Diner for Charon (protectron in a hat)?

if Charon is not there the whole mod is shutdown, but if he is there that means you have a mod that is causing the alternate route to not be available.

another thing is where are you when you get that notice? (pre-war Sanctuary?? post war Sanctuary??)

i installed NR (6.61h) and got the same message but Charon was at Drumlin Diner. location was Post-war Sanctuary. Duke (yellow eyebot) did find me.

tried again with game saved inside Vault 111, and did not get that message.  i just literally walked the savegame from Post-war Sanctuary

to Vault 111 went inside and saved there, then installed NR (6.61h) and did not get the message and do have the alternate path (am playing it now).

if you are getting this message in Pre-war Sanctuary something you can try is to not install/activate NR until you have left Vault 111, turn right around

and re-enter Vault 111 and save there, then install NR and see if that works.

@valcon767
1) 6.6.1h, message appears as soon as you leave the shelter.
2) Yeah, I checked, it's not there.
3)Post War
4)In general, I'd rather wait for patches, the problem will probably be solved.

Edited by holp31pro
1 hour ago, holp31pro said:

4)In general, I'd rather wait for patches, the problem will probably be solved.

Only IF you know what mod is causing the issue, even then, the mod might not be a patch candidate and just needs disabled while playing NR.

So... figure out what mod is causing the compatibility issue and disable it to verify.

I'd start with making sure you have the required mods installed & working, then look at anything that changes NPC's, then anything that changes Nuka World.

7 hours ago, holp31pro said:

When I start a new game Nuka Ride writes that I can not start the "Main Quest" and ends the mod.... I put the mod at the very end of the list of mods, but it did not solve the problem, and in the MCM function "Find conflicting mods" did not find anything.... What to do?

1-You have too many mods or too many script-intensive mods. 
2-My suggestion is to use a vanilla save, without mods (or at least only with "SKK Fast Start"), and save when you are out of the Vault. It really is the best way to play with mods. 

That'll be the save you should use to start any game with mods. 

17 hours ago, izzyknows said:

Then you have a mod that is effecting the NW NPC's. He's flagged as Unique, Protected, Doesn't bleed and Invulnerable, so Colter cannot be killed otherwise.

Normally... that is!

What's strange is that the few times I have gone through NR, this is the only time it has happened. Didn't know they were flagged that way. I do have Commonwealth Captives, that allows you to change the status of NPCs you rescue, but I don't think that is the cause. The only other mods I have that affect NPCs ares ones that give my followers unlimited ammo for the weapon they are using, and one that eliminates any fall damage they may incur.

@JB. and everyone.

My question is, how will the upcoming update affect NR?

I blocked Steam from auto updates yesterday but wanted to know if that was what you recommend.

Like stay here on this Version and wait to see if it "screws the pooch" like they did with Skyrim SE.

For those of you, like myself who did not know how to block Auto-Updates, vid linked below.

Thanks for entertaining my stupid questions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8F4dQ_QF48

Edited by Raven 54
20 minutes ago, Raven 54 said:

@JB. and everyone.

I blocked Steam from auto updates yesterday but wanted to know if that was what you recommend.

Like stay here on this Version and wait to see if it "screws the pooch" like they did with Skyrim SE.

For those of you, like myself who did not know how to block Auto-Updates, vid linked below.

It will probably be like skyrim. Most folks will stay on this version for a long time till mods etc catch up then people will slowly upgrade. The biggest problem usually is the script extender and the amount of mods needing it. So if that stays outdated mods will struggle. But then we also have address library that helps with that. I see a 50/50 chance for problems depending on the amount of changes in new updates.

39 minutes ago, osculim said:

It will probably be like skyrim. Most folks will stay on this version for a long time till mods etc catch up then people will slowly upgrade. The biggest problem usually is the script extender and the amount of mods needing it. So if that stays outdated mods will struggle. But then we also have address library that helps with that. I see a 50/50 chance for problems depending on the amount of changes in new updates.

Have you watched any vids about it?? I have.   

Explosion Boom GIF - Explosion Boom Explode GIFs

16 hours ago, izzyknows said:

player.equipitem 21b3b

or toss the attached in your Fallout4 folder and type:

bat pip

As for the "suggested" mods, If you have Easy Girl then you need the bodyslide files to go with it so you can build them in Outfit Studio.

Personally, I wouldn't install any skin mod unless you actually want to use it. Otherwise, it messes with things you probably don't want messed with. Found that the hard way... fucking eeeewwwww! LOL!

I also just swapped out the looks on several of the NPC's. That way they look good and no "extra" stuff is required. But it's just personal preference!

pip.txt 22 B · 1 download

Thank you so much! It helped, the pipboy is back.

