Best NPC Populations Mods?

8 hours ago, NismoMan said:

I'm using High Poly Heads and therefore restricted on what Mods I can use without running into blackface and leveled lists issues among other things, throw Jk's Skyrim and other city overhauls in the mix and making them work together is a pain. That being said, my load order seems to balance things out just about right, nav-meshes are working fine, NPCs are doing their thing and the cities and wilderness have enough NPCs in them to keep things alive without encumbering the world around me.

City Overhauls that add NPCs:

- JK's Skyrim

- Dawn of Skyrim + JK's patch

- Capital Windhelm Expansion

- Shor's Stone

- Raven Rock Redone

Mods that add NPCs:

- Immersive Patrols Lite

- Immersive Patrols Simplified (This makes it so that Immersive Patrols use the vanilla leveled lists. so that whatever mod that changes those lists, the NPCs from Immersive Patrols will benefit from them instead of relying on patches)

- Masculinized Level Lists: this makes it so that Bandits / Soldiers have more males than females which would make more sense in the world of Skyrim, since almost every other NPC mod out there tend to focus more on adding females in contrast to males. This balances things out, there still are female bandits/soldiers/adventurers, but not as many.

- Populated Cities Towns and Villages Lite (Less NPCs, Regular version was a bit overwhelming in both performance and visual impact)

- Dawnguard Sentries Plus

- Sisterhood of Dibella

- Immersive Wenches (I'm thinking of removing this one, it just adds TOO MANY wenches, Wenches in Inns sometimes outnumber customers 3 to 1, which is ridiculous!)

- Genesis Unleashed: What this mod does is magic, it randomizes additional spawns in dungeons / caves / Ruins etc. by detecting the type of NPCs around, it doesn't interfere with other mods and works with mods that edit dungeons too. You'll get the occasional enemy mismatch spawns (sometimes spawning Mages / Necromancers in dungeons filled with Witches/Hags and Hagravens and they proceed to fight it out, nothing game breaking and its fun to use the distraction to your advantage or go in guns(arrows) blazing and take them all out. Has an MCM menu to control spawn numbers and turn the mod on/off, useful when you think the spawned NPCS are interfering with certain quests.

All of the above are currently active in my load order and work together without issues, The only labor you have to do is make sure to grab High Poly Heads patches if you're using it and any other patches you might need.

Hope that helps.

I use JK's Skyrim, but stopped at that due to other Mods I'll be using, such as Justice and Gallows (I'm going for a dark Skyrim play through), JK plays nice with them almost out of the box :)

I was trying to take a break from Immersive Patrols, but as I search around, I do love having the Dawnguard Patrols, only Immersive Patrols has them it seems. Immersive Patrols Simplified would be a good addition, thank you, I wasn't aware of that Mod, it would be a definite addition for Immersive :)

That Masulinized Level List Mod, I see it's only in Skyrim LE :( ...does it work for SE without changing Form? I used to use the Chivalry Mod in Skyrim LE, because I totally agree with you, but never could find a replacement in the SE Mods listed.

Sisterhood and Immersive Wenches... I'm an older female Gamer, Guy-Candy in my Game does a lot more for me than the female eye candy Mods :P

I have used Dawnguard Sentries, at the time I sided with Madenoch in Markarth, that didn't work out for me too well lol... but since adding Skyrim Reputation, Madanochs crew just wanted to waste me the moment I entered the Prison anyway lol... I guess I killed too many Forsworn just getting to Markarth to begin with, so Dawnguard Sentries are going back into my Game :)

I used Genesis for a short time... Once upon a time I was an avid user of Sands of Time (all my Mod list built around it), but then Tony began to go in directions I didn't like, so ended up dropping it. I didn't give Genesis a long run, as I became suspicious it shared too many elements added I didn't like from the new SoT, so am asking you please, does Genesis have the Spawns happening behind you also? Has he added all those special SoT Spiders to Genesis? Do do any of the NPC's use Disarm or Paralysis? I don't use Followers, so you can see how those would be a problem 

10 hours ago, InsolentTedium said:

That Masulinized Level List Mod, I see it's only in Skyrim LE :( ...does it work for SE without changing Form? I used to use the Chivalry Mod in Skyrim LE, because I totally agree with you, but never could find a replacement in the SE Mods listed.

