[mod] Daughters of Lust

On 10/13/2021 at 4:05 AM, NoNickNeeded said:

I have a bit of an issue with aging and the appearance of my character in general.

I made a female character that does not age and selected a breast shape I like, but upon awakening as a Succubus, my character's breasts changed to another set and while her aging is quite slow, it does happen. The hair colour stays the same, but the face gets wrinkels and the breasts sagg.... a lot.

Is there any way to disable this body-replacement/change?

Everything else (including still being 100% fertile and giving birth to children at the "young" age of 168) works perfectly fine for me. Really nice mod you made there. :)

Thanks for the feedback! I'm aware of the issues with aging in this mod, but there are some technical difficulties with implementing "true" age reduction mechanics so I've been holding off on it for now until Paradox gives modders more tools to work with.

4 hours ago, myname789 said:

FWIW, the "Immortality - Improved" mod has mechanics for freezing and changing the visible age, so that may be something worth incorporating into DoL. Or just using separately for roleplay.

Available here: https://github.com/paige404/CK3_Immortality

Or the Steam workshop: https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=2243652060

That mod is over a year since an update. Does it work with CK3 v1.4.4?

I've encountered a potential bug when "absorbing" a positive trait from someone I seduced. He had the handsome trait (lv 2 beauty) while I started with no beauty traits. After successfully seducing him, I selected the option to absorb his positive trait and received comely (lv 1 beauty), but he didn't lose his handsome trait (which the tooltip said he would). Is this a bug, or does he only lose his trait over time? I received comely immediately.

EDIT: his lv 2 seems to have downgraded to lv 1 after some time. However, now I can't seem to level up from my lv 1 even after seducing people with lv 2 traits. What's going on here? Can I only lv it up once?

EDIT: I managed to lv it up again. The likelihood of it happening seems to be pretty low though, and the opportunities for seduction comes at most once every 12 months. Is there a quicker way of getting the succubus events to fire, maybe with slaves? Is it possible to absorb non-physical traits such as Genius?

Edited by TabulaRasa
33 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

Two questions.

1. Is there a way to get rid of the naff 'I think I need to pee' message.

2. Is there a way to reduce or remove the stress which is continually going critical.

Concerning 1., are you 100% sure it is a line from this mod? Could you, please, test with only Daughters of Lust and its requirement, Carnalitas, active?

Concerning 2., in what manner is the stress going critical? Both Carnalitas as well as the Carnalitas Arousal Framework feature game rules that let you adjust stress gain in regards to sex and arousal. You can turn those off completely or just downscale the stress gain/increase the stress loss through sex. Daughters of Lust doesn't contain much stress related stuff on its own. Basically only events where a (compassionate) succubus gains stress through sapping another persons life force.

19 minutes ago, The Lord said:

Concerning 1., are you 100% sure it is a line from this mod? Could you, please, test with only Daughters of Lust and its requirement, Carnalitas, active?

I deactivated Regula Magistri and activated DoL and Carnalitas Dei. The line was not appearing when I played with RM but popped up in nearly all, if not all, sex animations with this mod and C Dei.

25 minutes ago, The Lord said:

Concerning 2., in what manner is the stress going critical? Both Carnalitas as well as the Carnalitas Arousal Framework feature game rules that let you adjust stress gain in regards to sex and arousal. You can turn those off completely or just downscale the stress gain/increase the stress loss through sex. Daughters of Lust doesn't contain much stress related stuff on its own. Basically only events where a (compassionate) succubus gains stress through sapping another persons life force.

I have the sex and arousal turned off in the game settings - always have done. It wasn't a problem with RM but within a very short period of playing it is an issue with this mod active.

I know that the succubus drain thing causes stress gain (why?) which is why I asked if there is a way to reduce or remove it. As it happens I came across the settings while looking for something else.

24 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

I deactivated Regula Magistri and activated DoL and Carnalitas Dei. The line was not appearing when I played with RM but popped up in nearly all, if not all, sex animations with this mod and C Dei.

I have the sex and arousal turned off in the game settings - always have done. It wasn't a problem with RM but within a very short period of playing it is an issue with this mod active.

I know that the succubus drain thing causes stress gain (why?) which is why I asked if there is a way to reduce or remove it. As it happens I came across the settings while looking for something else.

1. Does that mean you did have CBO, Physical Attributes or Coetus Anima or similar active at the time? If you tested with only Carnalitas and Daughters of Lust active (absolutely no other mods active) and the issue persists, you can find that line somewhere in the localization folder of either Carnalitas or Daughters of Lust. Where exactly I can not tell, I didn't find anything skimming through.

2. That is something Cheri will have to answer. You can hop in the Discord if you'd like a faster answer. Cheri usually answers fairly quickly over there.

Edited by The Lord

That line is from ceotus anima and it's in the following file:

\localization\english\event_localization\sex_events_l_english.yml

You can edit it with pretty much any text-editor including the default one that comes with windows and just replace the line with whatever you like.

