Town Edit Mode - Lot Address - SOLVED !!!!

This question bothers my since long :

If you are in the town edit mode and set up a new lot in your town, is there a possibility to edit or assign an address to that lot ?

In my games a lot address is only on predefined lots if the creator of the world assigned one.

Is there a special cheat may be what allow to assign an address to such a lot ?

Much hope there is a way without using CAW.

5 hours ago, landess said:

If ever a question was up

Hoped you have a solution for me. Because I thought that I may have something simply not noticed in all the years messing around with Sims 3.

May be I am lucky and Namaradus will respond for us all here.

Thank you !

On 3/15/2021 at 11:14 PM, BulleCore said:

it could be possible with the Master Controller

Looked into MC. No possibility found. Think MC do not have this function. To bad !

14 hours ago, babbler92 said:

you can use the 'Set Lot Address' option that comes with NRaas Tagger.

Thank you for this hint. Do not have Tagger installed, but will do it and test today.

1 hour ago, Clydie said:

Looked into MC. No possibility found. Think MC do not have this function. To bad !

My fault here I confused between the Master Controller (in wich you can choose who owns a lot) and the debug enabler wich I don't use clearly because I don't have knowledge enough about the consequences it has in the game when you make changes with it. Even if debug enabler seems to be an awesome mod... I will check more informations in the Nraas FaQ before using it. 

I re-checked the YouTube's video where I've found that information last week, it is at 46 minutes 

Even if I play with these principal mods of Nraas (MC, Tagger, Decensor, Debug Enabler, Go Here, etc, I still find new informations about them there and there so I have found this video long but interesting and informative)

15 hours ago, babbler92 said:

Don't know if it's possible through Edit Town, but in Live Mode you can use the 'Set Lot Address' option that comes with NRaas Tagger.

I cannot tell if it works, but it can be interesting to try it. According to me I didn't focus on this lot adress matter yet but it appeared two or three times lately here in LoversLab . I hope it helped. 

On 3/16/2021 at 7:42 PM, babbler92 said:

Live Mode you can use the 'Set Lot Address' option that comes with NRaas Tagger.

Was to curious and test it immediately. GREAT !!! It works, Tagger is it.... Thank you very much !

tagger_01.jpg

tagger_eingabe.jpg

Edit : I should that have named "Babbler Avenue 92" .....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2nd Edit :

Once installed the Tagger and set some Lot addresses, they only remain as long as Tagger keeps installed.

To test, I just removed the Tagger from the mod folder. My saved game still loaded, but unfortunately all addresses are gone without the tagger.

8 minutes ago, Clydie said:

@BulleCore many thank's for your input and your efforts. Seems we posted at the same time :-)  Tagger does that I was looking for !

It was a pleasure to try to find a solution for You, it was downright fun, it is sinceer and to be honest I wanted so much to help that I'm a little bit jealous of @babbler92 now ?, no, I'm kidding, it's great ! Btw You're creating a whole town? 

1 hour ago, BulleCore said:

You're creating a whole town? 

No not yet. I am not into the CAW tool and do not think that I will try next times.

Have some games in different worlds which I play and test with. Most worlds are small and I like the setting of islands.

(Have a I5 system only, so small worlds run best on my PC. Better a smaller world but more CC I think)

One of my favorite worlds is Dagoon from @playervlad1999. A little limited in terms of placing lots but very nice for my ancient game settings.

Have others I like, but you may need to google it : Urduna (also for ancient setting because of no roads as Dagoon) and as a more modern world I like to use Wisteria Lane - Fairview (think this was a "Desperate Houswifes" setting). Among the many worlds I tested, this three run best and I always return back to them. 

On 3/17/2021 at 5:05 AM, Clydie said:

Tagger

One tip on Tagger:  don't ever remove it.  If you do, the addresses seem to disappear with it.  I tried using it to just fix some missing addresses, or adding addresses to added lots, but never could quite get all the other features of Tagger turned off (didn't like having 2 tags for some lots), so removed Tagger.  That was several months ago.  A few weeks ago, however, I was looking at the xml inside an exported lot package, and noticed something that looked (don't ask what, exactly, I'd have to look again) like a potential place to put an address.  So, there's the potential for editing in s3pe and then re-adding the lot.  Haven't tested that theory yet.

On 3/17/2021 at 6:40 AM, Clydie said:

CAW

Stands for "Can 'a Worms" (can of worms, just pronounced like some americans say it).  After a few weeks playing with it, I've come to the conclusion that there's really no good tutorials online -- at least none from people who know how to type... maybe some ? "poorly thought out ummm uhhhh ummmmm maybe... if you go here, no here, oh wait, first you need to go do this, no, that..." youtube waste of time. (12 root canals in one day would be more fun)

If you don't want a large world, plan on making it an island or figuring out the (undocumented? maybe it was in klingon?) way to make a custom distant terrain.