They should work as is, but I did convert the three esps that come in the mod (main + DLCs) and merged them into a singly esl flagged esp. You can do them yourself with xEdit or PM me and I'll send you the merged esp I did if you're interested.

Sisterhood and Immersive Wenches... I'm an older female Gamer, Guy-Candy in my Game does a lot more for me than the female eye candy Mods :P

Fair enough ?

I used Genesis for a short time... Once upon a time I was an avid user of Sands of Time (all my Mod list built around it), but then Tony began to go in directions I didn't like, so ended up dropping it. I didn't give Genesis a long run, as I became suspicious it shared too many elements added I didn't like from the new SoT, so am asking you please, does Genesis have the Spawns happening behind you also? Has he added all those special SoT Spiders to Genesis? Do do any of the NPC's use Disarm or Paralysis? I don't use Followers, so you can see how those would be a problem 

I stayed as far away from SoT as I could in previous runs, it was way off the mark for me so I can see your point. Genesis is an extracted function from SoT, however they did manage to put in a useful MCM where you can disable and fine tune spawn numbers, spawn rates, nearest spawn, spawn area, turn the mod on/off (yes, I had some spawn behind me and scared the crap out of me in the process) but I turned that shit off in the MCM. smh. And the NPC types are derivatives of the vanilla ones as far as I can tell, no disarms or special moves that I've noticed and so far I didn't see any special kind of spiders here sooo... yay? ?

regardless, I'd leave Genesis for last, once you baked in your load order, fire it up and take it for a run, it should install / uninstall fairly easily since it doesn't mess with anything else in game and load order isn't a problem either.

Edited by NismoMan
15 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

There are instructions for rebuilding the facegen. The main problems I had was with eyebrows being half visible and half hidden and a not a problem with beards where the guy would speak but the mouth/beard wouldn't move. ? I think I've now got a HP brows or hair or beards mod or two.

3 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

This is eye brow mods for the HPH:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/105509

I know about them, but by the time I finished racking up my load order, I was already 860 mods in and about 500 plugins, Didn't want any extra work if I can help it, lol.

As for the eyebrows, I'm using these for my PC: ESL High Poly Pretty Face Brows Stand Alone.

For NPCs, I mostly relied on the NPC beautification mods to come with their own assets and/or HPH patches. which I'm more or less ok with for now. ?

1 hour ago, NismoMan said:

I know about them, but by the time I finished racking up my load order, I was already 860 mods in and about 500 plugins,

They are just edited esps for the original mods. The esp for,  e.g. Hvergelmirs Aesthetics Brows 4.0.1 is replaced by the esp from Hvergelmir's Aesthetics - Brows HP. The esp has the same name so no extra slot is used. This applies to the (up to) 6 brow mods.

800 mods and 500 plug-ins screams bad modding practice. You will be approaching two different limits with those numbers.

The mod you linked only effects one set of brows (its own) and therefore adds an extra esp.

Still not happy with Genesis. Just hit the tower before Bleak Falls. Two x level 1; one x level 9; and one x level 19 bandits. I'm level 20 and the level 19 guy came from Enemy Plus. The others just give 'Skyrim.esm' so I'm guessing they are Genesis. I'm pretty sure I have the spawns set to more than 3.

"Come back OBIS, all is forgiven".

Edited by Grey Cloud

They should work as is, but I did convert the three esps that come in the mod (main + DLCs) and merged them into a singly esl flagged esp. You can do them yourself with xEdit or PM me and I'll send you the merged esp I did if you're interested.

Fair enough ?

I stayed as far away from SoT as I could in previous runs, it was way off the mark for me so I can see your point. Genesis is an extracted function from SoT, however they did manage to put in a useful MCM where you can disable and fine tune spawn numbers, spawn rates, nearest spawn, spawn area, turn the mod on/off (yes, I had some spawn behind me and scared the crap out of me in the process) but I turned that shit off in the MCM. smh. And the NPC types are derivatives of the vanilla ones as far as I can tell, no disarms or special moves that I've noticed and so far I didn't see any special kind of spiders here sooo... yay? ?

regardless, I'd leave Genesis for last, once you baked in your load order, fire it up and take it for a run, it should install / uninstall fairly easily since it doesn't mess with anything else in game and load order isn't a problem either.

