Sims 4 Stop making new townies?

Is there a working way to stop the game from making new townies? Google doesn't seem to have much in the way of doing so and the general consensus is no from what I've seen. Best answer so far has been MCCC and let it start pulling Tray Sims when it makes new Townies. I recently used Sims4Studio to force all CC to not be used for townies because rather sick of derpy looking Sims appearing. However I'd like the game to stop making dozens of new townies. Every townie made right now has names for the Skiiing expansion, which is fine but I recently put 2 Sims into college and every one of them had those names. I'm starting to see less and less of edited townies again and dozens of clown looking Sims.

I have started just fixing them in CAS via mccc to the point where they dont bug me anymore then release them back into the game. I have gotten pretty fast at fixing them and better at going into s4s to fix rouge cc, It seems like the game has slowed down making new sims bc all the slots the game wilI fill with generated sims already have fixed sims. Sounds like a huge pain in the ass right?

MCCC can blacklist items but i have never tried it.

3 hours ago, Neodarkside said:

Is there a working way to stop the game from making new townies? Google doesn't seem to have much in the way of doing so and the general consensus is no from what I've seen. Best answer so far has been MCCC and let it start pulling Tray Sims when it makes new Townies. I recently used Sims4Studio to force all CC to not be used for townies because rather sick of derpy looking Sims appearing. However I'd like the game to stop making dozens of new townies. Every townie made right now has names for the Skiiing expansion, which is fine but I recently put 2 Sims into college and every one of them had those names. I'm starting to see less and less of edited townies again and dozens of clown looking Sims.

There is actually a way. I tried it on my game and it worked really well. Download the NPCC mod and you can configure it not to generate new townies, you can also prevent it from creating new specific npcs. I hope it works for you.

3 hours ago, Neodarkside said:

I'm starting to see less and less of edited townies again and dozens of clown looking Sims.

NPCC works but the latest version is behind a Patreon paywall.

I just go into manage households sometimes and delete all the uglies.

If you visit vacation worlds you might not see any other sims if you have NPCC set to 'Do Not Generate New Sims'.

But the default setting will stop most of the EA randoms anyway but lets MCCC pull your Tray sims instead.

You have to go through all the settings and make a few changes but overall it works great and I won't ever be without it.

You might also want to find: No More Random Dressed Townies (to stop all the badly dressed NPC's)

1 hour ago, Scorpio said:

NPCC works but the latest version is behind a Patreon paywall.

I just go into manage households sometimes and delete all the uglies.

If you visit vacation worlds you might not see any other sims if you have NPCC set to 'Do Not Generate New Sims'.

But the default setting will stop most of the EA randoms anyway but lets MCCC pull your Tray sims instead.

You have to go through all the settings and make a few changes but overall it works great and I won't ever be without it.

You might also want to find: No More Random Dressed Townies (to stop all the badly dressed NPC's)

I glanced at NPCC and wanted to know if anyone has used it, but sounds like its used fairly well so might look into it. MCCC pulling from my Tray unfortunately won't help me, my Tray is mostly filled with templates and already made played Sims so I'd rather not duplicate my played sims as Townies. Its just frustrating when I go in and begin customizing townies when I see them, or when I stop at restaurants and I customize the wait staff and then come back later and its all new employees. Like I had a skimpy clothed restaurant and for a long time none of the workers changed, but recently I went there and suddenly I have elderly sims working there wearing practically nothing >_<.

I do go into the households section and delete fugly looking Sims quite often. The change I made to Sims4 Studio has at least stopped Sims from wearing bizarre CC clothing but still has colorblind mismatched clothing quite often. I'll look into NPCC, don't mind paying once to get a well made Mod, as long as said mod WORKS.

2 hours ago, weredeer said:

I have started just fixing them in CAS via mccc to the point where they dont bug me anymore then release them back into the game. I have gotten pretty fast at fixing them and better at going into s4s to fix rouge cc, It seems like the game has slowed down making new sims bc all the slots the game wilI fill with generated sims already have fixed sims. Sounds like a huge pain in the ass right?

MCCC can blacklist items but i have never tried it.

The blacklist doesn't seem to work for me, even blacklisting things I've had issue. At least one of my most hated gripes with the game seems to have fixed itself, Sims wearing CC into the shower or bath or on birthday suits. I also tend to fix Sims when I see them. Most I leave alone but if a played sim gets friendly or romantic with one I'll definitely change them right away. Show employees and vendors I change immediately too. Using Sims 4 Studio seems to work, nothing bugs me more than lazy or bad CC who don't properly flag their content right. I have dozens of swimsuits that don't appear in swimming section, same with underwear, and I FINALLY tracked down someones high heels who they flagged for usable in ALL categories and straight up deleted it.

