Okay, travel to and from the future can break all genealogy links in your world...

So, for once, I wanted to test the into the future travel. Wrong idea: this had broken ALL the genealogy links of ALL families in my savegame. Fortunately for me, I do save (different savegames) a lot. So, I can reload an earlier savegame and continue...

Do this happened on someone else or am I alone ?

6 hours ago, Benmc20 said:

Do this happened on someone else or am I alone ?

Perhaps not alone, but I have not had problems traveling Into The Future in some time, And I do not recall exactly what the problem was. But, my sims travel to Oasis Landing often, and back and I do not remember the problem you mention.

You have Nraas Traveler mod?

Something similar happened to me, after downloading everything and adding Mods and CC in small partitions the culprit was Nraas Traveler, I don't know why the file got corrupted, just download a new copy of Traveler and now it works perfectly

3 hours ago, Patriguz said:

Nraas Traveler

As part of my ongoing game folder overhaul, I did redownload all of the updated Nraas mods, including Traveler, and it's possible that when I had a problem traveling ITF (can't remember exactly what the problem was) that is what fixed it?

18 hours ago, Benmc20 said:

broken ALL the genealogy links of ALL families in my savegame.

I was going to ask if you sent the entire family/household - or - just a partial group, but reading again that ALL families were affected in the home world had me rethink this.

I have ITF but quit traveling when I found the KW 'sexbots' wouldn't survive the 'trip' intact. I had experienced this earlier with a 'Sim' I had downloaded long before using KW which gave a Plumbot a human body. This 'Body' would appear in the Plumbot premade screen. I decided after that if I ever traveled - no human 'skinned' Plumbot could travel with the group. LadySmoks took great care in making sure her Human Style Plumbot PARTs would survive the trip as these aren't the same as a 're-skin' or the KW sexbots.

I wish I had more experience in traveling Into The Future to help, but it's obvious this is not how the Expansion should work.

> Because ITF uses the family tree to 'populate' the future (descendants) along with several premade families, I'm curious if you could contact those 'family' members via Holo-projection from a Plumbot equipped with that chip once back home? If all the family links were broken upon return, there should have been no one to contact. Another thought is to see if you could contact family members in the 'past' while in Oasis Landing? Just trying to think of 'experiments' one could do to see 'when' this corruption took place and how complex it is.

3 hours ago, Patriguz said:

the culprit was Nraas Traveler

Curious if you had merged Traveler with other mods? I use 'merge package' to great effect, yet have experienced issues in save games if I make big changes to the structure of the mods in the package folder (removing large merged packages in favor of new/multiple smaller ones).

1 hour ago, landess said:

Curious if you had merged Traveler with other mods? I use 'merge package' to great effect, yet have experienced issues in save games if I make big changes to the structure of the mods in the package folder (removing large merged packages in favor of new/multiple smaller ones).

No, I never merge Mods, Lots or Paterns in my combined packages, (neither objects with associated interactions such as the climbing wall or the pool table), I don't know where it read that they caused problems when merging, I don't know if it's true or not but as a precaution I leave them out of the combined packages

13 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

Perhaps not alone, but I have not had problems traveling Into The Future in some time, And I do not recall exactly what the problem was. But, my sims travel to Oasis Landing often, and back and I do not remember the problem you mention.

You have Nraas Traveler mod?

Yes, I do.

I don't have this problem with Adventures worlds though.

Because ITF uses the family tree to 'populate' the future (descendants)

ITF descendants is an odd calculation made by TS3 that I think I read about on Carl's Sims Guide. It also has a scoring used for sim traits and money, as well as children in the present, their school grades, and other factors.

It's not supposed to happen, but I had Plumbot descendants once! BUT, they were actually more like KW droids, and not using my bot parts, which was odd.

22 minutes ago, Patriguz said:

No, I never merge Mods

I do, and unfortunately, did it poorly, which is the main reason why I redownloaded all of the Nraas mods. That, and laptop crashes losing originals. So, I set all mods in an Nraas "test" folder and ran them for a while. Finally found what was causing error trap to go insane! The Go Here mod still isn't working correctly, and I'm not sure what is causing that. Pulled that for now, but the other Nraas mods that are working okay along with KW and other mods I am running, have been merged into one Nraas mods package, and the individual mods are in a folder in My Documents.

13 minutes ago, Benmc20 said:

I don't have this problem with Adventures worlds though.

I would try downloading Traveler again and replacing it as @Patriguz said. It won't take long. If that fixes the problem great, if no, you are no worse off.

29 minutes ago, Patriguz said:

I don't know where it read that they caused problems when merging

A bit off topic, but when players install Sims3Packs, the launcher merges them into those dcdb files you see. This includes worlds, all store items, etc. So merging isn't the problem. I have myself merged several objects which are basically the same - they use scripts and special animations which need to be 'unlocked' if one doesn't 'get them' from the store. Whatever the problem may have been, I'm sure it wasn't 'merging' alone that was the culprit, but perhaps that in combination with other considerations. Still - if it ain't broke - don't fix it. I just have so much CC I needed to merge to keep the game playable - with a nice side effect. After merging, CAS has a better grouping of the CC instead of looking like the mods were thrown into the air and stacked without organization.

12 minutes ago, LadySmoks said:

ITF descendants is an odd calculation made by TS3 that I think I read about on Carl's Sims Guide. It also has a scoring used for sim traits and money, as well as children in the present, their school grades, and other factors.

Understood. My point wasn't about how the descendants were generated as much as they are part of the family tree and thus use the same mechanic which was deemed broken. I was curious when All the family trees were 'erased', if this included the members past or future as well. Of course one needs to be in a specific time period to explore this.

When I started using mods I read everything that fell into my hands on the subject and that was mentioned somewhere (I don't know if it has any foundation but as you say I have not had the need to check it so I have not touched it).

The first time I compiled cc into a single file I did the craziness of putting all the contents of the Mods folder in a single package, even if surprisingly it worked, but it was a nightmare when it came to adding things or remembering if I already had it or not, no I know how many times I have duplicated and tripled CC ,,,:'(

Now I make compiled thematic packages (clothes, hairstyles, objects and little else (as if they were a Store package) I think you recommended it in some post and it is indeed much more modular and easy to follow

(I also have better control of what is in each package, where it is, and if it is installed or not, I actually think I spend more time sorting folders than playing, but I assume it as part of the game and it doesn't bother me too much) :grin:

I was curious when All the family trees were 'erased'

Actually, I am wondering if they are erased, or simply changed? My experience with ITF is that descendants are not set in stone, just as Butterfly Effect. You can go ITF on (Sim) Monday, return home Tuesday, buy something, do something, murder, death, kill someone, and return Wednesday, and have all different descendants because of those other factors I mentioned. The ones you had on Monday may be in the graveyard, and new ones are in a different house ITF.

But, all relations your family has with ITF townies is the same, and at home is the same. I wonder if this is what @Benmc20 is experiencing?

Some had said a while ago about merging script type mods that with patch updates, they could be problems. Also, Nraas now sees Chain and others updating, so I understand what @Patriguz was referring to. It's mostly for easy removal during updates, but if organized, not so bad to merge. Still, if you have room to leave them separate, no reason to bother to merge. )

6 minutes ago, Patriguz said:

Now I make compiled thematic packages

Yes... we ALL learned the hard way about this!!!!! I am still cleaning up my old mess!