Yes please Nismo :) ...I will send you a PM in regards to Masculinized, thank you so much :) ...I am currently working on learning to use the TESVEdit, as I want to learn how to alter some Mods to better suit my game, will see how I go :)

I am currently just running a whole new Game in, was a heck of a job cleaning Skyrim completely on my PC, I discovered bl**dy Steam Cloud Storage today and why I haven't been able to really clean out my Skyrim before, I deactivated the Cloud Storage and fiddled around some more, so hopefully the Game is mega clean now,  but am currently about 20 Mods into this new Game, only have about another 120-130 more Mods to run in lol, so I still have time to keep running these Population Mods through my head and work out what would work best for me :) ...So if you see any of those horrors I mentioned concerning me about Genesis, would you let me know please? Did the Spawns behind you stop? The MCM wasn't always that reliable for SoT, so makes me wonder about Genesis MCM reliability also.

9 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

They are just edited esps for the original mods. The esp for,  e.g. Hvergelmirs Aesthetics Brows 4.0.1 is replaced by the esp from Hvergelmir's Aesthetics - Brows HP. The esp has the same name so no extra slot is used. This applies to the (up to) 6 brow mods.

800 mods and 500 plug-ins screams bad modding practice. You will be approaching two different limits with those numbers.

The mod you linked only effects one set of brows (its own) and therefore adds an extra esp.

Still not happy with Genesis. Just hit the tower before Bleak Falls. Two x level 1; one x level 9; and one x level 19 bandits. I'm level 20 and the level 19 guy came from Enemy Plus. The others just give 'Skyrim.esm' so I'm guessing they are Genesis. I'm pretty sure I have the spawns set to more than 3.

Genesis could have picked up the Enemy Plus Bandit, if I remember correctly Genesis will pick up NPC's from both Vanilla and other Mods... May I ask what it is that disappoints you about Genesis? Is the MCM unreliable per chance?

19 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

Ouch, yeah, I can see the number being out there, but hey it depends on how you make things play nice, merged mods, ESLified some others, hand patched my whole load order in xEdit and been playing for the past 3 months with less than 5 CTD's early on that I fixed once I learned their causes. kept my script heavy mods to a minimum and stuck with manageable texture sizes so my VRAM usage is fairly reasonable. So yeah, very daunting process and I didn't really want to/had the energy left to go about generating facegens so I just dropped the idea. All in all, I'm pretty proud of my current Load Order. ?

PC only, yes. And it's an ESP-fe so no worries there.

OBIS was awesome, had that installed in my last playthrough that focused more on battle intensity as opposed to my current, more relaxed game. I'll have to double check the Genesis spawns, but as I said I didn't really notice anything out of the ordinary in my game so far. did you play around with the MCM?

31 minutes ago, InsolentTedium said:

May I ask what it is that disappoints you about Genesis? Is the MCM unreliable per chance?

Well getting level one bandits when I'm level 20 is the first thing. I'm just going to check the MCM settings but only spawning a few bandits (5-ish) doesn't seem right. Also the distinct lack of loot even though that is toggled on in the MCM.

7 minutes ago, NismoMan said:

And it's an ESP-fe so no worries there.

Except this is the LE section.

9 minutes ago, NismoMan said:

I didn't really want to/had the energy left to go about generating facegens so I just dropped the idea. 

You find pressing CTRL and F4 at the same time energy draining?

36 minutes ago, InsolentTedium said:

Yes please Nismo :) ...I will send you a PM in regards to Masculinized, thank you so much :) ...I am currently working on learning to use the TESVEdit, as I want to learn how to alter some Mods to better suit my game, will see how I go :)

Not at all. Glad to help.

