Sexout - The Lost (WIP Mod)

Hi Everyone

This is my first mod so please go easy on me, any and all feedback, suggestions etc welcome. Please also note that this is still a work in progress.

What the mod does:

Adds a new location (The lost vault) and faction (The Lost) to the game led by Mistress Sasha, a former mercenary turned slaver amongst many other business interests.

There are two main questlines allowing you to either become enslaved and trapped in the vault yourself or (by discovering a secret) enslave sasha and take over the lost.

The lost also have their own prostitution system using tokens which can be bought from the cashier who can be found in the vault. While enslaved you can earn these by servicing the various patrons and trade them in for caps, earn enough and you can even secure the freedom to leave.

Where to find the vault:

The vault can be accessed via a hatch on the ground located just off the road between Helios One and The Scrapyard.

Requirements and conflicts:

The mod requires the latest version of sexout and the sexout common resources as well as the base game. As far as i know there shouldn't be any conflicts (tested on my game with a large amount of other mods and no issues) however please let me know if you find any.

Installation:

Move the esp file to your fallout new vegas data folder. Then unzip the data file and drag the contents there too.

Known Bugs:

Issue:

After recieving the slave outfit from the guard (as part of choosing to become sasha's slave) the game can sometimes then
crash when opening pip boy or travelling to the other part of the vault.

Fix:

After recieving the outfit save the game and then reload. This appears to solve the issue as a workaround and you can then
continue playing as normal.

Issue:

Dialogue with Dr. Kate as part of the slave travel freedom quest won't always begin automatically after being teleported
to her.

Fix:

Simply talk to her as normal and you should see a dialogue option there to get things moving again

Issue:

Player crucifixtion (as part of earning your freedom while enslaved by sasha) seems to cause some weird camera bugs

Fix:

After being put on the cross I recommend going to third person camera and then doing tfc via console to switch to free
camera. When released then do tfc again and switch back to first person. This can still result in bugs with first person
camera mods however a quick save and reload should resolve this

Roadmap:

Currently Implemented:

Prostitution system (Currently two prostitutes and two patrons in the vault, more to be added in future version)

Main Questlines

Vault Location

Main Npcs and related dialogue (Mistress Sasha, Head Slave Jenny and Dr. Kate)

Various terminals and backstory

In progress:

Second office location located in freeside

Additional npc's (Primarily patrons and slaves/prostitutes) for the vault areas

Future Plans:

"Lost Agent" Npcs scattered around the mojave with associated quest lines

Further fleshing out of existing quests/mechanics

Additional quests

Regular income from taking over of vault

Additional Locations including slave market

TheLost.esp Thelostdata.zip

Nice! Looking forward to trying this, always good to have new content! Will provide some feedback later. 

As Neutron said though, you should use LL's inbuilt download system for this, as it will create a post automatically in Sexout with your download page, and the post there becomes your "support" page where people can ask questions/comment on the mod. It will get lost here otherwise.

EDIT: Played for a little while, here are some bugs and observations I found.

your spawner for the player is on the wrong side of the vault in the lost vault (from the wasteland)
visible seams and oblivion inside cave
missing mesh/red exclamation mark next to dr.kate
first patron you encounter results in a dialogue line for the player that just says ylostpatron21
alternate sex act aborts due to SexoutActRunFull aborting, actor is invalid, code -1
(any acts with her result in this)
door misalined on 2nd level
by comparison, both of Dr.Kate's animations seemed to work fine
failure and sucess options for head slave jenny are both the same
if you don't have enough caps the 1st time when you speak to jenny you can't bring the option to join again afterwards, so you can't proceed
all of your playr spawn points are facing the wrong way - facing towards the door they come in from, rather than the other way
missing mesh/red exclamation mark next to elite guard in living quarters
missing mesh seems to be at every desk
exchanging chips for cash doesn't seem to take into account how many chips you actually have
there is a missing t junction floor piece on the 2nd floor of the living quarters atrium where everybody is
almost all the sleeping rolls disappear when you enter the room with all the sleeping rolls
becoming a slave and servicing the legion patron asks for you to fuck him with a strapon, but he blows you instead
everyone replies to a prompt with "What do you need?" in the same voice, would be good to diversify this as they all just sound the same

Hi 

Thanks for getting back to me. First time uploading so wasn't aware it was in the wrong place but I will correct this as soon as possible. 

