post pics of it then.

Are these enough to say that we're not just posting to beg others to work and we're really busy working on something?

28krk7l.jpg

23kfdap.jpg

Ocourse we don't have land animations, so they look unnatural on land.

christ, i can see why EB walked the fuck out of this project.

Did he? He actually finished his exposed ass and genitals mermaid and it's up on his website.

i'm not begging others, i'm actually trying to find animators that aren't busy whom i'm going to pay to work, i also asked you to post pics because i'm genuinely curious on the progress of the mers.

i spoke to EB and he was going to be doing quite a bit more then his bare assed females, but that enthusiasm was killed quickly. :U

now listen, it sounds crazy as fuck, but i trust that Khenta didn't bail and that he's on vacation, since he hasn't been on the nexus since November 25, and i'd expect him back some time soon, now if you cant wait till then, point me in the direction of another competent animator that isn't stupidly busy. :U

Well, what do you think? Any comments or violent reactions why the mermaids don't have exposed genitals and ass? Don't you love all the different tail colors and the pearl crown that doesn't really do anything but complement flawlessly? No? We're also making iridescent tail colors.

i spoke to EB and he was going to be doing quite a bit more then his bare assed females, but that enthusiasm was killed quickly. :U

Don't worry, I don't think he was ever interested in making mermaids, he originally wanted to make nagas, and even hijacked the thread.

now listen, it sounds crazy as fuck, but i trust that Khenta didn't bail and that he's on vacation, since he hasn't been on the nexus since November 25, and i'd expect him back some time soon, now if you cant wait till then, point me in the direction of another competent animator that isn't stupidly busy. :U

Anywhere but not the nexus, commissioning someone for a mod there is highly frowned upon, which I just found out. Besides I don't think any amount would compensate for their lack of interest. I've made a couple posts and got zero replies. I don't know of any other skyrim modding sites.

And pls stop refering to them as mers, otherwise you'll get a falmer.

We've separated the main tail body from the tailfin. They can now mix and match different main tail colors with different tailfin colors and styles.

As of the moment, the tailfin part looks like it's a boat paddle by the way it moves, it's stiff and does not bend like real fins. Maybe adding hdt to it would help make it curl as it moves.

post-233118-0-94288100-1419113532_thumb.jpg

post-233118-0-68829800-1419113557_thumb.gif

The tailfin bends according to the motion of swimming. ofcourse don't mind the main tail part where it looks odd, it's just human legs wearing tail costume.

Been a while since I posted on here, a lot has happened.  All good that I can see, going to sum up somethings:

A mermaid/man body with tail is fine, as long as you plan to make a race with legs (the switch of race will cause game stalls, more noticable if more than 1 walks in/out of the water with you).  The game can easily swap the tail/non-tail race in and out using an ability on each actor, but what I found out with that is, abilities on npcs get "lost" out of cell, meaning the engine does garbage collection and deems them unnecessary and unloads them (hence the errors you may see in the log about "effect #" having a null form/actor).  I did however successfully fix the hair stylist's code in keeping hair styles on actors (even out of cell ones), so chances are, the same thing can be applied to this change.

As for not being able to fight, yes, fighting can be done under water, the slaughterfish is an example, also the mod I'm working on, my character walked to the floor of the ocean and attacked with an axe, a slaughterfish, so it's possible.  Of course, the race couldn't swim, could be an indication to why I was able to pull my weapon out, but, I do believe if you want to fight under water, you need the appropriate animations for it.

With the tail not being an armor (like in Siren's & Titans), it means a lot more work, hoping you'll get there.  Though I'm hoping when the time comes, the race will have 100% disease resistance (since mermaids really shouldn't be vampires).  And sadly, like Oblivion, Skyrim has the player as a special actor, which again, means certain things don't apply to it or do apply that don't to others.  Maybe now with their MMO, they'll realise that that mistake is just that.

Keep up the work, does look very good from all I've seen (since I can't animate or model, all I can offer is coding).

GuruSR.

Been a while since I posted on here, a lot has happened.  All good that I can see, going to sum up somethings:

A mermaid/man body with tail is fine, as long as you plan to make a race with legs (the switch of race will cause game stalls, more noticable if more than 1 walks in/out of the water with you).  The game can easily swap the tail/non-tail race in and out using an ability on each actor, but what I found out with that is, abilities on npcs get "lost" out of cell, meaning the engine does garbage collection and deems them unnecessary and unloads them (hence the errors you may see in the log about "effect #" having a null form/actor).  I did however successfully fix the hair stylist's code in keeping hair styles on actors (even out of cell ones), so chances are, the same thing can be applied to this change.

As for not being able to fight, yes, fighting can be done under water, the slaughterfish is an example, also the mod I'm working on, my character walked to the floor of the ocean and attacked with an axe, a slaughterfish, so it's possible.  Of course, the race couldn't swim, could be an indication to why I was able to pull my weapon out, but, I do believe if you want to fight under water, you need the appropriate animations for it.

