Thief - NPC Overhaul

Changes appearance of NPCs in the mod "THIEF(SSE VERSION)

Fully supporting only SSE version. As I'm testing on SSE.

Don't have LE anymore, can't test. If you want to convert, please feel free to do it.

NO REQUIREMENTS. NO ESP.

Only meshes and textures folders. NIFs and DDS files.

Around 190+ NPCs meshes changed, plus exported and edited some high quality TintMasks. 

But mostly I edit meshes.

If you don't like somebody, find Base ID (00XXXXXX) of the NPC (SSEEdit)
and delete:

00XXXXXX.nif from meshes folder

meshes\Actors\Character\facegendata\facegeom\dogma - thief.esp

and 00XXXXXX.dds from textures folder

textures\actors\character\facegendata\facetint\dogma - thief.esp

Installation:

• Extract the archive in the Skyrim Data folder. Loose files, so better use any Mod Manager. 

Uninstalling:

• Completely safe to install and uninstall midgame as it has no esp. Use any mod manager. Delete my meshes and textures folders from Data.

Mod Structure:

• Meshes\Actors\Character\Facegendata\FaceGeom\Dogma - thief.esp
  • Textures\Actors\Character\Facegendata\FaceTint\Dogma - thief.esp
  • Textures\DGMThief

Addons:

Thief - RS Children Patch

remakes all children in thief like RS, children in Silver Grove, plus heroine's kids in different endings

You need original RS Children mod. 

Changelog:

1.4:

- more changes to Dragon Bridge NPCs and after pregnancy endings NPCs
- Everything now for Thief SSE v1.4.2

1.3: 
- Edited some NPCs from the latest update

- Fixed two broken NPCs in Falkreath

UNRELATED TO THIS MOD, INFO ABOUT ACHIEVEMENTS:

? ALL ACHIEVEMENTS IN ORDER:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WcYCI9WkQKfG1ysR8Is21kN13NxQlIYo/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=113349639926774196258&rtpof=true&sd=true

There's a great guide already, but now the achievements have different names, plus they're not shown in order, which makes it harder to check.

Dotted line means you can get one or the other.

Edited scripts for version 1.4.2 SE - Mega (in guide, where my fix mentioned, it means this script edits)

Nothing is touched in those scripts, only possibility of getting achievement, where it makes sense. Check txt. 

Screenshots of all achievements in order - Mega (missing only Cow on ###### and some sexret ones, check google docs above for that)

The sheet was made for myself to track progress better. Decided to share, if it can be of use. 

If you can help with sexret ones, please comment:

Swindler
No surprises
Long Farewell - I know it long farewell scene with Lod, but I can't get it show, pls comment, if you have instructions

Friendly Fire

Suck up

Now I know

Interrupted Party

Credits:

Thief

KS Hairdos

SC - KS Hairdos Retextured
Maevan2's Eye Brows
Brows

Eye and Dirt Overlays

The Witcher 3 Eyes

Kala's Eyes

LiEyes

Iridium Eyes

Pocky's Quirk Eyes

El's Face Stuff

Bijin Skin

High Resolution Scars

Fair Skin Complexion
Pandorable Males

Pandorable Elisif

XCE - Warpaint and Dirt
Kalies's Narri

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    06/23/2021
  • Category
  • Requires
    Thief SSE
  • Regular Edition Compatible
    No

1 hour ago, nomkaz said:

A far as I can see, there is no SE version of Thief. If it's not on the main page, perhaps it would help to link directly to it?

There's a SSE version of thief on the main page, download 1.00.6.TXT. There're links to download Eng SSE 1.00.8 version on mega and google drives inside. Or you can download Brewmasterhal's edited version too (here's his post). Both have SSE versions. I also converted LE version through Cathedral Assets Optimizer - download here. But I don't have LE version anymore, so I can't test, sorry. 

Edited by nerjaveika
2 hours ago, nerjaveika said:

There's a SSE version of thief on the main page, download 1.00.6.TXT. There're links to download Eng SSE 1.00.8 version on mega and google drives inside. Or you can download Brewmasterhal's edited version too (here's his post). Both have SSE versions. I also converted LE version through Cathedral Assets Optimizer - download here. But I don't have LE version anymore, so I can't test, sorry. 