1 hour ago, Neodarkside said:

Using Sims 4 Studio seems to work, nothing bugs me more than lazy or bad CC who don't properly flag their content right.

Found a bunch of these in Nails and they weren't flagged for gender appropriate, just Teens.

Kept wondering why my Young Adults and Adults didn't see but only a few.

CC skin overlays, eyelashes, makeup, hairstyles, etc., have many flagged for both genders and Masculine/Feminine blank or both.

Spent a few days in and out of S4S fixing cc flags.    

1 hour ago, Neodarkside said:

I do go into the households section and delete fugly looking Sims quite often. The change I made to Sims4 Studio has at least stopped Sims from wearing bizarre CC clothing but still has colorblind mismatched clothing quite often. I'll look into NPCC, don't mind paying once to get a well made Mod, as long as said mod WORKS.

It works quite well even if it needs to add a random it's usually for a service job instead of all the unused rif-raf EA spawns.

The MCCC import from Tray is optional.

I only use it because I have around a hundred sims I've edited with cc over a longer period and saved to my Tray so I have an ample supply to import.

Guess you could say I'm a sim collector but I only edit females since I always play a male sim anyway.

1 hour ago, Scorpio said:

It works quite well even if it needs to add a random it's usually for a service job instead of all the unused rif-raf EA spawns.

The MCCC import from Tray is optional.

I only use it because I have around a hundred sims I've edited with cc over a longer period and saved to my Tray so I have an ample supply to import.

Guess you could say I'm a sim collector but I only edit females since I always play a male sim anyway.

My tray is full of pretty much all my Sims made up to date, often times I'll make a Sim, and then abandon the idea, then come back to them much later and change them a bit.

17 hours ago, Neodarkside said:

My tray is full of pretty much all my Sims made up to date, often times I'll make a Sim, and then abandon the idea, then come back to them much later and change them a bit.

There's also a setting in MCCC to not use sims that already exist in game.

But if/when it runs out of new sims to import it will use one anyway but change their names.

I've also found it will sometimes alter them by aging up/down, changing some clothing, and changing their traits.

Early in a new game save I usually add at least 20 of my Tray sims into game as Homeless one at a time.

Place them on a bare lot then evict.

This way they usually keep at least most of what they have intact.

NPCC might change their skills and traits for certain service job if there are no others available, like Bartenders need the Mixology skill.   

1 hour ago, aadrianova said:

Yes, I've found mod stopping 100% game from spawning randoms :D it's on Zero Mods page, tested and I can tell it blocks randoms to appear 

Thanks for bringing that one up too.

It's better than having nothing but we've found NPCC works better for us because of the options, settings, and versatility.

Not perfect but with all the settings you can usually find some workarounds.

When I want it to stop generating, no more sims are added, period.

Zero's will still let some in through the crack's though.

@BatDood actually tried Zero's and went back to using NPCC.

I've been using NPCC for awhile but decided to give Zero's mod a shot as @Scorpio mentioned.

While it does work to a certain degree, it's just doesn't have the controllability and tuning options that NPCC has and I went back to it.

Zero's mod is basically a set of filters with no options to tweak properly.

Unless someone can give Paulson some proper competition, NPCC will be sitting at the top of the heap for some time to come.

@Neodarkside

I just wanted to add further to my last post. This is in regard to the power of NPCC.

There is a setting to "Disable Shift Work" in NPCC. What this does is put a strict rule on how to assign service jobs.

For instance; let's say that I assign Travis Scott to be a Mixologist. Travis, and only Travis will be the Mixologist at every single Bar and Nightclub that my sims visit in my entire save. The only exception to this is when you go to a venue that has more than one bar. Another Mixologist will be assigned as well. At that point, any location you go to will randomly rotate between the two of them and only those two.

As you can probably tell, this reserves a ton of your tray sims for other jobs as well. Zero's mod does not have this functionality as it still follows EA's spawning mechanics even though it's not generating EA's fugly randoms due to it's filter system.

I'm certainly not trying to shill for Paulson or the paywall tactics but there's no denying what kind of control NPCC has. And this was only one example.

2 hours ago, BatDood said:

@Neodarkside

I just wanted to add further to my last post. This is in regard to the power of NPCC.

There is a setting to "Disable Shift Work" in NPCC. What this does is put a strict rule on how to assign service jobs.

For instance; let's say that I assign Travis Scott to be a Mixologist. Travis, and only Travis will be the Mixologist at every single Bar and Nightclub that my sims visit in my entire save. The only exception to this is when you go to a venue that has more than one bar. Another Mixologist will be assigned as well. At that point, any location you go to will randomly rotate between the two of them and only those two.

