True Form Curse

“By night one way, by day another.” The Curse changes your body through the day cycle.

WARNING: ‘skee preset-load’ is often unable to restore the head correctly and meshes and textures are wrong and they get really awful at times. If sex and race are not changed, the problem gets minimized. One workaround is to run showracemenu once or twice to reapply sex, race, and preset by hand. Maybe another is to save, exit and reload. USE AT YOUR OWN... TEDIOUSNESS.

"Once upon a time, there was a lovely princess. But she had an enchantment upon her of a fearful sort, which could only be broken by love's first kiss. She was locked away in a castle, guarded by a terrible fire-breathing dragon. [...] She waited in the dragon's keep, in the highest room of the tallest tower, for her true love and true love's first kiss."

"By night one way, by day another. This shall be the norm, until you find true love's first kiss, and then take love's true form."

The player character has one true physical form and one or more cursed ones. At dusk there is a chance they turn into one of the Cursed Forms, and at dawn there is a chance they recover the True Form. Every one of these forms has sex, race, and other parameters, and all these settings are changed every time the character turns.

A female nord could turn into a female orc (or ogre, ha!) and back i.e. Personally I prefer the True Form to be male and the cursed ones to be weaker females of different races, i.e.

The change is merely cosmetic and relies on other mods to make sexes and races differ in gameplay. I can recommend these:

Turnings are delayed until:

• The character is out of combat.
  • With OStim:
    • The character is not in animation.
  • With SexLab:
    • The character is not in animation.

Turnings can exclude some forms:

• By locking manually a sex, the character will not turn into the opposite sex.

Turnings follow these actions in order:

1.  A notification is shown:
    1. “I feel the Curse is perverting my body...”
    2. “I feel the Curse is restoring my body...”
  2. A few seconds are given as a delay.
  3. Some items are unequipped:
    1. The four main slots: head, body, hands, and feet.
    2. The standard keywords: ArmorLight, ArmorHeavy, ArmorBoots, ArmorCuirass, ArmorGauntlets, ArmorHelmet, ClothingHead, ClothingBody, ClothingHands, ClothingFeet.
    3. The special keywords: OnlyMale (if needed), OnlyFemale (if needed).
  4. The sex is changed.
  5. The race is changed, preserving the vampire subrace:
    1. For custom races you need to set the race names up:
      1. You can find them in the console in game.
      2. You can find them with SSEEdit looking at 'EDID - Editor Id'.
      3. You may find them in a .ini file of the custom race mod.
  6. The scale is changed.
  7. With RaceMenu:
    1. A RaceMenu preset is loaded.
  8. With SexLab Aroused:
    1. Exposure is increased.

Technical Details:

• Sex is changed with the console command 'sexchange'.
  • Race is changed with the papyrus function SetRace() or else with the console command 'setrace'.
  • Scale is changed with the console command 'setscale'.
  • RaceMenu presets are applied with the RaceMenu console command 'skee preset-load'.

Mandatory Dependencies, Requirements:

• SKSE.
  • ConsoleUtilSSE.
  • SkyUI.

Optional Dependencies:

• RaceMenu.
  • OStim.
  • SexLab.
  • SexLab Aroused.

Compatibility:

• The script runs at the given times and then remains idle.
  • No vanilla records were harmed in the making of this mod.
  • Mods designed for only male or only female players are probably incompatible.
  • Mods that assume the PC sex does not change and can be configured exclusively for male or for female players at a time are probably incompatible.
  • Quests that assume the PC sex does not change are probably incompatible.
  • The mods listed below lack the proposed integrations.
  • True Form Curse must be loaded before Serana Dialogue Add-On (SDA) if OStim is not installed. The same applies to Fertility mode OStim patch. And probably other mods that depend on OStim. Reason unknown.

Updates:
I'm using Semantic Versioning, so given a version number MAJOR.MINOR.PATCH, an increment in the:

• MAJOR version means incompatible changes (new game is mandatory),
  • MINOR version means backwards compatible added functionality (hopefully, I am not an expert at papyrus... yet),
  • PATCH version means backwards compatible bug fixes (hopefully again).

Thanks, Credits:

• Mr Octopus from OStim Discord.
  • Ashen from r/skyrimmods.
  • Aix from r/skyrimmods.
  • Nem from OStim Discord.
  • PhantomX from LoversLab.
  • thekitchensinc from LoversLab.
  • WiseOldKhajiit from LoversLab.
  • Makers of Skyrim, CreationKit, SSEEdit, MO2...
  • Makers of SKSE, ConsoleUtilSSE, SkyUI, RaceMenu...
  • Makers of OSA, OSex, OStim, SexLab, SexLab Aroused...

