Sorry all No more sharing sims with new file size limits.

While I agree with limiting the upload size, if you are uploading a fully customized sim with outfits and makeups, it can easily exceed 244MB. 

As Ashal said, just get a free account and upload to MEGA, simple as that. Why are you so angry with this change? This site is free to use and has some great resources, they can do whatever they want to keep it that way.

4 hours ago, majinosity said:

While I agree with limiting the upload size, if you are uploading a fully customized sim with outfits and makeups, it can easily exceed 244MB. 

As Ashal said, just get a free account and upload to MEGA, simple as that. Why are you so angry with this change? This site is free to use and has some great resources, they can do whatever they want to keep it that way.

Or, you know. You could just split up the archive. 

On 5/30/2021 at 11:13 AM, ChinaTam said:

Personally 200mb and under has always been the size I look for when downloading single sims, so that's spot on for me. I've learnt the hard way a well organized mods folder is the only way to go, but we all do it our own way so a certain amount of sorting has to be done. 200 - 400 and I know there is likely to be some crap hidden. Above that I really can't be bothered ;)  Maybe a fab sim creator can create a guide to the best way to do all this as I'm no expert.

That would be great if someone would make a guide for this.. I'm very new at this. I had no idea that you could even merge stuff into a package file ..  i have about 27 gig of custom context in my mods folder I now wonder how much is blotted and doubled cc i have now.. 

4 hours ago, lbdelaney said:

That would be great if someone would make a guide for this.. I'm very new at this. I had no idea that you could even merge stuff into a package file ..  i have about 27 gig of custom context in my mods folder I now wonder how much is blotted and doubled cc i have now.. 

The TS4 Tray Importer creates a ZIP file. Before uploading one can open it and check the contents, together with TS4 Importer.

• Some traits require mods and it is often better to remove the mod file (the .package file, the ts4script file is never added) and list it as an optional requirement for Traits etc.
  • If HQ data is used the HQ files are added to the archive. They should be deleted manually. Either users have them already installed or they don't need/want them.
  • As a creator one should not use merged package files as these are big. Extracting single items may be tricky.

After deleting the obvious files there are likely many files in the archive which seem to make no sense. With much CC installed and in the worst case with multiple default (body) replacements and no clear folder structure it's very hard to identify the files which are really needed. One may end up uploading more files than necessary and do harm to other setups.

==> One should really clean up the Mods folder and add a structure to it to make sure that clothing, accessories, skins, hair, bodies, etc. are in dedicated folders and one can at least identify the CAS part type by it, even if one doesn't know the name/author/function any more. [I started like many others and my mix of CAS/build/defaults/anims is a mess. I stepped back from the idea to share lots or sims.]

PS: There is no need to merge multiple .package files into one and it does not decrease the file size. Anyhow it speed ups the loading time. TS4 Importer can not extract the needed parts out of it. It will add the whole file unless you have the single files somewhere else for TS4 Importer.

To speed up the start time it would make a lot of sense to merge 30 GB of package files into 10-40 files. Anyhow you still need the original packages for the TS4 Importer.

1 hour ago, Oops19 said:

PS: There is no need to merge multiple .package files into one and it does not decrease the file size. Anyhow it speed ups the loading time. TS4 Importer can not extract the needed parts out of it. It will add the whole file unless you have the single files somewhere else for TS4 Importer.

To speed up the start time it would make a lot of sense to merge 30 GB of package files into 10-40 files. Anyhow you still need the original packages for the TS4 Importer.

This is exactly how I do it: merged all the packages in Sims 4\Mods folder, but have the unmerged Mods folder version elsewhere in order to pull packages from it into an archive with a sim. I conduct the whole process manually and it is not a very short process (okay, it's heinously long and takes a day at least) by opening a CC section of a sim in Tray Importer and checking up on each package file deciding whether it belongs here in the first place, to which category it belongs and in which merged package it is (I organized and named them by type and alphabetical order like "c-l makeup", it makes it easier to find everything). Then go to the unmerged folder, find that single package I need and put it in the Mods folder for this particular sim in a subfolder named by a category it belongs to and copy it there. When I'm done, just export the Tray files, put them in the Tray folder for this sim and create an archive with Mods and Tray folder for this sim. Thus I enjoy a perk of a game taking less time to load by having my CC merged together and have a complete control over what files go with each sim upload without clogging someone else's Mods folder with unnecessary stuff. Maybe there is a more efficient way to do this, but I'm pretty new to this, so it is what it is.

Also, does anyone knows why my female sims use CC beards? I do not include beard CC with them because it's weird, but I feel like it may prompt an error message that they lack some CC files, even though they don't.