Wondering If Someone Can Help Me With Body Sliders

I recently downloaded a custom Sim from here on the site. As usual, she came with a LOT of CC in addition to the Tray files. Most of the CC I already had, but this was the first Sim I've ever had, that had hip, butt and thigh sliders. As well as the MYOBI-EveBodyPresetNatural. I loved how this Sim looked, and wanted to convert some of my other ones to have a similar look. But I don't know how to do it. I looked all through my CAS under every heading I could possibly think of, but couldn't see anything describing those kinds of body sliders, and how I can apply them to my own Sims. I have mouth and eye sliders which show up under Body, where skins, genitalia, pubic hair etc. is showing.....but I couldn't see anything describing hip, butt and thigh sliders.

I have Wicked Whims, and was originally using the female body that came with that.

So, my question is.....how did the Mod author add those sliders to his Sim? How can I repeat what he has done with my own Sims? And....in case you might be wondering....I'm VERY new to this. I've had the game since July of 2020, and have learned a lot, but still a ways to go, I think.

Can someone take some time to explain a bit about this part of CC and modding? I'd be most grateful for any help at all. Thanks!

I can't give an exact answer and it may be wrong for your sim. There may be other ways to achieve similar results.

TS4 may have some sliders without UI controls - they may have been used here.

The morph maker by CmarNYC is usually used to create sliders.

There you create sliders in step one. The sliders may be saved after step one. In step two CAS UI controls are added and saved into a new packyge. This way the slider ID of the sliders is identical, both sliders deform the sim but only the 2nd package file has controls.

Sliders with controls are likely used to form the sim in CAS.

If sliders of step one instead of step two are distributed (merged into another package, very hard to locate) with the sim it will have no UI sliders.

One could extract all slider IDs and values to get a better idea what's the issue with your sim. Or you simply download a few sliders. I have too many of them installed and need to clean up my CC one day.

9 hours ago, Oops19 said:

I can't give an exact answer and it may be wrong for your sim. There may be other ways to achieve similar results.

TS4 may have some sliders without UI controls - they may have been used here.

Hey, thanks for your reply!

So, you're saying the sliders were embedded in the Sim when the Sim was created? And even although I can see those Slider .package files in with the CC, it's not something I can actually select to place on another Sim that I have created? Or create a new Sim using those Sliders? Guess all I can do in that case, download the same Sim into CAS and change face, hair and that sort of thing, but I can't apply the sliders to a new Sim unless I follow the procedure you mentioned?

I don't really have an issue with any of my Sims....except I just want to either create new ones using those sliders, or apply them to ones I've already made.

Ok, well, I appreciate you explaining things a bit. Thanks again.

I really don't use sliders but I do have the flat chested one and it works on the sim. You turn the sim different ways to manipulate the slider. Like up or down on the breast from the side and then left and right from the front of the sim. I figure it will be different for the particular sliders that you got in that sim since they are for different body parts. Maybe take a random generated in CAS to try it out instead of messing up one of your own to see if that might work. Sorry for butting in, thought might two cents might help. Like I said, I don't really use sliders so...

?

44 minutes ago, GreyMouse said:

I really don't use sliders but I do have the flat chested one and it works on the sim. You turn the sim different ways to manipulate the slider. Like up or down on the breast from the side and then left and right from the front of the sim. I figure it will be different for the particular sliders that you got in that sim since they are for different body parts. Maybe take a random generated in CAS to try it out instead of messing up one of your own to see if that might work. Sorry for butting in, thought might two cents might help. Like I said, I don't really use sliders so...

?

Hey....thanks for your reply!

Well, manipulating the existing sliders isn't my issue. It's taking a scratch-built Sim of my own creation, and applying those sliders to THAT Sim. My main issue is HOW do I place those sliders in CAS?  So, my question was how to take those same hip, thigh, calf & butt sliders that were on the Sim I downloaded.....and getting them into that new creation. I cannot locate them in CAS. Or, applying them to some that I have already made. As I mentioned in my OP, I could take the Sim I downloaded and use the body already created that has those sliders and create my own Sim from that base. But I enjoy making Sims from scratch, so.....  :)

Sorry for butting in, thought might two cents might help. Like I said, I don't really use sliders so...