License, Permissions:

• You may add, modify, and remove anything, patch it, reupload it, port it to another edition, etc.
  • But give deserved authorship and credit, keep it open source, and do not make commercial use.

Nice ideas to have for possible future versions:

• Immersive ways to get cursed:
    • By chance when hit by witches or hagravens i.e.
    • "Completing the Wabbajack quest, or doing something else related to Sheogorath" (Thanks Wiley\_Os from LoversLab for the idea).
  • Immersive ways to get cured:
    • After orgasms under both forms with the same lover (SL, SLSO, FG, OStim) i.e.
    • The form at the time would become permanent until the Curse recurs.
  • With SOS and proper schlongs:
    • Previous schlongs are restored, or specific schlongs are set.
    • Female schlongs may materialize.
  • With SexLab Arousal:
    • Increase exposure when schlongs materialize.
  • Add bounty when seen in a given form (Thanks PhantomX for the idea).
  • Add and remove factions to each form (Thanks PhantomX for the idea).
  • Add skill debuffs to each form.
  • Have each form act like a different persona:
    • Different total bounties (Thanks PhantomX for the idea).
    • Different factions.
    • Different level (Thanks LinksSword for the idea).
    • Different skills.
    • Different arousal level (Thanks Next\_To\_Nothing from LoversLab for the idea).
  • Play animation, effect and sound (Thanks AthenaESIV from LoversLab for the idea).
  • Use equipment as body features, like wings, tails, horns, and wigs (Thanks AthenaESIV from LoversLab for the idea).

These mods could have better integration, but in the meantime currently implemented options may serve as manual workarounds:

• With Pregnancy mods:
    • Do not leave a female form if pregnant (Use Sex Lock).
  • With Egg Factory:
    • Turn into a female (if there is such a form) when a cursed egg is looted (Use TFCTurnIntoFemaleForm).
    • Do not leave a female form while pregnant (Use Sex Lock).
  • With OStim and SexLab:
    • Turn into a female (if there is such a form) just before being a victim of a male (Use TFCTurnIntoFemaleForm).
  • With Devious Devices:
    • Turn into a female (if there is such a form) when devices are equipped (Use TFCTurnIntoFemaleForm).
    • Do not leave a female form when there are devices equipped (Use Sex Lock).
  • With Simple Slavery:
    • Turn into a female (if there is such a form) at the auction house cell (Use TFCTurnIntoFemaleForm).
  • With Estrus mods:
    • Turn into a female (if there is such a form) just before the animations (Use TFCTurnIntoFemaleForm).

I would like to implement these ideas but help is needed:

• Unequip items that do not have meshes for the sex of the next form.

I will probably not implement these ideas, I could not hook into them easily. I will leave them to the community and gladly give support. I encourage brave modders to take a look at the scripts of these mods and send ModEvents to mine (or propose some good solution):

• With Customizable Camera:
    • A user defined preset is applied.
  • With Active Overlays:
    • Reset the spells, so newly applied overlays get affected immediately.

Supported ModEvents:

• "TFCEnableCurse", received to enable the curse.
  • "TFCDisableCurse", received to disable the curse.
  • "TFCChanceTurnIntoTrueForm", received to take the chance to turn into the True Form, only from a Cursed Form.
  • "TFCChanceTurnIntoCursedForm", received to take the chance to turn into a Cursed Form, only from the True Form.
  • "TFCTurnIntoTrueForm", received to turn into the True Form, only from a Cursed Form.
  • "TFCTurnIntoCursedForm", received to turn into a Cursed Form, only from the True Form.
  • "TFCTurnIntoMaleForm", received to turn into a male Form, only from a female Form, and Cursed Forms take precedence over the True Form. To be used with TFCLockSexMale.
  • "TFCTurnIntoFemaleForm", received to turn into a female Form, oly from a male Form, and Cursed Forms take precedence over the True Form. To be used with TFCLockSexFemale.
  • "TFCTurnIntoForm", received with a FormId to turn into the given Form the way the Curse works: wait for the conditions, show notification, unequip items, then turn. Sex Lock does not apply.
  • "TFCForceTurnIntoForm", received with a FormId to turn into the given Form the way the powers work: unequip items, then turn. Sex Lock does not apply.
  • "TFCLockSexMale", received to lock the sex to Male.
  • "TFCLockSexFemale", received to lock the sex to Female.
  • "TFCLockSexNone", received to lock the sex to None.
  • "TFCPlayerTurned", sent with the FormId every time the player turns.