1st: start a blank flat large world

2nd: add a layer

3rd: add each of the distant terrains possible (there, thankfully, are actual pages on how and where to position those)

4th: determine if any of those will fit your idea for a world...

If someone had actually put those steps as the 1st few, I'd have saved many many hours finding, exporting, editing, tweaking, editing, etc. some real-world heightmap data... Oh, and all the EA ones (that I actually could get to show up in CAW) have some sort of huge annoying bay or ocean on the one side... which didn't work for what I wanted.

islands

Those are easier, you don't really "need" the distant terrain object, then.  (the why you do, is you get a square "island" and it just looks odd if the place isn't meant to be an island).

more CC

I've kinda got to where I'm thinking less CC is a requirement if ever using something like KW. Had too many times where the game crashed due to a lot with "more CC" became active. (like when a sim catches fire and the camera lerps... why EA uses that is beyond me... to that lot, even if it's another sim/household/lot & you don't really care -- I'm blaming NRaas SP for this, since inactives are doing stuff b/c of that mod)

ancient

(If it'll run) you might like this one too.  It seemed to have that middle-ages type feel to it.

https://nornities.tumblr.com/post/614567248890380288/today-im-happy-to-release-praaven-reworked-a-new

2 hours ago, jdw6 said:

One tip on Tagger:  don't ever remove it.  If you do, the addresses seem to disappear with it. 

Never had tagger installed up to now, At the moment I play a little around with this tagger to see the functions in game.

But thought finally, I can set lot addresses and then remove tagger again once done. Will test this next and see if the addresses remain and how the game behave then.

2 hours ago, jdw6 said:

Stands for "Can 'a Worms"

This is a good one. Just installed CAW and messed a little around with that. But stopped it after a while. Will not further touch CAW and remove it from my system.

Let's put it like this : This editor is not made for me and my interest to create world is limited. There are to many nice worlds available for download.

I know the praaven world, it is nice but to large. Prefer small or middle sized worlds with less vegetation. They run best on my system.

5 hours ago, Clydie said:

I know the praaven world, it is nice but to large. Prefer small or middle sized worlds with less vegetation. They run best on my system

I have Prato di Livori downloaded, but haven't taken the time to install and mess with it. While it's a 'clean' world, I also found CC and population for it.

https://thesimscatalog.com/sims3/downloads/worlds/medium/prato-di-livori/

TS3W%2B2012-07-24%2B21-57-29-25.png&f=1&

From the amazing selection of:

https://www.sims3createaworld.com/the-highest-rated-custom-worlds-for-the-sims-3/

6 hours ago, Clydie said:

Just installed CAW and messed a little around with that. But stopped it after a while.

Ditto! But, I didn't remove it and have looked inside again on occasion... then closed it again!

1 hour ago, landess said:

'clean' world,

I'm too lazy for that! If I wanted a "clean" world, I'd open CAW! ))) Unpopulated isn't too bad, as both Nraas and KW have options to populate worlds. Most have a few open lots, and I have both empty houses and families, with and without house that can be added from library. My big downside is that I do not have every EP and so may have a lot of missing things in download worlds. You look at the list, and every EP and almost every SP is used, plus store items... and I skip that world.

Even Cronor... the bridges are missing. Thinking they are from Ambitions or Seasons? Don't have.

1 hour ago, LadySmoks said:

looked inside again on occasion... then closed it again

So I did at least five times with almost the same result : Frustration ! I have not enough interest and ambition to create a world since there are so many good ones out there to test and play with. So I do not waste time with CAW anymore.

1 hour ago, LadySmoks said:

My big downside is that I do not have every EP and so may have a lot of missing things in download worlds.

3 hours ago, landess said:

While it's a 'clean' world,

Meanwhile I have some houses in my archive what I use and were I am sure that they create no trouble to the game, Place them to the lots of the new world and move sim exported families from previous games in. Works best for me.....

But on a new world I always need to clean them up first. I have all sp and ep installed but pet is disabled and nearly every world have some stuff from pets.

This I clean first. A second annoyance for me, even on very small  worlds, often the creator places 10.000 trees and bushes into that. So I need to delete 9.800 of them first and save this world again as "clean" before starting to populate.  This is time consuming and is why I change seldom worlds.

One large world -I must say- much impressed me ! Works great and look fantastic. Do not know where I downloaded this but the name is Fussen.World.

(Think a Japanese team did this rebuild of Fussen, a small town in Bavaria, Germany, well known by tourists around the world)

Many nice buildings and possibilities and even the "Neuschwanstein castle". For me and this size, this world worked great even on my slower PC. (This is NOT (only) because I am a German ?)

OK just asked Duckduck : https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8521750

On the other hand, had once installed MontSaintMichel and it was horribly frustrating. My system could not handle it at all. Took ages to load and crashed after 5 minutes trying to do something......

