3 hours ago, Sgt. Marge said:

1. Be sure to follow the up-to-date adult guide and read it carefully

I had followed guide. But installing as sugested AAF+Themes+animation had not worked for me.

But AAF somehow begin to work without Themes but with XML addon for mod that use AAF (had tried many variants).

Warning about Themes had appeared, but AAF worked.

So i think AAF required some XMLs to work (or something what SEU provides). This was in my game starting from zero.

Just dont use discord. As for me problem is solved, now AAF is working with all my mods.

But it is bad thing that it is not working on own resource, requiring something else exept animations.

5 hours ago, crococat said:

I had followed guide. But installing as sugested AAF+Themes+animation had not worked for me.

But AAF somehow begin to work without Themes but with XML addon for mod that use AAF (had tried many variants).

Warning about Themes had appeared, but AAF worked.

So i think AAF required some XMLs to work (or something what SEU provides). This was in my game starting from zero.

Just dont use discord. As for me problem is solved, now AAF is working with all my mods.

But it is bad thing that it is not working on own resource, requiring something else exept animations.

I'm glad you figured it out.  The guide works just fine, there's no problems with it.

Not everyone uses SEU and their game works, so I'm not sure what happened in your case.  AAF does need the Themes installed in order for animations to work properly.  That is why Themes is listed as a requirement.

Edited by Sgt. Marge
  • 1 month later...

...ez itt mind nagyon érdekes. De mi van akkor ha csak 15% és nem csinál semmit!?

A tudálékossági oldalról néztem a sorrendet és mindent úgy csináltam...

Valahogy nem dolgozik. 

vagy a lista sorrend ... nem éppen úgy van?

Tényleg nem értem, miért nem csinál valaki egy valóban értelmes és komplex válogatós --- telepítőt? Ahogy darabonként a készítők teszik!?

Talán ez mindenki képességét meghaladó feladat és csak a pancsolás meg a másik munkájának a foltozása a tevékenység kimerítése?

Francba evvel... 1 hete szenvedek és semmi. Amikor úgy tűnt minden rendben, kiderült:a kuncsaftok csak bámulják egymást.... 

Dolgozik ez egyáltalán vagy csak a személyes szórakozás ahol az érdeklődő szenvedése a mulatság?

Rátettem a LOOT nevű alkalmazást is... A hatására még JÁTÉK sem indult el! (Aztán némi kalapálás után... hatalmas lyukakkal de legalább elindult.)

Ez a cucc egy szemfényvesztés.... Azt is elcseszi, ami egyébként jól megy. 

--------------------------

...this is all very interesting here. But what if it's only 15% and doesn't do anything!?

I looked at the sequence from the knowledge side and did everything like...

It's not working somehow...

or is the order of the list ... not quite right?

I really don't understand why someone doesn't make a really sensible and complex sorting --- installer? As the makers do piece by piece!?

Maybe this is a task that exceeds everyone's ability and just messing around and patching up the other person's work is exhausting the activity?

Damn it... I've been suffering for 1 week and nothing. When it seemed that everything was fine, it turned out: the kunchafts were just staring at each other...

Does it work at all or is it just personal entertainment where the suffering of the interested person is the fun?

I also installed the application called LOOT... As a result, not even a GAME started! (Then after some hammering... with huge holes, but at least it started.)

This stuff is an eyesore.... It also screws up what is otherwise going well.

On 7/31/2022 at 9:49 AM, ruhacsomag said:

...ez itt mind nagyon érdekes. De mi van akkor ha csak 15% és nem csinál semmit!?

A tudálékossági oldalról néztem a sorrendet és mindent úgy csináltam...

Valahogy nem dolgozik. 

vagy a lista sorrend ... nem éppen úgy van?

Tényleg nem értem, miért nem csinál valaki egy valóban értelmes és komplex válogatós --- telepítőt? Ahogy darabonként a készítők teszik!?

Talán ez mindenki képességét meghaladó feladat és csak a pancsolás meg a másik munkájának a foltozása a tevékenység kimerítése?

Francba evvel... 1 hete szenvedek és semmi. Amikor úgy tűnt minden rendben, kiderült:a kuncsaftok csak bámulják egymást.... 