Changelog:

• 3.1.0:
    • Improve OStim detection, thanks to Mr Octopus. SDA load order conflict remains.
    • Load the RaceMenu preset twice, visual glitch usually gets better.
    • Increase different arousal exposure per form. Migrate and remove old general option.
    • Add Events TFCLockSexMale, TFCLockSexFemale and TFCLockSexNone.
    • Add Events TFCTurnIntoMaleForm, TFCTurnIntoFemaleForm.
    • Improve slightly unequipping.
  • 3.0.0:
    • Add buttons to the MCM to turn on demand.
    • Add powers to switch to Cursed Forms.
    • Add power to switch to the latest Cursed Form.
    • Add support for ModEvents.
    • If Race is properly detected, change it in papyrus instead of in console.
    • Do not unequip items if sex or race are not changed.
    • Do not turn until OStim stops animating.
    • Do not turn until SexLab stops animating.
    • Increase SexLab Arousal exposure when turning into a Cursed Form.
    • Refactor the MCM: add pages for Settings and Debug.
    • Add option to avoid turning into the opposite sex.
    • Large refactor.
  • 2.0.1:
    • Fix Active Effect Window, I forgot to set the descriptions.
  • 2.0.0:
    • Add support for custom races.
    • Fix typos on Khajiit: could not turn into a Khajiit.
    • Fix SkyUI MCM versioning: this could have been 0.1.0 otherwise. It is unclear whether it is really backwards incompatible.
  • 1.0.0: First version.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    06/06/2021
  • Category
  • Requires
    ConsoleUtilSSE, SkyUI
  • Regular Edition Compatible

16 minutes ago, LinksSword said:

okay now this is interesting, i certainly picked a good day to browse my favorite site. ?

Glad you like it. :)

12 minutes ago, LinksSword said:

i think i will use this to turn my strong female adventurer into a weak flail blonde bombshell slut.

Hahaha, please do tell me how it goes. Have fun.

Neat!

Love these kind of curse mods that add an interesting twist, and this one in particular seems nice as it's more of a daily, rather than all-the-time change. I'm probably going to have to wait until custom races are supported till I can add it permanently to my load order but definitely keeping an eye out!

I did find a few things to pass on but I have a pretty heavily modded Skyrim so if you want anything tested vanilla, let me know

For between female and male of the same race it works really well! The only thing I noticed was the face texture are purple after changing. Though simply going into the race menu and adjusting the skin tone fixes that. I know this was already in your post but I figured I'd report it.

I did have some trouble going Male Nord > Female Breton but it's hard to re-create. I did have a few instances where the Male Nord head stuck around

Lastly, this might just be me but my Race Menu presets save to  SKSE\Plugins\CharGen\Presets though the mod reads from SKSE\Plugins\CharGen\Exported. Not a big deal as I can move them over to that location but figured I'd mention it.

Thanks for the work on this mod! It's much appreciated!

Edited by Next_To_Nothing

i wanted to make sure that Address Library for SKSE Plugins was working which is a requirement for ConsoleUtilSSE and it is indeed working for me so i can scratch that off the list,

consoleutil is also installed correctly so it's not that.

just tried it via male to female and it sorta worked so, consoleutil is working i think it's just the mod.

8 hours ago, Next_To_Nothing said:

Neat!

Love these kind of curse mods that add an interesting twist, and this one in particular seems nice as it's more of a daily, rather than all-the-time change. I'm probably going to have to wait until custom races are supported till I can add it permanently to my load order but definitely keeping an eye out!

I did find a few things to pass on but I have a pretty heavily modded Skyrim so if you want anything tested vanilla, let me know

For between female and male of the same race it works really well! The only thing I noticed was the face texture are purple after changing. Though simply going into the race menu and adjusting the skin tone fixes that. I know this was already in your post but I figured I'd report it.

I did have some trouble going Male Nord > Female Breton but it's hard to re-create. I did have a few instances where the Male Nord head stuck around

Lastly, this might just be me but my Race Menu presets save to  SKSE\Plugins\CharGen\Presets though the mod reads from SKSE\Plugins\CharGen\Exported. Not a big deal as I can move them over to that location but figured I'd mention it.

Thanks for the work on this mod! It's much appreciated!

Yey, thank you.

Which custom race do you use? Given that one day I will have to start with one, I could very well start with yours.

Yes, please, let me know if you find anything. Thanks.

Yeah, the purple textures. I guess 'skee' should have its own 'skee setsex' and 'skee setrace' to make it work properly.