36 minutes ago, InsolentTedium said:

I am currently just running a whole new Game in, was a heck of a job cleaning Skyrim completely on my PC, I discovered bl**dy Steam Cloud Storage today and why I haven't been able to really clean out my Skyrim before, I deactivated the Cloud Storage and fiddled around some more, so hopefully the Game is mega clean now,  but am currently about 20 Mods into this new Game, only have about another 120-130 more Mods to run in lol, so I still have time to keep running these Population Mods through my head and work out what would work best for me :) ...So if you see any of those horrors I mentioned concerning me about Genesis, would you let me know please? Did the Spawns behind you stop? The MCM wasn't always that reliable for SoT, so makes me wonder about Genesis MCM reliability also.

They did stop. As I said the mod has its quirks, but nothing too serious or game breaking. Example of such quirks:

- Some of the spawned NPC's just stand there and do not sandbox. They do however proceed to attack you if alarmed.

- I did find NPCs spawn in areas where they weren't supposed to spawn at. Example: The mine at Shor's Stone has spideys in them, but Genesis spawned bandits in and the two factions fought by themselves. I just swooped in and took them both out (Archer ?).

As a general rule, if the spawned NPC's are causing quest related issues like attacking a friendly in an enemy zone and such, I just turn the mod off and proceed as usual, so basically no harm done. I enable the mod if I want to go dungeon crawling to add a bit more of a challenge.

- Things where the mod is VERY useful for: Mods that add new dungeons or expand on current dungeons; I have the Revisited series (Bleakfalls Barrow Revisited... etc.) and they greatly expand on the map of the dungeon, this mod added more enemies for me to fight there and made things more challenging/fun.

As I said, you can install this at any time after you decided on your load order, test it out, if it isn't your thing, just turn it off or remove it altogether. The reason I suggesting leaving this for later is that I do tend not to uninstall mods mid-game, so keep it out of your load order until you made sure you got everything the way you want it, Genesis won't be affected by when you install it or even where in the load order. Hope that helps.

41 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

Except this is the LE section.

This is the Skyrim General Discussion area, no LE/SE sections. not to mention the help needed is for an SE Installation. All I'm trying to do is help someone who wants it.

You find pressing CTRL and F4 at the same time energy draining?

All I said was that I knew about the available instruction but didn't say I knew what the instructions were, I knew it required the CK and at the time I didn't set up the creation kit to begin with. Also, If I wanted to go about creating the facegens I wouldn't be satisfied with pressing CTRL and F4, I'd have spent hours reading about it, the whys and hows the threads and comments about the process, troubleshootings, etc. before I begin considering creating them and with work and deadlines honking at me, yep, it's energy draining ?

EDIT: Yes, I did install the Creation Kit later on because I needed it to work on some mods and I was already wrapping things up and didn't want to revisit the load order ?

Edited by NismoMan
More info

This is the Skyrim General Discussion area, no LE/SE sections.

The SE section is next door but one to this section.

- Some of the spawned NPC's just stand there and do not sandbox. They do however proceed to attack you if alarmed.

- I did find NPCs spawn in areas where they weren't supposed to spawn at. Example: The mine at Shor's Stone has spideys in them, but Genesis spawned bandits in and the two factions fought by themselves.

I'm experiencing both of those. In BF the bunch of bandits just inside the temple were attacked by a draugr scourge and his conjured frost atronach. Also the troll you find further in had 2 dead draugr near him.

It's decision time for me. I'm ready to exit BF and in my game there is a bandit camp where the Dragon Feeding Ground was. Usually, with OBIS and the rest, it is an absolute pig of a fight. So I don't know whether to uninstall Genesis before I leave BF or wait until I have dealt with the camp.

16 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

It's decision time for me. I'm ready to exit BF and in my game there is a bandit camp where the Dragon Feeding Ground was. Usually, with OBIS and the rest, it is an absolute pig of a fight. So I don't know whether to uninstall Genesis before I leave BF or wait until I have dealt with the camp.

Make sure the dungeon is cleared, turn it off and uninstall, I doubt it would cause issues mid-dungeon if you turn off and wait for a bit, but if you want to be safe, wait till you clear the place and leave the dungeon. before uninstalling.

