Bodyslide not creating files when run through MO

I've tried several times to process BodySlide files, but there seems to be something weird about wherever it's trying to export them to. I've checked the overwrite mod, the game's data folder, and the BodySlide mod directory itself, and the files don't show up anywhere. I tried setting a specific output mod and ran BodySlide to see if it was outputting anything, but the output mod remained empty after processing. However, it did create files once when it overwrote existing files in the overwrite mod. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Afaik, if you use MO2 and the MO2-user advised technique of placing resource files where Bethesda and mod authors aren't expecting them to be, you need to specify the pathes, which are by default (empty path in the settings advanced output path field) connected to the standard path for meshes.

I'd recommend that you visit the Bodyslide mod page and review their instructions, Afaik they have instructions for those of you who don't use the normal paths.

If the files already exist in any of your installed mods folder, BS will replace them in these folders instead of creating them in Overwrite. Perhaps BS is building the proper files, but you're not aware of where.

You can force BS to generate files in a particular folder, but doing so can increase the size of your mo2/mods folders considerably (depending on the amount of files you already have + the total amount of files generated).

1. Inside Bodyslide go to it's Settings
  2. Click in Advanced
  3. Specify an Output Path in the corresponding field
  4. Press OK to save your changes

image.png.e8ccbbbfdc6bb9a1807eb39e925a818a.png

That will redirect all the files from BS into a particular folder which should be a mod folder managed by MO2. If you go this route I'd recommend you to place said mod near the bottom of the left pane. But again, this isn't a required step or configuration, you may already have a functional MO2+BS setup. I'd check in game if the changes were applied, or just check in your bodyslide related folders (in the left panel) to see if the nif files inside were the ones you just built in BS). 

• 1 year later...
On 4/27/2021 at 11:29 AM, Just Don't said:

If the files already exist in any of your installed mods folder, BS will replace them in these folders instead of creating them in Overwrite. Perhaps BS is building the proper files, but you're not aware of where.

You can force BS to generate files in a particular folder, but doing so can increase the size of your mo2/mods folders considerably (depending on the amount of files you already have + the total amount of files generated).

1. Inside Bodyslide go to it's Settings
  2. Click in Advanced
  3. Specify an Output Path in the corresponding field
  4. Press OK to save your changes

image.png.e8ccbbbfdc6bb9a1807eb39e925a818a.png

That will redirect all the files from BS into a particular folder which should be a mod folder managed by MO2. If you go this route I'd recommend you to place said mod near the bottom of the left pane. But again, this isn't a required step or configuration, you may already have a functional MO2+BS setup. I'd check in game if the changes were applied, or just check in your bodyslide related folders (in the left panel) to see if the nif files inside were the ones you just built in BS). 

I'm having trouble kinda understanding. :/ 

So what actually goes in that output folder with slider presets?

I'm using Mod Organizer, and I notice that outfits aren't changing ingame---even after building their bodyslides using the tool.

Do slider presets go in there, or Shapedata (where outfit sizes were created).

I'm also seeing this

image.jpeg.834e14182a9115edf924dea6da3b5690.jpeg

I never saw this before in any of me using bodyslide with nmm. Can you help?

it's empty.JPG

13 hours ago, Nevadathehighelf said:

So what actually goes in that output folder with slider presets?

You shouldn't change the output path, unless you know what you're doing. It's not needed for regular usage.

I'm using Mod Organizer, and I notice that outfits aren't changing ingame---even after building their bodyslides using the tool.

Verify your BS installation is correct and that you're using it through MO as intended. By default BS should generate all necessary files in the last mod providing outfit files, or in Overwrite if the files are new.

Do slider presets go in there, or Shapedata (where outfit sizes were created).

You shouldn't mess with these folders unless you know what you're doing. If that were the case you shouldn't be asking me because I only know about the uttermost basic usage which is install BS, set it up to work with MO, install outfits with BS files, then use BS to build things as needed. None of that requires you to manually set output paths or mess with Sliders or Shapedata folders.

I'm also seeing this

That's from newer versions of BS. By the look of that filepath the selected set in the "Outfit/Body" field is the one you usually build and the one used ingame. If the filepath is in red it means there are other sets for the same outfit or body set and it's not being built by BS (and thus not used ingame).

If you're interested in a step by step about BS I wrote it all in the orange link in my signature. The BS step in particular had to be updated quite a bit to account for some of the latest BS changes. Give it a read and maybe you'll see what I mean with basic and regular BS usage. But do note that I'm not familiar with COCO body at all, so there is info you might need to fetch from other places (like the COCO body mod description/comments/readme/etc.).

Edited by Just Don't
3 hours ago, Just Don't said:

You shouldn't change the output path, unless you know what you're doing. It's not needed for regular usage.

Verify your BS installation is correct and that you're using it through MO as intended. By default BS should generate all necessary files in the last mod providing outfit files, or in Overwrite if the files are new.

You shouldn't mess with these folders unless you know what you're doing. If that were the case you shouldn't be asking me because I only know about the uttermost basic usage which is install BS, set it up to work with MO, install outfits with BS files, then use BS to build things as needed. None of that requires you to manually set output paths or mess with Sliders or Shapedata folders.

That's from newer versions of BS. By the look of that filepath the selected set in the "Outfit/Body" field is the one you usually build and the one used ingame. If the filepath is in red it means there are other sets for the same outfit or body set and it's not being built by BS (and thus not used ingame).

If you're interested in a step by step about BS I wrote it all in the orange link in my signature. The BS step in particular had to be updated quite a bit to account for some of the latest BS changes. Give it a read and maybe you'll see what I mean with basic and regular BS usage. But do note that I'm not familiar with COCO body at all, so there is info you might need to fetch from other places (like the COCO body mod description/comments/readme/etc.).

I'm afraid I'm far too drunk right now to read those scripts, my dude??

I installed bodyslide correctly, but for some reason it still doesnt work. It's all far too stressful for me to keep trying to get it to work, I'm giving up on it.