Crash at main menu before logos

1 hour ago, awesomeness013 said:

modlist: https://paste.c-net.org/ReservedSwish

netscriptframework crash log: https://paste.c-net.org/BleedingStylish

Help greatly appreciated! Game worked fine yesterday, was playing around in creation kit (didnt even save anything) and now all of a sudden its borked.

If you're absolutely sure that you haven't made any change to your load order then your best course of action is to "Restart" your computer.

10 hours ago, awesomeness013 said:

modlist: https://paste.c-net.org/ReservedSwish

netscriptframework crash log: https://paste.c-net.org/BleedingStylish

Help greatly appreciated! Game worked fine yesterday, was playing around in creation kit (didnt even save anything) and now all of a sudden its borked.

First, it's weird that USLEEP is using for SE because this is tech support for LE.
Second, USLEEP is no longer USKP, which means all 3 DLC esm are required.
So 3 master files are missing in your load order.

• Dawnguard.esm
  • HearthFires.esm
  • Dragonborn.esm

I have no idea whether Update.esm also exists for SE. If so, this master file is also missing.

11 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

In the history of stupid advice that has to be right up there.

Well, as somebody's already posted above, he (the OP) is missing all of his main .esm files. Now, lemme ask you. Who in their right mind would do that, seriously? "Heey, I'll stop playing Skyrim for tonight but before I head to bed, let me DELETE all of the main MASTER FILES that COME WITH THE ORIGINAL GAME first!" Note that I said "Delete" not "Disable in MO" as MO doesn't allow you to disable those masters. The only way that MO can't find those master esms is either "Human Error" or "Machine Error". He said that the game worked fine the previous day and all of the sudden, CTD. That's why I suspect that it's Windows that's messing up MO's virtual folder system in which case, a system reboot should do the trick.

I'm neither the guy who made Windows nor the guy who made MO so don't take my words for it. It's just that this same situation has happened to me before not once, not twice but thrice. The first time panicked the hell out of me. The second time, I kept my finger crossed hoping it would work. The third time, I considered it a small hindrance.

# This file was automatically generated by Mod Organizer.
*Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp
8 minutes ago, Potato_Skill said:

Well, as somebody's already posted above, he (the OP) is missing all of his main .esm files

Where are they missing?

Andy seems to be saying that the DLCs are missing. I've no idea why he is saying this or why he brought USLEEP and UKSP into it when the OP is clearly running SE.

Why would Windows do anything to MO when MO would be closed down before the computer is turned off and MO would not be open when the computer is booting up?

There is something seriously wrong with either your computer or your Skyrim installation (or possibly both) if you have to restart your computer on a regular basis.

6 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

*Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp

Where are they missing?

Andy seems to be saying that the DLCs are missing. I've no idea why he is saying this or why he brought USLEEP and UKSP into it when the OP is clearly running SE.

Why would Windows do anything to MO when MO would be closed down before the computer is turned off and MO would not be open when the computer is booting up?

There is something seriously wrong with either your computer or your Skyrim installation (or possibly both) if you have to restart your computer on a regular basis.

Check his load order, buddy. Notice that the first thing on the list is the Unofficial patch? It should not be like that, ya know? Andy said the DLCs are missing. Correct, but you should also see that the Skyrim.esm and Update.esm are missing, too. In other word, all of the main master files from the "original folder" of the game. MO can't find the path to the original folder of the game. It doesn't matter in this case which Skyrim he's using or which mod he's running because

Game worked fine yesterday, was playing around in creation kit (didnt even save anything) and now all of a sudden its borked.

This sentence means that even if he's been using the wrong mod for the wrong game all this time, it's still working. At least, it had worked until the moment he made this post asking for support.

As for your question, MO is made possible with virtual folder system, this I believe you know already. It could be that at the same moment, something running in the background was also using the same system and Windows decided that it should take priority over MO. To be honest, I don't know, I said that already. The reason behind it could be something else entirely. Rebooting the system is just happen to be the method that works for me. And no, I don't have to restart my system on my daily use. This situation is very rare, it's only happened to me three times (thrice).

4 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

This is because in the plugins.txt usually the esm of the main game and the DLC's are listed. It could of course be that MO doesn't do this (which would be a mistake by MO). I don't use MO.

1 hour ago, Andy14 said:

This is because in the plugins.txt usually the esm of the main game and the DLC's are listed. It could of course be that MO doesn't do this (which would be a mistake by MO). I don't use MO.

