Game crashes on loading any save file

Hey everyone

I'm running a somewhat heavily modded skyrim with 500+ mods and it has been a considerably stable load order since my last playthrough which lasted 80 hours with no problems. This time around tho, my game crashed after 27 hours, and now I can't load any of my recent save files 'in that playthrough'. I have 80 save files and since that last crash save files 34-80 can't be loaded, which is the weird part since I've had no problem loading them before and no changes have been made to the load order throughout the game. files 33 and older can be loaded, strangely. I can also create a new character with no problem.

So far I've tried to no avail:

cleaning the save file from unattached instances, but there were none.

loading from skse and not mod manager

lowering anim count

checking for str count

using the player.kill trick found online

using the pre-load thing also found online

My load order and papyrus log have been attached. the log seems crazy but it's always been like that with no problems. Also using vortex, with bethini and no enb.

I know it's a long shot but if anyone has any ideas I appreciate it. Not really fond of replaying 30+ hours tbh, especially if this could happen again.

EDIT:

The save file size is between 2-10 mbs

I have about 10k and use fnis xxl. Have been running the game in the same ball park for a really long time so I don't think it's that.

looking at the HDD indicator light (or whatever it's called :? ) of my pc, the game seems to be done loading -the light turns off for a second- but then turns back on until the game crashes.

Also I'd have to mention that the last save file that can be loaded (#33) is the second one I made after entering Tamriel from the LAL cell. Also that the #34 is only 3 minutes later but doesn't load.

loadorder.txt Papyrus.0.log

26 minutes ago, Sunbro01 said:

Hey everyone

I'm running a somewhat heavily modded skyrim with 500+ mods and it has been a considerably stable load order since my last playthrough which lasted 80 hours with no problems. This time around tho, my game crashed after 27 hours, and now I can't load any of my recent save files 'in that playthrough'. I have 80 save files and since that last crash save files 34-80 can't be loaded, which is the weird part since I've had no problem loading them before and no changes have been made to the load order throughout the game. files 33 and older can be loaded, strangely. I can also create a new character with no problem.

So far I've tried to no avail:

cleaning the save file from unattached instances, but there were none.

loading from skse and not mod manager

lowering anim count

checking for str count

using the player.kill trick found online

using the pre-load thing also found online

My load order and papyrus log have been attached. the log seems crazy but it's always been like that with no problems. Also using vortex, with bethini and no enb.

I know it's a long shot but if anyone has any ideas I appreciate it. Not really fond of replaying 30+ hours tbh.

loadorder.txt 14.17 kB · 0 downloads Papyrus.0.log 172.66 kB · 1 download

Speaking of long shots try this.

Turn off the XPMSE esp. DO NOT DISABLE OR DELETE THE MOD. Simply turn off the esp. I did not see that you have any of the mods I recognize as requiring it. However, check your mod manager or LOOT after you turn it off to be certain (why wait for a different CTD?).

My thinking is that:

1) you don't need it anyway (see above).

2) when you use it, it tends to eat a lot of engine resources, which

3) is reflected in your papyrus log.

From your description I would have guessed save bloat but if you've done what you said you did that doesn't seem likely.

21 minutes ago, Sunbro01 said:

my game crashed after 27 hours,

It is certainly not a question of time

22 minutes ago, Sunbro01 said:

with 500+ mods

They seem a little excessive to me. It is probably normal that you are unable to start some plugins . Maybe you should consider deactivating some of them

Instead of using Vortex, use LOOT for correct load order.

FNIS report, reveals errors?

Have you installed the various fixes?

for curiosity's sake, have you tried loading the same save again and again?

I've had an issue for a while where my wimpy 6G VRAM video card gets smacked with a spike on load, which (I think) causes a CTD. Rebooting the game and loading the savefile again causes a CTD again, but this time there's just  a little more activity before it dies... And then I load again, and sure enough it loads almost fully...and either loads successfully or...freezes and dies.