Dolgozik ez egyáltalán vagy csak a személyes szórakozás ahol az érdeklődő szenvedése a mulatság?

Rátettem a LOOT nevű alkalmazást is... A hatására még JÁTÉK sem indult el! (Aztán némi kalapálás után... hatalmas lyukakkal de legalább elindult.)

Ez a cucc egy szemfényvesztés.... Azt is elcseszi, ami egyébként jól megy. 

--------------------------

...this is all very interesting here. But what if it's only 15% and doesn't do anything!?

I looked at the sequence from the knowledge side and did everything like...

It's not working somehow...

or is the order of the list ... not quite right?

I really don't understand why someone doesn't make a really sensible and complex sorting --- installer? As the makers do piece by piece!?

Maybe this is a task that exceeds everyone's ability and just messing around and patching up the other person's work is exhausting the activity?

Damn it... I've been suffering for 1 week and nothing. When it seemed that everything was fine, it turned out: the kunchafts were just staring at each other...

Does it work at all or is it just personal entertainment where the suffering of the interested person is the fun?

I also installed the application called LOOT... As a result, not even a GAME started! (Then after some hammering... with huge holes, but at least it started.)

This stuff is an eyesore.... It also screws up what is otherwise going well.

The guide works perfectly fine for everyone that follows it exactly.  Meaning, you must pay close attention to every aspect.  Yes, it is alot of info.  No, there will never be one installer because that is simply not feasible.  There are dozens of mod authors involved and dozens of mods.

Pay very close attention to the following items when following the guide:

1. You must follow the Green version numbers when downloading the mods.

2. Do not install any mod on the Skip list or AAF won't work properly.

3. Proper installation of F4SE and Starting the game from F4SE_Loader.exe is required.  This exe must be added as a tool in your mod manager.

4. Make sure Buffout and all of its requirements are properly installed.

5. The Fallout4Custom.ini edit must be done correctly to enable loose files.

6. If using Mod Organizer, there is a screen shot for the exact load order.  Any mod you are installing that is not in that screen shot must be loaded *above* AAF, and nothing should be loaded after NSFW Soundpack.

I have never heard of AAF stopping at 15%.  Make sure you are using Vortex or Mod Organizer as your mod manager.  If you need further help, feel free to join our discord.  The link is in the guide.

Edited by Sgt. Marge
5 hours ago, Sgt. Marge said:

* not that doubt what anyone can think of.

The... which no one would think about!

Obviously...any kind of guidance and help...for a production would be greatly appreciated.

However... it's NOT in MY language and some are too complicated...

You collect everything, install it in a row, and at the end organize it with the final production. Ok... Got it... Pure and simple.

On the other hand, during the installation, deficiencies that have not been INSTALLED YET appear and therefore the offered SUPPORT and repair intention cannot apply.

I understand...

Installation stops and the deficiencies must be filled... But if this happens, the thing crashes!

If everything deemed necessary is not installed and turned on, the frameworks do not provide any support and run on basic. In other words, they are NOT working.

Why would anyone force a TRULY EXPERT to create an installation application... "which has never been done here before"?

Size should not be an obstacle... Not anymore. By the way, no support makes the option it offers that has not yet been installed a "suspended" point!

So... he puts it aside when the time of need comes... he works independently and combines the recognized needs.

I haven't seen anything like that. Every installer has to be run again and again... again and again and turn on the maybe things that the user thinks.

Oh yes. This is what I did. The result is more than astonishing. Hilarious.... And annoying.

First ... the "NPC" participants in my environment turned into cockroaches. Then into a red triangle.... This was the peak of things as... even the game didn't want to run anymore!

I did the installation for 2 days.... Install... Trial... Delete.... It was very interesting... But and however: I got bored.

image.jpeg.f728e9bc5e8e87cc70a4644cd18e7df9.jpeg

Nem az a kétséges, amire bárki gondol!

Az... Amire szinte senki sem!

Nyilván.... tényleg nagyra kell értékelni bármiféle útmutató és segédletet... egy produkcióhoz. 

