Well first of all what I wanted to say by that was that Dibella was sending our new mermaid away because she was fed up that the woman (Let's call her Marina as an example) hadn not payed attention to herself (Marina) as well as to Dibella. So Dibella kind of hints and punishes Marina at the same time of not having actively worshiped her, expelling her in to the ocean. That's what I was trying to express.

• 2 weeks later...

It would be easier to have mermaids wear shell bras, and mermans not wear anything. Besides mermaids can wear any vanilla accessory anyway, they just can't wear shoes or body clothing/armor, they can still wear helmets, circlets, armbands, etc.

If there's a need to have them wear the vanilla clothing/armor, that would mean to make a new mesh for every vanilla clothing/armor to fit into the mermaid body. I don't think thats very convenient.

To me its seems unrealistic, if its a pants outfit, and the mermaid would wear it, the pants part would be cut up, if the mermaid unequips it, and a humanoid wears it, the pants part would be back, thats just unrealistic. I also find it even unrealistic that a female character could wear an armor by a male character and it automatically adjusts to fit the female figure.

Would you agree if mermaids would have their own set of armor/clothing? They will still have plenty of choices, I have someone pm me that he will make clothes for the mermaid, and if you can always request for them.

Right now, the mermaid and merman meshes we have have a problem with the painting, I'm not very familiar with the terms, but the one that assigns the tail part to move with the legs, sometimes there's skin that shows through the scales depending on movement. The tailfin part also clips to the ocean floor when the mermaid swims at the bottom. If anyone wants to help, it would be really nice.

why "everything" make so complicated, why not like this movie?

The Mermaid crawls with their hands on land, then begins a metamorphosis and she gets a human body.

to the first the problem with the many body types would clarified, everyone could then use his body.

the second, all existing outfits must not be converted.

would be much more important, realistic movements of the mermaid underwater! these movements should already look elegant (graceful),

not like vanilla swim.

it seems to me logically if the mermaid is paired to the tail slot in terms of you know item slow that would solve a lot of peorlbms with armor conflicts, wear the tail, and have it hide the legs/lower half of the model to show the mermaid tail then any vanilla armors uppoer half should still show since your just making the legs invisible and the mermaid tail isnt taking up the armor slot...and hey it means you cna make a argonian (or khajiit) mermaid since logically a fish tail and a tail tail would be redundent anyway

I love this! You guys are doing so great! But I have an idea, you guys did separate the tailfin from the main body tail. And to get it to move like "real" mermaid tails move, what about adding hp physics (or whatever its called) to the tail fin? And just having an animation on the main body tail. I think thats an good idea. Cause' if there was to be different kinds of mermaids, (some who can get legs on land, and some who just have a tail all the time.) the ones who only have a tail, would be all wiggly and real when they're on land! (If they were to drag themselves on land) And, it would be less to animate in the water  :D

It's just an idea. 

Oh, and by the way. I like the whole "fitting-them-into-the-lore" thingy. I think that mermaids would fit very nice into tamriel. But then of course they would have to look a bit like this:

wpid-Mermaid-Wallpaper-43.jpg

Shes actually sitting on some kind of ice-thing. Skyrim much?  :D

and not like this

519502df47aca482aa4075c4c5cf0d06.jpg

lol i personally like the first one best. Oh, and maybe you could make them a bit dangerous :D

Oh and pleeeeaase dont make the mermaid tail an armor! (I dont know if you have talked about that, or if you are making them as a race/creatures.) But It kind of takes away the immersion :/ And what if suddenly everyone deciedes to wear it ... 

These are just ideas folks, no hate. Just ideas. 

i like the idea of a armor simpley because it makes it easy to make a mermaid transformation spell, and as long as its not in the level list you won't find them on random bandits, though i could see some of those bandits by wrecked ships haveing a tail and looting a mermaid spell off them...

I love this! You guys are doing so great! But I have an idea, you guys did separate the tailfin from the main body tail. And to get it to move like "real" mermaid tails move, what about adding hp physics (or whatever its called) to the tail fin? And just having an animation on the main body tail. I think thats an good idea. Cause' if there was to be different kinds of mermaids, (some who can get legs on land, and some who just have a tail all the time.) the ones who only have a tail, would be all wiggly and real when they're on land! (If they were to drag themselves on land) And, it would be less to animate in the water  :D

Exactly, it would look more realistic, besides I really think fishes don't have full control over their tailfin, except near the part on the main tail, and the tailfin just moves along.

