Mermaid transforms in water, has her own swim animation different from other races, can speak while underwater and has underwater combat with slaughterfish.

Having problems with exporting. As soon as I get them solved, I'll upload the files.

I'm excited, btw with skyrim behavior enhanced, the way they make underwater combat is by sort of combining the upper body attack animation on land, and the lower body with swim animation.

• 4 weeks later...

Just a quick note, attacking under water usually doesn't work because the animations are missing for such.  The animations are picked based on criteria, thought the default animations for swimming if I recall correctly, tell the engine exit combat state for that actor.  Like when a Wolf bites you, the actual part where the bite happens triggers an event to "hit" the actor it's touching.  Same goes for when you swing a weapon, the animation where the actual hit happens is where hit is triggered.  Properly setup swimming animations for all aspects (including combat) should work in water fine, because the animation isn't triggering the unequip state.  If underwater combat is being an issue, look at the SlaughterfishBehavior.hqx, it has all the necessary underwater animations, would suggest looking at the animations needed and copy that for the new race.  My one suggestion would be to mark the mermaid/merman/etc, as "Beast" by marking it ActorTypeCreature and allowing underwater combat.  Those along with the proper HKX for the race, should allow underwater combat.

I found this:  http://sourceforge.net/projects/skyrimbehavior/

May give those working on the behavior files a quicker way of finding the triggers for unequipping in the default files.

GuruSR.

Just a quick note, attacking under water usually doesn't work because the animations are missing for such.  The animations are picked based on criteria, thought the default animations for swimming if I recall correctly, tell the engine exit combat state for that actor.  Like when a Wolf bites you, the actual part where the bite happens triggers an event to "hit" the actor it's touching.  Same goes for when you swing a weapon, the animation where the actual hit happens is where hit is triggered.  Properly setup swimming animations for all aspects (including combat) should work in water fine, because the animation isn't triggering the unequip state.  If underwater combat is being an issue, look at the SlaughterfishBehavior.hqx, it has all the necessary underwater animations, would suggest looking at the animations needed and copy that for the new race.  My one suggestion would be to mark the mermaid/merman/etc, as "Beast" by marking it ActorTypeCreature and allowing underwater combat.  Those along with the proper HKX for the race, should allow underwater combat.

I found this:  http://sourceforge.net/projects/skyrimbehavior/

May give those working on the behavior files a quicker way of finding the triggers for unequipping in the default files.

GuruSR.

Thank you, we already have something that allows underwater combat a long time ago. Your help is still greatly appreciated, any help is very welcome. What we are missing are two things.

1. completed mermaid & merman meshes

2. land animations for mermaids

• 2 weeks later...

Since you're making land animations for the mermaids, does that mean you guys are making a mermaid on "full time"? Like, it has a tail and everything on land? Then it would have to drag itself around everywhere.

And are you still making it a playable race? 

I still don't understand why there is this fixated mindset of "if a mermaid/man is on land, it has to drag itself around" comes from. Tamriel is a land of multi-ton dragons that fly and breath fire, corpses animated with magic to live and fight again, mages that can harness magic to blast the raw elements at foes, yet a simple, low-powered and permanent levitation spell (capable of no more than 2-3 feet lift from the ground at all times) on an adventuring member of the race is inconceivable. 

(Sorry if that came out rude...still a tad salty about the last time I brought up magic as an option, and got stomped on by a certain person here trying to make things harder on the animators, who also chased off a person that could have helped the project so much.)

Since you're making land animations for the mermaids, does that mean you guys are making a mermaid on "full time"? Like, it has a tail and everything on land? Then it would have to drag itself around everywhere.

And are you still making it a playable race? 

The mermaid can have legs on land for mobility, or keep her tail for aesthetics, depends on your taste, personally I want the race to change at will. Originally, I thought of mermaids to get a tail when wet, but the game won't be able to tell if an actor is in shallow water, or under a waterfall, so that idea was scrapped. Having a mermaid that only gets a tail when swimming would mean only seeing the mermaid part only in water. Having a mermaid who can transform at will, we get to see the mermaid side at any time. This is why mermaid land animations are needed. So yes, that's it, she won't have to always drag herself around because she can get legs anytime she wants. I hope I answered your question and everyone else who has similar question.

Yes.