As for the other problems: I disabled the Easy Girl stuff again, the skins also. Looks okay now again. Only thing when I use the nail polish my boss gave me (in my apartment), the bones of my thumbs turn pink too. But hey, I got my own fancy nails anyway. ;)  BUT: since I downloaded the Nuka Ride 6.6 and all the other files that come with it, the game keeps crashing. Some animations are "not found", I got "equip failures", sometimes two different animations/scenes are played at the same time and yeah, lots of times the screen turns black. I thought it might be the mod order, but no matter how I arrange it, the bugs still bug me... :) Any suggestions?

2 hours ago, Raven 54 said:

@JB. and everyone.

I blocked the updates loooong ago for all my games on Steam.

For Fallout 4 I suggest the backup tool by CDante. You can do it manually too. But either way, back yo shite up!

You can also restore an older version from Steam, but a much more pia.

Now, should you block updates... that's a question even a molerat doesn't have to think about. Hell YES you should!

Bugthesda has never been known as highly skilled or even knowledgeable folks. The community has fixed shite they said couldn't be fixed.

When and update occurs, just wait and watch... once the smoke clears and the community has fixed their fuckups.. then.. "think" about updating.

But whatever you do... do it with eyes wide open.

1 hour ago, AyseYenilmaz said:

Thank you so much! It helped, the pipboy is back.

As for the other problems: I disabled the Easy Girl stuff again, the skins also. Looks okay now again. Only thing when I use the nail polish my boss gave me (in my apartment), the bones of my thumbs turn pink too. But hey, I got my own fancy nails anyway. ;)  BUT: since I downloaded the Nuka Ride 6.6 and all the other files that come with it, the game keeps crashing. Some animations are "not found", I got "equip failures", sometimes two different animations/scenes are played at the same time and yeah, lots of times the screen turns black. I thought it might be the mod order, but no matter how I arrange it, the bugs still bug me... :) Any suggestions?

I'd suggest getting AAF setup and running correctly by following the Fucking Manual. It will take some time, but in the end is well worth it. That will solve a lot of your issues.

Then, always choose to install the NR Source code. It says for modders... but just do it. It's auto checked anyway.

@JB.
What was the xml edit to to get the lesbian chair scene to work with Pastor Clements? I went totally brain dead... again.  6.6h didn't have the edit.

It was just super simple.

2 hours ago, Raven 54 said:

Have you watched any vids about it?? I have.   

Explosion Boom GIF - Explosion Boom Explode GIFs

I have seen a few nothing major. But yeah Todd likes screwing us with updates so I am not taking any chances lol

43 minutes ago, izzyknows said:

What was the xml edit to to get the lesbian chair scene to work with Pastor Clements? I went totally brain dead... again.  6.6h didn't have the edit.

It was just super simple.

The chair used is "NpcChairPlayerHouseRuinKitchenSit01". This is listed as "Seat" in the Savage Cabbage furniture. 

So in "NukaRide_PositionData.xml" you have to add "Seat" in the location. 

image.png.169349708938f59aa03388af074deb67.png

26 minutes ago, JB. said:

So in "NukaRide_PositionData.xml" you have to add "Seat" in the location. 

Well... my bad 6.6h does have that edit! I assumed it didn't since the animation failed like before that tweak. Sorry about that!

2 hours ago, izzyknows said:

I'd suggest getting AAF setup and running correctly by following the Fucking Manual. It will take some time, but in the end is well worth it. That will solve a lot of your issues.

Then, always choose to install the NR Source code. It says for modders... but just do it. It's auto checked anyway.

Thanks again for the tipp Izzy. The Manual is kind of my bible for the last month, without it, the game still wouldn't be running. :) Guess I have downloaded and installed all the mods Saya lists there, and I wasn't missing any masters untill I downloaded the new NR with all the suggested mods. Now MO2 tells me this: Screenshot2024-03-27164649.png.9a365b1f86c1ee4a2ee7b8154c351248.png

issue report

playing NR 6.61h alternate path (virgin + pup route) and only 6.61h has been installed this game.

last night i ran into a CTD, at a very specific point.

Crush of Steel (yes i have the special armor)

at the Ryder battle if i go guns it works fine.

if i talk him to get the "peacfful" battle it give me a CTD as he is getting out of his power armor.

talk goes fine until Ryder goes to leave his power armor.  the animation of him getting out starts and CTD.

reloaded and tried to use console to make him get out of it and same results.

reloaded and went to Commonwealth to check if it was all or just him and i can get into and out power armor fine,

used slave have i have tending crops at sanctuary and she can get into and out of power armor fine.

did sqv _NR_Crush (pic below) and checked that all references are filled (they are).