7 hours ago, LinksSword said:

unfortunately i can't seem to get it working it won't load my preset i made and all that does seem to work is the scaling option.

For both of you, I think you have the same problem.

My mod barely do anything but to schedule the changes at the given times, all the heavy lifting is done by the console commands.

Specifically 'skee preset-load' and 'preset-save' are a bit undocumented at the moment. These presets are not identical to the ones you create manually, for example they actually create texture files for each preset always, whether you have custom textures in your orignal preset or not.

I recommend you load manually your preset, and then run 'skee preset-save' to create the 'exported' one and their textures. The purple texture will be gone, but subtle differences in textures or their colors still remain.

I guess these skee features are still in development, and AFAIK there is no good way to change sexes or races at the moment. Maybe a more experienced modder can throw a light or two, that's why I released in this state.

7 minutes ago, PhantomX said:

Would be great to have an option to make this a toggled ability. To play as a shapeshifter. And to cosplay Mystique, for example. :)

You mean like a power? I was thinking to add a button in the MCM to change form for debugging, a power per form would be even better.

19 minutes ago, TheOrcInHeels said:

You mean like a power? I was thinking to add a button in the MCM to change form for debugging, a power per form would be even better.

These powers could swap between the True Form and the respective Cursed Form.

Even a new power could switch between the True Form and the latest Cursed Form.

2 minutes ago, TheOrcInHeels said:

Exactly, like a power. It will open much more gameplay options. 

Another idea, which I can propose, is a disposition change depending of the form. Like:
turning into a monster makes averyone hostile and adds bounty if seen, like werewolf/vampire mechanic. 
turning into a bandit (add a faction setting to the form) before the fight will make other bandits non-hostile.
turning into another person while having a bounty will prevent you from getting arrested (different bounty per form)
turning into a helpless female in the middle of an orc camp... well, you got my point.

2 minutes ago, PhantomX said:

Another idea, which I can propose, is a disposition change depending of the form. Like:
turning into a monster makes averyone hostile and adds bounty if seen, like werewolf/vampire mechanic. 
turning into a bandit (add a faction setting to the form) before the fight will make other bandits non-hostile.
turning into another person while having a bounty will prevent you from getting arrested (different bounty per form)
turning into a helpless female in the middle of an orc camp... well, you got my point.

Being able to add and remove factions is definitely simple and doable. I don't know if the system is fast enough to turn hostiles into non hostiles quickly enough, or vice versa.

I'm good to be able to flag each form to add a bounty or not.

Getting away from bounties that way looks like a blessing instead of a curse. Definitely worth doing. In the end, each form is like a different persona... but this open a rabbit hole path of possibilites, like different set of factions, different fame for the Sexual Fame mod...

Oh, yeah, I get your point, :evil laugh:

18 minutes ago, PhantomX said:

Ah, thank you very much for your ideas, I like them a lot and I have written them down so I will not forget them.

8 hours ago, TheOrcInHeels said:

I recommend you load manually your preset, and then run 'skee preset-save' to create the 'exported' one and their textures. The purple texture will be gone, but subtle differences in textures or their colors still remain.

I tried doing this (saving the preset via 'skee preset-save' and renaming the .jslot) but it still isn't being picked up:

image.png.c766aa1698f60c2036a8fa36386dad17.png

17 minutes ago, Black Keys said:

I tried doing this (saving the preset via 'skee preset-save' and renaming the .jslot) but it still isn't being picked up:

image.png.c766aa1698f60c2036a8fa36386dad17.png

Well, you have the correct version of RaceMenu because the command is there.

The path inside the overwrite folder looks fine. The name of the file too.

I think RaceMenu loads them when Skyrim starts, and if you changed them while the game was running RaceMenu will ignore them. If so, restart Skyrim.

In the mod 'Yuciel' is what should be configured, I guess that is correct too because of the screenshot.

The thing I do not understand is that part of 'renaming the .jslot'. skee already writes the file with the proper extension.

7 hours ago, TheOrcInHeels said:

The thing I do not understand is that part of 'renaming the .jslot'. skee already writes the file with the proper extension.

Just realised I needed to specify the name of the preset when running 'skee preset-save <preset_name>', where not specifying it would generate a nameless .jslot which can't/shouldn't be renamed.

20 minutes ago, LinksSword said:

also i wonder would it be possible for the level to be set to 1 of your character after the transformation then reset back when you return to normal? is that even doable or is that out of the realm of possibilities?

Following the previous idea of 'each form is like a different persona', I guess each form could have its own set of values for the skills, which determines the level. Changing the level but not the skills does not sound good at all.