Hey, you're not butting in, believe me. I need all the help and suggestions I can get! Again, I appreciate your input. Thanks!

9 minutes ago, Sandatharius said:

Well, manipulating the existing sliders isn't my issue. It's taking a scratch-built Sim of my own creation, and applying those sliders to THAT Sim. My main issue is HOW do I place those sliders in CAS?  So, my question was how to take those same hip, thigh, calf & butt sliders that were on the Sim I downloaded.....and getting them into that new creation. I cannot locate them in CAS. Or, applying them to some that I have already made. As I mentioned in my OP, I could take the Sim I downloaded and use the body already created that has those sliders and create my own Sim from that base. But I enjoy making Sims from scratch, so.....  :)

Ah, I see now. I think I misunderstood a little. Once they go into your Mod folder, they should be available to use on any of them regardless of whether they are fresh made or older ones. When I added the flat chested slider I was able to just go into a sim I had already made and adjust her. Admittedly that was when I started a new save so I'm not sure about mid save or not. But anyway, there shouldn't be anything beyond putting them in the mod folder and then having a go at it. The sliders should not be "stuck" to just that one sim.

?

3 minutes ago, GreyMouse said:

Once they go into your Mod folder, they should be available to use on any of them regardless of whether they are fresh made or older ones. When I added the flat chested slider I was able to just go into a sim I had already made and adjust her. Admittedly that was when I started a new save so I'm not sure about mid save or not. But anyway, there shouldn't be anything beyond putting them in the mod folder and then having a go at it. The sliders should not be "stuck" to just that one sim.

?

Well, I think this is what's confusing me. For example, under Body Modifications, I thought I would see thumbnails of those sliders to apply to my Sims. You know....like a little picture of her thigh, or calf or hips etc. But I don't. And wouldn't I need to in order for me to apply them to the Sim I was creating. For example, when you added the flat chested slider, was there actually a thumbnail of it, so you knew what it was?

2 hours ago, Sandatharius said:

Well, I think this is what's confusing me. For example, under Body Modifications, I thought I would see thumbnails of those sliders to apply to my Sims. You know....like a little picture of her thigh, or calf or hips etc. But I don't. And wouldn't I need to in order for me to apply them to the Sim I was creating. For example, when you added the flat chested slider, was there actually a thumbnail of it, so you knew what it was?

No, there isn't any thumbnail or anything. I think it becomes on of those "remember what you have installed". I forget a lot of shit so I tend to keep my game simple. Having that one slider I just have to remember that it is there so I can make the breasts a lot smaller than you normally can without it. Maybe some of them have some type of indicator but I don't think so. The actual slider download page may tell you more info. I doubt it though, usually just how exactly it works.

?

As GreyMouse wrote there is no CAS icon. Either the sliders are there when you click with your mouse on a body part or there missing. If you can modify the sliders for the downloaded sim all sims should have them. But there should be a sliders package file somewhere (unless they were merged into other cc or skin packages)

There is a limited number of body parts/slider positions. Front/back/front-left,-right/left/right for each part. Depending on the sim rotation a slider may be available or not.

Using three breast sliders makes sense (1 front, 1 front-left/right and 1 left/right) and they are usually in one package file. Installing two breadt slider files will usually leadbto a conflict and only one will be used. 

Well, I appreciate the replies. I've pretty much given up on trying to duplicate the features of the Sim that came with the sliders. The only way I've found, when I want to create a new Sim with those sliders, is to pull in the Sim that I wanted to repeat and create a new face, hair, whatever on that same Sim. Because if I build a new Sim from scratch, breasts, hips, thighs & calf sliders don't load with the CAS. They use the defaults. My problem is my own lack of understanding on how Sims uses mods and sliders etc. Seems I just can't wrap my head around it at all. So, this seems to be the path of least resistance.  ?

Thanks again for your replies, everyone.