Spoiler

image.jpeg.bd86e51238f9ffe5f8e91acdc5a64f3b.jpeg

was able to continue by using setstage (first to 550 for special battle, then 700) and in continues as it should so far.

(talked to everyone, slept in bar, talked to Patti in morning and that is where i am at now).

not sure if this is my game being stupid or if anyone else has had this issue so reporting it.

time for work so will check back after i get home.

thank you for the great mod JB.

26 minutes ago, JB. said:

Most likely, the special dialogue camera causes the CTD. You can disable it in the vanilla menu of Fallout. 

But, boy, the camera is part of the charm.

There were many reports of CTD with the farm camera. When I looked at it in depth, it was because my CWSS patch did not have the pre-combines updated. It was throwing a lot of errors. 

Once I fixed that there were no more CTD reports. 

So my suggestion is to see if you have a mod that changes the precombines? PRP maybe? Or the one that adds a bunch of pines? 

I have that one ("Another Pine Forest") + NW patch by Izzy but, huh, it goes really fine. 

He could also have something that affects the animations of the powerarmor. Like power armor animation changes.

1 hour ago, osculim said:

He could also have something that affects the animations of the powerarmor. Like power armor animation changes.

lol I'm clueless, I missed the powearmor thing. Yeah that's definitely vanilla, there must be some mod related to that or the races. I know when you get out of power armor the game does a race change. A buffout report would help. 

2 hours ago, valcon767 said:

talk goes fine until Ryder goes to leave his power armor.

Before talking to him at all remove ALL his clothing & armor. So you can rule out a corrupt outfit.

You'll probably have to add the keyword Addkeyword ShowWornItemsKeyword so you can see what he's wearing.

Leave the PA stuff, just grabbed the other stuff.

Then.. IF it still CTD, you have an animation and or race issue.

It's CTD at the moment of the race change, Powerarmor race back to Human race.

On a side note, I just finished that, and when Ryder got out of the armor somehow, my PC started spewing the dialogue from a BOS. "Had to sign a nondisclosure ... Want to come back as a civilian....." Although funny, I just blew his head off and carried on. Fuck the Hub.. right! 😈

15 hours ago, izzyknows said:

Before talking to him at all remove ALL his clothing & armor. So you can rule out a corrupt outfit.

You'll probably have to add the keyword Addkeyword ShowWornItemsKeyword so you can see what he's wearing.

Leave the PA stuff, just grabbed the other stuff.

Then.. IF it still CTD, you have an animation and or race issue.

It's CTD at the moment of the race change, Powerarmor race back to Human race.

On a side note, I just finished that, and when Ryder got out of the armor somehow, my PC started spewing the dialogue from a BOS. "Had to sign a nondisclosure ... Want to come back as a civilian....." Although funny, I just blew his head off and carried on. Fuck the Hub.. right! 😈

ok well now i know it is either a race or animation issue.

i had actually tried having him selected in console and used "removeallitems 14" command which did give me all his stuff.

it left him in the base power armor and it still did the CTD when he tried to leave it

i had also tried "Actor.SwitchToPowerArmor None" and he tried to leave power armor, animation started and CTD.

as far as i know i do not have any mod that affects the Vanilla/DLC power armors, though i do have NAVI and Angeli.

hmm i will have to try removing them from LO to test and see if one of them is the issue, and will report what i find out.

edit

checked and last crash log i have is dated 2-25-2024, so went in game and went through the dialogue again and got the CTD.

checked and no new crash log (and yes i have Buffout installed).  weird

if i knew a way to make it crash somewhere else i would at this point just to make sure it is still making the crash log like it is supposed to.

end edit

edit 2 

if i use recycleactor on Ryder he is out of power armor (and over by the shovel museum) and i get the full battle

if i use the moveto command (on him or me) to bring us together.

not sure how the information helps but at least i can do the actual battle.

end edit

Edited by valcon767

I have a problem with some outfits. Only a few, but it's really annoying. The outfits are way too big in game, but in bodyslide they look fine. Also, anything I do in bodyslide to the outfits, doesn't really have any effect in game. I'm using CBBE.

Hey, can I ask if anyone else has commented about having issues with AAF scenes, especially involving furniture? Most of the time everything works as intended but I'm finding that quite a few times, the characters just seem to get stuck in the middle of settees & the scene doesn't play. I also found a similar issue with the gorilla scene in the zoo & the mirelurk king too. I have the latest Savage Cabbage pack so any ideas how to sort it? Cheers