Azonban ... NEM az ÉN nyelvemen van és némelyik túlságosan bonyolult ...

Összegyűjtesz mindent, sorba telepíted majd a végén összerendezed a lezáró produkcióval. Rendben... Értem... Tiszta és egyszerű.

A telepítés közben viszont rendre kijönnek azok a hiányok, amik MÉG nem lettek TELEPÍTVE és ezért a felkínált TÁMOGATÁS és javító szándék sem érvényesülhet.

Értem... 

Telepítés leáll és a hiányokat pótolni kell... De ha ez történik a dolog összeomlik!

Ha nincs minden szükségesnek gondolt feltelepítve és bekapcsolva akkor a keretek nem adnak semmiféle támogatás és alapon futnak. Vagyis NEM dolgoznak.

Miért erőltetne bárki TÉNYLEGESEN HOZZÁÉRTŐT egy olyan telepítő alkalmazás elkészítése... "amire eddig itt" még nem volt példa?

A méret semmiféle akadályt nem jelenthet... Már nem. Egyébként pedig egyetlen támogatás sem teszi "függő" pontra az általa kínált lehetőséget amit még nem telepítettek!

Szóval... félre teszi aztán amikor eljön a szükség ideje ... önállóan működik és a felismert igényeket összefésüli.

Én egy ilyen dolgot sem láttam. Minden telepítőt újra és újra... megint és ismét futtatni kell és bekapcsolni azokat a talán dolgokat amiket a felhasználó gondol.

Ó... igen. Ezt tettem. Az eredmény több mint döbbenetes. Mulatságos.... És bosszantó. 

Először ... csótányokká váltak a környezetem "NPC" résztvevői. Majd piros háromszöggé.... Ez volt a dolgok csúcsa mivel többé... még a játék sem akart futni!

2 napig csináltam a telepítést.... Install... Próba... Töröl.... Nagyon érdekes volt... Ámde és azonban: Meguntam.

image.jpeg.5e4ae5a35833846ca02ab00f39705972.jpegimage.jpeg.87df43da2570ec095ac7a06826bea093.jpeg

What ever is going on in that last picture has nothing to do with AAF.  You are missing meshes from something that changes Vault 111.  (I posted this before you added other pictures, was talking about the previous post)

I wish there wasn't a language barrier here, because if you were still willing we could easily get this sorted out on the discord.

Edited by Sgt. Marge

You have some obscure issue for it to be stopping at 15%.

Normally this stoppage is caused by load order / wrong version of mod installed / mod that we don't support installed.  it is a conflict between XML files.  What mod manager do you use?

Edited by Sgt. Marge
2 hours ago, Sgt. Marge said:

You have some obscure issue for it to be stopping at 15%.

I... unfortunately I don't know what it is.

However, previously... There were no troublesome issues whatsoever.

As a matter of fact... It stopped at 68% on one start.

Then, according to what I read here... I started the installation again (saying) something was broken or damaged.

Finally... I started turning everything off.... And restarting the game with the game's own sequence control.

Answering the question : NMM. Sorry, but the other one is so complicated that I couldn't make any progress on it...

And this looks like a simple and transparent data management system, despite the fact that it crashes forever or needs to be restarted to "avoid crashing".

The colors show it the shortage  and the possible problem...

The order.... It is specified by the game manager.

Except for a couple of cases...  which according to the previous experience wants the placement.

Not really on this one or you can change a lot because the game won't even start...

* thanks for the good will...

-----------

Azonban korábban... Semmiféle gondszerű probléma nem volt. 

Ami azt illeti ... Egyik indításnál 68%-on megállt.

Aztán az itten olvasottak szerint... újra kezdtem a telepítést (mondván) valami elromlott illetve megsérült. 

Végül... Elkezdtem mindent kikapcsolni.... És a játékot újraindítani a játék saját sorrend vezérlőjével.

A kérdést megválaszolva NMM. Sajnálom, de a másik annyira bonyolult, hogy annál semmiféle előrehaladást nem tudtam elérni...