As you can probably tell, this reserves a ton of your tray sims for other jobs as well. Zero's mod does not have this functionality as it still follows EA's spawning mechanics even though it's not generating EA's fugly randoms due to it's filter system.

I'm certainly not trying to shill for Paulson or the paywall tactics but there's no denying what kind of control NPCC has. And this was only one example.

Thats interesting for the Shift worker, I sorta like making each location have specific Sims working. Works nicely if I alter a Sim specifically for a played Sim to meet. Makes me sad when the game changes them. Some locations doesn't change, but I've had some be changed. I have MCCC set to never cull as well so don't think they are being deleted, just replaced. Bartenders I might be interested in having specific ones always there.

16 minutes ago, Neodarkside said:

Thats interesting for the Shift worker, I sorta like making each location have specific Sims working.

I'm not entirely sure that I'm reading you correctly. Are you saying that you want to assign one specific sim to one specific location?

If that's the case, I don't think that there any mods out there that does that (that I've come across).

I was under the impression that you were looking for the best way to stop EA's random townie generation. When it comes to that, NPCC is the reigning king hands down as it does that and a whole lot more.

1 hour ago, BatDood said:

I'm not entirely sure that I'm reading you correctly. Are you saying that you want to assign one specific sim to one specific location?

If that's the case, I don't think that there any mods out there that does that (that I've come across).

I was under the impression that you were looking for the best way to stop EA's random townie generation. When it comes to that, NPCC is the reigning king hands down as it does that and a whole lot more.

Ok, to explain. Yes, I want EA to stop making new Random townies. I have plenty and since I don't play generations, the need to keep making more is not wanted.

Currently in my game I have about 6 Restaurants, 8ish bars. I removed all Coffee shops because for some reason the barista never shows or never works. Each Restaurant has its own unique wait staff and many have custom outfits. Got a biker bar/eatery, a maid theme, skimpy outfit theme, sulani nudits (or close to) theme, etc. So each of those I enjoy having specific sims working (for that location only). I'd say 80% of them have remained the same Sim, but every now and then I'll go to one (maybe its after each expansion, I haven't narrowed it down) and theres all new employees or perhaps one got replaced.

So Bartenders I wouldn't honestly mind having 1-3 specific Bartenders across the various bars. Servers and Hostesses I'd rather not always be the same across all venues.

21 minutes ago, Neodarkside said:

So Bartenders I wouldn't honestly mind having 1-3 specific Bartenders across the various bars.

Be sure to disable shifts or you'll get even more bartenders for shift changes.

They do tend to alternate between different bars at random but it's hit and miss sometimes.

If you have enough sims in game you could just use the NPCC setting 'Do Not Generate New Sims' and see how it goes.

Any do nothing sims in game already should be available if needed.

15 minutes ago, Scorpio said:

If you have enough sims in game you could just use the NPCC setting 'Do Not Generate New Sims' and see how it goes.

Any do nothing sims in game already should be available if needed.

Before doing this you can click on an NPC and select NPCC and Assign NPC Job.

It brings up a list of all the Service Jobs in Game so you can assign certain sims to specific jobs.

In reverse the other Menu Remove NPC Job will remove any job they have right now.

Might take a bit to take effect.

50 minutes ago, Neodarkside said:

So Bartenders I wouldn't honestly mind having 1-3 specific Bartenders across the various bars. Servers and Hostesses I'd rather not always be the same across all venues.

Honestly speaking; I think what you're looking for is so specific that there isn't a mod that can currently do what you're asking.

Your original request was about stopping EA's randoms.

The two best ways of doing that are Zero's mod or NPCC.

If you're looking for more population control, NPCC does it in spades.

If you just want randoms to stop, go with Zero's mod.

I'll probably check them both out. Stopping new randoms is my key goal. The ones I have are plenty for me. Additional features doesn't sound to bad. But will have to see when I play around with it, if/when I get it.

littlemssam on tumblr has some gameplay mods that might interest you. More buyable venues, Hire Certain Sims (for restaraunts), Retail Overhaul (includes ability to hire certain sims, for retail), Live in Business might interest you, and her whole Lot Trait Tag is great for specific customizations. (It includes dress code traits and traits to make lots adult only or keep ghosts out, etc, and a bunch of others that I find great for customizing a business)

You'll also probably want Nisa's Lot Trait Extender if you don't already have it

I'm assuming these all work with the NPCC mod, I don't have it. But I think using whichever of the mods suits your game will fix the gameplay issue you've been having : )