Best NPC Populations Mods?

1 hour ago, Grey Cloud said:

My machine is good but nowhere near the last word in gaming. Everything is a compromise in modding Skyrim so:

I like looks but I'm not looking for photorealistic. I don't do screen archery and how good do he graphics need to be in the dark? ?‍♂️

And wave bye-bye to your VRAM. :classic_laugh:

I think this was when I had Pop Cities installed

Reveal hidden contents

1824136084_Crowdscene.thumb.jpg.07c12240678e6dd78ebec20c09ee8d43.jpg

Shops can still get busy at certain times.

Reveal hidden contents

(2K textures and Bixie ENB)

Alchemists.jpg.2eee884397239d68fdf08d9eae9d2c21.jpg

Your piccies definitely look cozy ?  (Especially if taking in bouncy physics) . Anyway VRAM never really a problem, it's just down to CPU at a certain point and the Bethengine can quite happily ignore the additional processing power available on the extra cores., (even on SSE and Fallout 4), as the processor is never running above 40%.  So I suspect even an old 2600K i7 will beat my old Bulldozer in those scenarios because of the individual core performance, (on those the game it actually uses). However my current PC is totally acceptable for the games programmed more, erm, efficiently. (Mind after the VID, I suspect I'm stuck with it for a fair bit until I can source some good second hand parts).

Anyway I was just doing a new new build, and thought I'd look around for mod's which would add some extra without much of a performance hit, and your post was good for a test sample. So cheers and sorry for necho-ing, (although I've never seen the problem to reply/quoting old posts because its information which is available and might or might not be useful).

10 minutes ago, spoonsinger said:

I've never seen the problem to reply/quoting old posts because its information which is available and might or might not be useful

To my mind that is the point of old threads. ?‍♂️

Just had to check to see what my CPU was (and I built the machine). Apparently it is a Ryzen 5 2400G, 4 core, 3.6GHz and trousers pressed while you wait. There's about 25000 NPCs in my game and it all ambles along merrily.

On 8/15/2021 at 4:06 AM, Grey Cloud said:

To my mind that is the point of old threads. ?‍♂️

Just had to check to see what my CPU was (and I built the machine). Apparently it is a Ryzen 5 2400G, 4 core, 3.6GHz and trousers pressed while you wait. There's about 25000 NPCs in my game and it all ambles along merrily.

This is a damn good point. a lot of this is rig specifc. 

i'm using POP Citys Towns and Villages high poly npc's and high poly npc replacer with hdt hair.  and my rig fucking struggles at time's in the main cities during the day..

i have used hell edition but it's just too busy and they just kill all the bandit's and creature's, everything is dead before you get there.

Man those borders and horses on patrol is all i use now and has a much better balance.

and of course Obis high poly.

i 100% agree with @Lestat1627 Pop cities really shines at night when you are a lurky vampire!!

and if you are.......Suspicious city guard's, Defeat add on, Crime overhaul and Silenced Prisoners compliment each other so well for what i like.

it makes getting caught a real BITCH!

Edited by nemocdt
42 minutes ago, nemocdt said:

This is a damn good point. a lot of this is rig specifc. 

That's not what I'm saying. If you look at my earlier posts in this thread you will see that I edit the esps and take other measures to make the game do what I want (e.g. no dragons and no vampire attacks). Everything in modding Skyrim involves a compromise somewhere along the line. For instance, you mentioned HDT hair, which is going to impact your available resources meaning less resources available for other things. 4K textures use more resources than 2K and so on.

I use several mods which add NPCs but those NPCs are mostly out and about in Skyrim and not crammed into the settlements. I also have 260 followers dotted around Skyrim mostly in the settlements. Some places such as The Drunken Huntsman are getting very crowded but it is still possible to get in and out without problems.

On 6/8/2021 at 4:35 PM, NismoMan said:

- Genesis Unleashed: What this mod does is magic, it randomizes additional spawns in dungeons / caves / Ruins etc. by detecting the type of NPCs around, it doesn't interfere with other mods and works with mods that edit dungeons too. You'll get the occasional enemy mismatch spawns (sometimes spawning Mages / Necromancers in dungeons filled with Witches/Hags and Hagravens and they proceed to fight it out, nothing game breaking and its fun to use the distraction to your advantage or go in guns(arrows) blazing and take them all out. Has an MCM menu to control spawn numbers and turn the mod on/off, useful when you think the spawned NPCS are interfering with certain quests.

You can get some odd as hell npc's spawns with that though I use it and it is not too uncommon to see low level draugr near the entrance to bleakfalls in the sloping tunnel pretty much at the entrance, not too uncommon for them to be using shouts either, especially the disarming one which is as far as I can tell is majorly bugged, as I have never managed to recover a weapon that I have disarmed with it.