Ez pedig ránézésre is egy egyszerű és átlátható adatkezelő rendszer annak ellenére, hogy örökké összeomlik vagy újra kell indítani az "összeomlás elkerüléséért". 

A színek megmutatják a hiányt és az esetleges gondot...

A sorrend.... Azt megadja a játékkezelő.

Kivéve pár esetet... ami a korábbi tapasztalat szerint akarja az elhelyezést. Ezen nem igazán vagy sokat lehet változtatni mert a játék el sem indul.... 

2 hours ago, ruhacsomag said:

image.jpeg.87df43da2570ec095ac7a06826bea093.jpeg

I wanted a reboot to see if the one hundred percent problem would change.

Nothing has changed in the game other than some processes have been turned off. This is insignificant and can happen at any time without any problems. (as the game starts)

From the picture, it didn't quite work out...

As a matter of fact... it got worse with the cockroaches, which was once given by a "different situation".

And again: even the order has not changed, only some elements have been switched off.

-----------------------------

Egy újraindítást akartam, hogy a százszázalékos probléma megváltozik-e. 

A játékban semmi sem változott azon túl, hogy néhány folyamat ki lett kapcsolva. Ez jelentéktelen és akármikor megtörténhet bármiféle gond nélkül. (mivel a játék elindul)

A kép szerint ez nem igazán sikerült... 

Ami azt illeti... ez rosszabb lett a csótányoknál amit egyszer egy "másik helyzet adott". 

És megint: még a sorrend sem változott csak néhány elem ki lett kapcsolva.

28 minutes ago, ruhacsomag said:

I wanted a reboot to see if the one hundred percent problem would change.

Nothing has changed in the game other than some processes have been turned off. This is insignificant and can happen at any time without any problems. (as the game starts)

From the picture, it didn't quite work out...

As a matter of fact... it got worse with the cockroaches, which was once given by a "different situation".

And again: even the order has not changed, only some elements have been switched off.

-----------------------------

Egy újraindítást akartam, hogy a százszázalékos probléma megváltozik-e. 

A játékban semmi sem változott azon túl, hogy néhány folyamat ki lett kapcsolva. Ez jelentéktelen és akármikor megtörténhet bármiféle gond nélkül. (mivel a játék elindul)

A kép szerint ez nem igazán sikerült... 

Ami azt illeti... ez rosszabb lett a csótányoknál amit egyszer egy "másik helyzet adott". 

És megint: még a sorrend sem változott csak néhány elem ki lett kapcsolva.

You still have not told me what mod manager you are using.  Vortex?  Mod Organizer 2?

If you are using only the "in game" mod manager, then you are on your own.  We don't support such installs.  We also do not support Nexus Mod Manager.

Edited by Sgt. Marge
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/21/2022 at 2:55 AM, ruhacsomag said:

...minden kérdésre megadtam a választ. Ha valaki nem érti amit olvas az már az enyémnél is egy nagyobb baj...

...我回答了所有問題。 如果有人不理解他們讀到的內容,那是比我更大的問題...

Translation:

I answered all the questions. If someone doesn't understand what they read, it's a bigger problem than mine

Yes, I see now.  I went back and re-read the English portions again and verified that you are indeed using Nexus Mod Manager.  I'm not sure why you chose to reply back to me 3 weeks later and not in English, and with a bit of snarky attitude, but that's up to you I guess.  Either way, you'll need to figure out how to use AAF with NMM on your own.  There are a few people that can use NMM with AAF and related mods, but many people run into problems with conflicts which is one of the reasons we do not support that mod manager.  

Kind regards.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/1/2022 at 10:24 PM, Sgt. Marge said:

The guide works perfectly fine for everyone that follows it exactly.  Meaning, you must pay close attention to every aspect.  Yes, it is alot of info.  No, there will never be one installer because that is simply not feasible.  There are dozens of mod authors involved and dozens of mods.

Pay very close attention to the following items when following the guide:

1. You must follow the Green version numbers when downloading the mods.

3. Proper installation of F4SE and Starting the game from F4SE_Loader.exe is required.  This exe must be added as a tool in your mod manager.