Edited by NismoMan
34 minutes ago, NismoMan said:

Make sure the dungeon is cleared, turn it off and uninstall, I doubt it would cause issues mid-dungeon if you turn off and wait for a bit, but if you want to be safe, wait till you clear the place and leave the dungeon. before uninstalling.

It's done. I never worry about uninstalling things mid-game. OBIS is back.

Ready to leave BF.

687040195_RFOBIS1.jpg.e5af2bc0cbd065947efe6ee07923e846.jpg

Oo ek.

No sooner through the exit and I'm peppered with arrows. Ten hostiles on the radar and a few more off it.

1727926996_RFOBIS2.jpg.46ca2c0862b7640b1628c7ff720e44d4.jpg

The gels are struggling and I'm running around like a lunatic trying to avoid death. It's just like the good old days. ?

726010799_RFOBIS3.jpg.1e0c2a89ac252ebaa7ae138968bac17d.jpg

17 hours ago, NismoMan said:

Not at all. Glad to help.

They did stop. As I said the mod has its quirks, but nothing too serious or game breaking. Example of such quirks:

- I did find NPCs spawn in areas where they weren't supposed to spawn at. Example: The mine at Shor's Stone has spideys in them, but Genesis spawned bandits in and the two factions fought by themselves. I just swooped in and took them both out (Archer ?).

As a general rule, if the spawned NPC's are causing quest related issues like attacking a friendly in an enemy zone and such, I just turn the mod off and proceed as usual, so basically no harm done. I enable the mod if I want to go dungeon crawling to add a bit more of a challenge.

- Things where the mod is VERY useful for: Mods that add new dungeons or expand on current dungeons; I have the Revisited series (Bleakfalls Barrow Revisited... etc.) and they greatly expand on the map of the dungeon, this mod added more enemies for me to fight there and made things more challenging/fun.

As I said, you can install this at any time after you decided on your load order, test it out, if it isn't your thing, just turn it off or remove it altogether. The reason I suggesting leaving this for later is that I do tend not to uninstall mods mid-game, so keep it out of your load order until you made sure you got everything the way you want it, Genesis won't be affected by when you install it or even where in the load order. Hope that helps.

Just curious first, do you run with a Follower Pack or are you the lonesome Archer? Lonesome Poisons Archer is my favourite play through, Followers drive me batty, even with the Nether Mod... My Dovah is dastardly lol, Archery, Bombs and Ambush Traps, sneak into a passage, lay down a Trip Wire, then Poisoned Bear Traps, a generous dose of Flammable Oil poured over the whole kaboodle, shoot an Arrow to attract attention, then wait for the party to start with a Fire Arrow nocked, when they coming pouring into the passage, light them up and watch the fun :D ...if they're real tough, maybe a Bomb or two thrown in to the cluster for added effect :D 

Yes, I was never a fan of inappropriate NPC's spawning into an area and I know Genesis Surface Encounters does that no matter the MCM settings (so I dropped it), I wasn't sure about Genesis Caves and Dungeons in that regard. Have you used Actor Limit Fix by Meh to see if it helps with NPC's sandboxing when they're meant to be fighting? I'm still thinking on Genesis, just watching the comment's section and how people are responding to it. It is tempting with no Scripts, bjut just thinking and watching for now. Yes, I would definitely leave it until last, I don't like removing Mods during a game either, it can really mess up a Game.

16 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

The SE section is next door but one to this section.

I'm experiencing both of those. In BF the bunch of bandits just inside the temple were attacked by a draugr scourge and his conjured frost atronach. Also the troll you find further in had 2 dead draugr near him.

Yes, when I had the Genesis in, I found a Draugr with the first Bandits in the BF, though the Draugr I saw just stood there, no interaction between Draugr and Bandits, the Draugr just being there disappointed me, because how would it have gotten past Arvil without killing him? The Bandit Camp, was that put there by More Bandit Camps, or OBIS?