Having different skills per form sounds initially good, but people usually play within a leveled world, so they may be at level 30, load tons of npcs at around level 30, and then they suddenly become level 1 and life becomes very far from fair. But if you got it deleveled... like with MorrowLoot or EZEZ, I guess you want it that way.

Technically, I know Project Proteus can do that.

7 hours ago, Black Keys said:

Just realised I needed to specify the name of the preset when running 'skee preset-save <preset_name>', where not specifying it would generate a nameless .jslot which can't/shouldn't be renamed.

Sorry, I think I was not clear enough and assumed you all had that knowledge.

Thanks for the update, really for swapping sexes for the same race it works pretty damn flawlessly. And the custom race support seems to work with everything I've thrown at it!

I do see the head getting stuck sometimes between races, I wonder how deep that bug goes since it's the same sort of effect if you 'sexchange' an actor.

I have zero programming knowledge but I have noticed that one way to fix the sexchange head issue was to change the characters race to one with a different head mesh. So basically briefly change race say, Male Breton -> Female Argonian -> Female Breton, using the argonian head as a kind of reset mesh.

I was just wondering if that kind of workaround could be utilized in someway to smooth the head being stuck, though I don't know how you'd avoid messing up stats.

Edited by Next_To_Nothing
13 hours ago, TheOrcInHeels said:

I meant there would be inconsistencies, some NPCs loaded with level 30s, others with level 1, I don't know very well the impact of that.

it could just be an optional thing like have a setting that says "what level do you want your character to be set at when cursed" or something like that, 

basically my idea of what i wanted for my next playthrough was a super strong level 99 amazonian warrior who could become a weak flail small but thicc blondie at a level 1 making it basically impossible to not get fucked, unless your fighting weak enemies like wolves and skeevers and level 1 bandits.

i don't know if there is anyway to achieve that or atleast make it so the tf state character stats are so low they are basically useless.

30 minutes ago, Next_To_Nothing said:

Thanks for the update, really for swapping sexes for the same race it works pretty damn flawlessly. And the custom race support seems to work with everything I've thrown at it!

I do see the head getting stuck sometimes between races, I wonder how deep that bug goes since it's the same sort of effect if you 'sexchange' an actor.

I have zero programming knowledge but I have noticed that one way to fix the sexchange head issue was to change the characters race to one with a different head mesh. So basically briefly change race say, Male Breton -> Female Argonian -> Female Breton, using the argonian head as a kind of reset mesh.

I was just wondering if that kind of workaround could be utilized in someway to smooth the head being stuck, though I don't know how you'd avoid messing up stats.

Glad to hear it works so well. I only tested the custom race with one mod and prayed for the other mods to behave similarly hehe.

I don't know the reason why two changes would be better than one, or whether two would be enough... 

Maybe the problem is that the first one sometimes fails, and the second in that case fixes the first. But I have not pinpointed the real cause yet.

25 minutes ago, LinksSword said:

it could just be an optional thing like have a setting that says "what level do you want your character to be set at when cursed" or something like that, 

basically my idea of what i wanted for my next playthrough was a super strong level 99 amazonian warrior who could become a weak flail small but thicc blondie at a level 1 making it basically impossible to not get fucked, unless your fighting weak enemies like wolves and skeevers and level 1 bandits.

i don't know if there is anyway to achieve that or atleast make it so the tf state character stats are so low they are basically useless.

Yes, I understand what you want and I think it suits very well to a Curse like this one.

Changing the level would probably mean nothing, if you are still level 345 in one handed, and your health is over 600.

I like the idea of resetting skill levels, keeping the level so leveled worlds would not behave weirdly and deleveled worlds would not be affected anyway, and let the user install mods like Skill Based Status, so they will not have to try hard to lose those fights, lol.

38 minutes ago, TheOrcInHeels said:

Glad to hear it works so well. I only tested the custom race with one mod and prayed for the other mods to behave similarly hehe.

I don't know the reason why two changes would be better than one, or whether two would be enough... 

Maybe the problem is that the first one sometimes fails, and the second in that case fixes the first. But I have not pinpointed the real cause yet.

Yes, I understand what you want and I think it suits very well to a Curse like this one.

Changing the level would probably mean nothing, if you are still level 345 in one handed, and your health is over 600.

I like the idea of resetting skill levels, keeping the level so leveled worlds would not behave weirdly and deleveled worlds would not be affected anyway, and let the user install mods like Skill Based Status, so they will not have to try hard to lose those fights, lol.

yeah honestly just severely capping stats to very low would probably be enough then setting the level to 1. 

if this could be achieved on the fly however would be sweet thing.