Skyrim VR: Sexlab Survival Troubleshooting

Hello, I'm in need of assistance with getting sexlab survival to work fully with it's extensions in SkyrimVR. Please feel free to share any information, or help out in any way you can.

Load order in spoiler

Spoiler

0  0     Skyrim.esm
  1  1     Update.esm
  2  2     Dawnguard.esm
  3  3     HearthFires.esm
  4  4     Dragonborn.esm
  5  5     SkyrimVR.esm
  6  6     Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Main.esm
  7  7     Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp
  8  8     Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm
  9  9     CreatureFramework.esm
 10  a     ZaZAnimationPack.esm
 11  b     SexLab.esm
 12  c     Devious Devices - Assets.esm
 13  d     SexLabAroused.esm
 14  e     Devious Devices - Integration.esm
 15  f     Devious Devices - Expansion.esm
 16 10     Devious Devices - Contraptions.esm
 17 11     SkyUI_SE.esp
 18 12     Destructible Skyrim.esp
 19 13     SMIM-SE-Merged-All.esp
 20 14     ELFX - Exteriors.esp
 21 15     Reverb and Ambiance Overhaul - Skyrim.esp
 22 16     ELFX - Weathers.esp
 23 17     RealisticMiningAndChoppingVR.esp
 24 18     SexLab TDF Aggressive Prostitution.esp
 25 19     SexLabMatchMaker.esp
 26 1a     SexLab Aroused Creatures.esp
 27 1b     Schlongs of Skyrim.esp
 28 1c     SOS - VectorPlexus Regular Addon.esp
 29 1d     SOS - VectorPlexus Muscular Addon.esp
 30 1e     sr_FillHerUp.esp
 31 1f     SLALAnimObjBillyy.esp
 32 20     Audiobooks of Skyrim.esp
 33 21     AllThievesGuildJobsConcurrently.esp
 34 22     EldrichBattery.esp
 35 23     ElementalArrows.esp
 36 24     truetelekinesis.esp
 37 25     Leave Combat.esp
 38 26     EnhancedLightsandFX.esp
 39 27     iNeed.esp
 40 28     iNeed - Extended.esp
 41 29     ShocksCookingSkillHF.esp
 42 2a     Simple Realistic Archery VR.esp
 43 2b     Cathedral Landscapes.esp
 44 2c     Ghost Weapons Sheathing and Unsheathing Sound Effects Enhanced.esp
 45 2d     DeadlySpellImpacts.esp
 46 2e     dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp
 47 2f     Book Covers Skyrim.esp
 48 30     SoundsofSkyrimComplete.esp
 49 31     Obsidian Mountain Fogs.esp
 50 32     Cathedral Weathers.esp
 51 33     Civil War Aftermath.esp
           SoS_ELE_Patch.esp
 52 34     SimplyKnock.esp
 53 35     SL Survival.esp
 54 36     RichMerchantsSkyrim_x2.esp
           SoS_VividWeathers_Patch.esp
254 FE   0 SoS_Cathedral_Patch.esp
 55 37     dD-Medium Script Range.esp
 56 38     MaximumCarnage.esp
 57 39     FollowerWander2.esp
           SoS_RLOInteriors_Patch.esp
 58 3a     HentaiCreatures.esp
 59 3b     higgs_vr.esp
 60 3c     AKSkyrimUnderground.esp
 61 3d     FurnitureMarkerSex.esp
 62 3e     BeSeated_3.0.0.esp
 63 3f     Deviously Cursed Loot.esp
 64 40     Skyrim Trading Posts.esp
 65 41     SexLabSkoomaWhore.esp
254 FE   1 JK's Sleeping Giant Inn.esp
 66 42     Devious Devices For Him.esp
254 FE   2 Devious Devices SE patch.esp
 67 43     Devious Devices - BRRF.esp
 68 44     DeviousFollowers.esp
 69 45     Bound Tools Spell.esp
 70 46     Apocalypse - Magic of Skyrim.esp
 71 47     MoreNastyCritters.esp
 72 48     HornyCreatures.esp
254 FE   3 tdgsseSkippableIntroTutorial.esp
 73 49     SLAnimLoader.esp
 74 4a     SLACS.esp
 75 4b     CBBE.esp
 76 4c     vrik.esp
 77 4d     XPMSE.esp
 78 4e     SOSRaceMenu.esp
 79 4f     FNIS.esp
 80 50     Spank That Ass.esp
 81 51     Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul.esp
254 FE   4 SoS_ImmersiveCitizens_Patch.esp

Current issues encountered: Unable to open character menus (ie: Inventory, magic, skills, map) or the menu to select said menus. Unable to save or load game as well as open quests or general stats in pause menu.

Using Vortex to install mods

Using original vive headset through steam vr.

Using Loot for sorting load order

I have not received any error messages while exiting the game or while in game in the first place. Any information or tips would be greatly appreciated. 