I have another question please? I dropped a few Mods into my Game and something that worries me has happened, I haven't put Alternate Start in as yet, so was the vanilla start... The two to three Wolves that attack on the road didn't show up and Arvol (the Blacksmith) didn't sit in his usual chair at the table, he sat in another (that's the first time I have seen him do that, despite countless play though's over the years.  I had run a completely vanilla start before that and the wolves had appeared and Arvol had sat at his usual chair... The only Mods I have in at the moment are:

SKSE64_2_00_19

Net. Script Framework

Address Library for SKSE Plugins

Papyrus Util

Powerofthree Papyrus Extender

JContainers

SkyUI

SkyUI Flashing Save Game Fix

SSE Engine Fix

DLL Plugin Loader

UI Extensions

Unofficial Skyrim Patch

C++

Race Menu

Apachii Hair

Beards

Better Males Remesh

Fine Face Textures For Men

Kyoe's Bang'n Brows for Men

The Eyes of Beauty

Obsidian Weathers

True Storms

Obsidian Weathers - True Storms Merged Compatibility

1 hour ago, InsolentTedium said:

The Bandit Camp, was that put there by More Bandit Camps, or OBIS?

More Bandit Camps. OBIS doesn't add any locations as far as I know.

Can't help with the wolves and Alvor thing. I haven't done Helgen for nearly five years.

4 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

More Bandit Camps. OBIS doesn't add any locations as far as I know.

Can't help with the wolves and Alvor thing. I haven't done Helgen for nearly five years.

Thank you Grey Cloud :) ...I am planning on using More Bandit Camps, I like the idea of a Camp there, make my Dovah work somewhat harder :)

I think I will take my question to the SE Technical Support.

2 hours ago, InsolentTedium said:

Just curious first, do you run with a Follower Pack or are you the lonesome Archer? Lonesome Poisons Archer is my favourite play through, Followers drive me batty, even with the Nether Mod... My Dovah is dastardly lol, Archery, Bombs and Ambush Traps, sneak into a passage, lay down a Trip Wire, then Poisoned Bear Traps, a generous dose of Flammable Oil poured over the whole kaboodle, shoot an Arrow to attract attention, then wait for the party to start with a Fire Arrow nocked, when they coming pouring into the passage, light them up and watch the fun :D ...if they're real tough, maybe a Bomb or two thrown in to the cluster for added effect :D 

Yeesh, never want to be on your bad side ?

Yeah, lonesome Archer/Assassin/Bard (Performer - Thanks Skyrim Got Talent!+Ordinator!). It just doesn't feel right sneaking into enemy ground with tag alongs, lol.

2 hours ago, InsolentTedium said:

Yes, I was never a fan of inappropriate NPC's spawning into an area and I know Genesis Surface Encounters does that no matter the MCM settings (so I dropped it), I wasn't sure about Genesis Caves and Dungeons in that regard. Have you used Actor Limit Fix by Meh to see if it helps with NPC's sandboxing when they're meant to be fighting?

I'm still thinking on Genesis, just watching the comment's section and how people are responding to it. It is tempting with no Scripts, bjut just thinking and watching for now. Yes, I would definitely leave it until last, I don't like removing Mods during a game either, it can really mess up a Game.

First time about hearing Genesis' NPCs sandboxing instead of fighting, some don't sandbox, but they fight just fine as far as I can tell. Regardless, I'm indeed using Meh's Actor Limit Fix. It's not that Genesis doesn't have scripts, it needs to run, but they're independent of the game's Lists and Scrips and easier to clean (Fallrim Tools) -IF- you plan to uninstall.

Few more things, I'm using "Genesis Unleashed - Levelled", It's supposed to be the latest iteration of the series and has many fixes over the previous releases including "Unleashed - unlevelled so keep an eye out for that when looking them up.

Well, I am now 137 Mods installed into my new Game :) ...Nearly ready to start populating my Skyrim :) ...Game is running strong, no glitches (except for two minor ones I am able to easily deal with) and Game looking visually as dark and foreboding as I wanted, beautiful :)  ...Speaking of one of those glitches, my Dovah will be a born Werewolf (so infected while still in the Alternate Start Jail Cell) and I have Growl installed (one of the Mods glitching), but I am not a big fan of either Growl or Moonlight Tales, both trying to be too spectacular, I prefer more simplicity, so my question, as I try to learn the TESVEdit, would it be possible to convert my all time favourite Werewolf Mod 'Werewolf Mastery' on Oldrim to use on SkyrimSE, rather than the CK? Someone on the posts in there said it can easily be converted in CK, but I know I get lost in CK :(

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/25392?tab=description

A couple of pics to show how pretty (and dark) my Game is currently looking :)

ScreenShot2.png

ScreenShot0.png

• 2 months later...
On 6/6/2021 at 1:45 PM, Grey Cloud said:

Pop Cities mostly just dumps NPCs in the cities etc and they clog up the inns at night.