And then I do it again (stubborn twit I am) and voila, it loads correctly

So at least for me, either the video is getting spiked beyond my VRAM limits... or possibly there's some audio equivalent... when I load, I get a really loud "Pssssssh!" from (I think) the game establishing my buffs...idk, anyway, something appears to be choking the game during the initialization, but eventually, the game usually loads ok if I'm persistent in trying to load the same savefile.. 

And the funny thing is, I can play that one for a while (3 or 4 hours) save, exit, load the game later, and the new save loads just fine....and then it happens again sometime later on a newer save.. I've just accepted it, since I'm not playing on an SOA system and tbh, I've experienced a variety of odd issues with  Skyrim from day one, so that I've just grown accustomed to encountering weird things from time to time.

I will note that the occurrence of these strange game load events has been reduced by at least 1/2 by not starting the game with the internet connected. That's another odd spike I see when loading (with the internet enabled) even though I play "offline".  a massive Ethernet spike every time the game starts with internet enabled

fwiw... 

Just now, Psalam said:

Speaking of long shots try this.

Turn off the XPMSE esp. DO NOT DISABLE OR DELETE THE MOD. Simply turn off the esp. I did not see that you have any of the mods I recognize as requiring it. However, check your mod manager or LOOT after you turn it off to be certain (why wait for a different CTD?).

My thinking is that:

1) you don't need it anyway (see above).

2) when you use it, it tends to eat a lot of engine resources, which

3) is reflected in your papyrus log.

From your description I would have guessed save bloat but if you've done what you said you did that doesn't seem likely.

I tried it but it's still the same as before.

Save bloat was also my guess but my save files are 10mb max, and mostly around 2mb.

Just now, Lestat1627 said:

They seem a little excessive to me. It is probably normal that you are unable to start some plugins . Maybe you should consider deactivating some of them

They probably are, and excessive or not it's definitely a huge pain in the ass to troubleshoot. But that's why I mentioned the time and the older saves that work consistently. Never had a problem in 27 hours + the last 80 hour playthrough

Instead of using Vortex, use LOOT for correct load order.

FNIS report, reveals errors?

Have you installed the various fixes?

testing with loot was the first thing I tried right after disabling one or two anim mods

fnis has no errors

And I have the srt crash fix and engine fixes, among others; but these would be the important ones in my case, I assume?

Just now, anjenthedog said:

for curiosity's sake, have you tried loading the same save again and again?

Appreciate the response. I'm something of a stubborn twit myself , and I retried loading it for at least 6 times before I started looking for fixes.

The thing is that by looking at the hdd indicator light of my PC, I can see when the game is about to be done loading. And in the case of these save files that I can't load, the light looks like it's done loading and turns off for a second (after which a healthy save would be finished loading), but then turns back on for a good 6 seconds until the game crashes. The point of my blabbering being, after trying for 2 days, I've gotten used to just starring at the light when reloading the save, and it's duration or pattern doesn't seem to change no matter how many times I try.

7 hours ago, T-lam said:

Horse c5kev

One of those add a horse.

Had a similar problem, could save but not load.

thanks, but non of the c5kev mods I have add a horse.

7 hours ago, anjenthedog said:

Well  it was worth a try anyway... (When I was experiencing this more often, I did something similar, watching the graphs in task manager while the game loaded - on a second monitor)

best wishes.  

Appreciate it :)

3 hours ago, Lestat1627 said:

Generally the following are used:

Load game fix;

Safety Load;

Bug fix;

Brawl bug;

D3DX9_42 wrapper;

Animation loading fix;

HDT Physics Extintion fix;

Crash fix; 

Havok fix;

SrtCrash fix;

HDT Invisibility fix;

Thanks

Tried all of them, except for the HDT ones since I couldn't find them for SE, and HDT doesn't seem to be the problem anyways. And no luck

Think I might just say fuck it and nuke my setup