@landess thank you for the links. Will try Prato di Livori .

50 minutes ago, Clydie said:

ambition to create a world since there are so many good ones out there to test and play with

I left out interest, as I have some interest, but certainly not the ambition or time to dedicate to learning such a project... as I am STILL learning so many new things in making garments (fails but learning).

52 minutes ago, Clydie said:

I have some houses in my archive what I use

Yes, same. Often, I use houses from EA worlds that I save to library, some are my customized EA houses. Many download houses again use CC and EP's, and many are simply made on 64 x 64 lots and can not be placed everywhere. Often, I will simply go to edit town, save a house that I want (with the family)... place the house/ family on a new lot, evict and delete the family to leave the empty house. Then, go to live mode, reset the house (is there a way to do this in edit town mode?), return to edit town, delete the house/ family and then save the empty reset house to my library. It really doesn't take much longer than it did to type. I have done this in several worlds to save empty EA houses that have a style to fit each world.

1 hour ago, Clydie said:

(Think a Japanese team did this rebuild of Fussen, a small town in Bavaria, Germany, well known by tourists around the world)

Appears to be Korean. ))) This looks like the home link... http://blog.naver.com/PostView.nhn?blogId=myskyring&logNo=220209409681&redirect=Dlog

The mediafire download is at the top of the page. Uses World Adventures, Ambitions, Super Natural and Late Night EP's only.

1 hour ago, Clydie said:

MontSaintMichel

I have that also and have not had many problems.

15 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

many are simply made on 64 x 64 lots

I try to avoid such large lots. Use this size for parks sometimes. Smaller lots work better for me. Good for me is 30X20 or 30X30.

Appears to be Korean

Guess you are right. Thanks for the link. Nice pictures of the town there ! 

And sorry for all Koreans, who may read that here. The town is great and there must be many many hours of work and research be in it.

I have that also and have not had many problems.

Really I think I have performance problems with that. May be due to my game setup, I do not know.

But as far as I could see, similar quality as "Fussen". Huge efforts are needed to build such a town.

(is there a way to do this in edit town mode?)

Not that I know ! Think, the way you go with that is very good.

I try to avoid such large lots.

I also. Perhaps 1 such lot for my family. Others, I use the smaller lots. I even made a house on a 10 x 10 lot with a basement and 2 floors above ground, and one on a 10 x 15 with 2 bedrooms! These are fully furnished with all of the basic needs, but simply to add extra sims.

Really I think I have performance problems with that. May be due to my game setup, I do not know.

There are always so many variants to why things don't work, or work slowly. Some are very basic, but some are just crazy mod conflicts that aren't true conflicts... just minor overlaps. Perhaps some CC in that world that causes a problem that is unique? But, it's not bad CC, so does not show as being a problem??? 

It's been said that although there seem to be an endless number of reskeys... part numbers... there really is not, and it is entirely possible that as so much is made by so many different people around the world, the image texture from wall CC "X" was created by someone in France with the exact same number as wall CC "Y" by someone in Korea! Your game sees them both and gets confused!!! Then, how to find this? Neither CC is bad.

4 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

endless number of reskeys

Very true,  I have a look to each mod and their key file inside the package at very first.

Sometimes there are lots of those keys without use (due to the developement of those). I.e. KW or Passion as the most popular mods.

Before I install a mod I have a look to those and clear them out. For that you mark all files except the key file inside the package in S3PE and export it as (new) package.

S3PE will create a new Key file in the package then with the needed only reskeys and the package is clean in this respect afterwards. But whom I tell that here ?

Surely you are aware of that. Also merged packages much help to avoid such. All other double keys may be discovered by the package conflict tester (delphi dash board), I much hope.

10X10 or 10X15 I use many too. Sometimes I am lazy and just modify a predefined house boat and place this.

On 3/16/2021 at 8:48 AM, landess said:

If ever a question was up @namaradus 's wheelhouse - this IS one.

On 3/16/2021 at 1:38 PM, Clydie said:

Hoped you have a solution for me. Because I thought that I may have something simply not noticed in all the years messing around with Sims 3.

May be I am lucky and Namaradus will respond for us all here.

Thank you !

Being able to set the lot address is actually something we completely forgot about.

6 hours ago, namaradus said:

Being able to set the lot address is actually something we completely forgot about.

On 3/21/2021 at 7:43 AM, jdw6 said:

One tip on Tagger:  don't ever remove it.  If you do, the addresses seem to disappear with it. 

Many thanks for your response.

Thought the Tagger can do the trick and it does, but only as long as the Tagger is installed. @jdw6 is right, If you remove the Tagger, the addresses will disappear too.

Naively I thought, there is just a foreseen data field for the lots on a world what will be used and remain with a game save. But it is not !

(Saw such a data field to be filled for a lot in the CAW editor)