I prefer Pop Lands, Roads, Paths as the NPCs are out and about on the roads etc. This means they can get attacked by animals and bandits etc.

Interesting NPCs is okay but it has too many NPC which don't appeal to me. There's a couple of mods which overhaul the NPC visuals.

I've not tried Citizens of Tamriel but the description says 'voice acted' so that means I probably wont.

Hydra Slave Girls puts NPCs on the roads and in settlements.

MINPCS adds some interesting NPCs including hostiles.

Enemy Plus for more hostiles. No MCM and some of the things are a bit weird, e.g. King Mudcrab who is about the size of Wales/Rhode Island.

OBIS for more bandits or Genesis for more bandits and other hostiles. Has MCM where your can set the number of spawns etc.

Warzones for more hostiles. Has MCM where you can toggle various things like locations.

Genesis (which I only installed yesterday as a change from OBIS) spawns hostiles in dungeons or on the surface, levelled or unlevelled. MCMs to configure lots of options.

Forgotten Dungeons, Skyrim Sewers and Skyrim Underground add news locations and some NPCs and creatures.

I use JK's Skyrim Lite and Settlements Expanded.

It depends on exactly what you want. There are over 25000 NPCs in my current game. My idea of a 'mod conflict' is when the NPCs from mod A are sluggin' it out with the NPCs from mod B. ?

Really would love to have your rig ?

But for my somewhat elderly setup I prefer looks over content. So I just go with and splurge with textures

Monster Mod

High Level Enemies

Inconsequential NPC

Populated Forts Towers Places

Populated Dungeons Caves Ruins

I personally like the 'wide' open spaces to be quite bleak with specifc added danger. Others I have used, but don't anymore ...

Immersive Creatures would be a stand in for Monster Mod, (but both together are a bit OTT in the landmass provided). I do have a native LoTDB build with Immersive Creatures rather than Monster Mod and it's fine.

Enemy Plus is really well done, but too over populated, (Had a bounty quest to kill a giant, but it was killed when I got there by eight spear wielding blue midgets).

Interesting NPC's I love to bits for a couple of the npc's, but the rest are really horrible. So it's a balance of those extra frames against annoying. (and I run on a 29,.5 fps setup so it's important).

Citizens of Tamriel basically all the type of characters you don't want to talk too from Interesting NPC in one package.

The other mods listed just make everything more cluttered in context to the land area. If I want that sort of thing I play Torchlight 2 with Synergy.

Edit - Yes 29,.5fps, (because for a 60hz monitor,  if you set the FPSClamp to 30, and the max frame rate to 29.5 fps you don't get visual frame jitter when the fps tanks in populated areas. Everything is buttery smooth, but obviously slower. But as that's something which only happens in more populated areas it doesn't matter for the meat and potatoes dungeon delving experience. Yes could lower the texture quality, but I do like how the game looks at certain times).

Edited by spoonsinger
A side note.
1 hour ago, spoonsinger said:

Really would love to have your rig

My machine is good but nowhere near the last word in gaming. Everything is a compromise in modding Skyrim so:

1 hour ago, spoonsinger said:

I prefer looks over content

I like looks but I'm not looking for photorealistic. I don't do screen archery and how good do he graphics need to be in the dark? ?‍♂️

2 hours ago, spoonsinger said:

splurge with textures

And wave bye-bye to your VRAM. :classic_laugh:

I think this was when I had Pop Cities installed

1824136084_Crowdscene.thumb.jpg.07c12240678e6dd78ebec20c09ee8d43.jpg

Shops can still get busy at certain times.

(2K textures and Bixie ENB)

Alchemists.jpg.2eee884397239d68fdf08d9eae9d2c21.jpg