I don't know (Because I'm lazy and didn't feel like reading all 50 pages of this mod) but there is already a mod out there with the mermaid race for skyrim.  It's by Eternal Black called sirens.  I'm not sure if its no nexus or what. I found it by accident on a youtube link.  Now, personally, while I thought it looked great, I didn't like the nearly flat chested female body the modder used.  So, I tweaked it some and made my version.  It works in game.  I can't animate, so it has that major flaw, but I'm going to post it here and see what you all think. I'm also planning on possibly making a naga.  Now, since there is some issue with the mermaid name, i.e. mer means people in the elder scrolls.  I thought why wouldn't they be a elf like race, you know one of the elder races, and instead of being mermaid, they'd be something that means water people.  So, doing a quick bit of research I found a site that says the elven word for water is nen - I don't think it's lore, but I couldn't find anything that said what the lore word was.  Anyway, I named my race the Nenmer instead.

I don't know (Because I'm lazy and didn't feel like reading all 50 pages of this mod) but there is already a mod out there with the mermaid race for skyrim.  It's by Eternal Black called sirens.  I'm not sure if its no nexus or what. I found it by accident on a youtube link.  Now, personally, while I thought it looked great, I didn't like the nearly flat chested female body the modder used.  So, I tweaked it some and made my version.  It works in game.  I can't animate, so it has that major flaw, but I'm going to post it here and see what you all think. I'm also planning on possibly making a naga.  Now, since there is some issue with the mermaid name, i.e. mer means people in the elder scrolls.  I thought why wouldn't they be a elf like race, you know one of the elder races, and instead of being mermaid, they'd be something that means water people.  So, doing a quick bit of research I found a site that says the elven word for water is nen - I don't think it's lore, but I couldn't find anything that said what the lore word was.  Anyway, I named my race the Nenmer instead.

Oops, forgot to post the nifskope file and the dds texture file.  Here they are, let me know what you think.

Nenmerbody_0.nif

nenmerbody.dds

Mermaid transforms in water, has her own swim animation different from other races, can speak while underwater and has underwater combat with slaughterfish.

https://vimeo.com/130625788

Having problems with exporting. As soon as I get them solved, I'll upload the files.

I'm excited, btw with skyrim behavior enhanced, the way they make underwater combat is by sort of combining the upper body attack animation on land, and the lower body with swim animation.

Is that a damn cat in the middlebof a mermaid fight? Oh wait a sec, must be a catfish... :}

Well, here it is, the naga mod. It's total crap, well ok, it's not total crap.  The mesh looks pretty good, the texture's not bad, but since I have no idea how to work on animations, or to edit skeletons, it has glaring errors.  And I think I probably should have come up with my own head instead of using one of the in game race's.  Maybe one of you want to work on it.  I only did it because I've gotten pretty good and making the body armor meshes.  I guess I should start working on learning how to edit skeletons, then maybe animations.  That's something for a later date.  Anyway, here is the naga, I hope you enjoy.  I've included all three of these files, because I'm an idiot and don't know if my mod will work without them or not.  So, have fun.

JBNaga.esp

Nagabody_1.dds

Nagabody_0.nif

I don't know (Because I'm lazy and didn't feel like reading all 50 pages of this mod) but there is already a mod out there with the mermaid race for skyrim. It's by Eternal Black called sirens. I'm not sure if its no nexus or what. I found it by accident on a youtube link. Now, personally, while I thought it looked great, I didn't like the nearly flat chested female body the modder used. So, I tweaked it some and made my version. It works in game. I can't animate, so it has that major flaw, but I'm going to post it here and see what you all think. I'm also planning on possibly making a naga. Now, since there is some issue with the mermaid name, i.e. mer means people in the elder scrolls. I thought why wouldn't they be a elf like race, you know one of the elder races, and instead of being mermaid, they'd be something that means water people. So, doing a quick bit of research I found a site that says the elven word for water is nen - I don't think it's lore, but I couldn't find anything that said what the lore word was. Anyway, I named my race the Nenmer instead.

Oops, forgot to post the nifskope file and the dds texture file. Here they are, let me know what you think.

Yeah, EB was in here pages ago and made that model for the people here. :) but after a few pages EB left for naga instead. (Yes, I read everything since page 1 bec I love this but I can't contribute because I can't mod or anything)