Edited by NoNickNeeded
2 hours ago, NoNickNeeded said:

That line is from ceotus anima and it's in the following file:

\localization\english\event_localization\sex_events_l_english.yml

You can edit it with pretty much any text-editor including the default one that comes with windows and just replace the line with whatever you like.

Thanks, that's what I wanted to know. What I can't understand is why it never cropped up while using RA but was there from the off with DoL. Maybe load order.

Edited by Grey Cloud

Having a real hoot with this mod. ?

Three questions:

Is the option to pass on the succubus ability not implemented yet?

Is the succubus immortal or not? My gal is trapping 100 and still leading the army but I don't know if she is still here by chance or because of the 2 years extra life she seems to get after sex.

Is she supposed to stop having children? Mine seemed to stop about the normal age.

As far as I can tell you can't make anyone other than your own character into a succubus (unless you use the console). But as long as they have either the Witch or Scholar trait, they can become one right after they become the player.

In one of my games I had a succubus going well past 200 and still being in excellent health.

My succubus also didn't have any issues with giving birth at that age. What the mod however does not seem to do on it's own is deactivating the cap that prevents you from having more than a certain number of children.

But for that there's the "Remove Child Cap" mod on the Steam Workshop. Said 200+ year old succubus had 28 children. But if you use that, I'd recommend to also track down "AntiStressCascade".

3 hours ago, NoNickNeeded said:

As far as I can tell you can't make anyone other than your own character into a succubus (unless you use the console). But as long as they have either the Witch or Scholar trait, they can become one right after they become the player.

In one of my games I had a succubus going well past 200 and still being in excellent health.

My succubus also didn't have any issues with giving birth at that age. What the mod however does not seem to do on it's own is deactivating the cap that prevents you from having more than a certain number of children.

But for that there's the "Remove Child Cap" mod on the Steam Workshop. Said 200+ year old succubus had 28 children. But if you use that, I'd recommend to also track down "AntiStressCascade".

Thanks.

I'll just have to wait and see on the immortality thing.

I don't think she had that many children.

I using a mod called Stress Reducer which is doing a good job.

• 1 month later...

Suggestion for a workaround on age/fertility issues: have a decision become available for the 'daemon spirit' to move onto the next female in the line of succession when she reaches adulthood. Effects on the old host could be that they are weakened (health penalty, loss of 'Alter Self' upgrades) or die, or have the option to abdicate. An alternative is there could be no effects and it's on the new daemon to take care of succession herself ?. Or some combination thereof. 

ETA: I get bored of immortality. What I like about DoL is the transformation process. 

Edited by SoCalExile
  • 4 weeks later...

For the next version, can you add an option to turn off the drastic body changes? I don't mind the sort of beauty/smoothing that the succubus decision does, but an option to not change the musculature would be nice. Sometimes I just want to play my ripped amazon succubus :D

On 1/1/2022 at 9:10 PM, myname789 said:

For the next version, can you add an option to turn off the drastic body changes? I don't mind the sort of beauty/smoothing that the succubus decision does, but an option to not change the musculature would be nice. Sometimes I just want to play my ripped amazon succubus :D

If anyone is so inclined to make that change for themselves, the variable is located in the "cdol_succubus_portrait" text file, under:

"weight = {
            base = 0
            modifier = {
                add = 200
                cdol_is_succubus_trigger = yes"

Change "add = 200" to "add = 0"    At least that worked for me ?‍♂️

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't tried sealing seal womb, but everything working fine on my end... except I'm also running "Remove Child Cap" since as far as I'm aware Daughters of Lust doesn't touch that particular cap. Maybe your char can't get any more children, because she hit the cap.

Edited by NoNickNeeded
On 1/15/2022 at 1:19 AM, Dragul17 said:

did I download and install this wrong? I can get the trait succubus, but sealing the womb does not prevent pregnancy, seducing someone else doesn't improve succubus stats and she stopped being able to reproduce like paradox wanted

I also had issues with my character getting pregnant while using the "seal womb" decision. I couldn't find the specific figures in the DoL files, but I suspect what's happening is the fertility reduction is being counteracted by the fertility boost received when you increase the succubus levels (I think it's a 5% fertility boost per level, so your level 100 succubus would be getting a 500% increase).

What I ended up doing was modifying the "use birth control" decision in the base Carnalitas mod to give a 1000% fertility reduction; that seems to have done the trick. If you wanted to do something similar, the variable is in the "carn_birth_control_modifiers" file. I changed the line: "fertility = -1.0" to "fertility = -10.0"

• 2 weeks later...

Is there anyway to fix the Localisation issues? 
The trait is shown as cdol_succubus_cap when using german localisation.

Cant the mod just show up in normal english and the rest stays german?

I tried to make a new localisation folder called german with the english files in it but that didnt work.