As for the bugs noted it seems I may have uploaded an older version of the file by mistake, I will also correct this when reuploading in the correct place which should remove most of the bugs you experienced. 

This is my first time working with the geck let alone the sexout api and still very much a wip though, this version should be seen more as a demo to gauge interest really. 

One thing to note is the voices are just the standard ones from the game/sexout so can't seem to do much about that, the mod isn't voiced and I currently have no plans to make it voiced (One man band and self taught from what I could find on here/geck wiki so it's a bit beyond my capabilities at this time). 

Thanks

2 hours ago, nvmodderuk said:

One man band and self taught from what I could find on here/geck wiki so it's a bit beyond my capabilities at this time

for vanilla voices you can always cheat and use xVASynth(NVVASynth is new vegas version which have the most of nv's voice models) tool, of course w/o any sound editing it will be sound bad, but it can help a lot in case if you'll be willing to put some sort of voice in

Edit: I also have checked your sexout code, it uses legacy api that can cause some problems if it will go a bit more complex, so i'd recommend to swap it on either nx variables or sexout calls, both will give all features of sexout api (if you have changed it in your newer version, then you can ignore this addition)

6 hours ago, nvmodderuk said:

As for the bugs noted it seems I may have uploaded an older version of the file by mistake

The curse of releasing strikes again. Every single time I released a mod for the first time, I messed up something stupid like that.

On 4/28/2021 at 7:59 PM, ChancellorKremlin said:

Nice! Looking forward to trying this, always good to have new content! Will provide some feedback later. 

As Neutron said though, you should use LL's inbuilt download system for this, as it will create a post automatically in Sexout with your download page, and the post there becomes your "support" page where people can ask questions/comment on the mod. It will get lost here otherwise.

EDIT: Played for a little while, here are some bugs and observations I found.

Hide contents

your spawner for the player is on the wrong side of the vault in the lost vault (from the wasteland)
visible seams and oblivion inside cave
missing mesh/red exclamation mark next to dr.kate
first patron you encounter results in a dialogue line for the player that just says ylostpatron21
alternate sex act aborts due to SexoutActRunFull aborting, actor is invalid, code -1
(any acts with her result in this)
door misalined on 2nd level
by comparison, both of Dr.Kate's animations seemed to work fine
failure and sucess options for head slave jenny are both the same
if you don't have enough caps the 1st time when you speak to jenny you can't bring the option to join again afterwards, so you can't proceed
all of your playr spawn points are facing the wrong way - facing towards the door they come in from, rather than the other way
missing mesh/red exclamation mark next to elite guard in living quarters
missing mesh seems to be at every desk
exchanging chips for cash doesn't seem to take into account how many chips you actually have
there is a missing t junction floor piece on the 2nd floor of the living quarters atrium where everybody is
almost all the sleeping rolls disappear when you enter the room with all the sleeping rolls
becoming a slave and servicing the legion patron asks for you to fuck him with a strapon, but he blows you instead
everyone replies to a prompt with "What do you need?" in the same voice, would be good to diversify this as they all just sound the same

Just re read this and a couple of the bugs don't seem to make sense so will have to look into those. All the desks just have standard game assets on them except for three custom terminals which again use the standard assets for the models

Same for the furniture in the living quarters so I can't think why there would be missing meshs there. 

The missing mesh next to doctor Kate should be ZAZs bitch box model, not sure why thats not appearing as as far as I read it's an integrated part of sexout now however can always just remove that as a fix. 

(Coincidentally the crucifixes found in the first section are also the ZAZ models had to modify the standard crucifixtion furniture marker and code to get them to work though as couldn't find any way within sexout). 

Everything else however should be fixed if I can manage to actually upload the right file this time lol

I don't know why, for the 1st time in ages I checked the highest current post in sexout and found this. I usually would not have seen this mod, so I do recommend you use the download page for this ?

Regardless thanks for sharing mate ?

Have now rereleased a hopefully fixed version via the proper channels. will leave this up for now as reference however all future support/updates to come via the other page which can be found here:

A couple of things mentioned previously have not been fixed like the missing junction piece as this is intentional, also haven't managed to fix the issue with spawn markers however this will be addressed in an update coming within the next few weeks, currently it shouldn't affect playability just look a little weird.