I did finally find it, but a direct link to the Mega download would be more accessible, since the download file doesn't say which one links to the SE version. 

There's a dll file that needs converted for the SE version is SKSE and MFIG, so running it through CAO, still leaves the the LE DLL so the game won't load at all with the LE dll. (I tried that myself ;p ) 

But thank you for your NPC overhaul, it's something a LOT of L.L. mods need, and it's jarring when you have mods like Bijin, etc, for the vanilla npcs, then an npc from the L.L. mod is standing their in all their potato glory. ;p

1 hour ago, nomkaz said:

I did finally find it, but a direct link to the Mega download would be more accessible, since the download file doesn't say which one links to the SE version. 

There's a dll file that needs converted for the SE version is SKSE and MFIG, so running it through CAO, still leaves the the LE DLL so the game won't load at all with the LE dll. (I tried that myself ?

You just need to download MFG fix for SE, it does what that dll is supposed to do, you don't need that dll.

11 minutes ago, Highborn said:

You just need to download MFG fix for SE, it does what that dll is supposed to do, you don't need that dll.

The SE Version from the author doesn't have the dll at all. Which makes converting it a moot point. The LE version said it needed MFG fix and had the dll, so I'm wondering why the dll was in the mod at all.

14 minutes ago, nomkaz said:

The SE Version from the author doesn't have the dll at all. Which makes converting it a moot point. The LE version said it needed MFG fix and had the dll, so I'm wondering why the dll was in the mod at all.

It's because the dll is from MFG Console, from LE. He can't convert it for SE, so he took it away and told people to download MFG fix as a requirement.

He could have removed MFG Console from the LE version as well and asked to use MFG Console as a requirement, but he decided to pack it in the mod.

I played whole mod on SSE, no issues. Better start separate game anyways for this mod, or make separate save before installing, so you can roll back on original gameplay. All I'm saying it works fine on SSE with the file on main page or with Brewmasterhal's fixes on 254 page

Edited by nerjaveika
10 hours ago, Highborn said:

It's because the dll is from MFG Console, from LE. He can't convert it for SE, so he took it away and told people to download MFG fix as a requirement.

He could have removed MFG Console from the LE version as well and asked to use MFG Console as a requirement, but he decided to pack it in the mod.

AH.....   MFG Console is a "must have" imo, so everyone should have it anyway. I'd make it a requirement if my mod used it, but not all modders have the same opinions about stuff, so I was just wondering, not bitching. ;p

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/31/2023 at 3:29 AM, Highborn said:

I'm having a color mismatch with Hokki's face being in a different tone than the rest of his body.

Sorry for late answer...

I don't have the problem on my end, just checked

Do you mean naked Hokki (in hot springs) or the one that's dressed later? ('cause that's two dif npcs in nifs)
Can you pls try deleting these .dds from textures folder and say if the problem persists?
008D47B4 - after hot springs
0002528c - in hot spring

59 minutes ago, nerjaveika said:

Sorry for late answer...

I don't have the problem on my end, just checked

Do you mean naked Hokki (in hot springs) or the one that's dressed later? ('cause that's two dif npcs in nifs)
Can you pls try deleting these .dds from textures folder and say if the problem persists?
008D47B4 - after hot springs
0002528c - in hot spring

It was the one from that hot springs, but I managed to fix it, I just don't remember exactly what textures I changed. Thing is, I already uninstalled Thief, so maybe on next update it will be fine.

Btw, your mod made me notice that, like, 90% of the characters have black hair. I wonder if it was intentional or Dogma simply didn't care to give more variety. I'd expect him to add more blondes and redheads since most of the characters are Nord. Maybe it's something you'd be interested to apply on future updates.

19 hours ago, Highborn said:

Btw, your mod made me notice that, like, 90% of the characters have black hair. I wonder if it was intentional or Dogma simply didn't care to give more variety. I'd expect him to add more blondes and redheads since most of the characters are Nord. Maybe it's something you'd be interested to apply on future updates.

Never really noticed that before, but I started new playthrough not long ago, I'll pay attention that this ))

• 9 months later...