4. Make sure Buffout and all of its requirements are properly installed.

5. The Fallout4Custom.ini edit must be done correctly to enable loose files.

6. If using Mod Organizer, there is a screen shot for the exact load order.  Any mod you are installing that is not in that screen shot must be loaded *above* AAF, and nothing should be loaded after NSFW Soundpack.

I have never heard of AAF stopping at 15%.  Make sure you are using Vortex or Mod Organizer as your mod manager.  If you need further help, feel free to join our discord.  The link is in the guide.

Thank you for all your help and guidance on this board!

I do have a question though.?

:

- The game is (finally!) working very well for me with all the mods and over 100 plug ins.. but...

the Fallout4Custom.ini edit simply doesnt exist in my fallout4 folders

I even ran file searches of my fallout 4 program folders with the computer for that name

I found a fallout preferences and a faullout default .ini files.

But no Fallout4Custom.ini

If memory serves I bought the game from Bethesda (or another online vendor) not steam  and of course and am running it Steam registration/log in .

So I put the extra lines into fallout4default.ini instead. (and recently on a new game in fallout4 preferences ini for good measure)

Not sure if they do anything there

Edited by katrina.balanchuk
3 hours ago, katrina.balanchuk said:

Thank you for all your help and guidance on this board!

I do have a question though.?

:

- The game is (finally!) working very well for me with all the mods and over 100 plug ins.. but...

the Fallout4Custom.ini edit simply doesnt exist in my fallout4 folders

I even ran file searches of my fallout 4 program folders with the computer for that name

I found a fallout preferences and a faullout default .ini files.

But no Fallout4Custom.ini

If memory serves I bought the game from Bethesda (or another online vendor) not steam  and of course and am running it Steam registration/log in .

So I put the extra lines into fallout4default.ini instead. (and recently on a new game in fallout4 preferences ini for good measure)

Not sure if they do anything there

The 2 ini files that get installed by the game initially, fallout4.ini and falloutprefs.ini should be left alone and not edited, just as a general rule.  This is the purpose of the fallout4custom.ini file.  Anything added to the fallout4custom.ini file supersedes the information in the other 2 ini files.

If you do not have fallout4custom.ini in the default location of 'Documents\My Games\Fallout4', it may be because of uninstalling / reinstalling the game and not launching the game through the default launcher and playing it first as that is recommended by many guides prior to beginning a modding setup since it establishes paths and files like this.

In order to have the game create the file, all you need to do is open up your game install folder through your steam library and launch the game using "fallout4launcher.exe"

From within that little launcher window, press options and change the screen "resolution" to a size lower than you'd normally set it, and hit OK.  Then press Play from that launcher.  The vanilla unmodded game should launch at this point, it will probably be in a window.  The launching of the game / changing the resolution creates the fallout4custom.ini file.  You can then exit the game, and set the resolution in the game launcher to what you want it to be, and then launch the game again.  Or you can simply edit the fallout4custom.ini file at this point and put in the values of what your screen resolution should be and save the file.

It has also been said by others that simply running the unmodded game through the initial vault sequence and going through the codsworth and red rocket sequences by that time the custom file should be generated but that is much more time consuming

The quickest way is to just create the custom file using notepad, changing the dropdown to "all files" and putting the full name of the file in as the file name including the .ini extension, but it's probably better to run the game unmodded for the first time as that may have other benefits that I'm not aware of.

I should add the following:
Once the fallout4custom.ini file has been established, you should then add the 3 lines from the guide to enable modding.  But if you are using Vortex, it tends to add 2 copies of the file so you need to make sure you are not editing the 'baked' or 'based' version.  In order to help with this, you can turn on "file name extensions" within windows explorer > View to show the full paths of files.

Mod Organizer users should use MO's built in 'ini editor' (puzzle piece icon) to edit the file.

Edited by Sgt. Marge
On 9/13/2022 at 12:01 PM, Sgt. Marge said:

The 2 ini files that get installed by the game initially, fallout4.ini and falloutprefs.ini should be left alone and not edited, just as a general rule.  This is the purpose of the fallout4custom.ini file.  Anything added to the fallout4custom.ini file supersedes the information in the other 2 ini files.