We already have the meshes, and just need a little adjustment on the weightpainting. We need someone to make the animations, and to add the hdt physics to the tailfin.

Yes, but mermaids still need land animations, because mermaids who have legs on land will have a tail when they get wet.

But if you like the kind of mermaid who will have tail in water and legs on land, and not affected by getting wet, then we have a race that's done. However there are not too many water in skyrim, and you will only enjoy being a mermaid when swimming. We would like the mermaid feel even when on land.

It's just an idea. 

Oh, and by the way. I like the whole "fitting-them-into-the-lore" thingy. I think that mermaids would fit very nice into tamriel. But then of course they would have to look a bit like this:

wpid-Mermaid-Wallpaper-43.jpg

Shes actually sitting on some kind of ice-thing. Skyrim much?  :D

and not like this

519502df47aca482aa4075c4c5cf0d06.jpg

lol i personally like the first one best. Oh, and maybe you could make them a bit dangerous :D

Oh and pleeeeaase dont make the mermaid tail an armor! (I dont know if you have talked about that, or if you are making them as a race/creatures.) But It kind of takes away the immersion :/ And what if suddenly everyone deciedes to wear it ... 

These are just ideas folks, no hate. Just ideas. 

but the second one is so kawaii sensu desu chan senpai kun

Yes, but mermaids still need land animations, because mermaids who have legs on land will have a tail when they get wet.

But if you like the kind of mermaid who will have tail in water and legs on land, and not affected by getting wet, then we have a race that's done. However there are not too many water in skyrim, and you will only enjoy being a mermaid when swimming. We would like the mermaid feel even when on land.

Ahh I see now. Yea it would definentaly be the best if you managed to do that. I just thought you guys were gonna take the easy way. (Like the one for oblivion "sirens and tritons") But wow, you guys are really doing great on this! Im so happy im not the only one with a mermad obsession xD

pls wait less than an hour for the video

That looks great so far. Is the crawl animation from that mod that makes your character crawl instead of coruchwalk when sneaking?

I think it's perfectly servicable. I personally dont mind the mermaid tails with knees aesthetic.

But im glad youre working on a way to have mermaids keep their tails and move realistically still, that's what i was hoping for from this mod.

That video looks great! But I think it would be more realistic that when the mermaid gets on land, it gets all jelly-ish. What if it got like physics? In the whole tail.  That only kind of gets activated when shes on land. And only physics in the tailfin when in water.  It might be a bit too much work though...  

But the crawl thing doesnt really make sense to me. Theres no bones in their tailes right? 

That video looks great! But I think it would be more realistic that when the mermaid gets on land, it gets all jelly-ish. What if it got like physics? In the whole tail.  That only kind of gets activated when shes on land. And only physics in the tailfin when in water.  It might be a bit too much work though...  

But the crawl thing doesnt really make sense to me. Theres no bones in their tailes right? 

i second that decision on the crawl, would need more elaborate detail on the physics

i'm still under the impression of how does the mermaid move on land if it still keeps its tail, unless its going to drag its tail and snake muscles in the tail just don't add up, the swim anims would become more like that of an eel or swimming snake then a mer

What makes you think fish tails don't have bones? It would be likely they would have flexible bones, and strong muscles in the tail. Though (sadly) they wouldn't really eel-slither with the mermaid tail shape. It would likely be a series of rather goofy-looking lunges forward. As far as I know, there is no such thing as a graceful flop. Only serpentine motions manage to look good both in water and on land. 

Why wouldn't there be bones in their tails?

Fish tails have bones. And while those are usually just the spine and some ribs there has been precedent of mermaids depicted with a more legs-like tail (as in the tail bends as if it were a pair of fused legs) so that's why i also don't mind the way it bends there.

And while i'm not too familiar with modding meshes in skyrim, having the tail have such elaborate physics is probably impossible. The way animation and meshes work in skyrim is very simple and this stuff would probably not be possible. Even if it were, the peeps working on this are still figuring out the basic animation stuff, no need to commission sky castle just yet.