So this support is starting from here:

And continued with a bit of DM support before moved here.  Another piece that was mentioned in the DM support was CTD on amin start.  It is not mentioned here and would be important to know.  According to our DM messages you got the basic SexLab working by following Priyno's Guide.  Then started adding mods and something broke.

This is advice that I read once and even now occasionally fail to follow, but it can not be stated enough:

Add one mod at a time and test.  This will help you isolate which mod does what (including problems)

My sincere advice would be start at Prinyo's list and verify everything works.  Then add just the mods from the spoiler below.  Test. Then add other mods one at a time.

Specifically Survival asks for this:

Spoiler

Special Edition

Latest Survival conversion: https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/15092-sexlab-survival-se/

Don't forget the requirements:

FOR VR Use the PapyrusVR instead of the SE https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/22854?tab=files- 1. PapyrusUtil SE: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/13048

2. Simply Knock: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/14098

3. Simply Knock DLL fix: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/24297

Let Nothing Overwrite PapyrusVR! *

I have been modding skyrimVR for a year now.  At this point I am almost certain that the problem is not Sexlab Survival.  There are several quirks unique to VR mods or SE conversions but SLS was one that worked flawlessly for me without any issues.  Now this might be that I have 458 active mods and 255 plugins.  So the issue might be a dependency that you might not have.  There are several utilities that have been converted specifically for VR and are pretty vital.  Here is a list:

https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimvr/comments/lnsb1w/list_of_some_skyrimvr_specific_utilities_you/

A followup note: Sexlab Survival does impact the map.  You have to buy a map and compass from a vendor to get them to work in game.  This works fine in VR and does not impact the other UI elements.  All the things you mentioned "Unable to open character menus (ie: Inventory, magic, skills, map) or the menu to select said menus. Unable to save or load game as well as open quests or general stats in pause menu. " are associated with SkyUI.  Make sure you have the VR version from GitHub https://github.com/Odie/skyui-vr/releases/ and check your game again.

*Also on the first page of Prinyo's guide's support page there were some people having issues with Vortex and PapyrusVR.  Check out the solutions posted there or switch to MO2.

I think it is worth repeating:

My sincere advice would be start at Prinyo's list and verify everything works.  Then add just the Sexlab Survival mods from the spoiler.  Test. This would verify it is SLS causing the issue.

First off, thank you for the amount of support you are giving. It is very kind of you to share your time with me, I have a problem where I will over add mods at a time because I don't want to wait for each one. So that is my down fall, I will unload everything that I am not certain on, and re add them slowly. 

Thank you again for your continued support.

Glad to hear it works.  Simply Knock SE does have lots of issues.  You can check out the posts/bugs page.  The VR .dll fix was compiled by someone who did not have VR and it fixes the CTD issue.  I do not think it actually works.  I haven't really tried to make it work as I don't ever use it.  I find it is a totally justified plugin in the load order for SexLab Survival.  Some mods require five plugins (I'm looking at you Milk Maid Economy).

While you are testing one mod at a time and getting your SkyrimVR game perfect, you should check out my new mod SCARS VR Loading Screen Mod.
Hopefully it allow loading in and out to be a bit more entertaining.

On 3/23/2021 at 1:02 PM, JayDrizzle said:

Glad to hear it works.  Simply Knock SE does have lots of issues.  You can check out the posts/bugs page.  The VR .dll fix was compiled by someone who did not have VR and it fixes the CTD issue.  I do not think it actually works.  I haven't really tried to make it work as I don't ever use it.  I find it is a totally justified plugin in the load order for SexLab Survival.  Some mods require five plugins (I'm looking at you Milk Maid Economy).

While you are testing one mod at a time and getting your SkyrimVR game perfect, you should check out my new mod SCARS VR Loading Screen Mod.
Hopefully it allow loading in and out to be a bit more entertaining.

A new issue has arrived. I just installed SLSO se with the vr patch and made sure nothing was overwriting it, following the instructions, as it would seem any time im entered into a animation my character starts floating above the other actors or below them with a contorted body. Not sure what to do with this, I have never seen it before.

SLSO modifies a script in SexLab that The SexLabVR patch also modifies (I believe it was sslActorAlias). So they are incompatible.

However, Reikiri worked on an integration but lost the source files.  There was one version of SexLab VR that kinda worked with a specific SLSO and specific arousal version.  It also had custom controls for VIRK. I never tried to use the SLSO version of the SexLab VR patch by Reikiri.  There was mention of a another attempt at a ground up rewrite for VR by Reikiri and personally I would start a new game for that creation!

• 1 year later...
On 3/24/2021 at 5:32 PM, Tomfool13 said:

So is the sexlab vr patch and the SLAO patch interchangable? Do I need to have them both in order for it to work?

Not sure if you ever found what you were looking for, but maybe you or someone else will find this helpful.

• 1 year later...
On 3/24/2021 at 3:37 PM, Tomfool13 said:

any time im entered into a animation my character starts floating above the other actors or below them with a contorted body. Not sure what to do with this, I have never seen it before.

Sorry to necro this, but I just had this problem. Any chance you were able to fix this and remember how you did it?