If you do not have fallout4custom.ini in the default location of 'Documents\My Games\Fallout4', it may be because of uninstalling / reinstalling the game and not launching the game through the default launcher and playing it first as that is recommended by many guides prior to beginning a modding setup since it establishes paths and files like this.

In order to have the game create the file, all you need to do is open up your game install folder through your steam library and launch the game using "fallout4launcher.exe"

From within that little launcher window, press options and change the screen "resolution" to a size lower than you'd normally set it, and hit OK.  Then press Play from that launcher.  The vanilla unmodded game should launch at this point, it will probably be in a window.  The launching of the game / changing the resolution creates the fallout4custom.ini file.  You can then exit the game, and set the resolution in the game launcher to what you want it to be, and then launch the game again.  Or you can simply edit the fallout4custom.ini file at this point and put in the values of what your screen resolution should be and save the file.

It has also been said by others that simply running the unmodded game through the initial vault sequence and going through the codsworth and red rocket sequences by that time the custom file should be generated but that is much more time consuming

The quickest way is to just create the custom file using notepad, changing the dropdown to "all files" and putting the full name of the file in as the file name including the .ini extension, but it's probably better to run the game unmodded for the first time as that may have other benefits that I'm not aware of.

I should add the following:
Once the fallout4custom.ini file has been established, you should then add the 3 lines from the guide to enable modding.  But if you are using Vortex, it tends to add 2 copies of the file so you need to make sure you are not editing the 'baked' or 'based' version.  In order to help with this, you can turn on "file name extensions" within windows explorer > View to show the full paths of files.

Mod Organizer users should use MO's built in 'ini editor' (puzzle piece icon) to edit the file.

Thank you for your wonderful answer.

but now my game is running prefect with dozens of wild mods, without this file... ☺️

SO I do not think I will change anything just yet

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/4/2022 at 11:46 PM, ShadowKraz42 said:

Can someone PLEASE explain what exactly causes AAF to stick at 68%? The comments are a little confusing and some are conflicting. Link to documentation would be great. I already have the 'longtitled' Fucking Guide and Troubleshooting Guide bookmarked.

68% actually just states that you have some problem with xml configs, nothing else. 

In most cases that happens because of multiple/outdated aaf patches install

Edited by Indarello
On 2/20/2021 at 12:47 AM, leer009@gmail.com said:

Btw, how is this gonna help me fix my game crash and fix the aaf being stuck at 68%? I wish there was a video that someone can show me how to fix Fallout 4 AAF and what's causing my game to crash after loading in my game.

Ok, I'm stuck with the same AAF 68% issue and no clear answers as well, so I can't address that issue.
As for the game crashing, deffo switch to either Vortex or MO2. I use Vortex and it helps a lot. To identify what is causing the crashing, think about when it started then disable mods that you added from just before that point on. Add them back in one to three at a time ( I usually go with three, somewhat faster) until you get the crash. It is *probably* one in the last group of mods added back in with this procedure. Enable those one at a time until you get the crash. It's that one, probably. It may be that it and another mod are in conflict or it needs a requirement that you either don't have or have an old version of, so re-read the mod description and especially the comments and bugs tabs. I've found that a few mods have requirements the mod author didn't bother to mention or flag as needed. You can also find others with the same issue and their fixes for it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/5/2022 at 3:10 PM, Indarello said:

68% actually just states that you have some problem with xml configs, nothing else. 

In most cases that happens because of multiple/outdated aaf patches install

Could the UAP be the culprit? I've got other patches for other mods, but disabling those mods and the patches doesn't clear up the issue. I'm hesitant to disable the UAP as it is recommended to have it in the (long ass title)Fucking Guide, and I have mods it's supposed to patch. BTW, I have the latest UAP.

Edited by ShadowKraz42
7 hours ago, ShadowKraz42 said:

Could the UAP be the culprit? I've got other patches for other mods, but disabling those mods and the patches doesn't clear up the issue. I'm hesitant to disable the UAP as it is recommended to have it in the (long ass title)Fucking Guide, and I have mods it's supposed to patch. BTW, I have the latest UAP.

You may try but it should not cause this problem