With the tail not being an armor (like in Siren's & Titans), it means a lot more work, hoping you'll get there.  Though I'm hoping when the time comes, the race will have 100% disease resistance (since mermaids really shouldn't be vampires).  And sadly, like Oblivion, Skyrim has the player as a special actor, which again, means certain things don't apply to it or do apply that don't to others.  Maybe now with their MMO, they'll realise that that mistake is just that.

Keep up the work, does look very good from all I've seen (since I can't animate or model, all I can offer is coding).

GuruSR.

Nice to have a coder on board. I'm hoping you would be able to help. We plan to make a mermaid race as an esm plugin, and make mermaid followers as a separate .esp. As you may have already known, when we make changes to an npc in the CK, the grey-face bug happens, and only by ctrl+f4 it will be alleviated. Since a mermaid follower will change race at any time during gameplay, that means the follower is edited when the game is running, the grey-face bug happens, and you can't ctrl+f4 during game play. Do you know of another way around the greyface bug? I have tried QueueNiNodeUpdate() and RegenerateHead() but it doesn't work. Other than that, we don't seem to have any problems with coding or scripting.

We do have a problem with the tailfin clipping through the ocean floor when a mermaid swims too low. We tried the hdt high heel effect, but it does not work underwater, and makes the mermaid float when on land using crawling animations. Maybe there is a code for it, or something about collision.

Sunspot would also want a new mermaid skeleton, with more bones at the tail, to make it more flexible.

firepower02, on 24 Dec 2014 - 12:24 AM, said:

Nice to have a coder on board. I'm hoping you would be able to help. We plan to make a mermaid race as an esm plugin, and make mermaid followers as a separate .esp. As you may have already known, when we make changes to an npc in the CK, the grey-face bug happens, and only by ctrl+f4 it will be alleviated. Since a mermaid follower will change race at any time during gameplay, that means the follower is edited when the game is running, the grey-face bug happens, and you can't ctrl+f4 during game play. Do you know of another way around the greyface bug? I have tried QueueNiNodeUpdate() and RegenerateHead() but it doesn't work. Other than that, we don't seem to have any problems with coding or scripting.

We do have a problem with the tailfin clipping through the ocean floor when a mermaid swims too low. We tried the hdt high heel effect, but it does not work underwater, and makes the mermaid float when on land using crawling animations. Maybe there is a code for it, or something about collision.

Sunspot would also want a new mermaid skeleton, with more bones at the tail, to make it more flexible.

Well, the thing I can *think* of, that *may* solve the issue, is looking at the werewolf beast race, since going back/forth doesn't cause the problem.  I'd suggest on the tail version to set it as ActorTypeCreature, see if the engine "ignores" the fact that the race is identical except for the tail.  I'm not certain if the change will fix it, but don't use the Copied Data on the Morph Race, it's usually where that stems from (Vampire issue is perfect example of grey face).  I know my transformation mod (still a WIP, so need help with scenes on that one), will let a player or NPC go back and forth from any of the available creatures and it doesn't ruin them, even custom races work flawlessly.  Mainly due to the fact that they're going to a creature, not another non-creature race.  Give it a shot and see if the engine does anything different.

As for the tail, thats a collision issue, I'd lengthen the collision out past the tail some until it stops for the most part, you won't get it all the way done, but, in shallow water, the mermaid should basically float at the waist.  I'm having issues with collision myself on the transformation mod (apparently, some of them can't walk or run up inclines and in some cases, the little door frame blocks them from going over it, so I have a lot of work to do on skeletons.

GuruSR.

Well, the thing I can *think* of, that *may* solve the issue, is looking at the werewolf beast race, since going back/forth doesn't cause the problem.  I'd suggest on the tail version to set it as ActorTypeCreature, see if the engine "ignores" the fact that the race is identical except for the tail.  I'm not certain if the change will fix it, but don't use the Copied Data on the Morph Race, it's usually where that stems from (Vampire issue is perfect example of grey face).  I know my transformation mod (still a WIP, so need help with scenes on that one), will let a player or NPC go back and forth from any of the available creatures and it doesn't ruin them, even custom races work flawlessly.  Mainly due to the fact that they're going to a creature, not another non-creature race.  Give it a shot and see if the engine does anything different.

I tried adding the keyword ActorTypeCreature to the mermaid race, but when changing race, the grey face bug is still there. The game, for some reason will give an actor a grey face if the actor was edited. The werewolf does not have a grey face because the werewolf actually has a new head. Other creatures too that have new heads different from the human race will not have a grey face.

• 3 weeks later...

I love the tailfin= shoes idea ! easy and customisable 

i hope that the developpement will continue and lead to a fully functional mod with  underwater adventures/combats *idea alert* perhaps a spell  to flood a room with water and give the advantage to the mermaid ?

So i had an idea i would like to share.Im not the one making the mod so I dont really have much say. but.... So my idea is if the mermaids became a usable race then when on land the the legs could have the characteristics of ariel from once upon a time. http://i.imgur.com/KuzGYJ2.jpg. The game can begin by using alternate start and choosing the mermaid option. Then when you sleep you could "wake up"   in the ocean or another large body of water with a quest line that gives you the ability to walk on land  like in the picture of ariel. Its just an idea. I hope you like it.