I can confirm that my plugins.txt file in my Mod Organizer profile for Skyrim LE does indeed list the expansions by default.

Spoiler

Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Dawnguard.esm
HearthFires.esm
Dragonborn.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp

etc. etc. etc.

1 hour ago, Marg597 said:

I can confirm that my plugins.txt file in my Mod Organizer profile for Skyrim LE does indeed list the expansions by default.

Reveal hidden contents

Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Dawnguard.esm
HearthFires.esm
Dragonborn.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp

etc. etc. etc.

Thank you for the information.?

I didn't know for MO, so I only suspected that the esm were missing.

4 hours ago, Andy14 said:

It could of course be that MO doesn't do this (which would be a mistake by MO). I don't use MO.

I assumed it was just an MO thing but apparently not.

So this bring us to:

On 6/10/2021 at 3:46 AM, awesomeness013 said:

was playing around in creation kit

8 hours ago, Potato_Skill said:

Check his load order, buddy.

I did. That is how I knew the OP was running SE.

MO can't find the path to the original folder of the game.

That may well be the problem.

And no, I don't have to restart my system on my daily use. This situation is very rare, it's only happened to me three times (thrice)

And that is three times more than anyone else I have ever heard of.

3 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

So...?

That may well be the problem.

So...? Any suggestion?

And that is three times more than anyone else I have ever heard of.

So...?

Screw it. Say what ever you want. Stupid or not, "Restart the computer", that's my solution/suggestion. I came here to help, not to argue with a random guy; this is a support thread after all. Just because you failed to (or refused to) see the reason behind an action, it doesn't mean that that action is stupid. Please, keep a nice image of yourself.

So...?

I did "check his load order, buddy". Try and keep up.

So...? Any suggestion?

Yes.

1. Don't play around in the CK.

2. Assume you (the OP) have cocked up.

3. Check that your mod manager is looking in the correct place for the correct files.

4. Check that those files are actually where they are supposed to be.

So...? Found anyone else who recommends restarting their computer as a first step in troubleshooting?

6 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

Then you might have noticed that neither the Skyrim nor the DLC esm's are listed there.

And whether or not he uses the Creation Kit is his own business.
He's been a member here for 7 years and this is his first post.
So one can assume that he knows what he is doing.
Indeed, due to the index and the load on the drive, it may appear that files do not exist. So restarting Windows is not wrong, and most importantly, it doesn't do any harm.

2 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

1. Don't play around in the CK.

2. Assume you (the OP) have cocked up.

3. Check that your mod manager is looking in the correct place for the correct files.

4. Check that those files are actually where they are supposed to be.

1. That does not concern you.

2. Of course he did. But only you. lol

3. Let me guess. MO looks into the Skyrim data and gets all mods and then MO looks into music folder and looks for the main files.
    Or were the mods in the music folder? It doesn't matter, it sounds logical in any case.

4. The first and only reasonable sentence. See also above for apparently nonexistent files.

@awesomeness013
If the Creation Kit broke your files (esm), let Steam check your files. Works with legal Skyrim without any problems.

17 hours ago, Andy14 said:

2. Of course he did. But only you. lol

Grammatically, the second sentence doesn't make any sense.

3. Let me guess. MO looks into the Skyrim data and gets all mods and then MO looks into music folder and looks for the main files.

I meant to make sure that MO was pointing at the correct location.

It doesn't matter, it sounds logical in any case.

It would be logical to anyone who was not in such a rush to try to score Brownie points off me.

4. The first and only reasonable sentence.

And is related to the comment about making sure MO is looking in the right place.

Then you might have noticed that neither the Skyrim nor the DLC esm's are listed there.

And I explained in a previous post that I assumed it was an MO thing but you hadn't the wit to read it.

So restarting Windows is not wrong, and most importantly, it doesn't do any harm.

Hopping three times on your left foot wont do any harm either. Anyone with any sense would assume that the OP would have turned off the computer the night before and booted it up the following day.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/11/2021 at 8:52 AM, Potato_Skill said:

So...?

So...? Any suggestion?

So...?

Screw it. Say what ever you want. Stupid or not, "Restart the computer", that's my solution/suggestion. I came here to help, not to argue with a random guy; this is a support thread after all. Just because you failed to (or refused to) see the reason behind an action, it doesn't mean that that action is stupid. Please, keep a nice image of yourself.

I know its a little late but i just want to justify you and say that I did simply need to restart my pc.